• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(UPD 8/29) Tales of the Tweedles & Other Spazzjazzerit PHM '15 Cupcake Adventures

Love the Epcot pics!! I was gonna say that restaurant looked so empty how did you even get pics with no people in them?? But then you said it wasn't from this trip...makes sense :). The food looked awesome though!

Wow, an update and I didn't even realize. I was totally feeling TweedleGuilt for once again being a TweedleSlack and was going to try to shove a quick update in this morning, but I see I don't have to. TweedleBossy has it under control!!!

Bwhahaha-I juts giggled remembering standing in the wrong line. I am pretty sure we sent people away from that line too when they came over to ask if this was for Mary Poppins and we were like 'uh, no.. Alice' and they walked away. And didn't Alice make eye contact with us with our hats while we were in line and we were thinking 'she saw us, we are so cool!' and in reality she was thinking 'what are those two Tweedle idiots doing standing in the wrong line?' Total TweedleMove.

And I did so like that Grey Goose Slushy! I could have gone for 10 more!

And my food at Tangerine wasn't spicy at all- I think maybe I was making comments about how I was surprised it was that it wasn't spicy because I was expecting it to be. Mine was sooooo good & I WILL be eating there again. It was chicken something. I'm useful, I know!

German barmaid huh? I could go as my heritage... peaseant gypsy people from Lithuania and Hungary. I could run the race singing Cher's "Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves".

:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1I had no idea that you squeezed in a drink on Friday!

I need to eat in Morocco! I know it probably wont happen with W&D Trip...just because I can't wait to sample all the food booths again! Thinking ADRs will be few on this trip!

What a great costume idea...I wish I was as clever!

You got some great photos in Epcot. I agree that it is faster to get off and walk instead of taking the boat. I've never eaten in morocco looks good tho.

Fun updates!!! I'm just catching up now.

Dirndl - my SIL is Austrian. Her parents are from Germany, but she was born in Austria (and considers herself Austrian, like we would consider ourselves American, even if we had German parents) and she lives there with my BIL and their baby. They are having a new little one this summer, so we are going to visit! My daughter and I both have legit dirndls that we have worn out in public (in Austria, only) and I am SO excited to wear it again this summer! They are actually super comfy. My SIL dragged me to a store when i was there Nov 2013 and insisted we try them on "for fun". And I got hooked! She owns several and wears them to friends weddings, etc. More so at "home" which is Innsbruck, then in the city (Vienna) they live in.

I think it sounds like a great costume for W&D!

So enjoying the rest of the TR!

That's pretty cool that you got a picture with Alice. Too bad the white rabbit wasn't around!

We actually love Tangerine Cafe, but haven't eaten there in quite a while. It's one of the best "Free Dining QS" spots, because it's a little pricier than most, but I would eat there if I had to pay for it. Always list it when people claim "There's no good QS food in WDW". We were talking about having to do that one this upcoming trip.

I am 1/2 Austrian (my father was born there), but I don't own a pair of Lederhosen.

Yay for seeing Alice ... did she comment on your TweedleEars?

And yay for a cupcake reunion ... I'm glad Buffy, Edie, and Megan unfroze, because I didn't!

Not technically 4 parks in 1 day ... I'm guessing that means you didn't hit MK until after midnight? Maybe? Am I close to right? (Usually I'm not)

Love the Epcot pics!! I was gonna say that restaurant looked so empty how did you even get pics with no people in them?? But then you said it wasn't from this trip...makes sense :). The food looked awesome though!

Yep, there were quite a few more people this trip! AND, we weren't there right at 11am when WS opens! The food there is really amazing, I have eaten there every single trip I've taken to WDW!

Wow, an update and I didn't even realize. I was totally feeling TweedleGuilt for once again being a TweedleSlack and was going to try to shove a quick update in this morning, but I see I don't have to. TweedleBossy has it under control!!!

I GOT THIS! Well...the parts I remember! :rolleyes1

Bwhahaha-I juts giggled remembering standing in the wrong line. I am pretty sure we sent people away from that line too when they came over to ask if this was for Mary Poppins and we were like 'uh, no.. Alice' and they walked away. And didn't Alice make eye contact with us with our hats while we were in line and we were thinking 'she saw us, we are so cool!' and in reality she was thinking 'what are those two Tweedle idiots doing standing in the wrong line?' Total TweedleMove.

OMG, I had totally forgotten! We totally sent people away, telling them the line was for Alice! AND, I think Alice waved or something? She was probably wondering what the stooopid Tweedles were doing in the line for Mary Poppins! :rotfl2:

And I did so like that Grey Goose Slushy! I could have gone for 10 more!

Oh good! I was going to have to disown you if you didn't like it. ;)

And my food at Tangerine wasn't spicy at all- I think maybe I was making comments about how I was surprised it was that it wasn't spicy because I was expecting it to be. Mine was sooooo good & I WILL be eating there again. It was chicken something. I'm useful, I know!

German barmaid huh? I could go as my heritage... peaseant gypsy people from Lithuania and Hungary. I could run the race singing Cher's "Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves".

Perfect! :rotfl:

:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1I had no idea that you squeezed in a drink on Friday!

Well don't forget to add it to the count! You lushes are already WAY ahead of us! We might catch up on Sunday though, we drank a LOT a Jellyrolls!

I need to eat in Morocco! I know it probably wont happen with W&D Trip...just because I can't wait to sample all the food booths again! Thinking ADRs will be few on this trip!

What a great costume idea...I wish I was as clever!

but we'll be SOOOOO close to it! I'll drag you over there for a meal. You must try it!

You got some great photos in Epcot. I agree that it is faster to get off and walk instead of taking the boat. I've never eaten in morocco looks good tho.

and it's such a gorgeous walk!

Fun updates!!! I'm just catching up now.

Dirndl - my SIL is Austrian. Her parents are from Germany, but she was born in Austria (and considers herself Austrian, like we would consider ourselves American, even if we had German parents) and she lives there with my BIL and their baby. They are having a new little one this summer, so we are going to visit! My daughter and I both have legit dirndls that we have worn out in public (in Austria, only) and I am SO excited to wear it again this summer! They are actually super comfy. My SIL dragged me to a store when i was there Nov 2013 and insisted we try them on "for fun". And I got hooked! She owns several and wears them to friends weddings, etc. More so at "home" which is Innsbruck, then in the city (Vienna) they live in.

I think it sounds like a great costume for W&D!

Rey was looking on German sites, trying to convert the cost and get me a "real" one...but they are pricey!

So enjoying the rest of the TR!

Thanks!!

That's pretty cool that you got a picture with Alice. Too bad the white rabbit wasn't around!

We MAY have found the White Rabbit at some point on the trip! ;)

We actually love Tangerine Cafe, but haven't eaten there in quite a while. It's one of the best "Free Dining QS" spots, because it's a little pricier than most, but I would eat there if I had to pay for it. Always list it when people claim "There's no good QS food in WDW". We were talking about having to do that one this upcoming trip.

I am 1/2 Austrian (my father was born there), but I don't own a pair of Lederhosen.

Yep, I think it's the best CS in all of WDW! I'm smitten.

Yay for seeing Alice ... did she comment on your TweedleEars?

Yes, I believe she did...but EVERYONE did, so I don't remember. I was also stressing over the complete stranger holding my expensive camera, so I wasn't paying complete attention...just like a Tweedle! ::yes::

And yay for a cupcake reunion ... I'm glad Buffy, Edie, and Megan unfroze, because I didn't!

Not technically 4 parks in 1 day ... I'm guessing that means you didn't hit MK until after midnight? Maybe? Am I close to right? (Usually I'm not)

Such a great guess! But remember, we had a race in the morning...we were asleep before midnight! Stay tuned, I'll be doing another update in the morning.

I already know - and that's not it. (I won't be the spoiler though!)

How exactly do you have this privileged information?!?!? :scratchin Remember, we weren't will Tammie after this, so if you think we had the same outcome as her 4 parks 1 day, you are sorely mistaken! :lmao: Y'know, I love to keep everyone on their toes.
:laughing:

I'll be whipping out another update tomorrow morning that may or may not include the remainder of our 4 parks 1 day adventure! :thumbsup2

I'm hoping to get this 4 parks/1 day wrapped up, I've kept you in suspense too long! It may also have to do with Tammie catching up with me and passing me up on her TR! :laughing:

We were right by China and had just bid farewell to some of our Cupcake friends and continued on our mission.
GSC%20201.jpg

GSC%20202.jpg

ONWARD! Through the crowds Tweedles!
GSC%20199.jpg

GSC%20203.jpg

It was getting later in the day and we were on a mission! It's a good thing Tweedle & I are speedwalkers. TweedleConfused is a super speed walker, you'll hear more about that later as well! We arrived at our destination:
GSC%20204.jpg

and jumped in the single-rider line. I have no idea how long the wait was posted because I don't think the single rider line has a wait time. Either way, we figured this would be the only way in the afternoon to get this done and still get to MK. Single rider for EE is always so fast, so I figured we were in good shape...until we weren't. :eek: Wow, I think everyone thought doing single rider was a good idea! The line was long. I believe it took us 35 minutes. Am I right Tweedle?

apparently TweedleConfused isn't so confused as to where the camera is on TT:
EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_7197774199.jpeg

but TweedleBossy is pretty Confused as to where it is! :laughing:
EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_7197769732.jpeg

So, we got through our ride and booked it out of Epcot. More rushing. Didn't I say earlier in the day that we wouldn't have to rush more? We had a solid plan though and it required some rushing! I didn't have any time for pictures, we were on a mission...well, until we saw the photopass photographer! Then, naturally, we had oodles of time to ham it up.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7226076352_1.jpg

EPCOT_ECENTR3_7217262955.jpeg

EPCOT_ECENTR3_7197788272.jpeg

Now, if you are unawares, I just wanted to remind you that THIS is the signature Tweedle pose. How do I know? I asked the Tweedles personally on a 1 day trip we took to Magic Kingdom just two weeks prior to this trip! I explained to them that we were going to be Tweedles and asked them for photo tips...this is what they told me to do!

Showing me the moves...
Playlistlive%201114.jpg

Playlistlive%201118.jpg

Playlistlive%201124.jpg

We did a bang-up job with that pose, right??? :lmao:

Ok, so...onward! We are speedwalking out of Epcot at this point and we are CLIMBING the ramp as the monorail leaves. I think TweedleConfused was just slightly annoyed at this point that I was making her hustle with a bum leg. I distinctly remember her looking at me and saying "I'M NOT RUNNING." :rolleyes: Ok, ok, so I get a little carried away when I'm on a mission and in a time crunch! You may be asking yourself if it was late afternoon, why we were so worried about time and making it to one more park but we had a bigger plan in mind...and you'll just have to wait to see what it was. :scratchin

The monorail to TTC was nice, it was good to sit and rest a bit.

OHMG. So this won't be as funny to you because you didn't just waste 15 minutes of your life, but I just rambled on about a situation with the TTC and the ferry for 15 minutes here and then got SO confused when I went to pull the pics I took because they weren't there! Do you know why they weren't? Because the whole thing I just typed out was NOT on our 4 parks/1 day leg of the trip, it was two days later! DOH! :headache: Guess you have to wait to hear about that! :tongue:

Ok, so I believe (because now I don't trust myself) that we got off the Epcot monorail, walked down the ramp and then back up the MK monorail ramp. I think there was a bit more rushing as the monorail was going to leave again! TweedleConfused was going to kill me if I kept making her run for transportation in her condition! Safely on the monorail, we cruised into MK for our 4th park of the day!

GSC%20207.jpg

GSC%20208.jpg

Bag check for the 4th time and we did what Tweedles naturally do...we found a photopass photographer!

GSC%20210.jpg

We did it! 4 parks in 1 day! Yay Tweedles!!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7226059687_1.jpg

MK_MSCINEMA_7197826950.jpeg

MK_MSCINEMA_7197827688.jpeg

Now I have to leave you for a bit because it's time to petsit! I will come back and finish off this day in a couple hours when I get back! :thumbsup2

Ok, I'm back. No one even read my update yet anyway!

Where were we? Oh yes, arrived at park 4 of the day!!! party:

Now here is where I should probably tell you that the Tweedle plan THE ENTIRE TIME was to get back to EE. We were not going to let the day end without riding our favorite ride, so now you understand the rush to get to MK! Animal Kingdom was open until 7pm, and at this point I believe it was 5pm and we had just arrived at MK. We knew we were pushing our luck and this is why I believe all the 4 park/1 day rules flew out the window! I think at this point we were so determined to find a way back to EE, we forgot that we were supposed to ride 2 rides in each park and eat something??? (well, TweedleConfused would say that she didn't know about the eating rule, but she certainly knew about the 2 rides per park!) I don't remember thinking about that at all, we just discussed the ride that would be the fastest at a time like this in MK with no FP's to our disposal! Maybe we figured the photopass stop was a ride? :laughing:

Regardless, the choice was made before even arriving at MK that the best ride for the Tweedles would be the Teacups! Naturally!

We were pushed on time, but you can't pay me to go down Main Street without taking photos, no matter how rushed I am, so I snapped a few shots!! I can never get enough of balloon shots. I'm obsessed.

GSC%20211.jpg

GSC%20212.jpg

This is how I FELT at this point, I think!

GSC%20213.jpg

GSC%20214.jpg

Hello UGLY crane! I can edit you out, but I'm too lazy. I wondered if it would still be up two days later for the half.

GSC%20215.jpg

Always time for a selfie (ATTEMPT). I say attempt because we still hadn't seemed to figure out how to TweedleSelfie quite properly. :lmao:

GSC%20217.jpg

I believe this is supposed to be 4...for the 4th park or 4 parks/1 day!...but I didn't manage to get all 4 fingers in the selfie.

GSC%20216.jpg

As we headed to the teacups, I realized they had a whole Alice-themed decoration on the wall, so we had to stop a stranger and ask them to take our picture! (because we weren't in a hurry or anything!) :rolleyes1

GSC%20219.jpg

and then my Tweedle told me to take a picture of this...

GSC%20220.jpg

it might just be my favorite shot of the whole trip! :lmao:

The sun was setting and we arrived at the Teacups to find a sizable line (for the tea cups!) but it moves fast and we had no other choice! It had to be done!

GSC%20221.jpg

GSC%20222.jpg

GSC%20224.jpg

GSC%20223.jpg

We hopped on the teacups and I was so very thankful that my Tweedle isn't a spinner. I am NOT a spinner, so we let our cup go where it wanted and amused ourselves taking a million selfies as we spun! These crack me up...

GSC%20228.jpg

GSC%20225.jpg

GSC%20227.jpg

GSC%20226.jpg

After our ride and since we are horrible selfie-takers, we had to stop yet ANOTHER stranger and ask for another photo...because we didn't have enough.

GSC%20229.jpg

and then we high-tailed it out of Magic Kingdom! We both agreed this was the shortest and least eventful trip either of us had ever had to Magic Kingdom. I'm not sure we were even there for 45 minutes! :laughing: A note for those of you that want to do 4 parks-1 day in your future. It's a BLAST and I have done it twice now and really loved it, but it's not something you want to do if you want to get a lot of rides done. We felt like we barely rode anything all day! As you know, however, WDW isn't just about the rides, and it's really a fun day!

I don't recall the bus ride to AK at all. We were so focused and so determined, all we could think about was getting on EE and finishing off this day properly with our favorite! I have no photos of entering the park, just the moment when we arrived. Queue the angels singing music now...

GSC%20230.jpg

We could hear her running and the screams before we even rounded the corner. This was exiting! It was up and running! *Tweedle squeee*

the sun was setting on our mountain and the lights were on. *sigh* :lovestruc

GSC%20231.jpg

GSC%20232.jpg

GSC%20233.jpg

GSC%20234.jpg

Standby said 30 minutes and we were ready to wait! We were just hoping we wouldn't have a repeat of that morning and could end our 5 parks/1 day on a good note!

GSC%20235.jpg

GSC%20236.jpg

GSC%20237.jpg

Still lookin' good as we moved through the line...

GSC%20238.jpg

GSC%20240.jpg

THE MOMENT OF TRUTH...

GSC%20241.jpg

We made it!!! HAPPY TWEEDLES!!!

The sun setting was gorgeous, we thought we might even have time after this ride to go once again before the park closed!

GSC%20242.jpg

GSC%20243.jpg

Don't mind my awful cell phone pics, I just wanted to snap a few shots, so not the best quality...

It looks light b/c it overexposed the sky...
GSC%20244.jpg

but it really looked more like this...

GSC%20245.jpg

GSC%20246.jpg

The Tweedles were SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Animal_Kingdom_Park_7226084297.jpg

It took all day, but we got to ride our beloved EE!

When we got off, there wasn't a thought in our minds other than getting back in that queue! Off we went! (did I say no more running/rushing? I lied.)

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Animal_Kingdom_Park_7226085605.jpg

Riding at sunset was awesome, it got chilly, but we didn't care! Riding in the dark was even more fun! AGAIN! AGAIN!

Around we went, right back in line, which now was just a very quick line of people walking straight onto the ride. The park was getting ready to close and it was just a matter of getting through the queue.

RIDE THREE!!
PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Animal_Kingdom_Park_7226085711.jpg

It was now about 3 minutes to 7pm, I think. We didn't think we would get in another ride, but when we got off and RAN to the queue, they were still letting people in! Off we went! 4 rides for our 4 park day?!?! We got this!

FOUR! This is such an awesome picture, look at the guy in front of us! :lmao:

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Animal_Kingdom_Park_7226085815.jpg

Ahhhh, satisfaction. They had closed the line when we got off this time and the park was shutting down. It was 7pm and not only had we done 4 parks in 1 day, but we had gotten back and finished off our day with the best ride ever! What a perfect ending. Happy Tweedles strolled towards the front of the park. No more rushing for us!

GSC%20247.jpg

GSC%20248.jpg

I would have liked to take more time with photos (and my Tweedle told me to) but most of the shots I really wanted would have required a tripod or an amazing amount of time, so I was just happy to get some shots and enjoy the lights as we exited the park. AK is beautiful at night!

GSC%20249.jpg

GSC%20250.jpg

You know we stopped for one last thing, right? Naturally! Our day achieved! Tweedles win at life!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Animal_Kingdom_Park_7226084883_1.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Animal_Kingdom_Park_7226087155.jpg

What a day!!! It ended right where it began! :lovestruc

fhfgghs.jpg

GSC%20251.jpg

I have very little recollection of the remainder of the night! I think we headed back to AKL and ate quick service at Mara. Is that what we did Tweedle??? I think so. I have no photographic evidence, a clear sign that I was EXHAUSTED! No problem, we just had to wake up at 2am (or was it 2:30??) and run 6.2 miles. :eek:

There's no sleeping at WDW, the Tweedles agree on that, but we went about our evening, laid out our running outfits and set three alarms like good Tweedles...

GSC%20252.jpg

I was SO excited and normally this would spell disaster for sleep, but that day wore me out, so I think as soon as my head hit the pillow (around 10pm?) I was OUT! This was a good thing and I woke up a little before 2am before any of the alarms went off. Tweedle did as well. We don't need no stinkin' alarms! It may have been 2:30, not 2, I don't remember for this race...but really is there much of a difference? 2am? 2:30am? We were UP and ready for our first race!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Up next...the Tweedles take on the Enchanted 10K!!!

P.S.- I just found out there IS a photo limit on the posts still. It's 35. Had to split my update into two. :rolleyes1

What an AWESOME day!!!! I think it would be worth trying that if you have spent a lot of time in the parks and just to try for the experience...but definitely not for someone who has never been or wants to really remember everything in the parks. I know someone who did this once having never been...I thought they were insane...I don't think I'd have the stamina...especially before running a half!! You guys are incredible!!

What an AWESOME day!!!! I think it would be worth trying that if you have spent a lot of time in the parks and just to try for the experience...but definitely not for someone who has never been or wants to really remember everything in the parks. I know someone who did this once having never been...I thought they were insane...I don't think I'd have the stamina...especially before running a half!! You guys are incredible!!

Definitely not for the first-timer! I wouldn't have enjoyed it if I hadn't done ALL the parks multiple times before. But for someone that has ridden everything they love multiple times, it's really a lot of fun and makes for a full day that is full of FAVORITES! :thumbsup2

You did it! Looks like you has so much fun doing it to. Test track single rider always seems to be a bit longer than other single rider lines. Great poses with the tweedles. Some great photos in the MK. Glad you got to do EE finally and not just once or twice either. Can't wait to hear about the 10k!

I ADORE all the tea cup pictures!!!!! It is our favorite ride by far and we spin the heck outta our cup. Love, love, love those pics.....and the selfie where you're in focus and the background is a blur is awesome!

Ok--I about spit my coffee out from laughing at the king giving a tweedlespanking! Hilarious!!

Yay!!! EE finally!! (I have to tell you, autocorrect tried to change that to ER-appropriate for a tweedle TR?) again--I love all the AK pics at night. I love all the parks at night, but we always seem to leave AK before dark.

Yay! 4 parks in 1 day (does doing AK twice really count as 5? 4 parks, 1 day, 1 repeat?)

So excited that you made it on to EE! Finally! It took them long enough to get it up and running so that you could enjoy it!

I love the idea of 4 parks in 1 day ... but my only rule for when I eventually do it is my favorite ride in each park. I'll make an executive decision based on timing and lines whether I want to do more than one ride. There are people who try to do all of the rides in all 4 parks in one day ... that's pretty crazy-sounding, but apparently a few people have done it.

Wow that looks SO FUN!!! :) Glad you were able to make it back to AK and finish off Everest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter