Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Sorry been crazy busy. My fiance's family is opening a restaurant this week so it is crazy around my house. Today I thought was going to be a great day, got up, put my contacts in (something I don't do a lot), and gasp even put on makeup. I was rocking until I sat down to an email form the place I bought my wedding dress. Basically they thought I missed my last appointment to pay for the dress and send it to be boxed for preservation since our wedding isn't for a little under a year. I was furious and now just freaking out. This is a big name company (cough they have a show on TLC cough) so I did not expect the issues I have had with them.
So sorry to hear, sounds like a huge ball of stress right before a stress-inducing time of year! Hope the restaurant opening goes well, and the wedding dress issues get straightened out quickly and easily!!

I've applied for a couple of jobs down here now. One is with Disney...one with a local resort. Will be applying for several more in the next week or so.

Would appreciate any good thoughts, prayers or pixie dust that any of you might want to send my way! :)

I've applied for a couple of jobs down here now. One is with Disney...one with a local resort. Will be applying for several more in the next week or so.

Would appreciate any good thoughts, prayers or pixie dust that any of you might want to send my way! :)
But of COURSE!!! pixiedust::wizard:

In interviews be sure to smile, smile like there may be something wrong with you. The only things they write down on those clip boards is how often you were smiling and making eye contact.

So I suppose abject jealousy would be inappropriate? :)

In interviews be sure to smile, smile like there may be something wrong with you. The only things they write down on those clip boards is how often you were smiling and making eye contact.
Haha...excellent advice!

:dog2: Superme80-- I hope the puppy is doing great. I can't image doing puppy training right now. We hope to rescue another dog (maybe 2) in a couple of years since we plan to move and don't want a young pup in an apartment. The vet office that we took our dog last week was a few minutes away from the apartment that we had when we adopted her (we were a under month away from our house closing and was just looking to see wht dogs were available). We are going to avoid pet adoption fairs for now. I can't wait to spend time with our "fur niece and nephew" next month...well the human ones too.

Bamacmac- pixiedust: Show confidence and that would get you far. I'm nervous about going back to work somewhere soon now that we have more flexibility. We have 1 car so that kind of limits the job selections with his schedule which changes soon.

Wilkeliza-- I bought my wedding dress 6 months before our event and worked out regularly then. I wished that I had a different style since the spanx and the tuille slip thing underneath to poof it out some was too hot for July. I was happy when changing to a summer friendly getaway dress.

:dog2: Superme80-- I hope the puppy is doing great. I can't image doing puppy training right now. We hope to rescue another dog (maybe 2) in a couple of years since we plan to move and don't want a young pup in an apartment. The vet office that we took our dog last week was a few minutes away from the apartment that we had when we adopted her (we were a under month away from our house closing and was just looking to see wht dogs were available). We are going to avoid pet adoption fairs for now. I can't wait to spend time with our "fur niece and nephew" next month...well the human ones too.
She is doing great. Potty training still going on, but she seems to understand the concept better than my boys ever did....:lmao: She has decided I am her favorite. If I go somewhere she cries and pouts. Once I am back, she is in my arms and will not let me go. :love:

Good thoughts on the job front!!! I will also be one of those ones that is jealous...LOL!!!

It has been a long week. A full week of work after being off for 2 weeks is ROUGH!!! After walking almost 90 miles in two weeks at WDW my feet are still trying to recover.

I found out during my trip that my new pair of sneakers (Mizuno Wave Prophecy 5) is not the same as the Prophecy 4's. I think I am going to be on the hunt for new sneakers. I have been a big fan of Mizuno since my foot surgery and now if they are going to keep going in this route I will definitely be on the lookout for a new brand.

It has been a long week. A full week of work after being off for 2 weeks is ROUGH!!! After walking almost 90 miles in two weeks at WDW my feet are still trying to recover.

I found out during my trip that my new pair of sneakers (Mizuno Wave Prophecy 5) is not the same as the Prophecy 4's. I think I am going to be on the hunt for new sneakers. I have been a big fan of Mizuno since my foot surgery and now if they are going to keep going in this route I will definitely be on the lookout for a new brand.
I have discovered that my habit of buying the cheapest pair of sneakers (or other pair of shoes) I can find is no longer an option. :) Hits my wallet harder, but they last a lot longer and I'm not hurting from bad support....

I have discovered that my habit of buying the cheapest pair of sneakers (or other pair of shoes) I can find is no longer an option. :) Hits my wallet harder, but they last a lot longer and I'm not hurting from bad support....

Unfortunately, Mizuno's are not cheap...This last pair that I bought for my trip was $200. I have abused my feet for years with dancing (tap, ballet, pointe, and jazz) and I am paying for it now, but the new redesign of the Prophecy is not something that will work for me.

Well it truly is winter in Scotland! It's absolutely freezing outside and I've got my winter whooleys on to keep me warm. Think I'll have a large cappuccino using my Nesspresso machine tonight to warm me up. What's everyone up to this weekend?

Well it truly is winter in Scotland! It's absolutely freezing outside and I've got my winter whooleys on to keep me warm. Think I'll have a large cappuccino using my Nesspresso machine tonight to warm me up. What's everyone up to this weekend?
Scotland :love: would love to visit there some day.

Well winter came for us as well (we've had excellent warmer than normal weather this fall aside from a few random cold days). It was mid-70s yesterday and low 70s the day before (unseasonably warm for us) and then a cold snap happened in the early morning hours. It's now 39 and feels like 35 (at 11:30am) with wind gusts up to 22 mph (yesterday it was wind gusts of up to 45 mph). It's supposed to be a high in the mid-40s today and high 40s tomorrow. My body hates these drastic temperature changes.

It's supposed to be in the 50s and low 60s next week though.

When my husband and I honeymooned in Scotland (far too long ago), we seriously thought about moving there (strangely, finding a job for me wouldn't have been an issue in my specialty). Two things stopped us. The at the time six-month quarantine of our pets - I didn't think they'd be able to deal with it - and the potential heating bill in the winter! :)

Home remodeling is on the menu for the weekend. Hopefully catching Fantastic Beasts.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We had some unintentional excitement. My oldest broke our toilet, so my husband was going to replace it on Friday. Of course on Thursday our 3 year old cuts his hand on it. So off to the ER he goes and got 3 stitches in his hand. He has been using it as a pick up line with older girls he meets. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter