Uggg tell me Im not going to regret this!

It's mind-boggling how many posters suggested to OP to completely disregard her husband and CHILDREN'S preference of staying at the Cars suite at AoA and instead stay at Poly. Everyone is suggesting for OP to be selfish and not care what the rest of her family wants. Just wow. As much I LOVE Disney, my family comes first. I go with my family to Disney, I don't go to Disney and bring my family along...

Yikes. Well, here's the thing. If you can only afford Poly this one time and may not get another chance to stay at such an amazing resort, than stay there. If you will have the chance to stay at Poly again, why not go for AoA. Its a cool resort with great theming. I just think that Poly is a resort that you may only get to try once or twice in a lifetime, at least for many people these days. Its proximity to MK and amenities can not be beat. It has the biggest rooms on Disney property (another way to convince your DH and children if needed). But, since trips should be a family decision, I would say stick with AoA and definitely do Poly again soon.

Thank you for all of your input! I know it's important to make them happy! And I am totally for that! That's why I'm gonna bite the bullet and suck it up! I know the poly will be there the next time. It's not my only chance at staying there. We are still a young family so the kids do really get a kick out of the big objects and theming of the values. I am really excited to see the new resort! I guess I just wanted to hear that others have enjoyed it! Ill will just enjoy my annual ohana dinner to get a mini poly fix and then plan on booking the next trip at the poly !! At least I'm at disney with my boys and DH!

We absolutely LOVED our stay at AoA in a Cars suite! We were unexpectedly upgraded from the LM room to a Cars Suite. It was myself, DH, DD (5) and my Mother on this past trip and we had a fabulous time at AoA!! Yes, the food court was a little hectic at times, but the resort itself was amazing. We, the adults, loved the resort so much we couldn't get enough of it! We did a split stay with 4 nights there and 3 nights at AKL and we truly enjoyed our time at AoA! The theme is wonderful, the pools are fabulous, and the suites are such a great size with all the accommodations we needed! While I know the Poly is an amazing resort (one I have yet to stay at, but have visited) I enjoyed out time at AoA. Have you thought of doing a split stay or maybe ending the trip with a night or two at Poly?! If you do choose AoA, you will LOVE it, too! :)

It's mind-boggling how many posters suggested to OP to completely disregard her husband and CHILDREN'S preference of staying at the Cars suite at AoA and instead stay at Poly. Everyone is suggesting for OP to be selfish and not care what the rest of her family wants. Just wow. As much I LOVE Disney, my family comes first. I go with my family to Disney, I don't go to Disney and bring my family along...

Well, while I think the cars suite will be way cool and lots of fun, I do have to say that when you're going by what family members THINK they want, when they haven't seen the hotel, it's hard to always take what they say as absolute. I know that with my son, sometimes he's got some tiny obscure thing in his head that turns out to be entirely wrong, but that little thing is what is causing him to want X instead of Y. So if I say "do you want to stay at All Star Sports or Port Orleans, he might (and this could happen with him) think that Sports will make him play football and expect him to be good at it. So he'll choose PO. NOt because of the pool or the grounds or the rooms or anything, but because he doesn't play football, and thinks he'll be made to play it at All Star.

I've learned to be cautious and ask a billion questions, to see if can I spot the bit of twisted info or skewed thinking that's behind a decision.

Hubby and children are going off of an advertisement and off of pictures on the website. That makes it hard to know what they would TRULY want and what they will ultimately end up loving.

For me, I'd do the split stay option.

Well, aren't you just a big ray of sunshine...:rolleyes2

FWIW, my daughter hated AsMu last year. She wanted to know where the pool slide was, why there were no benches to sit on while waiting for the bus, why our room had no ceiling fan. Next trip, she has requested BC. And she is 8.

That said, I would suck it up and suffer through. If you would rather stay at the Poly, you are probably going to be disappointed with AoA, in my opinion. As long as you go into the trip knowing it, I think you will have a much better time:thumbsup2

Well, aren't you just a big ray of sunshine...:rolleyes2

FWIW, my daughter hated AsMu last year. She wanted to know where the pool slide was, why there were no benches to sit on while waiting for the bus, why our room had no ceiling fan. Next trip, she has requested BC. And she is 8.

That said, I would suck it up and suffer through. If you would rather stay at the Poly, you are probably going to be disappointed with AoA, in my opinion. As long as you go into the trip knowing it, I think you will have a much better time:thumbsup2

Your 8yr old is in Disney and complaining about benches at the bus stop and ceiling fans? Most kids her age haven't even been to Disney!

OP, we are staying in SSR a week and then initially YC for 3 days. My 11yr old daughter saw one commercial for AoA and begged too. We gave up YC and SAB for a Cars Suite. She is so excited and my 3yr old who doesn't know about the trip yet will love it even more. I see it like this. They are only young once and Poly will always be there. There may be a time your kids don't want an icon-themed hotel like AoA. Get excited with them and enjoy this trip and let them know what a fun hotel THEY picked. It will be magical for them and you will appreciate the 2 bathrooms, separate room and mini kitchen.

Also, I have stayed at Poly. Location is nice, rooms are big but pool is crowded and the ambience that might appeal to you will be boring to the boys. It is something for you to look forward to

Have fun!

So I had decided that this upcoming trip we would stay at the Poly. DH had agreed everyone was excited! Then Disney channel showed a commercial about AoA. When he saw the car suites he had me pull up some info about AoA and he was sucked in along with our two boys. Now they are sold and I would hate to disappoint them. ( My DH is so great when it comes to my Disney obsession he agrees to a yearly trip buys my Disney type stuff anytime he sees anything I might like ect) I feel since I always pick the resort and details ect I can throw him a bone. the only thing is I had my heart set on the Poly :(. Tell Me AoA is going to be awesome! Tell me Im going to be happy with my choice?!?!?

I do understand...my favorite Disney trip so far has been our stay at the Poly. Almost tried CR this time around or AKL...BUT, the kids' obsession with pirates won out (and they don't even know we're going yet). I upgraded us last year to BC instead of a pirate room at CBR so DS6 was still talking about wanting to stay in a pirate room. I figure they will soon be too old to want a pirate room and we'll need/want more space too, so CBR it is this year and the next time we go, back to deluxe! :-)

It helped that we were able to add 2 more nights to the original reservation for the same price since we changed from deluxe to moderate...in the long run, that's what's making me stick to the CBR. :-)

Like a previous poster said try to do a split stay if you are staying long enough. I had the same thing happen to me and I ended up doing a split stay. We enjoyed our stay at both resorts. AoA is fun! The kids enjoyed it so much.

LOL, I'm actually suprised nobody recommended she leave the family at home and take a solo trip and stay at the Poly.

In my house family vacations are 'family' vacations, everyone gets an opinion and I don't just drag them along with whatever I want to do for EVERY vacation.

Thank you for all of your input! I know it's important to make them happy! And I am totally for that! That's why I'm gonna bite the bullet and suck it up! I know the poly will be there the next time. It's not my only chance at staying there. We are still a young family so the kids do really get a kick out of the big objects and theming of the values. I am really excited to see the new resort! I guess I just wanted to hear that others have enjoyed it! Ill will just enjoy my annual ohana dinner to get a mini poly fix and then plan on booking the next trip at the poly !! At least I'm at disney with my boys and DH!

Stayed at Poly and honestly more excited about our POR stay this year! We would have stayed at AoA but with free dining, POR was cheaper, with the ages of your kids they will LOVE the details of AoA..and not to sound preachy, but you better throw all your regret out the door..there is nothing more dampering than the shallow arguing bw parents on the quality of a stay...both mom and dad need to be overjoyed to be on a trip together...time is too short to be concerned about issues like these...go and have a blast!

And this kind of attitude will most certainly guarantee you wll have one of the best family vacations ever! :thumbsup2

Well, while I think the cars suite will be way cool and lots of fun, I do have to say that when you're going by what family members THINK they want, when they haven't seen the hotel, it's hard to always take what they say as absolute. I know that with my son, sometimes he's got some tiny obscure thing in his head that turns out to be entirely wrong, but that little thing is what is causing him to want X instead of Y. So if I say "do you want to stay at All Star Sports or Port Orleans, he might (and this could happen with him) think that Sports will make him play football and expect him to be good at it. So he'll choose PO. NOt because of the pool or the grounds or the rooms or anything, but because he doesn't play football, and thinks he'll be made to play it at All Star.

I've learned to be cautious and ask a billion questions, to see if can I spot the bit of twisted info or skewed thinking that's behind a decision.

Hubby and children are going off of an advertisement and off of pictures on the website. That makes it hard to know what they would TRULY want and what they will ultimately end up loving.

For me, I'd do the split stay option.

This! I thought the pics made AOA look like an option for us in the future. I love both LM and cars and the pricing on the suites are good. After being there I wouldn't stay there(we didn't sleep there I just thought it looked so great that I wanted to check it out). Not worth the price IMO, but It probably depends when you go. We checked it out a couple of weeks ago and it was loud, crowded and not at all what it appeared to look like in photos. It is also something you won't know until you go in person though and experience it and since you do go every year and something the kids really want, I guess I would try it.

Do you honestly believe that her husband would choose to stay at AoA instead of the Poly, if there weren't other factors involved? The volcano pool, Monorail stop, Magic Kingdom view, electric water parade, sand beach area, shorter bus waits, relaxing tropical atmosphere, larger rooms and on and on and on. The only other factor that I can imagine for her husband to prefer some place else, would be financial, which is perfectly understandable.

If you get to return to WDW every year and you can visit Poly next year, I wouldn't get too upset about doing what they want this year. We went with AoA because we're a family of 5 but also because my son (5) LOVES the Cars movies. He had such a fantastic time there and loved coming home to 'Mater every night. My husband and I really enjoyed having our own room and more importantly the extra bathroom especially since we have two teenage girls. It's really a fantastic resort... sure not as laid back and fauxotic as the Poly but quite fun in its own way.

Do you honestly believe that her husband would choose to stay at AoA instead of the Poly, if there weren't other factors involved? The volcano pool, Monorail stop, Magic Kingdom view, electric water parade, sand beach area, shorter bus waits, relaxing tropical atmosphere, larger rooms and on and on and on. The only other factor that I can imagine for her husband to prefer some place else, would be financial, which is perfectly understandable.

Actually my husband couldn't tell you how much any of our disney trips cost. He has no idea that the poly is more than AoA. He is probably assuming AoA is more because of the size. When it comes to disney my husband takes the approach " happy wife happy life". He just leaves it up to me to pick it all. We actually have been to both resorts. He knows the theming of both. He knows all about the monorail vs bussing situation. He just thinks that the cars suite looking like alot of fun!( he owns a body shop so cars are his passion). Last year we went over to check out the new resort and of course the kids were hooked! At the end of the day I realize my little boys won't be little forever so I'd rather let them enjoy the AoA before they grow out of it. Plus my oldest son is a great artist. he wants to work for Pixar one day and I heard about the daily animator that is in the lobby so how can I not stay there now!

Another vote for a split stay! We did it with BLT and AKL Jambo. Loved having two different experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter