Ugh - Marathon help!

Cruz91

Always at Disney in my mind...
So I procrastinated way too long and both the half and full are sold out. Do I have any other options to get in the race? I don't know if some groups/places have a travel package I may be able to do that includes admission to a race... Crap! Please help!

Go to runDisney's website. There are a list of tour operators and charities who you can contact to see if openings still exist/

I checked the sponsors, all appear to be sold out. What happened this year? I didn't sign up last year till November or December?!?!

I think the 20th anniversary for the full kicked registrations into overdrive - as I read these boards I can see that there seem to be a number of people (me included) who are trying a full for the first time with the inducement of anniversary medal.

They actually filled closer to the normal time this year.

I am not a proponent of bending race rules but the remaining alternative would be through Mr Craig or Ms Bay

Love your ciruitive routing, cewait... I think maybe no need. I did find a travel partner with availability. Just have to book 3 nights with them at a rate slightly higher than what I'd pay with my AP discount, but they're not killing me too bad on the markup of the full marathon entry. :-)

You could still get in through the Runners World Challenge. Granted, it's pricey, starting at $450, but includes a bunch of stuff besides a spot In the race - Pasta in the Park ticket, entrance to the runners retreat, private packet pick-up (whatever that is), training plans, a book and t-shirt, etc. I'm thinking about doing it, depending on how finances look in mid-November...

twalton said:
You could still get in through the Runners World Challenge. Granted, it's pricey, starting at $450, but includes a bunch of stuff besides a spot In the race - Pasta in the Park ticket, entrance to the runners retreat, private packet pick-up (whatever that is), training plans, a book and t-shirt, etc. I'm thinking about doing it, depending on how finances look in mid-November...

Wow that's seriously awesome! I'm more scared by the 26.2 than the price tag! Thanks for the info!

princessallegra said:
Wow that's seriously awesome! I'm more scared by the 26.2 than the price tag! Thanks for the info!

I've heard via twitter that the Runners World challenge is sold out as well.

Is Marathon Tours out too? That's who my friend used.

I just checked their website and they are indeed sold out. Both the full and the half are sold out as of October 11th. The Goofy was sold out as of September 20th.

I missed out on signing up for the marathon via MarathonTours by a few hours. If anyone finds any other sign up opportunities- I'd love to hear about them! (Looked into charity options, but not a big fundraiser and it's a big chunk of $$'s). Still training like I'm going to run... Thanks!

I know of one travel company that has still spots for the 1/2 marathon. One of the agents is a WISHer.

Won't pass the DIS filter,so PM me if you want the name.

Maura

I know of one travel company that has still spots for the 1/2 marathon. One of the agents is a WISHer.

Won't pass the DIS filter,so PM me if you want the name.

Maura

Thanks Maura! It's marathon or bust for me. MarathonTours is still saying the "may" get some additional entries.

Marathon Tours is the one I ended up going through. Guess I made it in just under the wire. I hope everyone who wants in can find a way! Happy training! Today is 15 miles for me... It's raining and horribly windy, though, so looks like I'm on the mill for a long time this morning!

Marathon Tours is the one I ended up going through. Guess I made it in just under the wire. I hope everyone who wants in can find a way! Happy training! Today is 15 miles for me... It's raining and horribly windy, though, so looks like I'm on the mill for a long time this morning!

Arrghh! You're the one who got my spot! jk.

Hope you had a good 15 miler! Still crossing my fingers for an entry. Running 14 miles tomorrow on hope!

Just out of curiosity, how much did Marathon Tours end up charging? More than the minimum fundraising requirement of a charity? I am guessing that they made you buy a package that included the room, etc.? I just ask because I wonder if they are a lot more affordable for the WDW Marathon as opposed to the London Marathon where it is incredibly pricey to participate in a race that your only option is a tour package with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter