• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal Character Site: UPDATED MARCH 2016 PG 7

I believe so. Ive seen him doing a show with others near ET. I think he was available for pictures and autographs also.

Anyone have a current list of characters at the 2 parks? We go in a month and I wanted to make them autograph books for our trip. Do most characters sign, or are they just photo ops?

I was at both parks last Wednesday. These are all the characters I walked by:

At Universal I saw Homer / Marge, Shrek / Fiona / Donkey, MiB, Scooby Doo / Shaggy, Woody Woodpecker / Curious George, Squidward, the blues brothers driving around in their car, and a minion in the dance party area after the ride. There was also the three girls, gru and vector from Despciable Me but I am not sure if they did pictures and autographs. They were part of some dance show thing that came out on the street.

At adventure island I saw captain america, wolverine, storm, rogue, spiderman, popeye / olive.

I saw people getting autographs from the superheroes and Shaggy. I am guessing most of them will do autographs if you ask as a lot of kids were running around with disney autograph books.

I was at both parks last Wednesday. These are all the characters I walked by:

At Universal I saw Homer / Marge, Shrek / Fiona / Donkey, MiB, Scooby Doo / Shaggy, Woody Woodpecker / Curious George, Squidward, the blues brothers driving around in their car, and a minion in the dance party area after the ride. There was also the three girls, gru and vector from Despciable Me but I am not sure if they did pictures and autographs. They were part of some dance show thing that came out on the street.

At adventure island I saw captain america, wolverine, storm, rogue, spiderman, popeye / olive.

I saw people getting autographs from the superheroes and Shaggy. I am guessing most of them will do autographs if you ask as a lot of kids were running around with disney autograph books.

Are there any more characters that sign autographs?

My daughter loves Barney and Dora. Are those guys always out or is it just a lucky guess as to if you will see them or not?

We were there last week and saw the most characters in SuessLand after the story time - Cat in the Hat, Thing 1, Thing 2, The Lorax, The Grinch.

We also saw the Simpsons - Homer, Marge, Sideshow Bob, Woody Woodpeacker, Megatron and SpongeBob

Can anyone update with the current characters and where they are typically found? Taking the family in a couple of weeks for the first time! Can't wait!

The Simpsons I know for sure are in Springfield and they can also be found near the Brown Derby during the day.
Shaggy and Scooby as well as Betty Boop and Maralin Monroe are also near the Brown Derby.
Dora, Hop can be found near the Monster Makeup show at certain times of the day.
Woody and Winnie are out near Brown Derby also.
The Blues Brothers are near the Mummy at certain times of the day.
Gru, the Minions and some of the other characters are both near the Makeup show, and infront of DMMM, at certain times of the day.
Those are the ones I know for sure and have seen in the very recent past. I cant swear to any others, including Bettlejuice and the cast since they changed the show around, or other characters that have been in the parks.

We saw the Men in Black just inside the front gates of Studios one day.
Curious George was near the big shop in studios.
Lucille Ball was in front of her shop with Marilyn Monroe.

Woody Woodpecker & his wife? were in the big, open square in the beginning of IoA.

Here is the list of characters whom we had the opportunity to meet on our trip in early May of this year:

· Bumblebee

· Megatron

· Optimus Prime

· Thing 1

· Thing 2

· Cat in the Hat

· Sam I Am

· The Grinch

· Betty Boop

· Marilyn Monroe

· Popeye

· Doc from Back to the Future

· Shrek

· Donkey

· Scooby

· Shaggy

· Spongebob Squarepants

· Minions (two different ones)

· Homer Simpson

· Bart Simpson

· Lisa Simpson

· Marge Simpson

· Krusty the Clown

· Sideshow Bob

· Spiderman

· Captain America

· Cyclops

· Wolverine

· Green Goblin

· Storm

· Rogue

· Hogwarts Express Conductor

· Knight Bus Conductor

We also saw the Hop characters and the Dora the Explorer characters out for meet and greets at various times, but took a pass on those.

Has anyone caught Velma, Fred, and Daphne? I've seen photos of them pop up recently, but whenever I go it's only Shaggy & Scooby.

Here is the list of characters whom we had the opportunity to meet on our trip in early May of this year:

· Betty Boop

· Popeye

Did you see Betty & Popeye at US or IoA? We've been to US several times in the last couple of months and haven't seen them, though I saw them a couple years ago.

Last edited:
Did you see Betty & Popeye at US or IoA? We've been to US several times in the last couple of months and haven't seen them, though I saw them a couple years ago.

Betty Boop and Popeye were both at Universal Studios, in Hollywood.

We also saw Betty Boop in Toon Lagoon at IOA, but since we had already met her at US, we didn't bother to stop to see her again.

· Bumblebee
· Megatron
· Optimus Prime
· Spiderman
· Captain America
· Cyclops
· Wolverine
· Green Goblin
· Storm
· Rogue
· Hogwarts Express Conductor
· Knight Bus Conductor

Do the characters speak? I know my kids would love to meet the transformers, the Marvel characters and the conductors. Just wondering if they speak or are they silent? Do the Marvel characters give autographs as well or only photo ops? Is there a scheduled time they are out or a special place to be or are they out randomly walking around?

Do the characters speak? I know my kids would love to meet the transformers, the Marvel characters and the conductors. Just wondering if they speak or are they silent? Do the Marvel characters give autographs as well or only photo ops? Is there a scheduled time they are out or a special place to be or are they out randomly walking around?

· Bumblebee, Megatron, and Optimus Prime all spoke, but it was more like a recorded dialogue versus a personal one (and one of them, I think, was only music....no speech)

· Spiderman, Captain America, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Rogue and Green Goblin -- all speaking characters (and some great conversation with each!...with the exception of the Green Goblin, who was running around causing trouble)

· Hogwarts Express Conductor & Knight Bus Conductor ... both speaking characters (and the Shrunken Head in the Knight Bus also spoke to guests)

The Marvel characters could all give autographs (their hands were not impeded in any way). They have scheduled times that they are out, and the times are noted on the park map. Its awesome to be there a few moments before they are scheduled to arrive, as they do so with quite a bit of dramatic flare: they all roar in on all-terrain vehicles (and leave the same way when the meet-and-greet sessions are over). Very fun!

Spiderman has a dedicated meet-and-greet area in his store across the street from the ride. That's where you can get the magic photos taken (the background is a plain green screen, but the photo comes out as a Marvel magazine cover).

The Transformers are also scheduled at various times during the day (one out at each time). You can ask any of the TM's in that area and they can tell you when each of the three will be greeting guests.

I am also interested in the answer to this. Especially for the Marvel characters.

The Marvel characters were at scheduled times, but some were also random. We saw Dr. Doom and the Green Goblin walking around during the non-scheduled times.

Spiderman can be visited virtually all day in his store across the street from the ride.

yes, the group will show up after the show for pictures with the guests.
or that has been the case for when i have gone to that show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter