U 2 hot to walk, run, get surprised?

Before I get back to your regularly scheduled trip report, I have a question. Anyone that has prepurchased the photopass plus, is it usual to have problems uploading your personal photos? I have had so many issues with this. I started yesterday. I have tried it as bulk upload and individual upload. It keeps stopping. I thought I had it all set finally with the bulk upload. I selected the max they suggest of 160 photos. But, it keeps stopping. It has stopped about 5 times and only uploaded about 50 photos. Now it is giving me a message about "if you see this..." can't read it or click on it to see what I am supposed to do if I see this. :rolleyes::lmao:
Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems. ty

Now, on with the trip report. When we left the MK we dropped the boys off at their resort. Coronado Springs. Which by the way is huge, BUT is beautiful. Later in the week we went into the room. It is huge and very very pretty. I didn't feel right taking pictures of their room, but I must say I was impressed.
I want to thank everyone for the suggestion of staying there. It was very close proximity to AKV. It was actually longer for us to walk from our room to the valet than it was to drive from AKV to CSR. (well except for that one time DH was over tired and went the wrong way. That time it took about 25 mins. :rotfl:

Okay, on with day 2. I had decided I wanted a family photo. So, I had requested everyone wear decent clothes. You know what I mean, maybe polo shirts instead of tshirts. K had no problem with this as she had decided she & E. were going to get a picture in front of the castle. They had done this the last couple trips he came with us, but they were just in tshirt type clothes. So she was all on board for this idea. Miss M. loves to be a princess, so she was okay with it. The boys were good as long as they didn't have to wear ties. :rotfl2: And DH is pretty easy going, but was concerned he'd get over heated. So, off we went, all looking sharp.
First stop...

Have to start our official family vacation at CM. We have never been disappointed with breakfast here. We posed for the traditional "plate" picture. I was pretty pumped since we had purchased the photopass plus, I knew we would get one set of pics free. I asked the cm if we could have one with E. in it & a "just family" photo. They of course obliged. Soon we were seated at our table. We always seem to get the same table. I figure it is probably because we are always a party of 6 or 7. This time however, we were seated else where. Right by the kitchen, in the older section of the restaurant. I know someone has to get this section, but I wish it was someone else. :rolleyes: That's okay, we were together & we had had a great start to our vacation. Now time for some Mickey waffles and delicious fruit. We took turns getting up for our food, so as not to leave all those cameras alone. I sat down and dug into my french toast. weird, that is a strange taste. hmm... Oh, well Mickey waffles!!!! took a bite, weird taste again. fruit.... same. Well, I was paying the price for the great day I had yesterday. The taste buds started being affected by the vertigo. Anyone that suffers migraines can probably relate. Sense of smell started getting affected, taste....sensory issues. That is okay, I can deal. A bit of a waste of money, but everyone else is enjoying. And the characters are starting approaching fast & furious! We are snapping photos left & right. Cool!!!

Joining in .... Mo made me do it :thumbsup2

Looks like a great start...so many wonderful surprises!

OH, just realized I forgot to post something....

This is the view from our room in the morning. :goodvibes

It was perfect. Nothing like sitting on the balcony watching the giraffes, zebras and other animals. beautiful!

Now on with day #2.

Once we had met all the characters and everyone was filled. We finished fairly quickly, so looks like rope drop was a reality! I was so excited.We got up to leave. Plenty of time to get to rope drop. But, we had stupidly left the wheelchair in the car. DH wanted the car anyway, but it was going to be tough for me to get on & off the monorail without the chair. The majority of the older kids, Miss M. and I decide we will try. DH & DS#2 head to get the van & bring it to MK. All of us that had taken the monorail arrive in plenty of time for rope drop celebration!!! We have to stay back, because I need the seat, no standing close. We couldn't see much, but at least we could get inside the gates & the "kids" could head for fast passes. Miss M. and I would stay were there is seating & people watch. Maybe if it wasn't too crazy she could get an autograph while I sit. That is when it hit me....DH had Miss M & my passes. I told the older kids to head in, but they were leary of leaving me alone, not knowing how long before DH would get there. So, we waited for what seemed like hours. Then finally DS & DH arrive. I admit it, by this point I am cranky. Full fledge cranky. We head inside. The lines for the characters are starting to form. Miss M. has little interest in waiting in lines still. Until she sees...

I personally have never met Marie. My older kids had met her once. She is eldest DD favorite. However, once we got in the park the older kids took off for fast passes. So, Miss. M. and I headed over for the autograph. I was very excited about Marie. And clued the cm that was with her in on a little secret. More on that shortly. Enough to say, Marie will be a big part of our day later. popcorn::

So, after meeting Marie we headed up Main Street. I will say this. It just is not the same strolling up Main Street in a wheelchair. I would much prefer to see the tops names on the windows than to see strangers....ah....derrieres. :eek: So, I venture out of the chair and try to just push it. But, that was not to be, back in the chair. So, I became the person to text with updates. The 3 that went for the fp for space mtn. have decided to ride it also, as it was only a 15 min wait. DS#2 was not happy, he was left pushing Mom. But, he's a good kid & said nothing. What first. Honestly, I don't remember. I know that E. was on his phone alot. Texting with his parents & sister. I was totally accepting of this. We walked around, did some of the rides. I was disappointed Jungle Cruise was down. I enjoy that one. Before we knew it, it was time. TIME? you might ask. TIME? Time for WHAT?? Time for E. to tell his family to hide near mainstreet across from Caseys. Yup, his family. In the meantime we make a lame excuse that we are going to hang back and watch the castle show, as Miss M. wants to do that. But secretly we are sneaking swiftly behind K & E. This is when E. has decided is a good time to get their couple picture done in front of the caste. We have decided to wait to do the family picture. :rolleyes1 E. tells K to wait by Caseys as he has ordered a stuffed animal to be personalized for her. She asks why she can't wait with her family and is becoming very aggravated with him. A fight is brewing. But, she does as he asks, even if it does seem unreasonable. She knows he is with vacation with HER family, and that maybe he just needs a break. She doesn't stay angry long as when he returns and hands her the stuffed animal he got her....

And while she looked at Marie, he did this...

:cheer2: I KNOW!!! I kept it from her!!!!!!!! See, I told you I wanted to share something but COULDN'T!!!! And there is more....

Did you pick up on when I said time for E. to tell his family to head to mainstreet? Well, they were all there for the engagement. Well, his sister wasn't, but his parents, brothers, and 2 grandparents!
Part of the reason K didn't think it was going to happen this trip is because she knew if one family was going to be there he would insist both familys were present. And they both would want that. So, after she says "yup". She asked why are you doing this right now, I thought you wanted your family there. He replied, "oh, yeah, that is the other part" and waved his hand in the direction of all 11 of us standing there. She bawled. It was perfect. I don't know how to do youtube. But, my son has said he will add it. It happened so quickly though that we missed some of the excitement, and didn't have time to situate ourselves so as to have the castle in the back drop.
Now a little back story.

DH and I had been teasing E. for a long time that if he were to ask we would say no. I had had dreams of him asking our permission, and dreams he had not, dreams they had eloped. I like to analyze dreams, just for fun. So, we tease him every time I have one that it is a nightmare. Well, DD had one. She dreamed that he propose to her in front of the castle. :confused3
E. often picks DH & I up coffee on the way over. Well, E. has a great sense of humor & had told DH that he was going to write on the cup that by accepting this cup you give permission for me to marry your daught. :rotfl: There was always a big tado before DH accepted a cup of coffee from E. :rotfl2:
Then, on this past Easter, E & K came back from visiting his family. K went up stairs to change and E. said, " I think I am about to make your nightmares come true". I knew immediately. DH laughed a little thinking that E thought he was going to pick the tv station. Then he stood up & walked into the other room. Just like that. Left me 1/2 laughing 1/2 crying. And E. just looked at me like, what do I do? :rotfl2: I told E. I thought that was wonderful, before I could say, I hope you will wait until she finishes school. He said what he would like to do is ask while we are in WDW, but he did not want to if we thought it would interfer with DD's birthday celebration. He also informed me he would like for his family to be there also. Before he went any further, I told him I didn't think Mr. knew what he was talking about. E agreed and walked into the kitchen. I WISH I could have seen DH's expression. OH, how I wish I was a fly on the wall. Next we heard foot steps decending the stairs. No time to cry or talk, or anything. Back to being seated watching TV.

We all shared hugs. And of course in preparation for this event. I had packed everyone an individual pkg. of tissues in their goodie bags. I forgot mine! And more about their goodie bags later.

I had seen the Marie doll on line shortly after E. told me of his intentions. Free monogramming on the Disney online site. But, I did NOT want to be one of those future MIL's that take over. So, I ordered it with no monogram. It was on sale. I thought, maybe he would want it for a distraction as he got the ring out & got on one knee. I figured I could give it to her for Christmas if he didn't want it. Then, I thought of the wording. So, I called him. I mentioned I had seen it on line and thought, maybe that would give hime time to fumble for the ring. Before I even finished my sentence he said, "that would be perfect" I was so happy. I knew she would love it. And she does. She didn't put it down the entire day. And it came into the car, into the hotel, onto the plane and sits royally on her bureau.
The next step was to get in embroidered. I didn't want to pay for shipping so I brought it up to a woman that was friends with my brother when they were young. She owns a local stitchery. She was happy to do it for me. Since we had months before our vacation, I told her no hurry.
But, after a few weeks, I was getting anxious. I was dying to see it. So, Dh & I dropped by the stitchery. She paniced when we walked in. She thought she had gotten the dates wrong. NO, she still had over a month, but we were giddy anxious. She did it that week. She asked if she could call the house. I told her DD lives there, but never listens to our messages, she could call the house. Well, doesn't she call the house, DD answers. Stitchery lady panics and says "Hello D?....ah, no....ah, is your Mom there?" :rotfl2: I got on the phone, she told me what she did & I got laughing so hard. DD just stared at me. Then when I hung up I was asked..."who was THAT?" ahh... a friend of your uncles. (no lie there). Why was she calling you? which friend? ahhh... one he hung around with a long time ago. She was just catching up. Then she looks at me very strange and says, "didn't take long to catch up". To which I reply... " I am planning alot of graduation surprises for you...just mind your own business." I found E. and I said that ALOT to K. :lmao:

so, now we were in deep. Lying to Miss. M. about the trip completely. Not being able to discuss any aspect of it with her. Being able to only talk about partial plans with K. AND, keeping the true graduation surprises from DS#2 and K. My life was a lie. a big fat surprise lie.
Then came the planning of E's family. They decided where they wanted to stay & I booked the hotel rooms. Then I got going on goodie bags. That was fun! E. told me which characters would best represent each family member. My favorite was his Grandparents. Any guesses anyone?

AWWWW!!! Congrats to them!! I am sitting in stitches over here with your "my life is a surprise filled lie" type line! That's classic! Your tr is awesome so far! You really know how to paint a picture and tell the story! I almost fell like I'm there watching it unfold!

I can't remember a thing I read just now except my impression of E and that wonderful unique marriage proposal ( not even about Chef Mickeys...vague.. how about that ! )

We have talked about E a few times and the more you tell about him the more I have to say that your family is blessed with this compassionate and caring young man ( ok he's blessed too joining one of my favorite families !)

Isn't it the most wonderful feeling in the world when our DDs plan a life with men like this ? :goodvibes What a sense of joy & peace Dee & Mark ( I have no doubt you cried, you're a great Dad )

This is bringing back a lot of great memories about the early days with my DDs and their future husbands Congratulations K & E

AWWWW!!! Congrats to them!! I am sitting in stitches over here with your "my life is a surprise filled lie" type line! That's classic! Your tr is awesome so far! You really know how to paint a picture and tell the story! I almost fell like I'm there watching it unfold!

Thanks! Lol it was amazing!

I can't remember a thing I read just now except my impression of E and that wonderful unique marriage proposal ( not even about Chef Mickeys...vague.. how about that ! )

We have talked about E a few times and the more you tell about him the more I have to say that your family is blessed with this compassionate and caring young man ( ok he's blessed too joining one of my favorite families !)

Isn't it the most wonderful feeling in the world when our DDs plan a life with men like this ? :goodvibes What a sense of joy & peace Dee & Mark ( I have no doubt you cried, you're a great Dad )

This is bringing back a lot of great memories about the early days with my DDs and their future husbands Congratulations K & E

Glad to be able to bring back happy memories!
E. is a great guy with a great family. We're very fortunate!

Such an amazing proposal! Every girl remembers where he popped the question....but this will be an extra special memory for her!

PHEW! i am caught up and my oh MY what a wonderful proposal! what better surprises!!! Now i understand all the secrecy!!!

This is wonderful!!! :lovestruc

Such an amazing proposal! Every girl remembers where he popped the question....but this will be an extra special memory for her!

yes, I know I remember when DH proposed to me... we won't discuss that though.:(

PHEW! i am caught up and my oh MY what a wonderful proposal! what better surprises!!! Now i understand all the secrecy!!!

This is wonderful!!! :lovestruc

Yep, that is the big surprise! He did a great job. She is still walking around on :cloud9:

Now, on to the less exciting stuff... let's see where did I leave off..

Well, I will mention this... NOONE guessed who E. picked for his familys goodie bag characters. I loved his grandparents.

grandparents were - Burt, and Mary Poppins
parents - Pocohontas & Genie
sister - Bell/ or rapunzel
brother - adult Lion King
brother - Abu

So, I put everything together, candy, homemade book marks & door hangers, sample sizes of things like sunscreen, vaseline, some moleskin, Frogg Togg coolant clothes, monogrammed hand towels to dry wet seats, etc.
Got them mailed using addresses tried & true from the disboards. Mailed them so that they should have been recieved with about 5 days to spare.
I also mailed a box for our room, and for the boys room (which included K's so the little one wouldn't pick up on it, if we opened our box before meeting the kids). We asked for ours after we had checked in. No problem, it took a few minutes, but she came out with it in tact.
The boys checked with the front desk of CRS and were told there was no package. But, it arrived to their room later that night.
E's family, I was hoping would not have to ask for theirs. It would've been nice if it just appeared to them as they checked in. But, I understant, they must handle alot of packages. So, I told E. to tell them to ask for them. They should get one for each room. They asked nope. Then asked again. nope. Then I gave his mom the UPS shipping reciept. nope. Now, it was nearing the end of their vacation as they were only there for 5 days. I was angry, and very disappointed. I secretly wanted them to be thrilled with Disney so much, that they would be charmed enough to want our children to marry there. Although, I give K & E alot of credit they have made it very well known they want to marry in the church with his & her priest presiding.
Back to the issue with t he packages. Very long story short, I called told them I was not happy. Advised them I had the UPS confirmation they were delivered to the hotel, & who signed. After hanging up & getting back to me this young man advised me they were addressed to the wrong address & that there was noone by the names on the signature working at the ASMovies. I no longer had the UPS packing reciept as I had given it to E.s mom. So, I had no way of confirming or denying this information. So, that would have to wait until we got home. In the meantime, that evening guess what arrives in one of the rooms. .... yup, one of the boxes. Then the next day the day they are checking out, the other box arrives. hmmm... Again, I do intend to get to the bottom of this. I don't mind if things get mixed up, but don't lie to me, don't blame me IF in fact it wasn't my fault. An apology, and yes, this time I would have expected some type of compensation IF it was their fault my daughters future inlaws didn't have these little conveniences to make their trip more memorable & pleasant. I wouldn't have wanted to be compensated, but it would have been nice if they had offered the 2 rooms some type of compensation, again IF it was in fact Disneys error.

So, that was the bad part of the vacation. I think from here I think it is all good!

I am going to leave you all with that, as I don't want to over due my computer use.

Next up (getting back on topic), dinner with the future in laws. ;) and another tiny surprise.

ps. I am still working on getting a youtube up so you all can see the proposal.

Okay, I'm back. But, probably not for long.

After all the hugs we hit a few rides. E is 1 of 4. He has an older sister who is in the work force full force. She is in the medical profession an is currently on over nights. So, she could not spend the week with her family. So, there to see the engagement was not his ENTIRE family. But it did include his 2 bros. his parents and 2 of his grandparents. And our entire household.

I had made ADR's at LTT. I had wanted to do a desert party in Epcot for illuminations, but E's family didn't have park hoppers. By the time I tried to get the wishes desert party on the terrace there was none to be had. So, we enjoyed our meal at LTT. You know how, I just said that I had no other complaints.... well... I do have 1 more little one. I know they always say your party may be split up. Okay, I get that, and if it is us, it is us. nbd. And we were. A very squished table of 10 and a normal table of 4. Stinks, but that is how it goes sometimes. I wasn't upset at all. And I still am not. Just oddly annoyed. When I looked around the room I noticed right beside where the table of 4 were was a long bench seat, as in the entire length of the wall. It had several tables, with chairs on the other side. Obviously movable tables & chairs. So.... why didn't they sit us there. E's father goes to ask and is told, that table is reserved for a party of 12. ??? ah, wouldn't sitting a family of 8 +4 work better than 10 +4. When I say we were squished it was so bad we couldn't all pull our chairs in because they were hitting each other. But, honestly everything went well.
oh, did I forget to mention the other surprise?
While we were waiting to be seated. K got a text from E's sister sending love and again apologizing she wasn't there. They had spoken a couple of times during the day.
Just as we got situated who do you think walked in? E's sister, with a huge, "you don't think I would miss this do you?" This young lady, had been on the over night, in surgery, left work drove to another state, got on a plane, took a bus to MK, had dinner, did a few rides, slept, left for the airport and was back at work the following day. K is very blessed to have a future SIL that cares that much! We had a wonderful dinner. Then rode some more rides. I got the great pleasure of getting to know E's grandparents as they too weren't doing the crazy rides. M, myself & them enjoyed Wedway & carosel of progress just fine thank you.

So, that is 4 (planned) surprises if you are keeping count.
1)the birthday trip
2)the siblings & E. joining
3) the engagement
4) the future SIL

There is only 1 more to come, and that is at the end of the TR.

And we are 1/2 way there to getting a video of the engagement. Then we maybe able to get the bday girl surprise as well.

Goodnight everyone!

OMG, these are the best surprises ever.......I can't even imagine how exciting this all was. And you did such a GREAT job never letting on. I definitely would have ruined something with my big mouth.

WOW!!!! What an amazing surprise!!!!!!!!! How wonderful!

Bummer about the table, but at least you were all together. ;)

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter