um...CROWD pictures?

The thing that gets me is to look at the pics from July and those from the holidays. It was miserable enough with the crowds in December - I can't even fathom being so hot and sweaty at the same time. At least for NYE the weather was nice - even a bit cool in the evenings - so we weren't horribly uncomfortable (or having to smell all the people so close to us! :crazy2: ). I think I'd take NYE over July 4 any day!

trying spring break...march 18 thru 22 this time...

last yr was August 13-22

2005 was Sept 28-Oct 4

Aug was more crowded than Sept but I have a feeling I ain't seen nothin' yet!!!! :scared1:

however it has been hotter than a pigs snout the times we went (but we don't mind heat actually...) and this time I am looking forward to 80.

MGM May 15th, 2006
4-15-06003.jpg

MK May 17th 2006
morning
4-17-06026.jpg

when we were leaving around 6:30
4-17-06291.jpg

Some of these pics are scary !!! I gotta say though, I was really worried about the post-christmas crowds and it really wasn't that bad. Thank you TGM :)

I disagree. If memory serves, Dec. 28th last year was absolutely horrible. The line to get into the parking lot at AK reached the McDonalds by the value resorts. So we went to MGM which had to be close to capacity. Went over to Epcot and threw the towel. Before Christmas, the crowds were manageable. After Christmas the crowds were suffocating.

I disagree. If memory serves, Dec. 28th last year was absolutely horrible. The line to get into the parking lot at AK reached the McDonalds by the value resorts. So we went to MGM which had to be close to capacity. Went over to Epcot and threw the towel. Before Christmas, the crowds were manageable. After Christmas the crowds were suffocating.

Do you mean 2005 or 2006 ?
We were in MK on Dec 28 2006 and it was fine. Got a little crazy after the afternoon parade, but otherwise it was OK. MGM was crowded that night but still nothing scary.
I guess we were just lucky :)

I have no crowd pics and the last time I was in WDW was in June 2001, I think the most crowded place was MK, but it wasn't too bad. I think a lot of the crowd photos were from park opening entrance when the mob of people are let in and I think there were a few parade ones there. The Fastpass line one was just ridiculous though and am too :lmao: with the pic of the lady!

But then again I haven't gone in awhile, but June is one of their peak times when all the kids are out of school etc, etc. I hope it's not too crowded when I go 4/15-4/21 (post easter) though :confused: . Although a lot of the East Coast/New England area seem to have their Spring Breaks that week and Grad night starts the last day we're there that Friday. Here's to wishing for YOAMD fast passes. :goodvibes

Oh my, these Christmas week pics look really bad! No FP available and stand by lines of 120 minutes :scared1:

These may pictures are more pleasant than the ones I saw before :goodvibes

Remember, it's all about perspective. We go every year at Easter where many of you would absolutely hate it because it is crowded. However, because the parks open early and stay open late, the crowds are spread out. We arrive when the parks open and it's not bad until late morning/early afternoon and we have seen almost everything by then.

However! We have been bitten by showing up later (slept in) and it was crazy. BUT, the weather is beautiful this time of year.

I cant remember the exact day, but this was Christmas week 2006

100_2306.jpg

Those times don't really look that bad, for the Christmas season at least. I would have expected E:E to have a longer line! The times look like that in the summer.

Some of these photos have been taken at a not really crowded time of the year, but are in a situation that would make crowds any time of the year. Like in front of the turnstiles right before opening of a park will look crowded at any time.

It really just depends on what part of a park you are in, you could take a photo of a part of MK on NYE and it wouldn't look crowded. As for the BTMRR FastPass line photo, the ride could have just come back up and they started back allowing people to get in line again. That really wasn't a crowded time of year.

To demonstrate here are 2 pics from mid-morning in mid-July:

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2990.jpg

OMG. I'm about to have a panic attack after seing the May 5th photo. We're going to be at Disney April 26th - May 6th - and if it looks like THAT at the parks we'll just be staying at the resort pool the whole week. My kids and I have mild crowd phobia, and I'm literally trembling from looking at that photo and imagining being there.

Perhaps this trip IS a bad idea. Ugh.

We are going April 29 to May 5 and this picture scares me!! I too have mild crowd phobia also. Lets hope for less people this year!!

Anybody got any crowd pics from President's Week and the week before please? - we go this time next year and apparently it is really packed. Can anyone help:confused3

I'm really starting to doubt our June trip. We were spoiled when we went Dec 9-13, 2006. We were actually getting off RnR and ToT and getting right back on. Continously. The wait was about 5 minutes. Space Mtn was the same and we rode EE about 5 or 6 times by 2pm. The weird thing is, we got FPs for Soarin at 11:15am, with a return time of 5:15pm! That was a Saturday, though.

I'm planning on getting there early, breaking, and staying out late. But not too late.

I love these Crowd Photos...Great idea for a thread. I hope they keep coming. For all the postings related to the end of April. Don't worry too much. We went April 22-30 2005. It was an awesome trip. Not too bad at all.

For all the photos surrounding July 4th and Christmas. I think I decided we will never take a trip during a major hoilday. Even tho we have a June Trip(6/8-6/16) coming up. Is there a DISer chant to the crowd gods;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter