Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

It's October 19th and it's 85 degrees here and it's really pissing me off, frankly.
It's like that here too though mostly mid to upper 70s. Saturday (10/29) is supposed to be 78ish, Sunday (10/30) is a cool (in comparison to what it has been) down to 66. It's supposed to be 78/79 or thereabout for Halloween..and we're all like o_O

The down side to the warmer than normal temp is while there are plenty of trees that have changed colors many others will just lose their leaves without changing. On the one hand I'm liking the nicer weather on the other hand I've been trying to make chili for 3 weeks now and it's been too dang warm for that.

Good-bye sweetie.
16%2B-%2B1
I am sooooo sorry for your loss :sad1:. Gah I just get all teary-eyed even thinking about my cat Apollo. He's still young (3 1/2) but I don't ever want him to leave us.

Ugh of course the weekend comes and I feel like crap again. I've been pushing through all week and felt much better as the days went on. Today I feel like I'm back at square one. Sore throat, stuffy nose, and clogged ear :( I put off seeing a doctor because I'm sure they'all say it is viral but I'm really thinking I should go in at this point.

Thank you everyone. The boys have all informed me they want a dog, so we are going to try and get one soon. The house is too empty without a pet to love.
After we lost our Golden then Chihuahua within a year I decided we wouldn't get another pet for a while. We even took out scheduled trip to Disney a week after putting the Chihuahua down and it helped take our minds off of him. Then two weeks later I got a text at work from my wife of this:
IMG_1359.jpg

Thank you everyone. The boys have all informed me they want a dog, so we are going to try and get one soon. The house is too empty without a pet to love.
I wanted to say how sorry I am as well. I know my first reaction is to get another pet, but I know it's different for everyone.

So sorry about your loss. I hope that emptiness will be fill again soon.
When our girl's time comes, we will not be adding a new dog for maybe a year or so since we have plans to sell our house and leave in the city for an unknown time. When we found our dog at an adoption event...we were only planning just to look since we had a month before our house closing. We could not resist her puppy eyes and she felt so right in my arms. We wished that we crate train from the beginning (she loved to teethed on wood trim at was our brand new house) plus we wished that she had a pet buddy.
We have a cat outside that keeps hoping that we adopt her...she bangs on the doors and windows for attention and sometimes leaves "presents" at the front door. She's an adult cat was abused and abandon by her owners (they broke up then were foreclosed). I have a cat allergy that is getting worse so we can't adopt her ourselves---we just feed/water her until a no-kill solution is available.

Ugh of course the weekend comes and I feel like crap again. I've been pushing through all week and felt much better as the days went on. Today I feel like I'm back at square one. Sore throat, stuffy nose, and clogged ear :( I put off seeing a doctor because I'm sure they'all say it is viral but I'm really thinking I should go in at this point.
If you have these symptoms for a week and no relief from over the counter products...then its time for the doctor.
I get bad seasonal allergies so I try otc plus advil (some times a genetic form of Mucinex for congestion). Drink lots of water, soup, and get rest. The advil or another anti-inflammatory helps with the sinus pressure and ear stuffiness (big issue for me). I use Fisherman's Friend for sorethroat/cough relief ...original for me to reduce sugar amount.

If you have these symptoms for a week and no relief from over the counter products...then its time for the doctor.
I get bad seasonal allergies so I try otc plus advil (some times a genetic form of Mucinex for congestion). Drink lots of water, soup, and get rest. The advil or another anti-inflammatory helps with the sinus pressure and ear stuffiness (big issue for me). I use Fisherman's Friend for sorethroat/cough relief ...original for me to reduce sugar amount.

I get relief from OTC for everything except the ear congestion. I stopped taking the OTC because it had been 7 days and it came back in like full force. May go tomorrow when I hope the quick care place maybe less busy since everyone will be out partying.

Went back to the rescue. We were determined to find a good older dog for the children. *sigh* Of course life does not work out that way. So on the 14th we will be welcoming our new PUPPY! She is a Chihuahua and mini pincher mix. The moment she was in my arms I melted. I knew she was the one. I had a bit of anxiety when there was a line to hold her, but DH got our paper work in first and she is ours!!!!

I've kinda been MIA lately...life has been a bit crazy! But good crazy!

I moved to Orlando recently (11 days ago to be exact!) and have been getting settled into a new place, learning my way around a new city, etc. It's overwhelming at times, but so exciting! I've been over to Disney a few times...it's so odd to go for awhile and then come home to my dog. Ha. Or try to get things done at home so I can go over for awhile. I haven't started working yet, so it's nice to have a little freedom right now as I adjust to things here.

I did the Mickey's Holiday 5K at Animal Kingdom on Friday...love the runDisney events! I love being in the parks at sunrise and love going through backstage areas. So neat! Tonight is the big post race party at Epcot...so excited to get to be in Epcot until 1AM! And tomorrow night I'm going to the first MVMCP of the year!

Hope you are all doing great! :)

Went back to the rescue. We were determined to find a good older dog for the children. *sigh* Of course life does not work out that way. So on the 14th we will be welcoming our new PUPPY! She is a Chihuahua and mini pincher mix. The moment she was in my arms I melted. I knew she was the one. I had a bit of anxiety when there was a line to hold her, but DH got our paper work in first and she is ours!!!!
Congrats! I'm sure she will be the love of your lives. :)

Congrats on the new edition!

This afternoon we said our good-byes to our 14.5 year old lab girl Jessie. She had a rough week and this morning we agreed it was time. We had to go to another vet office than usual, but the staff there went beyond expectations like get our dog a pack of Reese Peanut butter cups after I told them that I wished that we had time to go it since we always promised her this candy on her death bed. She had mustered enough strength to smile at the 2 male staff that came outside to put her on a stretcher---she gave a big doggie smile. Jessie had a big part of lives and will be missed for a long time. It has been 4 hours, but we have only been home for under hour. The house is so quiet without her around.
Maybe later I post a picture of her later (current photo in avatar is not her, bil's family dog and her buddy).

This afternoon we said our good-byes to our 14.5 year old lab girl Jessie. She had a rough week and this morning we agreed it was time. We had to go to another vet office than usual, but the staff there went beyond expectations like get our dog a pack of Reese Peanut butter cups after I told them that I wished that we had time to go it since we always promised her this candy on her death bed. She had mustered enough strength to smile at the 2 male staff that came outside to put her on a stretcher---she gave a big doggie smile. Jessie had a big part of lives and will be missed for a long time. It has been 4 hours, but we have only been home for under hour. The house is so quiet without her around.
Maybe later I post a picture of her later (current photo in avatar is not her, bil's family dog and her buddy).
Sorry to hear that. It's never easy that is for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter