• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two Year Anniversary, Sailing Away to Canada! - June 10-15, 2012 Day 4 Part 2 09/30

So when we got back to the boat, we removed our muddy clothes and started to get ready for the night's events! If you hadn't guessed...it was Pirate Night!!

It took a while because DH didn't think he'd want to dress up until he was on the boat! So we had to get down to the shop to get him a hat.

First, though, i needed to met pirate Minnie!
DSC_0988e.jpg

DSC_0990e.jpg

Then we headed up to say goodbye to Saint John.

DSC_0969e.jpg

Duffy was all ready for the party as well!
DSC_0972e.jpg

DSC_0978e.jpg

After watching our departure for a little we headed in because it was getting rather chilly. Our guide had told us we might see whales...but it was just too cold. We were told later that you couldn't see any.

DSC_0994e.jpg

I was impressed at how good this Jack was. It was a fun interaction.

I also really liked meeting Chip and Dale...
DSC_0995e.jpg

They had a specialty drink station, so I treated us to some with special light up cups! Mine was a pineapple mixture and DH got a sangria.

IMG_3212e.jpg

DSC_0997e.jpg

IMG_0991e.jpg

We then headed to play a Disney song guessing game. It was really fun! I wish there had been more games like this. They played small bits of songs and you had to guess them. We did pretty well, but def didn't win!

We headed back to the lobby to meet more characters!
DSC_1001e.jpg

DSC_1003e.jpg

Then DH's favorite...Stitch!
IMG_3220e.jpg

DSC_0012e.jpg

We had no interest in the evening's Walt Disney Theatre show whatsoever (it was the same comedian magician who didn't impress us on the first night), so we went to Studio Sea to play A Pirate's Life for Me.

IMG_3228e-1.jpg

IMG_3226e.jpg

IMG_3223e.jpg

Duffy was playing too!
IMG_3221e.jpg

It was fun but completely geared to children. This was the first game show we found that was like this. So, it was fun to watch but we didn't stay the whole time because it became boring.

We hung around and got ready for pirate dinner at Lumiere's.

IMG_0995e.jpg

Our awesome waiter!
IMG_3235e.jpg

IMG_3241e-1.jpg

pirate.jpg

For my main I got The Buccaneer's Sun-Ripened Pineapple - fresh island pineapple with a coconut covered banana and orange glaze.

IMG_3239e-1.jpg

This was really fresh and a nice start. I really enjoyed it.

DH got Pirates Golden "Pot Stickers" - oriental pork "dumplings" deep fried and served with a tamarind-ginger soy sauce and pickled vegetables.

IMG_3237e-1.jpg

These looked awesome even to me! Yum yum!

For my main I got Tiger Lilie's Savory Pancakes - stuffed with tofu, spinach, and lashed to the deck on a pool of pepper coulis
IMG_3249e-1.jpg

This was not the best choice. I really didn't enjoy it. It was very...mushy. But I think it was just a bad choice on my part. Someone else probably would have liked it.

I can't seem to find exactly what DH got anywhere. It was tempura veggies and I think boneless ribs.
IMG_3247e-1.jpg

I know DH liked this a lot better then I likes mine! Ha.

Angel Food Cake - with strawberries and whipped cream.
Mine
IMG_3254e-1.jpg

I must've just kept picking badly because this was a very blah dessert. Not nearly enough strawberries and cream to go with the cake.

DH got the Sweet Temptations - a trio of fruit cobbler, floating island and chocolate cake.
IMG_3253e-1.jpg

This is what I should have gotten! It was so good...DH shared!

We didn't stay too long because we wanted to go have fun!

When we got up to deck 9, it was freezing. Thankfully the more people who came out, the warmer it got.
IMG_3257e-1.jpg

DH took the photos as me and Duffy danced!
DSC_0018e-1.jpg

DSC_0022e.jpg

IMG_3278e-1.jpg

Then came....
DSC_0029e-1.jpg

And..
DSC_0031e-1.jpg

DSC_0036e-1.jpg

DSC_0044e-1.jpg

DSC_0050e.jpg

DSC_0063e-1.jpg

DSC_0075e.jpg

DSC_0122e.jpg

DSC_0169e.jpg

Then Mickey came to save us from the bad pirates..

DSC_0184e-1.jpg

DSC_0185e.jpg

DSC_0211e-1.jpg

Fireworks!!!
DSC_0253e.jpg

DSC_0269e-1.jpg

DSC_0273e-1.jpg

It was so amazing to have fireworks off the ship!!! So cool.

DSC_0290e-1.jpg

Then Peter came out!!
DSC_0342e.jpg

DSC_0346e.jpg

It was so cool for him to come out and dance.

We loved the pirate party! This is a must do!!! The characters even came out to dance with some groups. The energy was so great and everyone was having fun. So amazing to think it was all going on out in the Atlantic Ocean!

After the party I headed down to the theater to see the Avengers. DH went to the room to relax and watch some TV. I really liked the movie. It was packed though, because pirates was playing on the Funnelvision but it was too cold to watch.

YAY!!! I LOVE Duffy's costume! He looks great! As do you guys! pirate:

It looks like you had an AMAZING Pirate Night! :cool1:

YAY!!! I LOVE Duffy's costume! He looks great! As do you guys! pirate:

It looks like you had an AMAZING Pirate Night! :cool1:

I know its so cute! He will be reusing it at Mickey's not so scary next week! Thanks!

We really did. I'm so amazed at how all out they go for Pirate Night! It really was awesome.

Gotta love Pirate Night! Your pictures are awesome, and Duffy looks so cute all decked out for the evening.

I have to agree, the Sun-Ripened Pineapple and Coconut Toasted Bananas are incredible! Has to be one of my favorite appetizers on any of the DCL menus.

Just catching up. I just got off the magic on Saturday. We had Peter too, but I am pretty sure he was in pirate gear....I haven't gone through the epics yet. I love yours. I am pretty sure you got better shots.

Just read your whole trip report! What a great cruise. Would love to see what happened in the end!

Jo

Just read your whole trip report! What a great cruise. Would love to see what happened in the end!

Jo

Thanks so much for reading! I'm sorry I never finished. Life just got away from me. I'll try and find time to post the rest of the photos, though the details are probably fuzzy. haha

I just finished reading and loved it so far. We went the week later and it was pretty windy out. The water was choppy once we hit canadian water. We walked up to the top and it was so windy we had to hold on. We got down right away. Your DH would have thought the wind would blow him over it was that windy.
I have a question, did you ever feel any sea sickness. We always used the patch. by the time we got back the NYC the patch was making us dizzy and our vision was blurry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter