• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Unrealistic expectations of Dreams Unlimited??

If you can't get multiple quotes and an answer in less then a day what is the point of even using a TA? I really don't get it.

If you can call Disney do the exact same amount of work and get the answer yourself I"m surprised the TA has any business at all.

We are all planners. We all know how to get the best deal and where to find discount codes etc. I think most people on here would not bother with a TA normally. But for those who do not have the time or inclination to keep up with discount codes etc then the TA can be great.

I use a Dreams Unlimited TA specifically for cruises (extra onboard credit). I always email her direct so her response is faster. But I do not bother with my normal Disney vacations. I think overall DU is great. But sometimes they have some issues by not having a direct phone number. People expect immediate answers these days.

I am long time, frequent visitor to WDW that recently decided to give Dreams Unlimited a try. I sent a detailed request for a quote at 1:00pm on Monday and didn't hear back until over 24 hours later. In addition, I had asked for prices on 3 different resorts, and/or suggestions for a different resort that would accommodate a family a 5. On Tuesday at noon, I phoned 1-407-WDISNEY and got the answers I wanted, (including suggestions) within 10 minutes. When I finally got a quote from Dreams Unlimited, I was quoted a price for one resort, (the most expensive off my possible list) that was the exact same as the price from the Disney cast member. Am I being unrealistice to think that I would hear back sooner, AND that I would have gotten a quote for more than one resort?

deno

Nope!

What you expected is what a REAL TA does. The problem is that most of the "Disney TAs" are part timers who do this in between their day jobs or taking care of the kids (AKA as 'a hobbby to pay my way to Disney' I have several friends doing it, I won't use any of them LOL!)

I only use TAs that have some type of 24/7 PHONE coverage. (No folks standing at the front desk at 7 PM and sending your TA an email is not going to work if there's an issue LOL!) If a TA won't give you phone numbers and doesn't have a night weekend cover service then it's more like "I want you to use me so I can make money to go to Disney" LOL!

I think it depends on the agent? I am a Disney travel agent with another agency, and if I get a request for a quote, I get them out to the client within 24 hours. It doesn't take me long, and I love doing it. I'm sorry you must have gotten a bad agent! I have a fulltime job and 2 kids, and I still get quotes out within 24 hours.

We are all planners. We all know how to get the best deal and where to find discount codes etc. I think most people on here would not bother with a TA normally. But for those who do not have the time or inclination to keep up with discount codes etc then the TA can be great.

I use a Dreams Unlimited TA specifically for cruises (extra onboard credit). I always email her direct so her response is faster. But I do not bother with my normal Disney vacations. I think overall DU is great. But sometimes they have some issues by not having a direct phone number. People expect immediate answers these days.

This.
Cruises-DU for the onboard credit. We booked our next cruise onboard our last one and got DCL's credit, telling them our DU agent's name at time of booking so she got credit and we got DU's onboard credit as well. I step on board with a $400 credit toward shipboard charges.

Other Disney trips-myself online or on the phone. No travel agent can help me any more than I can help myself. I don't need guidance on where to stay/ADRs/room types or anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter