um...CROWD pictures?

You want to know whats scary. the park attendance forecast the the Studios for tomorrow is 38K and christmas its 43K. a normal is 16K-18K.

Okay those pics from the 22nd would make me ill if I were there right now. Note to self...say no to CHristmas week.

Thanks for the reminder not to go during the real busy times.This past Spetember we entered the MK a little after 10 for emh. The crowds were still there for Wishes due to a rain delay. DH started walking through the sea of people. I panicked when I thought he was going to attempt to get closer to the castle- there was no room and Im clausterphobic. He cut across and went by the CP where the crowd was less.
On our first Disney trip before I found the Dis, I was amazed at the crowds for Wishes. When I see all the people walking out of the park I thoguth I was going to have a bad panic attack. I just concentrated on following my DH pushing the stroller and I made it out of the park. The next time we saw Wishes that week, I made DH watch it near the railroad. I was not getting caught in the crowd again.

TDC Nala, We go March 1-15 2008. Please tell me your picture was not a good example of the crowds that time of year. I was under the understanding that the first 2 weeks of March were generally slow. Anyone else have any early March experience?

Alan

Yep. I visited WDW in March of 2006, mainly to see a couple of Braves spring training games; but I also visited three of the parks while I was there. The parks were crowded, but using a plan I was able to have a great time, with one exception. I made the mistake of going to Epcot for an Extra Magic Hours evening. The place was a madhouse.

So, I would advise you to avoid the evening EMH parks, and you should be fine.

Enjoy.

Knox and Karnak, Thanks, I see by the calendar that the park hours expand the second week. We've been there many times and I do know my way around, so we should be alright. My wife's not a fast ride person, so either I ride alone or we skip them, so that cuts the wait times way down. So much for Birnbaum's Guide and the statement that the 3rd week in March starts the busy times.

I'm sure it will not be anyway near as crowded as this week, My brother in law and his wife and 3 kids will be there the day after Xmas till Saturday....they'll be sorry I'm sure.:scared:

Alan

**xposted on another thread**

i ventured into all four parks today (don't ask) and took some pics. Here's some from MK:
crowds1.jpg

crowds2.jpg

crowds3.jpg

and one when I was at the Studios to visit some friends.
crowds4.jpg

TDC Nala, We go March 1-15 2008. Please tell me your picture was not a good example of the crowds that time of year. I was under the understanding that the first 2 weeks of March were generally slow. Anyone else have any early March experience?

Alan

I took that photo and some others because I wasn't expecting that kind of crowd level at the beginning of March, seeing as Easter was in April this year. (Keep in mind the photo was taken at midafternoon at MK on a Saturday).
Next year, with Easter being March 23, I'd expect it to be worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter