• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(UPD 8/29) Tales of the Tweedles & Other Spazzjazzerit PHM '15 Cupcake Adventures

Wow! I missed a lot! I guess taking 4 weeks off to have a baby gets you pretty far behind! I love the "rules". Sounds like lots of fun.

I can't beleive you we only at the MK for 45 minutes, that's got to be some kind of record!

I am so glad you finally got to ride EE. I was totally in suspense waiting to hear about that!

I know I read about lots of other fun happenings, but my baby fog brain can't remember what else I wanted to comment on. But hopefully now that things are settling a little bit, I will be more regular on here!

Whew, from curbside crashes, to sipping slushies, to tweedles in teacups, to Adventures in Asia! I'm all caught up in what looks like a whirlwind day! :faint:

Wow, we have been MIA- So sorry!!!! I haven't even been on in like 3 weeks! It's soooooo crazy around here & I leave for mother/daughter trip in 2 days!

I like to tell myself that after school gets out, things will slow down.. maybe? I can hope!

Sorry Tweedle, I have been a sucky Tweedlepartner! (Hangs head in shame!)

And Jackie- CONGRATS ON THAT BABY!!!!!!!! :)

You FORGOT THE RED!! :rotfl2:

I've been a horrible Tweedle as well, petsitting is very busy right now since schools are ending and everyone is heading out of town. It's not going to get better going into a holiday weekend either! I'm itching to report though because Tammie is getting way ahead of us! She's already at race morning! :scared1:

I'll find some time eventually, maybe it will help me with the funk I'm in lately as well.

I have no idea why I am moving ahead of you ladies...of course your story telling is so much better than mine. Also, I am about to run out of pictures and I need to steal. What the heck was up with me and picture taking...that so never happens that I don't take pictures of everything. UGH.

Tweedle Confused...can't wait for mom/daughter trip report (or just FB pictures)! What a wonderful time you will have together!

I'm really sorry I've been MIA. Work has been crazy but I've also been dealing with being down for a while and I think updating this morning will help! Thanks for the push Ann! :crowded:

Now I have to go back and see where I last stopped! I can't even remember. :eek:

Ok, whoohoo! We had just finished up our Tweedlerific 4 parks 1 day and retired for the night around 10pm (later than I had hoped) because we had the Enchanted 10K in the morning!

Tweedle & I spent MONTHS preparing our costume for this race. It was decided I believe nearly a year before the race, right when we decided to do the Glass Slipper Challenge. We knew from the start we wanted red sparkleskirts, we ordered them I think 10 months before the race! :rotfl2: Nicole's SIL??? said she could sew the collars on our shirts, but it took us a while to find the shirts. The correct yellow in a tank that wasn't skin tight was harder to find that you think! We eventually found our shirt and Nicole sent them off to be Tweedlefied! I got on a waiting list for rainbow running leggins because at the time sparkle athletic was out! We also lamented for quite a few months over what bows for our hair. I ended up getting us Sparklevisors because I thought they would add to the costume and I printed out some Tweedle signs for us to carry! Here's the outfit again since it's been a while since the last update!

GSC%20252.jpg

The gloves were added because it was still chilly, but no tights because this Tweedle somehow packed her WHOLE CLOSET but forgot her capri running leggins in case it was cold! We couldn't not match EXACTLY, so Tweedleclueless had to go without as well! :laughing:

I know I'm going on and on about the outfit, but we seriously LOVED them...I mean, it's our namesake now! In fact, we have already discussed "Christmasing" them up for the 5K before Wine & Dine 2016! Still the best running costume I've ever done! I think Nicole couldn't even decide on a Princess Half costume because she said nothing would be as good as our Tweedles!

SO! I woke up (and I think Tweedle did as well) BEFORE the alarm. I believe it was 2am. I was peachy with my 4 hours of sleep and extremely excited! TweedleNicole will have to share how she was feeling, I know she was worried about her knee injury and we had already planned to run/walk at 1/1 intervals and take it really easy for the 10K so she would be alright the following day for the half.

I was all smiles at 2am!
GSC%20253.jpg

We headed down to the bus and walked right on! I was pleased to see Andreah was there! :lovestruc The bus wasn't even full, I don't think and we were off! (It's a little muddy in my brain the 10K morning and the half morning...I think it was just Andreah & the Tweedles this morning??) Tweedle selfie antics on the bus...

GSC%20255.jpg

GSC%20256.jpg

We arrived and it was a little chilly still this morning, but not freezing at least!

GSC%20267a.jpg

We got right in the short line for the PHM backdrop to get some pics!

GSC%20263.jpg

GSC%20260.jpg

GSC%20257.jpg

and I think my favorite photo of the whole weekend...

GSC%20258a.jpg

this is where I earned the name TweedleBOSSY and Nicole earned the name TweedleCLUELESS! :lmao: I was trying to tell her to do our Tweedle nose-pose and she was completely oblivious! She figured it out though, eventually, after I yelled at her. DO THIS!!!!!!

GSC%20259.jpg

Seriously. BEST.COSTUMES.EVER. We should just be Tweedles foreverandever.

After our photo session, we met up with more Cupcakes!!
GSC%20268.jpg

GSC%20269.jpg

then we danced! (note: I don't dance in real life, only at Disney, so I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dance party stuff they do before races. LOVE IT!)
GSC%20261.jpg

GSC%20262.jpg

I'm positive there are photos of me dancing somewhere, but since I was dancing, I wasn't taking them! And then naturally, more photos of US! Because you can never have too many photos, that's my moto!...well, unless you are doing a TR on the DIS and they have a 35 photo limit per post. :rolleyes:

GSC%20264.jpg

GSC%20265.jpg

GSC%20267.jpg

We saw some other Tweedles and took our picture with them (WHERE IS THAT PIC???? NICOLE???) and then it was time to head to the corrals. The corrals were different than the half, they were right there near the staging area. This sounds great to those that don't like the long walk out to the half marathon corrals, but it took probably just as long because everyone had to funnel into the area and it was a traffic jam. Helped keep us warm though!!!

Out at the corrals we saw Edie (who was volunteering, I believe) and met up for one more cupcake photo before going into corral B. WHERE ARE THESE PHOTOS?? I have them in my brain but can't seem to find them. I'm thinking they might be Nicole's pictures I'm thinking of.

Corral B was awesome to be in, gave us a lot of cushion for time when we were planning to go slow and just have fun. It was a bit chilly, but I warmed up because they played my FAVORITE, the cupid shuffle, so I proceeded to Tweedledance my way around the corral to warm up! It wasn't long before they opened the corral to move us forward as corral A took off! It was finally here! The first of our two epic races...

I have no idea why I am moving ahead of you ladies...of course your story telling is so much better than mine. Also, I am about to run out of pictures and I need to steal. What the heck was up with me and picture taking...that so never happens that I don't take pictures of everything. UGH.

Tweedle Confused...can't wait for mom/daughter trip report (or just FB pictures)! What a wonderful time you will have together!

Steal away Tammie! Just try to not use ALL of them so that people who are reading both reports will see different shots on both our reports when I get to the crawl! :thumbsup2

The Enchanted 10K

Thought I was going to leave you hangin', huh? ;) I considered it but thought I would get one more update in.

It was still dark-o-clock as corral B headed out! I believe we decided to run straight until it cleared out a bit in the beginning. We ran until we saw Anna & Elsa on the overpass and then started our intervals. This was just too awesome, the photos don't do it justice! It was SNOWING! :lovestruc

GSC%20270.jpg

GSC%20271.jpg

I'm going to attempt to keep things in order but my memory is a bit fuzzy, so hopefully I can do this! We arrived at mile 1 before we knew it!

GSC%20272.jpg

We attempted a selfie, I think this was the 5th or 6th shot where we actually both ended up in the picture!
GSC%20272a.jpg

Uh yeah, harder than it looks! :joker:

It was about this time I realized that my phone wasn't going to last! The battery was almost dead! :scared: I had brought a cheapo point and shoot with me but EVERY photo I took was awful. I'm not sure if the settings were off or something but I eventually gave up on the camera and my phone shut off, so we were dependent on Nicole's little point and shoot for all our photos! If you know me, you know what a big deal this was. :rolleyes2

It's a testament to how much fun we were having that I really didn't care! Not too long after mile marker 1, we hit the motherload! We came upon a turnaround area, and there, what did we see????...THE WHITE RABBIT!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: We were so excited, we got right in line (it was pretty short, I found out later that he must have just come out, people in Corral A didn't see him) The line moved really quickly and it was our turn! One of my favorite shots from the 10K!

GSC%20273.jpg

and a bit blurrier one on my phone (before it died)

GSC%20274.jpg

We were such happy Tweedles at this point! We were barely past a mile and had already gotten the photo we both had hoped for! Onward!...

At mile 2 we decided the selfies weren't working so well and asked someone to take our picture!
GSC%20275.jpg

We were really having a great time, doing 1/1 most of the time. We passed the fairies at some point but the line was huge and we felt really satisfied with our White Rabbit photo, nothing really could top that (maybe other than the actual Tweedles) and so we ran on!

Mile 3 Nicole just totally gave up on me and took her own selfie! :rotfl:
GSC%20276.jpg

At this point we still had not reached Epcot. I know a lot of people complain that this is boring, but I still enjoyed it! ANY Disney race seems fun to me because I live in a rural area where the races are tiny (seriously like 50 people) so to see all the costumes and run at Disney is enough for me. I was having a blast! It wasn't long though before we could see we were headed into a back entrance to Epcot!

I have to finish here for the day, I've got to get to work! I'll be sure to get back tomorrow and finish with the 10K, don't want to leave anyone hanging!

Up next, the time where TweedleBossy almost knocked over the stilt-walker. :scared1:

Had to pop back in really fast to show you guys a pic that Nicole sent me TODAY, from DHS! They are already at the park and she took this picture of the SPOT (where she face planted) on our mad dash to TSM! :rotfl2:

11069894_10205136536746887_6837229809391652470_n.jpg

I love the picture with the white rabbit!!

Can't believe she sent a pic of the infamous fall--I'd avoid that area like the plague!

Great update! Pretty funny that you remember the exact face plant spot. Those Disney runs looks like so much fun! One day I hope to do at least the 10K....probably walking but still...such awesome costumes you guys had too.

Work has been crazy but I've also been dealing with being down for a while and I think updating this morning will help!

I hoping posting the updates made you feel better!

I love this picture!

this is where I earned the name TweedleBOSSY and Nicole earned the name TweedleCLUELESS! :lmao: I was trying to tell her to do our Tweedle nose-pose and she was completely oblivious! She figured it out though, eventually, after I yelled at her. DO THIS!!!!!!

JUST DO THE POSE, TWEEDLECLUELESS!! I don't get it ... why was it difficult? Shouldn't you both have automatically done it in all pictures?

It was SNOWING! :lovestruc

So awesome!

We attempted a selfie, I think this was the 5th or 6th shot where we actually both ended up in the picture!

If there's one things I've learned in life, it's that selfies are hard!

Awesome picture ... but why no Tweedle pose?

At this point we still had not reached Epcot. I know a lot of people complain that this is boring, but I still enjoyed it!

In my limited (5K) experience, the backstage parts aren't as good as the in-park parts, but I think Disney does do a good job of keeping the backstage interesting. I think it would be cooler if the whole race was in-park, but I don't mind the backstage parts.

Had to pop back in really fast to show you guys a pic that Nicole sent me TODAY, from DHS! They are already at the park and she took this picture of the SPOT (where she face planted) on our mad dash to TSM! :rotfl2:

Here's the question: did she face plant again today or did she make it to the park without falling? Curious minds need to know...

Looks like a great time! The 10k looks basically the same to how it was set up when I ran it in January. Your costumes are fantastic. I need to think of one for myself for the 5k in January, I don't think id wear one for the half.

Well, there she is!!! I was wondering if we were going to get another update.......Great Job Karen!!! You should be so proud of those outfits as they came out so great! You guys are really cute together ---- all that Tweedle love and you are very welcome about pushing you to get an update in!! Yep, I'm a pusher!!! I was sorry to hear you were feeling down. I've had a touch of that myself and I just have to remember that "this too shall pass". I've been having to play nurse for Peter and it's getting to me. I mean I try soooo hard to make it easier for him and he still goes outside and pushes it! He actually mowed with the push mower the other day and I thought I was going to go all ape poop on him! But the steri-strips should be falling off soon and he should be getting a clean bill of health next week at the doctor's! That and the lack of any funds for fun (every extra cent is going towards the trip!) is getting to me big time! Anyways.....

Yep, I do love your picture with the White Rabbit but I can't wait to see your picture with the actual Tweedles! I cannot believe Nicole sent you a pic of the infamous "face plant place!" Too funny (well, not really, but yeah, it is!) Ok, so it's now tomorrow and you said you would update!!! It's 10:23am already!!! Where's the update??? I want to hear all about TweedleBossy almost knocked over the stilt-walker!!!!

Great update! Pretty funny that you remember the exact face plant spot. Those Disney runs looks like so much fun! One day I hope to do at least the 10K....probably walking but still...such awesome costumes you guys had too.

I don't think she'll ever forget that spot! :p I really adore Disney races, so much more than regular ones in my area (that are tiny and have nothing really fun about them). I hope you do a race, you won't regret it!!

I hoping posting the updates made you feel better!

It did! I'm feeling better, reliving the trip helps a great deal but I miss everyone so much! It's going to feel like forever until we are reunited in 2016!

I love this picture!

JUST DO THE POSE, TWEEDLECLUELESS!! I don't get it ... why was it difficult? Shouldn't you both have automatically done it in all pictures?

:rotfl2:

So awesome!

If there's one things I've learned in life, it's that selfies are hard!

They ARE hard. Every time I think I have them beat and get a good shot, I try to do it again and fail. Tweedleclueless is even worse at it than me! :laughing:

Awesome picture ... but why no Tweedle pose?

No clue, I think we were so excited to see the Rabbit, we totally forgot!

In my limited (5K) experience, the backstage parts aren't as good as the in-park parts, but I think Disney does do a good job of keeping the backstage interesting. I think it would be cooler if the whole race was in-park, but I don't mind the backstage parts.

I definitely LOVE the in-park parts but get why they can't fit ALL the run into those areas. It's such a departure from where I'm used to running (rural area) that I love the change of scenery either way.

Here's the question: did she face plant again today or did she make it to the park without falling? Curious minds need to know...

She did NOT face plant again! Well, at least she didn't say she did...and there's no way of knowing because I'm fairly certain if she did it again she wouldn't tell us! :lmao:

Looks like a great time! The 10k looks basically the same to how it was set up when I ran it in January. Your costumes are fantastic. I need to think of one for myself for the 5k in January, I don't think id wear one for the half.

I'm all about the costumes! I will wear one whenever I can get away with it! :laughing:

Well, there she is!!! I was wondering if we were going to get another update.......Great Job Karen!!! You should be so proud of those outfits as they came out so great! You guys are really cute together ---- all that Tweedle love and you are very welcome about pushing you to get an update in!! Yep, I'm a pusher!!! I was sorry to hear you were feeling down. I've had a touch of that myself and I just have to remember that "this too shall pass". I've been having to play nurse for Peter and it's getting to me. I mean I try soooo hard to make it easier for him and he still goes outside and pushes it! He actually mowed with the push mower the other day and I thought I was going to go all ape poop on him! But the steri-strips should be falling off soon and he should be getting a clean bill of health next week at the doctor's! That and the lack of any funds for fun (every extra cent is going towards the trip!) is getting to me big time! Anyways.....

Yep, I do love your picture with the White Rabbit but I can't wait to see your picture with the actual Tweedles! I cannot believe Nicole sent you a pic of the infamous "face plant place!" Too funny (well, not really, but yeah, it is!) Ok, so it's now tomorrow and you said you would update!!! It's 10:23am already!!! Where's the update??? I want to hear all about TweedleBossy almost knocked over the stilt-walker!!!!

Yep, I think it may be a middle age thing but I'm working through it! Some days are better than others. I hope Peter is back to 100% soon!

Sorry I missed the 2nd update yesterday, I'm swamped with work. I'm going to post it right after this! Gimmie 20 minutes or so to write it up!

So here we were about halfway into the 10K and really enjoying ourselves! We headed into a back stage area behind Epcot and I was so excited! We hadn't stopped for a picture in a while so we decided to stop at the stilt walkers, I don't think there were any people in line. As we ran up, I tripped on the stiltwalkers stilts and nearly took him down!!!!! :rotfl2:

The picture at first glance looks like I'm just excited, right? That is actually the face of shock that I was going to take down the stiltwalker! You can see Nicole grabbing my arm to stabilize me! :laughing:
GSC%20277.jpg

You can also see that his arm isn't all the way up like the other guy because he was trying to balance himself and keep from falling! :rotfl: I apologized (more like said "OMG, I thought I was going to knock you down!") and he said something along the lines of no, I wasn't going to...but it sure felt like it to me! That would have been VERY Tweedlelike of me.

We headed into Epcot and I think entered somewhere around Norway. The sun was just coming up and my phone had just completely died. It was so pretty! I was annoyed that I couldn't capture it in photos, naturally. They had all the torches lit and all the lights on.

GSC%20278.jpg

GSC%20279.jpg

GSC%20280.jpg

We really just took our time at this point, enjoying it all. I think I could have just walked the whole thing, taking pictures!

There was a water station near China and I saw a friend who was volunteering and Nicole had to get a selfie in China!

GSC%20282.jpg

GSC%20281.jpg

GSC%20284.jpg

GSC%20283.jpg

GSC%20285.jpg

Oh so much fun! I think this was my favorite race ever. No real stress of having to endure a long race (like a half) but all the fun of being in the parks, the other runners, the costumes, the lights...we just soaked it all up!

gsc%20290a.jpg

Could have sworn there was a picture of me trying to take a selfie here but no idea where it went. At this point we had not seen any photographers. I was a little worried because I had already pre paid for marathonphoto because it was discounted and I NEEDED running pics with my Tweedle! Well, not long after I wondered where they were, they were everywhere. We hammed it up for every single photographer we went past and it paid off! Ready for Tweedleoverload?!?!

GSC%20286.jpg

GSC%20287.jpg

Notice the SPAZZHANDS in all the shots. I think this became our signature Tweedle move.

GSC%20288.jpg

GSC%20289.jpg

GSC%20290.jpg

GSC%20292.jpg

GSC%20293.jpg

TweedleClueless was at work again...she didn't notice that she had directions to the PARTY in her pants in all these shots! :rotfl2:

over the bridge near France and out the International Entrance towards Boardwalk...
GSC%20293a.jpg

I've always wanted to run in this area but never have, so I really enjoyed it!
GSC%20294a.jpg

We saw the funniest sign of the weekend on the Boardwalk, I had to search the running FB boards for a pic of it after the race, I loved it so much.
GSC%20456.jpg

I can't fit all the photos, gonna have to make another post!

Around the Boardwalk my Tweedle was starting to have some more pain in her knee/IT Band. We tried to slow it down and take it easy.

GSC%20294.jpg

Ok, that was totally out of order and should have been before the Kanye poster...sure me. These were "blind" selfies, by the way. Her little camera didn't have a way for us to see ourselves, so we had to guess...like in the olden days! :laughing:

We went up and around a bridge near the Swolfin and down a little hill (I remember because going down the hills hurt my Tweedle so walk made sure to walk those) and towards Yatch Club/Beach Club. I swear we had a pic from that little bridge, but can't find it.

As we arrived at Yatch Club we hit mile 5! I have no idea where 4 was, we may have missed it when we were hamming up for the cameras in Epcot!
GSC%20294b.jpg

notice how Tweedle is holding her sign? At this point they were a mess. They were just paper glued onto straws (the paper/cardboard kind) and so all the sweat made them start to bleed and break. We pitched them right after this shot in the nearest trashcan.

Back towards Epcot we went! We ran by a crazyinsane line for Minnie Mouse and back through a backstage area into Epcot.

GSC%20295.jpg

There were more photographers in the last mile so we put on our Tweedle charm once again for the cameras! These are some of the best race photos I have ever had, I just adore them!

GSC%20299.jpg

GSC%20296.jpg

GSC%20297.jpg

GSC%20298.jpg

I don't remember a ton about that last mile other than just enjoying it and hamming it up for pictures. We hit the finish line and the SPAZZHANDS were out and ready!

GSC%20301.jpg

GSC%20302.jpg

GSC%20303.jpg

GSC%20299b.jpg

GSC%20300.jpg

GSC%20304.jpg

BEST. RACE. EVER. :lovestruc

It was so much fun! I wished that Nicole hadn't been in pain though. This was a huge departure from my previous Disney race (Princess Half 2014) because that race I was in pain the whole time and I wanted SO BAD to enjoy each and every second but the pain made it hard. This race was pure fun for me, the only thing that would have made it better would have been my Tweedle not in pain.

We headed right over to get her iced up!
GSC%20306a.jpg

GSC%20306b.jpg

Still all smiles even though she was in pain! We headed over for our finisher pics...
GSC%20305.jpg

GSC%20306.jpg

GSC%20307.jpg

We headed to the buses and back to clean up...we had a park to get to! 1 race completed, 1 race to go!

OMG, I just remembered something about Tweedle sitting on my lap on the way back during the bus ride but it's all fuzzy...Tweedle? Do you remember this? I think I was hungry and delirious. Or was that the half?!?!?

Final thoughts on the Enchanted 10K. This was an awesome race! I loved the length of it, not too short like a 5K but not so long like a half that you really have to struggle with the distance. There was tons to see and enjoy although I did notice that there were very few character stops, at least less than I thought there would be. It didn't really matter to us as we wouldn't have waited in any lines after the Rabbit, unless it had been Alice related. It was awesome running in the Epcot/Boardwalk area but the best thing about the race was running it with Nicole. I hadn't run a big race with anyone before and this really upped the enjoyment factor for me to run with a friend. So much so that it made me start questioning running the half alone the next day (more on that later!)

and what a great way to end this update by sharing that I get to see my Tweedle this September! No, we're not going to Disney together, but I'm headed up to Chicagoland for a brief concert trip and I'll be staying with my Tweedle for a night! I'm pretty excited!! :woohoo:

I loved the 10k distance as well. Running through epcot with the flames on and the music playing was my favorite part. You guys look like you had a fantastic time. During my 10k I only stopped for one character because I thought all of the rest of the lines were too long and it was also my first disney race. Think during my half I'll stop more. Can't wait to hear about your half experience!

I loved the 10k distance as well. Running through epcot with the flames on and the music playing was my favorite part. You guys look like you had a fantastic time. During my 10k I only stopped for one character because I thought all of the rest of the lines were too long and it was also my first disney race. Think during my half I'll stop more. Can't wait to hear about your half experience!

We had planned to stop more and as often as we wanted, but we just didn't feel the need with the characters that we saw. I find that I think I want to stop for them but once I get in the race I actually don't really want to. I enjoy SEEING them and snapping pics from a far, being entertained by seeing them, etc. but just don't feel it necessary to stop?

I can't wait to share my half experience, I'll give you a hint...it was freaking FANTASTIC! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter