U 2 hot to walk, run, get surprised?

It is a beautiful resort. We walk down the stairs to Sanaa.

The greater, Joe, at Jambo had been the one to tell us to inquire at the desk about reservations vs. call ahead. He also suggested we request a window seat. So, Dh jokingly said to the CM's at the desk that Joe sent us & told us to ask for a window seat. The three female cm's didn't even crack a smile. And informed us, they did not know Joe. DH & I were smiling. I even said he's joking. Not so much as a smirk. Oh, ok. Well doesn't one of them come to our table. Yup, our waitress. :rolleyes: She may not have been perky & bubbly, but she was fairly efficient. And gave us a great suggestion for which breads & spreads to order. That was about the end of the great food. I am not saying it isn't worth going to. I am saying we are not fans of African foods. My chicken was okay. DH got a duet plate. He enjoys spicy food, but his chicken was very hot, even for him. After the fact the waitress made a comment about needing more water. Which she had mentioned that before he ordered it. Neither of us can remember the name of what we ordered. DD got the....chicken nuggets. Which you will see as the TR goes on, is a theme this trip for her. :confused3
We did get our window seat and this was our view:

And sure enough the rains started suddenly and hard. Then this was our view:

This gave us a view of the animals scuttling to find shelter. It was amazing actually. I would suggest if you think it is something you would like to try, you should. It was very expensive. We got the bread with spread as appetizers, the entrees, water and DH got a beer. The total was around $84.

Next up... our room. We reserved a standard view because the cost of dvc points for a savanna view was so much more than the standard we decided to take our chances. I had read the great majority of the Jambo studio rooms have a nice view with animals.

So, did we get a room with a view? Next up. :)

I am here!!! Now I need to go back and read!

D~

I am loving the start of your TR and all the surprises for DD - she looks so surprised and HAPPY!!! I hope she had an AMAZING birthday - which I am sure she did!!

I cannot wait to hear about the rest of your day and your trip! :)

D~

Well I had happen at 3 am what usually happens to you :rotfl: I had a post all written out and then 'poof' it disappeared when I hit submit :laughing: then I ran in to a time crunch getting ready for work and when I tried again I guess it was that time of morning when the Dis is down for maintenance so I will try again

Those silly CMs at Sanaa did they not get Marks' humor ? Are they too young or was there a cultural difference not understanding the " Joe sent me?? " or maybe they were just a bunch of cranky pants Next time go into Kissimmee to Capones Dinner Show they will welcome Mark with open arms ;) ( and the food is damn delicious too !)

Now the food...$84.00 :scared1: and a stinky bus too :faint: for shame !!!
at least you got to see the animals :woohoo:

popcorn:: okay I have fastened my seatbelt & I am ready for the rest of this ride which I KNOW is

A W E S O M E !!! ;)

When we went back to our hotel's checkin desk our room was ready. We were told we had a lovely room. hmmm.... she said room, not view. DH took the map and off we went. We turned the corner, walked a decent length, turned right to the elevator. Took the elevator to the 5th floor. walked down the hall, down, down, down. Took a left, walked down about 5 rooms and there was our room. As we walked down each hall we saw many beautiful views with animals about. So, when we walked into our room I walked directly to the window/balcony. I found a smaller somewhat circular grassy/dirt area. with NO animals. Not one. :sad1: I was disappointed, but I had to admit the room was very nice. A little dark for my taste. It seemed a little smaller than the BWV studio but I guess we would have to "settle". DH called down to see when our luggage would come to the room. He was told it would be up immediately. And it was. While he was there DH thought to ask him if there are ever any animals in view. He looked and said, oh yes. This is actually a great view. You have a view of Kidani Village as well as part of Jambo. And there are feeding buckets and a water hole. I was happy, but honestly skeptical. If there were animals at every other window we passed by in the hall ways, why weren't there any out our window? Well, off we went to enjoy the park.

Now, the entire time we had been traveling and eating and settling in our older "kids" had been texting us. Putting the plan in works.

They had arrived without incident. Well, almost without incident.
My mom used to say... every family has one. You know what I mean. One of two things:
1) the mischevious child that always keeps you on your toes. But, is also the joy of your memories.
2) the one person in your family who is the one who's meal is always messed up when ordering take out. Ticket gets messed up. Name gets dropped mysteriously from reservations.

Well, for our family there are two. Me, and DS#2. Every time. It is sincerely comical. for years it was just me. Then it was if universe realized he turned 18, so included him in this elite club. Every time we would go to Red Robin, he would get a hair in his sandwich. BK his french fries would be missing.
This trip was no exception. His luggage got damaged. His brand new only been used once hardsided suitcase.
To be cont....

Oh I am trying NOT to laugh...it really isn't funny about the luggage...but in my family it was always ME...usually a simple thing like a fork with a bent tine ( I think that's the right word :confused3 ) yep that would happen so often it was a standard family joke Reading all this I can't imagine you didn't at least have a great view ....I mean I HOPE so

Oh i just KNOW you have wonderful view! the pixi Dist is flowing...

well with the exception of the busted luggage! :scared1: and YOU of all people with your luggage addiction! :lmao:

Just found your trip report. Looking forward to hearing how the Birthday Dinner Surprise worked out!

Oh I am trying NOT to laugh...it really isn't funny about the luggage...but in my family it was always ME...usually a simple thing like a fork with a bent tine ( I think that's the right word :confused3 ) yep that would happen so often it was a standard family joke Reading all this I can't imagine you didn't at least have a great view ....I mean I HOPE so

Hey no laughing at our misfortune....atleast not without us... :rotfl: I'm telling you we go to any fastfood restaurant, he or I can order the simplest thing, and THAT is what will get screwed up. He orders his burgers plain. as in nothing but the burger. Tell me how can that get messed up. But it does, all the time. :rotfl:
BoG... it was me. But, I will get to that later.

Oh i just KNOW you have wonderful view! the pixi Dist is flowing...

well with the exception of the busted luggage! :scared1: and YOU of all people with your luggage addiction! :lmao:

I know ME with my luggage addiction. Although, at least it wasn't me, or I would still probably be down there yelling at someone. lol not really, I would just use it to have to buy more luggage. :rotfl2:
He is going to write to Jetblue and ME because we dont' know who is responsible.

Just found your trip report. Looking forward to hearing how the Birthday Dinner Surprise worked out!

WELCOME!! Thanks for joining. There are plenty of surprises this trip. Hold on.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

wait, did I say YAY?

I am so excited. I totally missed this the other day but I am in now!

Were did I leave off? Oh yes, we were headed to the parks. Well, as a family it just doesn't seem like a Disney vacation unless you start at.....
the .....

MAGIC KINGDOM!!

We get into the van and head to MK. We take advantage of disability parking. Although I am feeling surprisingly well after having spent much of the day traveling, we are worried by the end of this busy day I will be paying the price. So, we park grab the back pack and wheel chair and head toward the gates. DD has a vascular issue with her legs. Usually it is in cold weather, but they had begun to bother her before leaving. Well, since I need to push the wheelchair, it is best there is counter weight in it anyway, so she sits. We get through security fine. Then we wait at the turnstiles. Since we have the old paper tickets we need a supervisor to approve them. That was a very very simple process. The supervisor was right close by, looked at our tix. scanned them into her little tablet and suggested we swap them for the plastic cards at City Hall. So, looks like City Hall is the first stop. There are a few characters signing autographs, but to my surprise DD isn't interested. :eek: Hoping she is not out of that stage....mainly because I am NOT, I walk slowly to City Hall. Nope no requests to get autographs. We patiently wait for our turn. The girl is very nice. Not only takes care of the ticket swap, but issues me my GAC. Usually I don't use it, but there are a few attractions where my sensory issue is affected by flashing lights, or echoing sounds that I prefer to skip if I can. At this time she asked us how many in our party. I very promptly tell her 7. To which DD says "7???" to which my quick thinking responds, "oh, can you only use them for this trip? Oh, we only need 3 then". Then as DH distracts DD I hold up 7 fingers. The girl understands but says, "just so you know we can only issue them for 6 now". At this point I am just happy I didn't blow the surprise and am content with a GAC that includes 6. MOst of the time there is 1 or 2 that don't want to go on a ride anyway. This WILL become an issue later, but at the moment I am thrilled the surprise is still in tact. As we discuss whether or not we have time to do the activity of hunting the villians (forget what it is called), DH is texting to see where the older kids are. We are getting in line at the fire house to get DD her new card for future playing. They respond in text that they are..... in front of TONYS!!! WHAATT??? right across the street from us?? We decide we most definately don't have time to do the villian hunting. Off we go. We head to Fantasyland to speak to the check in desk for a minute. DH takes DD toward Little Mermaid ride, while I ask if our reservation can get changed from 6 to 7. I am ready to tell the entire story, and start to when the manager tells me that is no problem. Tables are for 8 anyway. :banana::woohoo::yay: I am feeling the pixie dust!! So, DH, myself & DD head to the Little Mermaid ride.

Not much of a wait. About 20 minutes. I love that they have made most rides w/c accessible now. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I felt it was not right to cut through just because we have a wheelchair. Also, I would feel subconcious walking at times & sitting at times if the sitting was during the line, and walking not. I would over hear other guests sarcastic, "yeah, she really NEEDS that chair". I hated that. Now, I noticed I don't hear that as much. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't refuse, but I knew in my heart it was not fair. Many times if possible I would leave the chair out, and stand in line. The problem being, if I need it at exit, it is out side, which can be dangerous for me falling. So, I truly am happy the playing field has leveled out a little. :)
Some of the new GAC rules are ridiculous, truly. But as far as the lines go, I like the idea that the chairs go through the regular line.
So, on with the day.

After the ride it is almost exactly time to check in for our 9:10 reservation.

Again, I go up to the desk and DH distracts DD. This time there is no manager there. We have heard from the older kids that they are in a hiding place in Fantasyland. I begin our story. Something to the effect of "I know generally the entire party must be present to be seated at the same time. And we are all present. It is just that 4 of us are hiding from DD in order to walk in after we are seated so as to surprise her for her birthday. She doesn't know they have flown down here to be here for her birthday dinner. Would be possible to sit the 3 of us, then lead in the other 4 to our table?" The woman stares at me as if I was speaking a foreign language. Which I find ironic as the gentleman beside me is, and they seem to understand him perfectly. She asks if all of the party is here. I reply yes, right, just not in sight, so as to hide & surprise their sister. To which she tells me the entire party is suppose to be present. I glance at DD & DH. Good still distracted. I point to the pillar that these 4 adult children are tyring to hide behind. Looking rather ridiculous. :laughing: I tell her that is the remainder of our party. She informs me a manager will have to come down and handle this. To which I am certain my face said.... REALLY? This couldn't be discussed over the walkie talkie thingies. Okay, that's okay. THEY are doing ME the favor. I wait. Meanwhile the 4 spies sneak across to me to see what the heck is taking so long. I show them I have my pager, but am waiting for a manager to approve us to be seated a few seconds apart. The very sneaky like run over behind the pillar again. I am truly giggling at what good sports these "kids" are being. I wait. We wait. DH text me to ask what is taking so long DD is getting restless and wants me. Her leg hurts. I wait. By this point I have moved out of the way so they woman can wait on other guests. Eventually, my pager goes off. My table is ready. GREAT~ I ask the woman what I should do. She suggests I bring it up to the hostess and tell her my dilemma. Really? That was an option? Why didn't we just do that to begin with? What happened to that pixie dust. come on pixie dust come on back, we need to pull this surprise off. If she doesn't already suspect. The hostess askes where exactly is the rest of the party. I tell her, she sends the other CM down to get them as she leads us to a hostess to lead us to our table. ... what's the big deal? Very simple. Shes wishes DD a happy birthday and we are on our way to be seated.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

wait, did I say YAY?

I am so excited. I totally missed this the other day but I am in now!

:cheer2: YAY to you too. Sorry I missed your post just now, I must have been writing the update above. :woohoo:

:sad2: are people ( CMs) that afraid to make a decision and make some magic ?
Its not like you said " The rest of my party is at EPCOT and should be here w/i the hour" THAT I could understand, but look ...over there...they're right there...good grief ! Glad someone with common sense stepped in

and YOU :rotfl: we need 7, no 3, :rotfl: good going on the quick save. wish I had a " High Five" emotion/picture to give you

and not for nothing but " the tables are for eight, no problem " Hmmmm ? I recall hearing that somewhere prior to the trip :rolleyes1 just sayin '

Carry On.......popcorn::
and check your email

Now, what I am about to do to you all is just not fair. And I apologize. But you see... well actually THAT is the problem. WE couldn't see. We were seated in the West Wing and it is very dark in there. So... between that and ... how quickly everything happened. I don't have pictures. :sad: I know I stink. I'm sorry, believe me I AM SORRY WE DON"T HAVE PICTURES! Because....

DD sat first. Our table was right beside the rose. Oh, it was beautiful. DD chose the seat where she could see the rose and.... the entrance. Ah... no that won't work. So, I ask her if she would like to change seats so she can see the rose better. She refuses. DH has now parked the chair and sits. He realizes the situation and asks if she would like to change seats with him so she could see the rose better. But, DD's only concern is....why are there so many extra chairs, there are 8 seats, why, she asks. Ah... mom of year here, think of a lie really really quick. Oh, honey (said the grinch hehehe) I was asking the hostess the very same thing. That is what took so long. I don't understand why, with so many people wanting to get a reservation here they would waste all those seats at our table. (she said with a smirk). She bough it. Yep, she never expected her mom that is soooo against lying to... well be lying. All of this happened in just a few seconds, maybe a minute or two. As I reached for my camera, I hear DH say, what's going on here. And I see my older DD covering the birthday girls eyes. How did she do that? How did she get in so quickly? And the boys were across the table so that when DD opened her eyes she would see them. I jump in also, trying to make it sound as if a princess had walked in & was covering DD's eyes. DD starts to feel the persons hands, then up to her wrists, and THAT is when it happened. She felt her big sisters brand new Alex & Ani bracelets she had gotten her as a graduation gift. So, DD says in the softest, most innocent voice I have ever heard a 10 year old use, "K?". And K slowly takes her hands away from her little sisters eyes and goes to hug her. But the full body hug would have to wait, because baby sister is crying too hard. K can only manage to get her hand around Miss M's face because Miss M has ahold of K's hands/arm and won't let go. She is burying her face sobbing. She glances across the table at her brothers and E. She cries harder. Unable to breathe she is crying so hard. K asks, is it okay that we came down to celebrate your birthday with you? Miss M. can't even speak she nods her head with tears streaming down her rosy cheeks. YES! She is surprised! OVERJOYED! I too have tears streaming down my face. I look at DH, do I see tears? hard to tell the room is dark. I glance over at my sons and other young man. I definately saw at least 2 of them wipe their eyes. I love my family. I love Disney. We debated when Miss M. was so sad they weren't coming, to tell her. Just give her the surprise in teh limo. Or at the airport. No, I'm glad we waited. It was the surprise of a lifetime.
However, the staff (notice I didn't call them cm's) seemed un touched by our sentimental moment. As DS#1 approached his baby sister for a hug, the waitress shoved a menu in his face. Quite literally. THAT we have on video. And that pretty much is how the remainder of the evening went. Moment over.
It was very obvious we were the last seating of the night and this shift wanted out. I won't get into the details, because I prefer to focus on the magic of this evening. Enough to say, we were rushed.

So, that surprise went fabulously. Other than a slight fear Miss M. was going to hyperventilate because while crying she was forgetting to breathe. But, alas, she is fine.

Well, I am going to ask my big kids if they got any pictures of DD crying, as it is just so amazing her reaction. I can't believe with all the slips that she truly had no idea they were in Disney with us. pixiedust:

Tonight, I will leave you with this,

Tomorrow, more surprises, and pixie dust. goodnight for now. :cloud9:

:sad2: are people ( CMs) that afraid to make a decision and make some magic ?
Its not like you said " The rest of my party is at EPCOT and should be here w/i the hour" THAT I could understand, but look ...over there...they're right there...good grief ! Glad someone with common sense stepped in

and YOU :rotfl: we need 7, no 3, :rotfl: good going on the quick save. wish I had a " High Five" emotion/picture to give you

and not for nothing but " the tables are for eight, no problem " Hmmmm ? I recall hearing that somewhere prior to the trip :rolleyes1 just sayin '

Carry On.......popcorn::
and check your email

I know! I know! I know! And when you said that, my stress decreased substantially. I admit, I was still a little anxious, but, much less stressed. And when he said, the tables are 8, I though, I know that ....Ruthie said so. :rotfl2:

Also, we have a very very dark video of the surprise. I however don't know how to upload video. I will ask DS#1 when I next see him. Even if we do get it uploaded there are no guarantees you will be able so see it, but if you can... oh, it was so priceless.

ok one more post of " I told you so's" and then I will stop hijacking and go to bed ....3 am comes fast

1- worry Are UT tickets safe / will I get them on time...are you sure ??
2- worry Are you sure the mousesavers code/link for rental car ??

I am tired I am sure there are more :laughing:

goodnight Love to you all

Wow!!! Amazing and happy tears for you all!!! I love it!!! And well worth the wait! You pulled it off good momma!

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter