*update 1/10 Am I done?!!* How to get your child to grow 1" in 120 days....

Wow, great line up of ADRs! HURRAY! For BOG ressie!!! That's awesome! I love Boma breakfast, and Cinderella's table is so adorable.
The girls' dresses are super cute. :thumbsup2

Sorry I'm late. I didn't see that you'd started your PTR. I'm sorry you're not going to get your adults only trip, but this one definitely looks like fun! I hope your adrenaline junkie grows enough to be able to enjoy more rides!

The costumes for your girls look great! Nice find! :thumbsup2 Are Mom and Dad getting costumes too? :rolleyes1

For your January trip, I definitely think you've got your priorities right for the resort choice. Hopefully you can get BLT since you're not going to get to on this trip, and I agree with your comment about BC. If I'm going to stay there, I want to do it when I know it will be hot and I can take advantage of Stormalong Bay.

Nice score on the BoG ADR. Definitely fate!!!

I don't think you'll have any problem doing signature dining with the kids. We took DS to Le Cellier before he was 2 and he did fine... It is Disney and they're prepared for kids. I don't know if this is a LeCellier thing, a Disney signature thing or coincidence, but as I walked through the restaurant I noticed that all the high chairs tended to be in the same corner of the dining room. :rotfl::lmao:

:welcome: better late than never right?! ;) I will know by tomorrow morning if we get BLT... So far a lake view is showing availability... :teeth: I don't think it's a Disney thing to put all the little kids in one area, we went out to lunch yesterday and got seated in the back of the restaurant! Hehe we didn't mind :)

DH actually mentioned dressing up in some sort of fashion.... What that morphs into I do not know. Whatever it is, as long as the fabric is comfortable I am game!

Yay double digit dance!! :cool1::cool1::banana::banana:

Yes!! :banana:

Nice camera! I'm looking forward to trying out my new camera for the upcoming trips especially Disney! Got a Canon 7D which I'm loving right now. And our kids are now getting to that age where photographing them has gotten a lot easier while they're playing - meaning I don't have to be right near them all the time. :thumbsup2

I know, things are getting easier with my two kids, but Olive still being so young, it's hard still :) I will be trying to take a picture of Zoey and she finds it the perfect timing to run off and eat dirt or something ;)

Hey there Sarah! Glad to see your countdown is in the double digits!! :thumbsup2

So excited!! And I'm finally in the single digits to go to NC, we are so in need of a vacation here!

First let me say those etsy costumes are wonderful! I'd wear it for MNSSHP...if DBF would go!

'Ohana is my favorite breakfast, I hope you like it. You have a wonderful mix of restaurants overall!

Congrats on the new camera too. I've been itching for a new one myself.

I can't wait to order the costumes, I actually just want to order a bunch of dresses from that woman they are soooo cute! I like how the breakfast is family style :) And what I really like is good coffee ;) Press pot here I come!! I'm really loving my camera and can't not wait for next week and NC to really use it. Maybe I will do a post on my new gear before I leave....

Wow, great line up of ADRs! HURRAY! For BOG ressie!!! That's awesome! I love Boma breakfast, and Cinderella's table is so adorable.
The girls' dresses are super cute. :thumbsup2

BOG is going to be great, we were at this cupcake shop yesterday in Burlington VT (if any of you end up there My Little Cupcake is awesome!!) and they had these cheap rose rings, Zoey picked one out and we had a pretty good talk about it being Belle's.... I told her she would get to see the enchanted rose in Disney - she is soooo excited!

So, as most of you know I will be going back to WDW in January (this was the original family trip, just because the adult trip turned into a family trip didn't mean I would change this one!!)

Well, this morning my 7 month window opened up.... I was planning on 7 nights at BLT in a lake view room... Sadly our last night had no availability anywhere at BLT... :sad2: So what's a girl to do? I really want to stay at BLT, should I just wait list that last night, it would probably come through right? But what if it didn't... I really didn't want to be switching around rooms with 1 night to go..... So I talk to DH. He says lets do a split stay! Really? My DH suggested a split stay?!?! Yep! So I ask 3 or 4 nights at BLT - he says 4... So I plug the dates in and guess what... There is an MK View available for those dates!!!!! :cloud9: So I booked it. :D

Well now you are probably wondering about the next 3 nights --- DH suggests an Epcot Resort - so our new priority is 1) BWV 2)BC 3) WL or OKW
Right now it looks like BWV is still available, but we know that can all change by Saturday morning when my window opens. I will book the garden/pool view and waitlist a Boardwalk View :D a dream vacation could be achieved here, MK View AND a Boardwalk View!!! WL is tied with OKW mostly because DH wants a full week in WL in December (hoping for 3rd week Dec 2014) All the talk about Wilderness Lodge and Disney got us talking about 2015.... And a trip to Yosemite AND Disneyland!! DH wants to do 10-11 nights out there, by then he will be getting 1 months vacation time from his company and hopefully they will let him stack a few days onto the week (he normally can only be off for one week at a time, no consecutive weeks) However, he is a hard worker, puts in a ton of hours (boo to being salaried!) and rarely takes time off so here is to hoping!!

So while we are driving to NC (to see my sister and brother in law :goodvibes ) I will be trying to get BWV :) Wow... vacation... Finally!

*******************************​

So I mentioned discussing some of my camera gear that I will be giving a test drive in NC. First - Zack for mothers day bought me a Nikon D7100 :love: He is an awesome husband :) My camera was old and tired and with my new roll as a SAHM we decided it is time to give my hobby a kick start!

Heaven :)

Well, after memory cards and such I needed a new bag. I have a National Geographic backpack which is great for hiking, and a smaller shoulder bag which doesn't hold enough for a trip. Ideally, I wanted to be able to leave my purse at home and have something that I could store my wallet in, my iPhone and my iPad.... I found this....

So far I really like it, it doesn't look like a camera bag, and it is masculine enough for DH to carry and stylish enough for me to take to take wherever I choose.... It also stores A LOT. My iPad fits easily, as well as my camera with my D70's kit lens... Right now I have this in it.

DSLR, Nikon 35mm 2.8, 18-55 3.5-5.6, 55-200 4-5.6, and a Sigma 10-20 4-5.6. With room for much more, like my speedlight and such.

I really love my 35mm lens and have contemplated a 50mm as well... Thoughts?

So with all my new fun stuff I also got some memory cards (two 32 GB) and a neat little card reader for my iPad. It seems to work well, slightly cumbersome but good enough for now. It will be great for live updates and photosharing with family. I was looking at the attachment for the Nikon Wu 1a (I think?) but the reviews were not very good, so for a few dollars cheaper this works for me. Although apparently you can not go larger than a 32GB card.

So, I have had the camera for a few weeks but have to busy to truly get out with it. I have taken many snapshots at home and hoping for lots of camera time in NC.

So here is just a few that I have taken! The first is with my 35mm and the remainder with my 18-55 :) (FYI I am a huge fan of the shady/cloudy white balance options on this camera, the warmth it gives is great!)

My goofball!

My dirt lover :)

She likes rocks too....

And my crab apple tree!

Holy update Batman!!!
Ok so I feel like I have expressed excitement for your Jan trip a few times now. :thumbsup2. But seriously, MK view and potential BW view? I could come along and watch the kids for you. :goodvibes
I know nothing about cameras, but umm Sarah, your daughter is eating a rock! :rotfl2:
I love the bag and that it is masculine enough for Zack. That was a lesson I learned last year. DH will not hold my floral Vera Bradley bag!! :confused3

Holy update Batman!!!
Ok so I feel like I have expressed excitement for your Jan trip a few times now. :thumbsup2. But seriously, MK view and potential BW view? I could come along and watch the kids for you. :goodvibes
I know nothing about cameras, but umm Sarah, your daughter is eating a rock! :rotfl2:
I love the bag and that it is masculine enough for Zack. That was a lesson I learned last year. DH will not hold my floral Vera Bradley bag!! :confused3

Haha me too :) I kinda have that feeling like I ran through out the entire house yelling yippppeeeee ;) haha not sure if you want to share a pull out sofa with two munchkins - those little feet are brutal!!! I might suggest a sleeping bag ;)

Yep, Olive is a connoisseur of all things dirty.... Yesterday she was getting ready to lick a mushroom :scared: She is a funny kid! She licks rocks all the time, in the end, I'd rather her lick the rocks at home than lick the door at Five Guys (yes she did this ugh) Needless to say her immune system has gotten pretty awesome! She is getting better though hehehe :)

Yeah, for stuff like my camera bag, finding something that Zack won't mind holding is semi important. If its masculine enough he will most likely carry it if I am already carrying a munchkin or something else and he is less likely to put it down - which when it has so many things that are important and irreplaceable (ie memory cards!!) that's important ;)

Awesome resort plans for January! :thumbsup2 Very envious of your MK view at BLT! Hope you have a fun time in NC as well.

Love your camera gear. On our last trip, I also had the connector for my iPad to my camera. I really liked the little gizmo but didn't have much time to use it for DIS updates because I was too tired by the time we came back to our room.

I have a couple of prime lens (a 50mm f1.8 and a 85mm f1.8). Love using them for portraits but I found it less helpful for taking pictures of the kids at Disney. With our young children constantly in motion, I found that a zoom lens (usually 17-55mm) gave me more spontaneity of capturing candid moments at different distances. I do love the 50mm for taking pictures in the dark rides at Disney though. ;)

Haha me too :) I kinda have that feeling like I ran through out the entire house yelling yippppeeeee ;) haha not sure if you want to share a pull out sofa with two munchkins - those little feet are brutal!!! I might suggest a sleeping bag ;)

Yep, Olive is a connoisseur of all things dirty.... Yesterday she was getting ready to lick a mushroom :scared: She is a funny kid! She licks rocks all the time, in the end, I'd rather her lick the rocks at home than lick the door at Five Guys (yes she did this ugh) Needless to say her immune system has gotten pretty awesome! She is getting better though hehehe :)

Yeah, for stuff like my camera bag, finding something that Zack won't mind holding is semi important. If its masculine enough he will most likely carry it if I am already carrying a munchkin or something else and he is less likely to put it down - which when it has so many things that are important and irreplaceable (ie memory cards!!) that's important ;)

No need for a bed. Just let me sit on the balcony and stare at the castle all night. :goodvibes
At least Olive is learning to appreciate nature at an early age. Although the door at Five Guys...:rotfl2: Yes, she will have an awesome immune system!

Awesome resort plans for January! :thumbsup2 Very envious of your MK view at BLT! Hope you have a fun time in NC as well.

Love your camera gear. On our last trip, I also had the connector for my iPad to my camera. I really liked the little gizmo but didn't have much time to use it for DIS updates because I was too tired by the time we came back to our room.

I have a couple of prime lens (a 50mm f1.8 and a 85mm f1.8). Love using them for portraits but I found it less helpful for taking pictures of the kids at Disney. With our young children constantly in motion, I found that a zoom lens (usually 17-55mm) gave me more spontaneity of capturing candid moments at different distances. I do love the 50mm for taking pictures in the dark rides at Disney though. ;)

:) It's definitely a great start, I think everyone deserves a few nights with an MK view :) We both have great resorts for our fall trips! I'm tremendously excited for NC, my SIL & BIL live on the coast so it will be fun, New England beaches are not nearly as warm as the southern beaches..... We actually hadn't seen them in like 5 years because of me having kids, both of us moving, work expectations, deployments, and we finally caught up in Disney last December (again there is that Disney magic!) and it was like what the heck were we thinking letting time get in between us like this!! Plus it's so nice to have people around your kids who let you truly relax.

I thought that connector was pretty neat, I like how easy it was to upload pictures, however, I don't like that you can't view it full screen.... I always have dreams of live updates but they didn't materialize last time... I will try again though! I do plan on using my ipad more as a journaling device this trip, so who knows.... ;)

I guess when I picked up the 35mm I was torn between that and the 50mm.... On our last trip I used mostly the 17-55 and my 10-20.... I'm really not a huge fan of my zoom, I will need to rent one someday to see if its the lens or me ;) I really just want to bring it for AK :) I hope I can do well with my 35mm and dark rides, I honestly really hope I can just take a few more pictures. On our December trip I was sick, and a tour guide, and mom :) it was hard to add much else in.

No need for a bed. Just let me sit on the balcony and stare at the castle all night. :goodvibes
At least Olive is learning to appreciate nature at an early age. Although the door at Five Guys...:rotfl2: Yes, she will have an awesome immune system!

:) you will have to hang out with me all night! The Five Guys door was one of those don't make eye contact because I feel like an inadequate parent moment.... It was like Feb too - I was like kid you are so gross!!

I guess when I picked up the 35mm I was torn between that and the 50mm.... On our last trip I used mostly the 17-55 and my 10-20.... I'm really not a huge fan of my zoom, I will need to rent one someday to see if its the lens or me ;) I really just want to bring it for AK :) I hope I can do well with my 35mm and dark rides, I honestly really hope I can just take a few more pictures. On our December trip I was sick, and a tour guide, and mom :) it was hard to add much else in.

I think I know where you're coming from. After a couple of months, I was not liking the kit lens 17-55mm f3.5-5.6. Hence began a 8 month campaign with DW and savings to upgrade the lens which I got for the holidays this past December! I even requested all family and relatives who were asking me what I wanted for my gift to give me gift cards from Amazon so I could pool all of the cash towards the lens. It's a 17-55mm f2.8 and it totally rocks! So I think it's a good idea to try renting one and see how you like the upgrade lens. :goodvibes

I think I know where you're coming from. After a couple of months, I was not liking the kit lens 17-55mm f3.5-5.6. Hence began a 8 month campaign with DW and savings to upgrade the lens which I got for the holidays this past December! I even requested all family and relatives who were asking me what I wanted for my gift to give me gift cards from Amazon so I could pool all of the cash towards the lens. It's a 17-55mm f2.8 and it totally rocks! So I think it's a good idea to try renting one and see how you like the upgrade lens. :goodvibes

That's great! I love the option of renting, I finally found a camera store I could do this through, it's a bit of haul, but in the end finding the right fit is always good. Especially since lenses are not cheap. I think I also just need to get out more :) while I love pictures of my kiddos I need to do a little exploring. :)

Yay for BLT MK view!!!! Your trip will resemble mine since I split BLT with BWV last August! I love the Boardwalk area yet I can't pass up staying near MK so I keep splitting our stays. :)

I hope you enjoy your trip to NC. Even more so with your new camera. You have skills girl! Between you and Dave and Wendy, I'm feeling like I need to bow out of those discussions since I have no clue... wish I did since I would love to take amazing photos like you!! ;)

Wishing you luck for Saturday's booking opportunity!

So excited for you! BLT with MK view sounds lovely! Good luck for BWV!
You have some nice camera gear. I'd love to have a 35mm but I have a 50 f1.8 and they're very similar. Personally I wouldn't see a need for both. I want the sigma 10-20!! If I hadn't ordered the 18-250 I would have got one. Do you love it? I've sold it to lots of customers and had nothing but good reviews.
Beautiful photos!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yay for BLT MK view!!!! Your trip will resemble mine since I split BLT with BWV last August! I love the Boardwalk area yet I can't pass up staying near MK so I keep splitting our stays. :)

I hope you enjoy your trip to NC. Even more so with your new camera. You have skills girl! Between you and Dave and Wendy, I'm feeling like I need to bow out of those discussions since I have no clue... wish I did since I would love to take amazing photos like you!! ;)

Wishing you luck for Saturday's booking opportunity!

We love the Boardwalk area as well :) I think many of our fondest memories that involve just hanging out are there. :) We shy away from the split because our kids are so little, but I think it shouldn't be a big deal on this trip, especially since it looks like it will be just the 4 of us.

Honestly, I feel the same way! I had taken some classes when I was younger, so the actually chatting about it is helping me remember. However, I still feel most of my pictures are pure luck! I feel even in "auto" a big part is composition, and while it is luck if you get the amazing technical composition (which is where I need a ton of practice too) you can still take amazing snapshots without knowing everything. However, hanging around these two photo gurus you are going to pick stuff up! ;) I know I am!

So excited for you! BLT with MK view sounds lovely! Good luck for BWV!
You have some nice camera gear. I'd love to have a 35mm but I have a 50 f1.8 and they're very similar. Personally I wouldn't see a need for both. I want the sigma 10-20!! If I hadn't ordered the 18-250 I would have got one. Do you love it? I've sold it to lots of customers and had nothing but good reviews.
Beautiful photos!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I wonder how hard it will be to try and book the room from my iPhone on route 95 at 8am hehe, I need lots of luck in managing that! I love my 10-20, it's a great lens. I've always enjoyed wide angle lens, and what you can capture and the distortion you can get as well :) I also really like the sigma brand, I have a fish eye as well and I just overall like the engineering behind the brand. I had a tamaron and another brand that I can't remember for my N70 and I was just never truly pleased with the results.

Thank you! Luckily, with the subjects I had chosen its often hard not to get a cute photo at least ;)

Congrats on scoring the MK view at BLT. BLT and BW would be an awesome split stay. Well worth the hassle of packing up and moving. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Alright trying to update from my phone... Sadly Friday ended up having no availability at BWV or BCV (grrr marathon weekend!) However I managed to get 3 nights at Wilderness Lodge :) yay!

The Boardwalk area has proven very tricky for me to get!!

Alright trying to update from my phone... Sadly Friday ended up having no availability at BWV or BCV (grrr marathon weekend!) However I managed to get 3 nights at Wilderness Lodge :) yay!

The Boardwalk area has proven very tricky for me to get!!

Too bad about the lack of availability at BWV and BCV, but Wilderness Lodge is pretty awesome so YAY for that!!

What great photos! Congrats on the camera! You lucky duck, I'm jealous! :thumbsup2

Too bad about the lack of availability at BWV and BCV, but Wilderness Lodge is pretty awesome so YAY for that!!

Honestly, I think no matter where we stayed I would have been happy! I can't complain one way or another. Now I have to do a little research into VWL ;) I think if we go just the 4 of us I might try for a split stay BWV/BC in December :D

What great photos! Congrats on the camera! You lucky duck, I'm jealous! :thumbsup2

Thank you! :)

So I'm back from NC..... We had a great vacation! I want to do some sort of mini TR but need to think it out some because we visited family and I want to maintain their privacy as well. However I'm going to lay out my day to day plans very soon....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter