UPDATE 1/20!! Bickering, Barfing, and Bug Bites

Poor Lumar....and poor you! Hope you enjoyed your "rest" day at the resort. At least you got your laundry done.

Ugh poor Lumar! Being sick at Disney is no fun! :sick:

I love the Coronado pics, it looks like such a pretty resort! After this past trip, I have realized I HATE doing laundry at Disney! :rotfl: It takes forever and the dryers are terrible!

Can't wait to hear about your insane plans for the next day!:thumbsup2

Poor Lumar! And honestly pretty frustrating for you too, but how nice of you to get everything all set!! Love the resort pictures too!! I cannot wait to hear about your plans for the next day!!

Poor Lumar :( I'm glad swimming helped him feel a little better, though. Maybe it was just the warmth of the water? I know that after I've been sick, if I take a hot shower, I feel better. :confused3

Anyway, CSR is gorgeous!

Poor Lumar....and poor you! Hope you enjoyed your "rest" day at the resort. At least you got your laundry done.

Ugh poor Lumar! Being sick at Disney is no fun! :sick:

I love the Coronado pics, it looks like such a pretty resort! After this past trip, I have realized I HATE doing laundry at Disney! :rotfl: It takes forever and the dryers are terrible!

Can't wait to hear about your insane plans for the next day!:thumbsup2

Poor Lumar! And honestly pretty frustrating for you too, but how nice of you to get everything all set!! Love the resort pictures too!! I cannot wait to hear about your plans for the next day!!

Ironically, I had told him the night before that from now on, and "off day" means NO parks. We went to DTD and MK for the Halloween Party so we ended up not really having an off day. So it sucked that Lumar was so sick, but we ended up getting a real "off day." I'm just glad it was like a 24 hour thing and we were able to get back on track the following day. And thankfully, Disney didn't charge us for the TP holder lol

Poor Lumar :( It stinks to be sick on vacation. Especially a Disney vacation.

CSR is beautiful! I have to stay there one of these days.

Ali, I am SO sorry that Lumar was sick. It's so hard being sick on vacation. And I'm sure you would have liked to have had him with you on your "resort" day. Your pictures of the CSR are absolutely breathtaking (can I borrow some of the Ranchos ones for the first page of the CSR site?).

I'm glad the pool helped him feel a little bit better. I ate at Casey's once--NEVER again; I was so sick after I ate their hot dog. :sick:

Can't wait to read what the next day brought.

Poor Lumar :( It stinks to be sick on vacation. Especially a Disney vacation.

CSR is beautiful! I have to stay there one of these days.

I know, it's awful. My brother was sick like that on our WDW trip in 2006, and I got a bad cold halfway through my WDW Birthday Trip. Lumar was so upset because he thought he was ruining my vacation and that I was mad at him because we couldn't go anywhere.

I LOVE CSR! You should definitely give it a try! :thumbsup2

Ali, I am SO sorry that Lumar was sick. It's so hard being sick on vacation. And I'm sure you would have liked to have had him with you on your "resort" day. Your pictures of the CSR are absolutely breathtaking (can I borrow some of the Ranchos ones for the first page of the CSR site?).

I'm glad the pool helped him feel a little bit better. I ate at Casey's once--NEVER again; I was so sick after I ate their hot dog. :sick:

Can't wait to read what the next day brought.

It actually worked out well not having him with me while I walked around. He gets bored easily and I always feel like I'm holding him up when I stop to take pictures (even though I know he is OK with it, I still feel bad). So it was nice to be able to walk around and take my time and not feel rushed.

And yes you can borrow as many as you want! :) I intend to request the Ranchos from now on when we go... It was absolutely perfect!

I am starting to feel the same way about Casey's. Thankfully, I've never been sick from it, but Lumar got it this year and my brother got it in 2006 after eating there...He was up sick all night. I don't necessarily think it's the hot dog itself, but the condiments. The ketchup and cheese sauce are all pumps and I cringe to think about how many people touch those things on a daily basis.

So sorry to hear Lumar was sick during the trip, and really sick. Colds we can deal with, but pukey sick is, a real bummer. I always have that fear, especially traveling with 4 kiddos. I think after hearing this Dan and I are going to have to come up with a plan just in case. If it's one of the kids one of us takes the kids to th park for half a day and then we switch off or something. We aren't staying long enough to take an entire day off without losing big time.

I can't wait to hear what your last full day entailed. Thanks for sharing all of the gorgeous pics of the resort too.

Happy New Year, Ali, and to Lumar too.

newyear.gif

Happy New Year!

I've been away from the boards for a while, so I'm happy to see that your TR didn't end in the meantime.

I'm so sorry about your grandma. What a rough year for your family...I hope this next one brings more joy and less sadness.

That totally sucks that Lumar was sick! Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing solo-ish day, though. Can't wait to hear about the next one!

It had to be awful for Lumar to be so sick at Disney. Truely enjoying looking at the photos of CSR. :goodvibes

We stayed there on opening day/week back in 1998 and it seems a lot of changes since then, one thing I think they built more sections after, we stayed in the Casitas , the building was right around the corner from the lobby and restaurants, it was ideal.
I did a walk around the lake my last night there snapping pics while DH stayed in the room watching CNN to rest up for the plane ride home :rotfl:

I do not see a ticker in your signature yet, do you know about the new promo for % off resort room? Now is your chance to convince Lumar to book....hehehe

So sorry to hear Lumar was sick during the trip, and really sick. Colds we can deal with, but pukey sick is, a real bummer. I always have that fear, especially traveling with 4 kiddos. I think after hearing this Dan and I are going to have to come up with a plan just in case. If it's one of the kids one of us takes the kids to th park for half a day and then we switch off or something. We aren't staying long enough to take an entire day off without losing big time.

I can't wait to hear what your last full day entailed. Thanks for sharing all of the gorgeous pics of the resort too.

That sounds like a good plan. Truly, I believe it's just the sheer amount of germs and bacteria you come into contact with. Make sure hands get washed as often as possible, and carry wipes so you can be sure your hands get cleaned before you eat.

Happy New Year, Ali, and to Lumar too.

newyear.gif

Thanks, Kathy! To you and Mark as well :hug:

Happy New Year!

I've been away from the boards for a while, so I'm happy to see that your TR didn't end in the meantime.

I'm so sorry about your grandma. What a rough year for your family...I hope this next one brings more joy and less sadness.

That totally sucks that Lumar was sick! Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing solo-ish day, though. Can't wait to hear about the next one!

Thanks for the well wishes :hug: Just as a last hurrah, another one of our bunnies passed away last Wednesday. He was older so it wasn't totally unexpected but it just sucks. I lost 2 grandparents, my great aunt, and 2 bunnies in 2010. Let's just say, I'm glad it's over and I'm looking forward to 2011 being a little less glum!

It had to be awful for Lumar to be so sick at Disney. Truely enjoying looking at the photos of CSR. :goodvibes

We stayed there on opening day/week back in 1998 and it seems a lot of changes since then, one thing I think they built more sections after, we stayed in the Casitas , the building was right around the corner from the lobby and restaurants, it was ideal.
I did a walk around the lake my last night there snapping pics while DH stayed in the room watching CNN to rest up for the plane ride home :rotfl:

I do not see a ticker in your signature yet, do you know about the new promo for % off resort room? Now is your chance to convince Lumar to book....hehehe

Glad you are enjoying the pics! I had a good time walking around taking them all. It sucked that Lumar was stuck in the room but if he hadn't been, I never would have gotten to walk around CSR like I did.

I actually had created a ticker for 2011 but I removed it. The reason for which will be coming up in my last update :goodvibes Only two more to go! One full day and then our departure day and I'm done!

Poor Lumar! That's my worst fear, that one of us will get sick while at Disney!

Thankfully, this one only lasted for one day! Although it got me thinking about which is worse...coming down with an actual cold or just getting a 24 hour bug while on vacation. I'm starting to think that the cold is worse...at least after the stomach bug you're done and you start to feel better. With a cold it just doesn't give up!

Ali, under some peer pressure from the MEN on the DIS, I've started my PTR if you want to join in.

Lumar woke up feeling much better so we got up at 6:45 and quickly prepared for our day. It was our last full day in WDW and we had made an insane plan the night before on how to spend it.

We knew that there was going to be a Halloween Party at the MK so we decided to go for it. Yup: 3 MNSSHPs in one trip. But there was still some other things we wanted to do as well...

Since we never made it to AK the day before, we headed there first. Upon arrival, we bought our tickets for the Halloween Party that night, then headed to RPW for some meet & greets and other fun stuff.

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

I found a Hidden Mickey!

IMG_0367_2.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

After that, we headed back to CMM:

Photopass2010118.jpg

Photopass2010122.jpg

And finally, my dream comes true! :laughing:

IMG_0373.jpg

After CMM, we headed back to CSR where we shipped home all of the stuff we'd bought throughout the week. I also seem to have some kind of issue when it come to shipping stuff home....in 2007, the CM at CSR said we needed all of the receipts in order for them to ship our stuff home. In 2008, I painstakingly saved all of our receipts, and the CM at POFQ said he didn't need them, the items just needed a barcode and a price tag on them. In 2009, I didn't bother saving receipts and the CM at POP said she needed them. So this year, not only did I save all of the receipts but when I was packing the room the day before and Lumar was sleeping, I put everything together in ziplock bags along with the matching receipts. So if there were 5 items on one receipt, they all went into 1 bag. 3 items on another receipt went into a different bag, and so on. So everything was really well organized. We get down to the gift shop and the CM says he doesn't need the receipts. ::faint::

So we get all of our stuff packed up and sent out and Lumar and I hop on a bus for Epcot!

Maybe it's just me, but my understanding of MYW Base Tickets was this: If you have a 5 day pass and go to 2 parks in one day, you will use two days off of your pass. I actually double checked and asked the CM at the Concierge Desk at CSR and she yes, if we had base tickets and went to two parks in one day it would use two park days.

Well...that's wrong. Apparently a Base Ticket truly limits you to one park per day. So since Lumar and I didn't go to a park the day before, we still had two days left on our passes. I figured that we had gone to AK in the morning and could do Epcot in the afternoon with no problem. Of course that wasn't the case. So we had to get out of line when the machines wouldn't let us in and go to the ticket booth. We told the girl that we just wanted park hoppers added for today only because we were leaving tomorrow and there was no sense in adding park hoppers for 2 days. As it was, we were going to have an extra day available on our passes. She didn't speak english very well so in reality, I have no idea what she did...but we paid her like $160 and went on our merry way.

All I wanted was a dang crab cake from the Hopes & Barley booth in the American Adventure, and ride Soarin' because it's my favorite ride and we never to it during the week due to a series of unfortunate events.

So first, we headed for The Land. The line for Soarin' said it was a 50 minute wait and the FP return time was for 7:30pm. So we got in the stand-by line and actually probably only waited about 20 minutes, PLUS we got pulled to the front because they needed a party of 2...FOR THE FRONT ROW!! Woohoo!!!

After Soarin, we headed to WS where I finally got my crab cake! And wow, was it worth it!

IMG_20101028_150925.jpg

Lumar wanted a Pierogi and Kielbasa from Poland so we stopped there. REALLY GOOD!

IMG_20101028_152519.jpg

And then we stopped at the Puerto Rico booth for Bacardi Torched Cherry Coladas.

IMG_0374.jpg

O M G I soooooooo wanted to get another one but Lumar told me I would ruin my dinner if I did. So we headed out of Epcot at 4:30pm, swapped monorails at the TTC and got off at the Polynesian for our ADR at Ohana!

(continued in next post)

When we got to the check-in desk at Ohana, we were only the 2nd people in line and pretty much got seated within 5 minutes. Although that gave me enough time to look at the drink menu so I knew exactly what I wanted when we were seated!

The house salad and bread were fantastic, the chicken wings and the wontons were my favorites, Lumar liked the steak but I wasn't crazy about it, and we passed on the shrimp because I wasn't in the mood for it and Lumar doesn't like it. The lo mein was OK but I'm not a big fan of it anyway. And my drink (which was Heaven in a glass) was a Pina Colava:

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0391_2.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

The dessert, of course, is bread pudding with vanilla ice cream. Even if the rest of the meal was horrible, I would go back here just for the dessert. It was amazing:

IMG_0392.jpg

The service was a little slow but overall, it was a GREAT experience. I can't wait to go back! We are planning to have at least my sister and her boyfriend with us on our next trip and I'm getting so excited to bring them to all of these great meals!

After dinner, we got on the monorail and headed for our 3rd park of the day (I told you we were crazy!) and our 3rd Halloween Party of the trip. We headed into the Fantasyland and went to see Philharmagic, then met up with Dana again! I don't think I have the exact order of things right, but we went on HM, Magic Carpets, then Pirates.

Here's some pics from outside the HM:

IMG_2228.jpg

For those of you that haven't seen the homage to Mr. Toad in the Pet Cemetery:

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

So as we're walking through the nearly empty PotC queue, we see some people coming towards us (basically the wrong way out of the line) and lo and behold, the most random character meet & greet I've ever participated in:

P1060453.jpg

After Pirates, I knew the only other thing I really wanted to do was watch Hallowishes. We had tried to get over to BTMRR but the parade was going down Main Street so we just found a spot on the sidewalk and waited for it to pass, then headed into the hub and found a seat on the ground to wait for the fireworks. We were able to do a lot of people watching while we waited and couldn't believe some of the great costumes we saw!

IMG_2274.jpg

Finally, the fireworks started and I managed to get some decent pics:

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg

When the fireworks were over, most of the crowd headed out of the park, but we headed over to Space Mountain!

When we exited the ride, Lumar and I said goodbye to our new friend and headed back to CSR. I still had some packing to do and it was almost 11pm. By the time we went to bed it was after midnight, but we still had a plan for that remaining day on our park passes.....

Taking advantage of the snow day and catching up on the DIS? :cool1:

Great update! I want to meet Jiminy Cricket and I can never find him, and I can't stand RPW! I'm not going all the way over there to meet him! Cute pics with him and Rafiki! And you met the bunnies! :lovestruc I LOVE them!

I always see people on the DIS debating whether or not you can use base tix with extra days for more than one park in one day, and a lot of people think you can, but I guess not! :confused3

I hope they have those Cherry Coladas this year at F&W, I have to try one! Everyone says they are so good!

I totally agree with you about Ohana...I would go back just for that bread pudding!

The Halloween party looks awesome! I can't wait to finally go to one! :cool1:

Great update, Ali. We have NEVER seen Jiminey Cricket in all of our visits to DW. I really would like to catch him one of these days.

Your meal at Ohana looks wonderful. Now I have to try and figure out how to squeeze that one in for our trip in September.

Your Hallowishes pictures turned out great! Isn't it a terrific fireworks display? I loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter