UPDATE 1/20!! Bickering, Barfing, and Bug Bites

great pics.... seeing the food from 'Ohana makes me want to be there right now! that is our favorite place 2 eat:thumbsup2

Glad to see that Lumar was feeling better. You last full day at WDW looks fantastic...if the pictures are anything to go by. Love them!

And yes...what a random meet and greet you had! :lmao:

Taking advantage of the snow day and catching up on the DIS? :cool1:

Great update! I want to meet Jiminy Cricket and I can never find him, and I can't stand RPW! I'm not going all the way over there to meet him! Cute pics with him and Rafiki! And you met the bunnies! :lovestruc I LOVE them!

I always see people on the DIS debating whether or not you can use base tix with extra days for more than one park in one day, and a lot of people think you can, but I guess not! :confused3

I hope they have those Cherry Coladas this year at F&W, I have to try one! Everyone says they are so good!

I totally agree with you about Ohana...I would go back just for that bread pudding!

The Halloween party looks awesome! I can't wait to finally go to one! :cool1:

Yes, the snow was crazy! I didn't bother going out yesterday for anything but I really underestimated the amount of snow that was out there. I went outside to clean the car off this morning at 7:20 and didn't come back in until 7:55...the snow was thigh deep! I was soaked and freezing...I had to change my clothes before we left for work! It was nice to be off though and be able to catch up on my TR a little bit. I only have one more update to post and then I can start catching up on everyone else's TRs that I've flaked out on lol

We met Jiminy Cricket on Main Street at MK, too, back in 2008. One of my favorite things to do is ride the train around the park a few times because you can see which characters are out before you get off the train. We've gotten to meet some pretty good characters that way...Clarabelle and Horace, Marie, Foulfellow, Prince John, Chicken Little, and Jiminy Cricket. Out of curiosity though...why do you hate RPW?? I love it over there! And CMM is another place that I think a lot of people over look but it's the best way to meet characters, I think. They have a random assortment that rotate hourly and there are hardly ever any lines (at least in our experience).

And yes, we learned the hard way that if you have a Base Ticket, you can not go to more than one park per day. We slid our tickets through the machine and the light turned red...it doesn't let you in at all.

Cherry Colada = :cloud9:
Bread Pudding = :cloud9:

The Halloween Party is definitely the most fun event I've participated in at WDW. We liked the Christmas Party but it pales in comparison to Halloween!

Great update, Ali. We have NEVER seen Jiminey Cricket in all of our visits to DW. I really would like to catch him one of these days.

Your meal at Ohana looks wonderful. Now I have to try and figure out how to squeeze that one in for our trip in September.

Your Hallowishes pictures turned out great! Isn't it a terrific fireworks display? I loved it.

We've only ever seen him at RPW and on Main Street. And of course, when we met him on Main Street a couple years ago, I blinked in the picture. I was so upset! :laughing:

Ohana was a great meal....I love going there for breakfast but dinner was just as good. And that Pina Colava....YUM!

Thank you for the compliments on my pics! I really wish I had remember to bring my tripod...I was resting my camera on one of the little statues in the hub to prevent it from shaking but it was really uncomfortable! Hallowishes is definitely tied with Illuminations as my favorite fireworks show.

great pics.... seeing the food from 'Ohana makes me want to be there right now! that is our favorite place 2 eat:thumbsup2

I wish I could be there right now too...heck I wish I could be ANYWHERE in WDW right now...apparently Florida was the only state in the country to NOT get snow Tuesday/Wednesday. Even Hawaii had snow...it was crazy.

Glad to see that Lumar was feeling better. You last full day at WDW looks fantastic...if the pictures are anything to go by. Love them!

And yes...what a random meet and greet you had! :lmao:

We still can't believe that we hit 3 parks in one day, but it was a blast! We had a good time and got to fill in all of the things we missed, then move on!

That meet & greet was so weird....Dana was like "why are there people coming out the wrong way?" and I remember thinking "uh oh, the ride broke down again" but no....just Hook and Smee coming to see us!

Alli, wow your last full day sure sounded busy and fun. But 160.00???????? WOW, the things we'll do for disney especially while at disney. Things like that are what make it tricky in knowing how much to bring with/have saved for the actual trip itself.

Funny that you ran into Cpt Hook and Smee right there, awesome though, I love those little surprises. I loved the pics of Rafiki too. Rafiki was the first character my little guy would go near. Eveyrone else was so pushy, Rafiki crouched down to his level and just waved to him and slowly he walked up. Minney was all over him hugging on him and it freaked him out so bad. So I love Rafiki.

Can you believe we are 4 weeks out? My ticker says 4 weeks and 1 day but technically less, we have changed some plans and are leaving a day earlier and arriving a day earlier. YAHOO!!!

Alli, wow your last full day sure sounded busy and fun. But 160.00???????? WOW, the things we'll do for disney especially while at disney. Things like that are what make it tricky in knowing how much to bring with/have saved for the actual trip itself.

Funny that you ran into Cpt Hook and Smee right there, awesome though, I love those little surprises. I loved the pics of Rafiki too. Rafiki was the first character my little guy would go near. Eveyrone else was so pushy, Rafiki crouched down to his level and just waved to him and slowly he walked up. Minney was all over him hugging on him and it freaked him out so bad. So I love Rafiki.

Can you believe we are 4 weeks out? My ticker says 4 weeks and 1 day but technically less, we have changed some plans and are leaving a day earlier and arriving a day earlier. YAHOO!!!

Yeah, the $160 was a bit high but I think it's because she ended up doing Park Hoppers for TWO days, instead of just the 1. I think they have to add it on for all of the remaining days. We probably should have just bought single day tickets, and kept everything separate but I didn't think of that at the time. :rolleyes:
Wow you're so close! I'm going through serious WDW withdrawal right now so I'll be living through your TR!

Ali, have you ever done Kona for breakfast? I'm going to be doing a poll or something on my PTR in the next day or two because I have WAY TOO MANY restaurants and I'm trying to limit it down to then cut from there. I can't decide if I should leave Kona for breakfast as an option or Ohana for dinner.

I don't think three MNSSHPs in one trip is crazy at all. I did two last time, and wish I could've gone to another!

What great Hallowishes pics! I love it, but I think I still love Illuminations a tiny bit more. It's really close, though!

Ali, have you ever done Kona for breakfast? I'm going to be doing a poll or something on my PTR in the next day or two because I have WAY TOO MANY restaurants and I'm trying to limit it down to then cut from there. I can't decide if I should leave Kona for breakfast as an option or Ohana for dinner.

Yes, I think Chapter 7! LOL We went this year and last year as well. It's one of our favorites!

I don't think three MNSSHPs in one trip is crazy at all. I did two last time, and wish I could've gone to another!

What great Hallowishes pics! I love it, but I think I still love Illuminations a tiny bit more. It's really close, though!

Going to the 3rd one was a last minute thing and I'm glad we did it. We got to do our favorite event one last time and we got to hang out with Dana again before we left! Hallowishes vs Illuminations is a toss up for me, too! Don't worry. I liked Hallowishes MORE before they started cutting chunks out of it to make it shorter (they cut out two parts that are noticeable to me because I have it on my iPod and memorized the song :rolleyes1 ) but I still like them both the same....It's like Boo To You vs Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade....I can't pick a favorite!

Who told you that about the base ticket?? That stinks you had to pay all that money to upgrade to a hopper for just one day.

I love, love, LOVE Ohana! The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the pork. You can make a meal out of the appetizers and salad alone. I can't wait to go back. Try the Lapu Lapu next time! ;)

Who told you that about the base ticket?? That stinks you had to pay all that money to upgrade to a hopper for just one day.

I love, love, LOVE Ohana! The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the pork. You can make a meal out of the appetizers and salad alone. I can't wait to go back. Try the Lapu Lapu next time! ;)

I had always just kind of assumed on my own that if you had base tickets and went to two parks in one day, it would just deduct two days off of your ticket. I asked the CM at the concierge at CSR if that was truly how it worked and she confirmed with me, that YES if I went to two parks in one day it would deduct two days off my pass. But when we got to Epcot and tried to go through the gate, the light on the machine turned red and the CM said that with a Base Ticket you are limited to one park per day.

Something in the Lapu Lapu didn't entice me...but I don't remember what it was off the top of my head. I remember looking at it and thinking "ooh! people on The DIS really like this!" but the Pina Colava caught my eye and it was a wrap! LOL

So glad that he started to feel better the next day and that you were able to get a lot done in your last full day :goodvibes Love all of the character pictures at AK!!

Its too bad the CMs kept giving you different information and you spent time seperating all your purchases :confused: confusing!!

Seeing those pictures of Ohana is making me miss it sooooo bad...DBF and I keep talking about that meal still :rotfl:

So glad that he started to feel better the next day and that you were able to get a lot done in your last full day :goodvibes Love all of the character pictures at AK!!

Its too bad the CMs kept giving you different information and you spent time seperating all your purchases :confused: confusing!!

Seeing those pictures of Ohana is making me miss it sooooo bad...DBF and I keep talking about that meal still :rotfl:

Ohana was definitely good but we still talk about our meal at Rose & Crown. Maybe it's because we were so stressed out that day but it was the best meal of the trip, for us, definitely. I think Ohana would rank within the top 3on our list of favorites, though!

I had always just kind of assumed on my own that if you had base tickets and went to two parks in one day, it would just deduct two days off of your ticket. I asked the CM at the concierge at CSR if that was truly how it worked and she confirmed with me, that YES if I went to two parks in one day it would deduct two days off my pass. But when we got to Epcot and tried to go through the gate, the light on the machine turned red and the CM said that with a Base Ticket you are limited to one park per day.

Something in the Lapu Lapu didn't entice me...but I don't remember what it was off the top of my head. I remember looking at it and thinking "ooh! people on The DIS really like this!" but the Pina Colava caught my eye and it was a wrap! LOL

As much as I love Disney, some of their CMs have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Whenever I call to request a king bed in a value resort and I'm told they have no such thing while I'm looking at a picture of it and in fact have stayed in one myself has made me realize this.

The Lapu Lapu is full of awesome just because it comes served in a pineapple!

As much as I love Disney, some of their CMs have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Whenever I call to request a king bed in a value resort and I'm told they have no such thing while I'm looking at a picture of it and in fact have stayed in one myself has made me realize this.

The Lapu Lapu is full of awesome just because it comes served in a pineapple!

It's true. And from working in a big call center environment, I can tell you from experience that it's just because there is so much information and such a high turnover rate of employees that it's impossible for everyone to always be on the same page. Obviously, this chick probably never worked a ticket gate so she would just have to go off of whatever other people tell her. But it's the same with all my stupid receipts! First they say the I need them, then they say I don't, then I do, then I don't. It all depends on the person. They don't NEED the receipt unless there is a discrepancy when they scan the item, or unless the barcode/price has been removed.

We met Jiminy Cricket on Main Street at MK, too, back in 2008. One of my favorite things to do is ride the train around the park a few times because you can see which characters are out before you get off the train. We've gotten to meet some pretty good characters that way...Clarabelle and Horace, Marie, Foulfellow, Prince John, Chicken Little, and Jiminy Cricket. Out of curiosity though...why do you hate RPW?? I love it over there! And CMM is another place that I think a lot of people over look but it's the best way to meet characters, I think. They have a random assortment that rotate hourly and there are hardly ever any lines (at least in our experience).

That's a great idea! I will have to remember that for my next trip, I always see the same characters, I'd like to meet some new ones!

And to be fair, I don't hate RPW, it's just not a one of my favorite places, the train takes so long to get there, and there's that whole petting zoo, which is strange! I do like seeing what animals they are examining though, and it seems like a good spot to meet random characters! I think we have only been there once, in 2008, so maybe it's time to give it another try! :cool1:

It's true. And from working in a big call center environment, I can tell you from experience that it's just because there is so much information and such a high turnover rate of employees that it's impossible for everyone to always be on the same page. Obviously, this chick probably never worked a ticket gate so she would just have to go off of whatever other people tell her. But it's the same with all my stupid receipts! First they say the I need them, then they say I don't, then I do, then I don't. It all depends on the person. They don't NEED the receipt unless there is a discrepancy when they scan the item, or unless the barcode/price has been removed.

Disney should staff everyone on the DIS. We'd totally kick butt ;)

Hey all,

My FINAL update is coming up tonight! I can't believe I'm about to finish my TR! I feel like just yesterday I was still in Double Digits!

What did Lumar and I do on departure day?? Did I squeeze in ONE MORE mint chocolate chip ice cream cone?? Is a new ticker in our future??

Stay tuned for the final chapter!

Hey all,

My FINAL update is coming up tonight! I can't believe I'm about to finish my TR! I feel like just yesterday I was still in Double Digits!

What did Lumar and I do on departure day?? Did I squeeze in ONE MORE mint chocolate chip ice cream cone?? Is a new ticker in our future??

Can't wait to read it, but so sad that it will be over. :sad2:

Hey all,

It's so sad when a TR ends! That means your trip is finally over! :sad1:

I know what you mean about feeling like it was yesterday when you were in double digits, I feel that way too! I feel like it was yesterday that I was like "wow, only 59 days til Disney!" Now I have like, 253 days or something crazy like that! :rotfl:

Can't wait to read the last update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter