Uggg tell me Im not going to regret this!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by julluvsdisney, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Suzanne74

Suzanne74 DIS Veteran

Perfect! If you go often I think a split stay is too much. Poly will be there next time. Have fun :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. glaserjm

glaserjm DIS Veteran

You won't regret it at all...you'll be in Disney!! :cool1:

Since you go to an annual O'hana dinner anyway, I would suggest spending a little extra time exploring the Poly (show them the volcano pool, the beach, etc.) to get them excited for next year's trip!

I haven't stayed at AoA, but have visited on several occassions and it is a beautifully themed resorts for youngsters...I think they'll love it!

4. Bob NC

Bob NC DIS Veteran<br><font color="red">I am a trained pr

I can imagine it. I can stay anywhere I want and I have chosen CSR over the Poly.

I have stayed at Poly 4 or 5 times, but, now I prefer WL.

I honestly believe people can make a decision on where they want to stay without price being a factor, I have.

I got tired of the Poly lobby always being a train wreck with people crowded around everywhere. I got tired of people bouncing off the walls, playing catch, yelling in the interior hallways at the Poly. I got tired of sharing buses at the Poly, every bus was full by the time it got to us and even if we were full we still had to stop at the GF.

It's not always the money.

5. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

I adore that word!

Ah well that's new info! And good info. I was going off of what sounded like only having seen ads.

6. stargazertechie

stargazertechie Toy Story Midway Maniac

I don't agree with the "once you've gone deluxe you can't go back"

We've done deluxe stays at SSR, AKL (x2) WL and BC.

Interspersed were stays at ASMU, POP and POFQ. Our next stay will most likely be at CBR or ASSp.

Different trips for us have different hotel priorities

7. melanell

melanell Earning My Ears

I think that anytime a family visits the same location yearly there is certainly room for allowing everyone to try things they are really interested in doing.

I think it would be really unfair to never let anyone else have a say in what resorts to stay at. WDW has so many resorts, that you could actually make a fun family goal of trying out as many different ones as possible in the future years. Or you could alternate, going to POP or POR one year, and letting the family choose a new resort the next, and so on. :)

You don't have to give up Poly. You're just postponing it until next year. :)

8. TwistGrl101

TwistGrl101 DIS Veteran

I agree with a PP who said its not all about the money, but rather the needs for that particular trip. I have 4 kids under 8, so right now my needs are to be either on the monorail line or in the Epcot resort area. When my oldest is out of a stroller, we will probably stay either off property or somewhere cheaper than one of the deluxes.

9. julluvsdisney

julluvsdisney "A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're f

I think some may have misunderstood what I was trying to say in this thread. I wasn't really debating wether or not I should book what my hubby wants. It was never really a question. I just wanted to hear that others haven't regretted booking AoA. Plus I know when I go to book the poly the following year there will be no question cause he picked last time haha

10. hookedonears

hookedonears Louisianan

Sounds like a couple of low information voters to me. We have some friends who have the ability to stay when and where they want to, anytime they want to. There 2 daughters who happen to be young at the time saw a pro-mo for one of the POP resorts when it first opened. They were planning there first trip to Disney as a family and their daughters begged them to stay there. They thought it looked cool. There trip was for a week, though after the first night, they were absolutely miserable. They said they couldn't get out of there fast enough, though endured it for the remainder of the trip. Unfortunately, most of the time in life, you get what you pay for and resorts at Disney are no exception.

11. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

The AoA suites are very different from a Pop standard room. Having a separate room for the parents is a huge benefit that even a deluxe doesn't give you. The AoA suites are bigger than all of the deluxe rooms. Space is nice.

12. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

I think the OP gets that you really like the Polynesian. However, she was asking for others' opinions on Art of Animation and if they enjoyed their stay. She's decided on Art of Animation based on what she's heard so far and she's looking forward to it.

13. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

This happened to me when I voiced concern about an ADR my husband asked for, only b/c it just had a very public bad review.. The thread ended up making me look like I was a horrible person b/c I was concerned & I wasn't even planning on canceling the ADR

There seems to be alot if that going in lately.. Instead of answering a question you get judged..

Glad you made your decision while I love the Poly I think you made a good decision!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

14. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

I can think of a reason why a husband might want the AoA - the private bedroom with a lock on the door. :littleangel:

15. tinkerbella16

tinkerbella16 DIS Veteran

Another vote for AoA! If my husband and kids were really excited about it, I'd bite the bullet and make them happy without even thinking about it! You may save money doing that too! AoA has one of the best food courts on property and the biggest pool! The cars section of the resort looks amazing.

16. Suzanne74

Suzanne74 DIS Veteran

Yes - I agree with you!

17. Suzanne74

Suzanne74 DIS Veteran

Lol :)

18. julluvsdisney

julluvsdisney "A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're f

Exactly this! Just wanted opinions from others that have been! We were able to visit the resort and the kids were in love! I thought the resort was awesome looking! So I am excited! Am I little disappointed to not go to the poly ? Sure! But making my family happy and making disney memories with them is what it's all about! It's nice to hear from the people that have been and enjoyed it! The poly will be there next time!

19. mom2dina

mom2dina Mouseketeer

You did the right Thing! You will have Fun! and Next year you will go to Poly!

:banana:

20. Kimi313

Kimi313 DIS Veteran

Guilty of reading just the 1st and last page of this thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned so if it has I apologize. Pete and the gang did a review of AoA with his last 7 resorts in 7 days here on DISunplugged and they absolutely LOVED it! You definitely need to watch it! We have not stayed there yet but we definitely will. Also I want to share this story, when DD was younger we stayed at the Deluxes because of the convenience, the fist time we stayed at ASMo she absolutely loved it and asked 'why haven't we ever stayed here before'. All the resorts are different and they all have something wonderful to offer, IMHO. Have a great time!:goodvibes