Ty's MAW Pre-trip :) arriving Feb 14, 2010

So far as good as it can be:) We are just hoping and praying. Yes it coming up soon!:cool1::banana: It's supposed to be Saturday but now it is supposed to snow so we might need to wait till Sunday but that's ok! WOW I cant belive how long it is!! I have so much to do. Finish packing, find Sierra a jacket, get the meds in order. WOW!! Check the weather and see if I need to repack. The kids are getting sooo excited! And so is dh! He told me he really needs this trip bless his heart! Not too long now!!

Oh good grief:scared1:I dont think Saturday is going to happen lol. At least 8 inches of snow:eek: NOT NOW!! The biggest snowfall of the season on the one day we actually have plans. Oh well we will get it sometime before next Sunday :rotfl2: The kids don't know about Saturday so they will be just as happy playing in the snow;)I was able to keep my secret lol.

We want pictures of his going away party....:thumbsup2:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I will surely post them if we get to go. It's supposed to be tomarow night but we are taking it moment by moment with all of the snow:)

I also want to send some hugs to you all. I think you know what its about.

We want pictures of his going away party....:thumbsup2:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I heard about that crazy snowfall you guys are in for. DC is supposed to be on tap for around 2 feet!!!!! I'm jealous. It's supposed to miss us.

I'm glad to hear everything is still in the works. Hope FIL is resting comfortably and dh is finding some peace in the all the heartache.

:hug:

Pamela:santa:
Matty's Wish Trip PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607
Matty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 Kids, and a Gingerbread Boy" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356739

It is definately crazy! They have lowered it a few inches so that helps lol.

We are still taking it day by day. Up until we leave. The day before he will go spend time with his dad while I have everything ready.

This is my first try at posting. I have been lurking for quite awhile. I am a year round Orlando resident and have been volunteering at GKTW for a couple of years. You mentioned in one of your earlier posts you were buying "summer" clothes. I hope you will get to wear them, however this year our weather has been anything but tropical. Though the afternoons can be warm, we have had a great deal of wind, rain and cold and cloudy. It is 62 right now and the prediction for tomorrow morning is 42. My suggestion is to plan on layering with sweaters, sweatshirts and jackets. Check out one of weather sites before you leave. Please pack up some good weather for us!!!!

Thank you The Lurker for the heads up. I have been watching the weather and it does look like we may need to pack a few more jeans and long sleeves.I will wait just a lil longer before my final packing. ;)

We made it to our Send off Party. WOW was it icy! But we did it. We had it in an indoor golfing place that was a bit loud dark and well a little bit for Ty. There was this frankin stine thing that kept coming to the end of his chain (not real) and clapping back. arg its just so hard to knwo when someone with sensory issues and Pervasive developemental is going to react to things one moment. Anyways we had a really good time! They had cake and pop there for us. We talked and did ouw MAW thing and recived the tshirts and buttons:cool1:All the flight info but I am a little confused.

We were supposed to have a direct flight there and back. The lady had already told me the times and evertything. Only come to find out we have a layover in Atlanta so its not straight through and none of the times match up either. So I am reallly miffed on that as I am not a great flyer at all. And with Tyler trying to get him from one place to anyother quickly and him start in one of his moods he is done. He will repead and repeat and repeat arg! So I will hope to talk to our coordinator on Monday to see if we can get it straitened out. Also they think they messed up our expense check so we will check into that. Im more scared about spending 4 hours in the sky rather than just 2 and we are there. I just dont know how we will do it. I am a chicken I admit that. I hate flying but this is for my buddy. I will do whatever for him. But if they can change it I would be a much happier mommy that has to deal with Ty when he beomes uneasy.

TylersMAWPartyFeb2062010270.jpg

TylersMAWPartyFeb2062010281.jpg

MakeAWishpartyFeb62010005.jpg

MakeAWishpartyFeb62010003.jpg

MakeAWishpartyFeb62010001.jpg

TylersMAWPartyFeb2062010273.jpg

TylersMAWPartyFeb2062010274.jpg

Is that one of those 'Monster Golf' places? I think that's what they are called...............it looks very much like what I've seen px of (haven't been yet but there's one local). Looks like a lot of fun:)

Sorry about the flight mix-up. I'm not thrilled about flying either but then I remind myself how much more of a risk it is to drive my car everyday:rotfl2: Sorry...............that probably didn't help:laughing:

Hope they can straighten things out for you.

The countdown is on:yay:

:cool1: Im so glad you guys were able to get to the send off party. It looks like fun. I am so with you on the sensory issues and the meltdowns they can bring on. This is a real fear for me and the flight. I hope you can get it all worked out. Not much time left now!

Is that one of those 'Monster Golf' places? I think that's what they are called...............it looks very much like what I've seen px of (haven't been yet but there's one local). Looks like a lot of fun:)

Sorry about the flight mix-up. I'm not thrilled about flying either but then I remind myself how much more of a risk it is to drive my car everyday:rotfl2: Sorry...............that probably didn't help:laughing:

Hope they can straighten things out for you.

The countdown is on:yay:

It is Monstor Golf! :thumbsup2We had a lot of fun. Ty loves mini golf.It was really neat too. If you ever go I suggest you all wear white as it shows up the best. He did ok till the frankenstine thing then he had at least one finger in the ear most of the rest of the time lol. Didnt think to bring his headphones to golf:laughing:

:cool1: Im so glad you guys were able to get to the send off party. It looks like fun. I am so with you on the sensory issues and the meltdowns they can bring on. This is a real fear for me and the flight. I hope you can get it all worked out. Not much time left now!

Ty is ok once he is on the plane its just getting on and off the plane and sitting there waiting. I just hear wheres the plane millions of times and have the "tude". If I expect it it makes it easier. If I stay calm he will stay calm. But he will just repeat until we get on the plane.Then we worry about me up IN the air:rotfl2: It will be fine. It will work out either way. Just took me off gaurd lol.

We have a monster mini golf here too, Jake loves that place.

So glad he was able to make his going away party...did he have a blast with his friends?

One more week...:thumbsup2

We have a monster mini golf here too, Jake loves that place.

So glad he was able to make his going away party...did he have a blast with his friends?

One more week...:thumbsup2

It was just us 4 and the ladies and one of thier sons.Our MAW chapter doesnt do big parties and we are still working on him being "friends" as opposed to him observing what they are doing all the time;)

Tonya, everything sounds great!! Monster Golf??? It looked so cool!! I don't know why I haven't heard of it.

I loved the pictures.

Hoping everything is straightened out on Monday with regards to your flights!! Keep us posted!!!

We made the very hard decision today to reschedule Ty's MAW trip.:sad1:Fil is too ill and we do not want to be away during this time. We want to spend as much time as we can with him right now. So I will be redoing his ticker for ..............

JULY!!!! :banana: I will do an all new PTR so please keep an eye out for it. I will link it from here for a while.

Oh Tonya, Im so sorry you have to reschedule but it sounds like it was a good decision for your family. I hope Ty isn't to upset. I will continue to keep FIL in my thoughts.

Hey Tonya...............sounds like the right decision. Had something happened while you were gone, right or wrong, you probably would have never forgiven yourself. Enjoy every precious minute with your FIL. Hugs to dh and........................

July's not that far away :) Just think, more time to plan!

Awww, Tonya :grouphug: I am so sorry to hear that you have to reschedule. :sad1: But you have had so much going on lately, and with FIL's health so critical right now, I think you made the right decision. But you already know that. I'll be waiting for your July PTR. :hug: :grouphug: :hug: :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter