Ugh - Marathon help!

I have heard stories of charity folks not knowing anything about their entries until check in at the resort. You may not know your bib number until late in the game. As long as they have your entry, you are good.

What's the benefit of finding out your bib number early? Don't think I've done that for any other races.

What's the benefit of finding out your bib number early? Don't think I've done that for any other races.

It's a perennial right that the Mouse bestows on his runners stemming from the days when the race programs were snail mailed in October. The mailing label was the race waiver and on it, your race number was included. Since going electronic, the Mouse has let us know about a month pre-race what our race numbers are. For all practical purposes, letting folks know what they bib numbers are is only a couple week longer than the TnT races. And, like you said, much earlier than most local races since the numbers are not known until the expo for most races.

The day waiver links are opened, the boards will be abuzz with guesses of corral placement (not released until the expo) and whether it is important to bring proof of time, etc. It's fun to read, but makes the last month crazy at runDisney as they are forced to field numerous questions. I think the RD would be better served to not release waivers as early. Just my 2 cents..

Oh, even as I write this, I have checked the waiver link area daily for the last week, just in case. ;)

The day waiver links are opened, the boards will be abuzz with guesses of corral placement (not released until the expo) and whether it is important to bring proof of time, etc. It's fun to read, but makes the last month crazy at runDisney as they are forced to field numerous questions. I think the RD would be better served to not release waivers as early. Just my 2 cents..

Oh, even as I write this, I have checked the waiver link area daily for the last week, just in case. ;)

Ahh...corral placement. Contemplating as I type whether that may affect my race. My issues in the past have been getting to the race and/or corral early enough so that I could line up in a good spot at the start.

Received the RunDisney email a couple days ago with some pre-Marathon info so Disney has me listed as signed up.

Thanks for the information!

It's a perennial right that the Mouse bestows on his runners stemming from the days when the race programs were snail mailed in October. The mailing label was the race waiver and on it, your race number was included. Since going electronic, the Mouse has let us know about a month pre-race what our race numbers are. For all practical purposes, letting folks know what they bib numbers are is only a couple week longer than the TnT races. And, like you said, much earlier than most local races since the numbers are not known until the expo for most races.

Coach,

When we did ToT, they released corral placement when they released the waivers/bib numbers (or maybe a day later). Any chance they will do the same for the big race this year?

jimandami said:
Coach,

When we did ToT, they released corral placement when they released the waivers/bib numbers (or maybe a day later). Any chance they will do the same for the big race this year?

I was wondering about that too...I think they did the same for the Wine & Dine too this year.

Coach,

There is no reason to not release the wave/corral - other than the fact have never never done it before. For most all marathons, except the 2012, it was not too hard to figure out the approximate carrel. In 2012 the Goofy and Relay bibs were not sequential with the half or full and that made guessing a little harder.

What I would really like to see is a RnR style start where they launch 1000 runners at a time... making it easy to know what your corral should be and keeps the course a little less crowded in the early miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter