Unrealistic expectations of Dreams Unlimited??

deno2

Mouseketeer
I am long time, frequent visitor to WDW that recently decided to give Dreams Unlimited a try. I sent a detailed request for a quote at 1:00pm on Monday and didn't hear back until over 24 hours later. In addition, I had asked for prices on 3 different resorts, and/or suggestions for a different resort that would accommodate a family a 5. On Tuesday at noon, I phoned 1-407-WDISNEY and got the answers I wanted, (including suggestions) within 10 minutes. When I finally got a quote from Dreams Unlimited, I was quoted a price for one resort, (the most expensive off my possible list) that was the exact same as the price from the Disney cast member. Am I being unrealistice to think that I would hear back sooner, AND that I would have gotten a quote for more than one resort?

deno

I've never used Dreams Unlimited, but don't think 24 hrs is unrealistic. Once you are assigned a specific TA, you could prob phone and discuss your specific needs.
At least that's been my experience with Disney Specific travel agencies.
Your quote should be the same with TA and direct with Wdw.

The advantage of booking with a TA specializing in WDW is that when discounts come out they will automatically apply it to your res. and you aren't on hold for an hour with Disney.

I am long time, frequent visitor to WDW that recently decided to give Dreams Unlimited a try. I sent a detailed request for a quote at 1:00pm on Monday and didn't hear back until over 24 hours later. In addition, I had asked for prices on 3 different resorts, and/or suggestions for a different resort that would accommodate a family a 5. On Tuesday at noon, I phoned 1-407-WDISNEY and got the answers I wanted, (including suggestions) within 10 minutes. When I finally got a quote from Dreams Unlimited, I was quoted a price for one resort, (the most expensive off my possible list) that was the exact same as the price from the Disney cast member. Am I being unrealistice to think that I would hear back sooner, AND that I would have gotten a quote for more than one resort?

deno

In regard to the quotes, Dreams Unlimited looks to see if there is availability at the resort you chose as your first selection. Since there was, that is the quote you received. If there hadn't of been, they would have moved to your second choice, and had the second showed with no availability they would have moved to the third. You have the option of selecting three resorts but the TA isn't going to give you quotes for all three.

As far as the time it took them to respond, it's an average wait time. I believe (but could be wrong) that when you request a quote the confirmation page states that they'll respond within 24 hours, but if DUT received a high number of quote submissions that 24 hour time is certainly going to be bumped back a bit.

I asked for Dreams Unlimited to send me a quote. I had my response by a Sunday evening. I was surprised that it came in so quickly. I didn't take the trip, but the initial information I received was adequate for my original inquiry. I also sent other information by email and received answers within 24 hours (a couple of times, within the hour).

Since I am a planner, I probably am not the best person to use a TA. I was clicking as fast as the agent and knew what the answers would probably be.

I think you've got to figure out exactly what you expect and then tell your agent. I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Yes, I do believe you had unrealistic expectations. Or simply a misunderstanding as to how their system works.

TAs that specialize in Disney aren't really going to have better *deals* than booking directly, but sometimes they have other things that make it more attractive to book through them. Don't expect the price you pay to be different, though.

DU's slow response time (and for me they actually never sent more than an auto-response) is what kept me from using them for a cruise. I have expectations for a TA that were set by a different TA, and I won't settle for anything less than that. I will do it on my own instead. (the previous TA wasn't offering anything beyond what I could get on my own so I didn't use them either)

As a Disney TA I do not think you had unrealistic expectations. Yes, the prices we quote are exactly what you would pay to Disney but in regards to response time and info provided, that would not be ok with me. For my clients I find I need at least 30 minutes on the phone from the get-go, especially if its their first visit. When I send prices I compare at least 3 resorts (if anything, for comparison sake), and a list of "add-ons" (ph, insurance, wp&m, preferred room location, etc). There are many TAs to choose from and I feel like the more information and personalized touches, the better. Maybe they are too big. Also, I feel that 24 hrs is a reasonable time frame...seriously, we all know how long it takes to price out a trip for a frequent visitor that knows exactly what they want...

deno

yes you were unrealistic to expect something back in under 24 hours. as for multiple resorts, they do start off with one and then when you get your assigned TA you start doing the nitty gritty.

I have nothing but good things to say about DU and once you get a TA assigned the 'personalized' experience begins and is quite extensive.

Yes, I think you are being unrealistic. I have used Dreams Unlimited many times, and have nothing but good things to say about them.

I have used Dreams Unlimited before and will not do so again. It would take my agent days or even weeks to get back to me. I have used other TAs at other agencies but was not impressed with the service at DU. I'm sure it depends on which TA you get, but I sure wouldn't test it again.

I have used Dreams Unlimited before and will not do so again. It would take my agent days or even weeks to get back to me. I have used other TAs at other agencies but was not impressed with the service at DU. I'm sure it depends on which TA you get, but I sure wouldn't test it again.

Weeks? They must have been out of town. Even so, they should have had another agent filling in for them. My agent gets back to me within 24 hours if it is something important. I sure as heck wouldn't want to wait weeks for them to help!:mad:

Weeks? They must have been out of town. Even so, they should have had another agent filling in for them. My agent gets back to me within 24 hours if it is something important. I sure as heck wouldn't want to wait weeks for them to help!:mad:

Yeah, it was like pulling teeth to get the agent to change days on one of the reservations. Took so long for the agent to get back to me that it was getting down to the wire and I even called Disney direct to see if there was any way to change it myself. Finally after two weeks got an answer from the agent. Never again...

Wow! I'm really surprised!

We have used DU 2x now and have had the GREATEST experience! Our TA, Stacey gets back to us VERY fast. Like within an hour or so fast!
When we first asked for a quote we were responded to in a matter of hours.

There have even been times when she has been on vacation and still returned an email....other times I will think of something on the weekend and tell her NOT to reply to me until Monday because it can wait (just don't want to forget) and she STILL gets back to me usually that same day.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience....but I can tell you that certainly hasn't been our experience at all.

Yeah, it was like pulling teeth to get the agent to change days on one of the reservations. Took so long for the agent to get back to me that it was getting down to the wire and I even called Disney direct to see if there was any way to change it myself. Finally after two weeks got an answer from the agent. Never again...

I had similar issues with DU. Normally, I take care of everything myself, and watch for discounts like a hawk. One of DU's selling points is that they will monitor the discounts and if you are qualified for one such as AP or Fla Res, they will work to have it applied - you can just sit back and relax. So while I was dealing with my mom having cancer and not able to monitor the Disney site daily, I thought it would be good to have someone working for me. I booked two trips through DU and on both of them, I saw where the discount had come available, emailed my DU agent, waited and waited as the room availability dwindled, and was so stressed out! One time, I didn't get an email back until the next day, and the email was to ask what I wanted her to do (duh, book with the discount) and the other time the agent even tried to argue with me and tell me I was wrong, that no discount had come out! So unless I can be guaranteed to have a different agent, I won't work with them again. It's a shame, because so many people have had good experiences with them too . . . .

At least you got a reply. I have requested cruise quotes it took 3 days the first time, and the second time I never got a response. It would take me 5 minutes to price out a cruise online and e-mail it to someone. The only reason I had considered using them was for the OBB.

The way I look at it, if the travel agent doesn't get back to me immediately then they lose a sale. Just like in Pretty Woman...."BIG MISTAKE....HUGE!!!"

When you are planning a trip, you want prices right then and there cause a day can make a big difference... ie. air fares, room discounts, etc.

If you can't get multiple quotes and an answer in less then a day what is the point of even using a TA? I really don't get it.

If you can call Disney do the exact same amount of work and get the answer yourself I"m surprised the TA has any business at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter