Two Sisters finally get to go to WDW together! - TR has started!

What a lovely home!
I think the ability to travel from one country to another so readily is one of the things I envy the most about Europeans. We have our regional differences here in the US, but it's just not the same.

I hope you had a great weekend!

I had no idea your DISname was from a town - it's really cool to learn, and to see the home you grew up in. It's a beautiful home, I love the ivy along the side.

What a beautiful home and such lovely memories! It is nice that you had the opportunity to go back to that restaurant.

ITA!! Bring on the tags!

It was really a lovely visit! And I guess we need to create a team to go for those tags!! :thumbsup2

The house is lovely. I love the ivy on it. Have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks, Copenhagen was great!! :goodvibes

What a lovely home!
I think the ability to travel from one country to another so readily is one of the things I envy the most about Europeans. We have our regional differences here in the US, but it's just not the same.

I think I know what you mean. I always hope that we Europeans have the chance to learn that other cultures can be just different, not better or worse than our own, because we have the abilitity to be exposed to them so much more easily. It always amazes me how distinct the differences are between seemingly similar countries in Europe. But then I am often very disillusioned if I experience German tourists behaving badly :sad2:

I hope you had a great weekend!

I had no idea your DISname was from a town - it's really cool to learn, and to see the home you grew up in. It's a beautiful home, I love the ivy along the side.

My weekend was fantastic, more on that later... My DISname is Floss for the town where my parents live and Bolna for the dog we used to have as kids. Actually Bolna is Mongolian for "good" or "well". My family loves a children's book about two boys travelling through Mongolia in the 30s and there they have a dog which is called the Mongolian word for dog. At first we wanted to call our dog that name, but it did not fit well for a female dog. So we picked the other word that was mentioned in the book all the time: Bolna. :goodvibes

What a lovely home! I hope their new home brings lots of happy memories too!

Hope you had a great trip to Copenhagen!

I think I know what you mean. I always hope that we Europeans have the chance to learn that other cultures can be just different, not better or worse than our own, because we have the abilitity to be exposed to them so much more easily. It always amazes me how distinct the differences are between seemingly similar countries in Europe.
That's exactly what I meant, but you put it much more eloquently. :)
And I love how you came up with your forum name. Mine is my first name and last initial. Because I'm unoriginal that way. :)

Wow-you have been busy posting haven't you...:lmao:

Congrats on your reservations...I know that you'll both love the AKL-well you already know you will and your sister will love it as well...it seems to have a good following amongst the Europeans who visit-I heard English, French, Spanish, Italian and i believe German being spoken while we were there.

Think about a lunch or dinner at Sanaa while your there-it was one of my favorite meals the whole time we were there...it is a pain for you that you fall right between when they switch the ADR window...:sad2:-but I think the TA and the time you are going are both in your favor...

Your parent's home is charming...bittersweet to say goodbuy to that...:hug:

I'm glad you had some vacation time-I love the underwater photos-I need one of those cameras-how fun!:)

Copenhagen...Lucky you...I hope you're planning to write a TR about that...:rolleyes1

What a lovely home! I hope their new home brings lots of happy memories too!

Hope you had a great trip to Copenhagen!

Thanks for the nice comment! Both my parents are really looking forward to living in a city again and their new appartment is just 10 min walk from my appartment in Nuremberg! :goodvibes

That's exactly what I meant, but you put it much more eloquently. :)
And I love how you came up with your forum name. Mine is my first name and last initial. Because I'm unoriginal that way. :)

I guess me being eloquent on that matter comes from being involved as a volunteer with a youth exchange organization! :goodvibes In case you really want to get a glimpse into other cultures, I can really recommend hosting an exchange student! Katharina and I both went abroad during school, I went to Denmark, Katharina to Czechoslovakia and our family has hosted several exchange students (from Finland, Poland, Russia and Sweden). I think it is a wonderful way to learn about other countries.

And I don't think your screen nme is unoriginal, it sounds very exotic! :thumbsup2 And Tara is a beautiful name! :goodvibes

Wow-you have been busy posting haven't you...:lmao:

Congrats on your reservations...I know that you'll both love the AKL-well you already know you will and your sister will love it as well...it seems to have a good following amongst the Europeans who visit-I heard English, French, Spanish, Italian and i believe German being spoken while we were there.

Think about a lunch or dinner at Sanaa while your there-it was one of my favorite meals the whole time we were there...it is a pain for you that you fall right between when they switch the ADR window...:sad2:-but I think the TA and the time you are going are both in your favor...

Your parent's home is charming...bittersweet to say goodbuy to that...:hug:

I'm glad you had some vacation time-I love the underwater photos-I need one of those cameras-how fun!:)

Copenhagen...Lucky you...I hope you're planning to write a TR about that...:rolleyes1

AKL will be woderful!! I think why it appeals to Europeans is the fact that it is a real hotel. We aren't used to outdoor corridors in Europe like the values and moderates have them. Therefore the deluxe resorts have a strong appeal. :goodvibes

Thanks for the nice comments on my parents' house and the underwater pictures. I am still very pleased how good they came out!

Copenhagen was wonderful! :cloud9:

I have been back from Copenhagen for a few days. I took over 350 pictures and intend to do a TR - there are a few things I can report about that are at least in some relation to Disney... But I still have the walk around Nuremberg as well. So what do you want to read about first???

Personally, I vote for Nuremberg first...I don't know as much about Germany as I'd like and then Copenhagen...

You know talk about everything...like you're our own travel show host...location, culture, people, sights, architecture...pretty much everything plus photos of course please...:goodvibes

I guess me being eloquent on that matter comes from being involved as a volunteer with a youth exchange organization! :goodvibes In case you really want to get a glimpse into other cultures, I can really recommend hosting an exchange student! Katharina and I both went abroad during school, I went to Denmark, Katharina to Czechoslovakia and our family has hosted several exchange students (from Finland, Poland, Russia and Sweden). I think it is a wonderful way to learn about other countries.

And I don't think your screen nme is unoriginal, it sounds very exotic! :thumbsup2 And Tara is a beautiful name! :goodvibes

I would love to host an exchange student - I always wanted to growing up but my parents weren't excited about the idea.

Thank you for the compliment re: my name. I always thought it was a strange name growing up because it wasn't common where I lived. Now I like it. My daughters both have unusual names - my older daughter has a Greek name (Amara) and the younger one has an Irish name (Teagan). I hope they don't go through a "why did I get a weird name" phase.

I know frighteningly little about other countries, so wherever you want to start is fine with me!

Personally, I vote for Nuremberg first...I don't know as much about Germany as I'd like and then Copenhagen...

You know talk about everything...like you're our own travel show host...location, culture, people, sights, architecture...pretty much everything plus photos of course please...:goodvibes

And here I was thinking just the opposite! :rotfl: Flossbolna, maybe you should flip a coin :confused3

LOL:lmao:I'm good whatever she decides...:goodvibes...I'm interested in all of it so wherever she starts...its all good...;)

I totally agree. I'm not sure when we'll ever get to Europe so I absolutely love hearing all these stories!

I just realized tonight that I had never made it over to your PTR - what poor manners I have! It's been fun reading about your plans and seeing/reading about Germany! Very cool! Look forward to reading about your adventures!!

LOL:lmao:I'm good whatever she decides...:goodvibes...I'm interested in all of it so wherever she starts...its all good...;)

Ok, Fb- anytime you're ready now...;) :surfweb:...

Patricia, thanks for the input and for nagging me to get on with the PTR... :lmao: :rolleyes: No, I really enjoy having such dedicated readers!! :goodvibes I will try to put up something tonight... I am very entertained by your TR and reading is so much easier than writing... :rolleyes1

I would love to host an exchange student - I always wanted to growing up but my parents weren't excited about the idea.

Thank you for the compliment re: my name. I always thought it was a strange name growing up because it wasn't common where I lived. Now I like it. My daughters both have unusual names - my older daughter has a Greek name (Amara) and the younger one has an Irish name (Teagan). I hope they don't go through a "why did I get a weird name" phase.

I know frighteningly little about other countries, so wherever you want to start is fine with me!

Tara, I will send you a PM about hosting exchange students. As I said, my family really enjoyed it!

I love your daughters' names. My name is pretty unusual as well - or at least it used to be when I was a kid. But it was my grandmother's name and I always was proud of it! At 16 I even successfully made all my friends stop using my nick name at that time (a German version of Maggie) and got them to use my full name. Since then I really have a thing about calling people by their real, very often very beautiful names, not any "cute" abreviations. :goodvibes

And here I was thinking just the opposite! :rotfl: Flossbolna, maybe you should flip a coin :confused3

Ok, I think I will figure out what is easier to get up quickly...

I totally agree. I'm not sure when we'll ever get to Europe so I absolutely love hearing all these stories!

I guess your problem with Europe is the flight there. Otherwise I can only encourage everyone to travel to Europe, it is not so much more difficult to travel than anywhere else. :thumbsup2

I just realized tonight that I had never made it over to your PTR - what poor manners I have! It's been fun reading about your plans and seeing/reading about Germany! Very cool! Look forward to reading about your adventures!!

Hi and welcome! :welcome: I hope to get more updates coming up soon, so things will get more exciting again! :rolleyes1

Hello everyone!

I'm back in Berlin as well an Magdalene keeps on telling me that I have to post more comments so that I then can post pictures of my trip to England. So...

Even though I haven't posted anything, I can assure you, that I think about our trip every single day!!!!
For instance: I named my new MacBook ORLANDO, and of course I only got it to be better eqiped for planning and writing our PTR ;)

I also took Magdalene and Mike, my husband, on a specially pre-trip, we will tell you about later (you can add Heidepark to Nuremberg and Copenhagen on the list of places you will see pictures of and read about, I hope Magdalene doesn't mind I mentioned it :guilty:)

And.... I justed talked to Magdalene on the phone, and she alreday forgot that she promised an instalment tonight :mad: So you can thank ME for reminding her.

forgot to introduce my avatar: it is my DH's oldest friend.... Have to ask him, how old this Mickey really is.
He obviously went through good AND hard times with him and therefore I have banned Mickey from the sofa, but today he was allowed to sit there for a photo session - and doesn't he look happy?

forgot to introduce my avatar: it is my DH's oldest friend.... Have to ask him, how old this Mickey really is.
He obviously went through good AND hard times with him and therefore I have banned Mickey from the sofa, but today he was allowed to sit there for a photo session - and doesn't he look happy?

Love the picture of Mike's Mickey, very cute!! :goodvibes

I was really planning on getting started writing about Nuremberg... But now it is already so late that I will just give you a teaser:

DSC05529.jpg

This is St Lorenz (Lawrence to you and the German is actually pronounced more or less the same as the English name). One of the two main churches of Nuremberg. Nuremberg was a free city, which means that is was like a kind of republic, governed only by the city council. It used to be a rich city which did a lot of trade and was famous for its toy and clock makers. It's best times were from 1300-1600. St Lawrence was the church the city built to impress from 1200-1400. It is actually a protestant church as the Nuremberg city council decided to become Lutheran in 1525 and therefore everyone had to follow.

The church was heavily damaged during WW II as was most of the old city center. But it was rebuilt after the war and actually has a number of interesting pieces of art (which were kept safe in the dungeons of the Nurembeg castle during WW II). Southern German Lutherans never destroyed all the pictures of the saints as they did in Northern Germany. It is an impressive piece of architecture and it is really in the center of the city. The picture was taken from the main shopping street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter