Two Sisters finally get to go to WDW together! - TR has started!

Congrats on the great discount...don't you just love when things work out like that!! :banana:

And I think all the outdoor places I can think of have been mentioned. Rose and Crown and the Mexican Catina have always been pretty good.

Goodness! I was SO far behind! :sad2:

First, I am very happy to read that Nodnol's DH is okay!!! :goodvibes How awful that had to be for him, and her, to go through.

Love your mini-TR on your day trip to the theme park...I cannot recall the name of it... :rolleyes: You got some great pictures, it looks like you three had a blast! I was laughing out loud imagining you on the ride with the poncho half on, and it pouring down rain!!! :rotfl: That is the kind of stuff that makes memories! Love it!

:rotfl2: That is a very, very good point! It's hot, yet people choose to row themselves...:confused3 :laughing:

I didn't hear that Bob Iger said the heavy discounts would end in 2010. Kind of a strange announcment...did he say that thinking the economy should somehow vastly improve in the next 6 months??? I cannot see how they will manage doing that and still expect the same type of business...we'll see I suppose!

Oh, and I loved the link of the Epcot film! I hope they do that with AK and DHS too, so creative and just awesome! Thanks for posting it!

I know what you mean about getting behind on your subscription, happens to me all the time! :rotfl: Thanks for all your nice comments. I remember the old WDW guide book you posted about some weeks ago on your PTR where you mentioned the canoes! I immediately had to think about how nodnol and I did not want to go on them!!

I think the reason Iger made this announcement was that he was talking to investors, not customers. It appears that the shareholders are getting concerned about Disney discounting there product so much that the discounted price will become the expected prize. So they want to hear that the discounts will go away again. Who knows what the economy will do in 2010? :confused3

I am really looking forward to the AK and DHS films, I am sure they will make them. At least the blog was written in a way that suggested that there will be more. :goodvibes

Hey there! Here's the link to the article about 2010:

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2009...ack-on-park-discounts-in-latter-part-of-2010/

It eppears they're worried we might get used to these discounts and come to expect them!!! :rotfl:

Enjoying your trip report, Flossbolna. Things are crazy busy here so I had fallen a bit behind, but I'm caught up now!! :thumbsup2 Since I used to live near Disneyland, it's a joy to see those pictures! (lots of memories :cloud9:)

I have to tell you, my AKL February trip got better too! (cost-wise) General codes came out for the resorts and I kept trying (online) to see if AKL-CL was available for the dates I'd already booked with the AAA discount (15%). It took about a week, but one day, there it was: 40% off AKL-CL!! :yay: I don't think I ever dialed a phone so fast!! Got a great CM and he applied the discount!! :woohoo:

I'm leaving for WDW Tuesday afternoon! Can't wait to see DisneyBride'03 and PNO4TE!! :yay::yay:

Happy Holidays! :santa: I'm looking forward to seeing you and nodnol in early February!! :goodvibes

Hi Laura, I know that you are already in WDW, but I hope you will read this at some point! Thanks for the nice comments! Living nearly Disneyland must be wonderful! When I was in California in 2005 I really did not want to include a stop in LA, just wanted to get to DL and then continue on. But my BFF who was traveling with me insisted on ticking of the sights of LA - and I really fell in love with it. It might be a difficult place on a daily basis, but for me it was such a modern city with so much going on (including gorgeous weather).

Congratulations on the CL discount. I tried this online a few times (not really wanting to spend the money, but thinking if I would ever get a chance then it would be with this discount) and it was never available. In a way I am a bit relieved. :goodvibes

I just love your Disneyland pictures.

Your trip is getting so close! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

More DL pics coming up! And yes, the trip is getting sooo close. Once Christmas is over, it will be nearly there! :thumbsup2

Hi Flossbolna,
Just found this report after having read your last years food report - and thinking GOSH! I wish she was going in January, during my 3 week trip. Well, you are going in January, but I miss you by 1 day :(

My dh & I lived in Bitburg for 9 years and still miss it - especially the neighbors, the bread, and the coffee! lol

Your English is VERY good, btw!

Oh, if you ever want to rent points, I know a lady who lives near Nuremberg and has quite a few points - she might be willing to rent you some if she can't use them herself.

Have a great trip! Can't WAIT to read all about it!

:welcome: Lovely, to have you here, but how sad that we miss you by one day! I think you assimilated quite well here in Germany if you are missing German bread! :lmao: I absolutely agree that we are the country with the best bread - mostly because we have such a large variety of breads available! :thumbsup2 :cool1: And it seems to be very German to always complain about the bread in other countries. It sometimes becomes a bit tired when you meet German tourists abroad! :confused3

Thanks for the compliment on my English. Writing this PTR is actually quite a good training for me. I think the DIS really helps me keep up my skills in English. :goodvibes

Renting DVC points form someone close to home sounds like a great idea! I will see when I will start to plan my next trip... :rolleyes1

Hey M,

I enjoyed reading your last post on DL...isn't it interesting how some things change and some things stay very much the same? :goodvibes
I hate when rides go down...I know they can't help it but it is disappointing...:confused3

Wow...your trip is getting closer and closer...:goodvibes

In MK...you can't beat the outdoor seating at Casey's...the menu is limited but you get that great view of the castle and the Crystal Palace...

I think that Tangierine Cafe is really very good and has pretty seating...
I've heard good things about the Japanese CS...
If you just want a sandwich or quiche and a glass of wine, the cafe in France is fun...

Flame tree barbeque is good and has very pretty seating...:thumbsup2

Congrats on the great discount...:thumbsup2

I think Casey's is going on our list, so many of you have recommended it now! And the first thing nodnol added to our To Do list after reading Brook's TR was "corn dog nuggets". So I guess that's decided now!

And I think my drink of choice from France will rather be a Grey Goose Slushie, I loved this drink! :love: But it might be a good idea to get a sandwich to go with it.

Actually I think, I have our options pretty well memorized so that we can decide by what we want and when we want to eat on where to go. It is a bit complicated this time because, we also need to find a place with good options for nodnol's dairy problems...

Congrats on the great discount...don't you just love when things work out like that!! :banana:

And I think all the outdoor places I can think of have been mentioned. Rose and Crown and the Mexican Catina have always been pretty good.

The discount was just wonderful! And I finally got a PIN for our travel dates, but it is only 40% off deluxes as well, so I don't need it. But it is great to know that I actually get PINs!! :goodvibes

So this will be the final installment of DL 1992, I already uploaded the first DLP trip to photobucket! :thumbsup2

I am officially on Christmas vacation as of now :cloud9: and hope to find the time over the next days to do a number of those previous Disney trips posts!

But first a few PTR things:

Katharina has permission to travel to the US!! :banana: If you are traveling to the US as a citizen of one of the countries in the Visa Waiver program you still need to get permission to travel to the US by signing up on a website called ESTA. While it is great that we don't need any visa, it still is a hassle. You have to enter your passport number and other personal details into a form and answer a number of questions (like do you have a transmittal disease, do you plan a terrorist act, have you been sentenced as a war criminal for crimes committed between 1933 and 1945, are you planning to work in he US). If you can answer all with no and if your name isn't in a database of questionable persons you get a permission to travel to the US. Wether you are really going to be admitted to the country will still be determined by the immigration official at the airport. I always find this process a bit scary, but so far it always worked without problems for me! I did not have to sign up with ESTA, I can use the permission I got for my trip in January 2009.

Otherwise, our TA emailed me all of our confirmation numbers for our ADRs and I pulled the up online and added Katharina's birthday as a celebration to every single ADR! :wizard: I was honest about the day of her birthday, but still the trip is a celebration for her birthday! I know that she will love being made a fuss of! :lmao:

Ok, that's it on the PTR, on with a trip into the past. The last part of DL 1992 will be about the shows. But I am really sorry, there isn't that much to report on: we aren't show persons and that hasn't changed much. The only shows I ever liked at WDW (and I have seen most of them since my previous travel companion loved them) are Festival of the Lion King (it was recommended to me as the show for people who don't like shows and this recommendation was right), Dream along with Mickey (it's rather sweet and short) and Turtle Talk with Crush (not a typical Disney show). So nodnol wil have to see those three during our trip! ::yes::

Back to Disneyland – what we did see was the afternoon parade which in that year was: The World according to Goofy. What a strange parade!! :confused: But we found it quite amusing and I got very camera happy, so we have lots of pics from it:

42.jpg

Our aunt was really excited to see Fantasmic, I think it was new in 1992 or at least still very recently added. Katharina and I did not enjoy it very much at all. First of all I am a real chicken and I was frightened by it! :scared1: It was so dark and bad things happened! And this was when we realized that we really aren't show people and weren't just prejudiced against them. We made excellent use of the other Fantasmic showings during our trip: we enjoyed the short lines!! :thumbsup2

I think we saw the fireworks and I tried to see Tinkerbell flying over us, but didn't catch her. At least I remember being so happy to see here for the first time when I saw Wishes for the first time in 2004.

I think I haven't shared our character pictures yet. 1992 was before they invented the organized lines for characters, but we still managed to get rather good pictures without others in the pics as well:

48.jpg

The picture on the bottom right shows our souvenir shopping! And it shows the best tan Katharina and I ever had in our lifes! I think we experienced nearly six weeks of sunshine during our trip and spent a lot of time outdoors... Never again will we that tanned again, also because now we both wear high SPF sun lotion which just wasn't available then... :sad2:

So – that's it! Next post will be DLP 1995!!

I love the idea that you added Katharina's birthday celebration to every ADR! She will love that! :goodvibes
Thanks for sharing your pictures from Disneyland. I used to be sooo tan too. When going away for Spring Break in high school we went to Florida for 2 weeks and that kicked off the summer tan. Not anymore (had some precancerous cells removed a few years ago. :sad2:) I wear SPF 50 all summer and I wear SPF on my face all year round now....The things we didn't know....:guilty:

Tracy

I love the idea that you added Katharina's birthday celebration to every ADR! She will love that! :goodvibes
Thanks for sharing your pictures from Disneyland. I used to be sooo tan too. When going away for Spring Break in high school we went to Florida for 2 weeks and that kicked off the summer tan. Not anymore (had some precancerous cells removed a few years ago. :sad2:) I wear SPF 50 all summer and I wear SPF on my face all year round now....The things we didn't know....:guilty:

Tracy

Actually I am not so sure Katharina will love it. :rolleyes1 But she will humor me. I have the slight suspicion that if it gets too much for her, she might tell them that I am the birthday girl! :scared1:

Sorry to hear about those cells that were removed. You are lucky that they found them! I just got a check a few days ago and everything was fine. But there are a few spots which need being watched and I know that they are at a place where I got a really bad sunburn during that trip to the US in 1992. I am very strict about wearing sunscreen now as well and my foundation has a SPF built in which I think is great! But when I was small the best sunscreen had a SPF of 8! :scared1:

LOL! It can be your birthday too!!!

Thanks for sharing your Disneyland memories and pictures!! I can't wait to hear all about DLP and see the pictures!!!!!!

LOL! It can be your birthday too!!!

Thanks for sharing your Disneyland memories and pictures!! I can't wait to hear all about DLP and see the pictures!!!!!!

I am really looking forward to doing those DLP updates, there are some beautiful pictures to share! :goodvibes

I am so glad that Katharina has permission to come to the United States...especially since you trip is a month away...:lmao:

It's nice to have them make note of the birthdays on the ADRs-they usually go a bit out of their way to make it a special experience...:thumbsup2

(hmmm...reminds me I better check on my passport photos...I have to update...it would not be good for me to forget...:sad2:)

I have fair skin also and was really relieved when everyone started wearing sunscreen...when I was a teenager it was really fashionable to be tan and well you know when you're that age you sort of want to do what your friends are doing...I remember some of them actually using some kind of oil to encourage the tanning...:eek:...while I was always under a hat or umbrella because I burned too easily...but I'm kind of glad now that I didn't tan too much...although I do think tanned legs look attractive...

Have a wonderful Christmas break from work :goodvibes...It's nice to have that time so you can actually enjoy the holiday versus feeling so rushed...

Where I live outside of Philadelphia...between NYC and Washington D.C-. we are getting quite a bit of snow...we should have between 15"-20" when it's all done...everyone is getting quite upset...this is the last major shopping weekend before Christmas...but the snow really looks quite beautiful...:goodvibes

I too am looking forward to your DLP memories...:lmao:...popcorn::

(I really have to update my ptr...;))

I am so glad that Katharina has permission to come to the United States...especially since you trip is a month away...:lmao:

It's nice to have them make note of the birthdays on the ADRs-they usually go a bit out of their way to make it a special experience...:thumbsup2

(hmmm...reminds me I better check on my passport photos...I have to update...it would not be good for me to forget...:sad2:)

I have fair skin also and was really relieved when everyone started wearing sunscreen...when I was a teenager it was really fashionable to be tan and well you know when you're that age you sort of want to do what your friends are doing...I remember some of them actually using some kind of oil to encourage the tanning...:eek:...while I was always under a hat or umbrella because I burned too easily...but I'm kind of glad now that I didn't tan too much...although I do think tanned legs look attractive...

Have a wonderful Christmas break from work :goodvibes...It's nice to have that time so you can actually enjoy the holiday versus feeling so rushed...

Where I live outside of Philadelphia...between NYC and Washington D.C-. we are getting quite a bit of snow...we should have between 15"-20" when it's all done...everyone is getting quite upset...this is the last major shopping weekend before Christmas...but the snow really looks quite beautiful...:goodvibes

I too am looking forward to your DLP memories...:lmao:...popcorn::

(I really have to update my ptr...;))

Hi Patricia, I know what you mean about peer pressure regarding tanning. Unfortunately I was rather stupid to try to get as much of a tan as possible. :sad2:

We have some snow here as well. I just arrived in Nuremberg (using my mom's computer :goodvibes) after a 4.5 hours train trip through wintery Germany. It was so beautiful! Part of the train trip goes through some rather hilly area with lots of woods an little streams that were rather frozen. Besides the snow it was incredibly cold the last few days. On Saturday the high temperature for Berlin was -13 °C, that's about 8 °F - normally that would be the low temperature on cold nights!! :scared1:

Unfortunately it is supposed to become warm again on Tuesday with rain, so we will have lots of ice on the roads on the main travel day. :sad2: I hope Katharina and her DH will arrive safely on Wednesday here in Nuremberg. But they are taking the train as well so it should work out fine! :goodvibes

I think Casey's is going on our list, so many of you have recommended it now! And the first thing nodnol added to our To Do list after reading Brook's TR was "corn dog nuggets". So I guess that's decided now!

The pressure is on for me! :laughing: I hope you like them!

You have to enter your passport number and other personal details into a form and answer a number of questions (like do you have a transmittal disease, do you plan a terrorist act, have you been sentenced as a war criminal for crimes committed between 1933 and 1945, are you planning to work in he US).

42.jpg

We made excellent use of the other Fantasmic showings during our trip: we enjoyed the short lines!! :thumbsup2

I find it slightly hilarious one of the questions is "Do you plan to commit a terrorist act?" I think even the very worst possible terrorist criminal would know to answer "no" to that one! :laughing: I'm guessing that is on there as a comfort to the public...

The Goofy parade looks pretty cute!

I laughed out loud about your Fantasmic comment. We aren't Fantasmic fans either, so we do the same! :thumbsup2

I remember getting so tan as a child. Even as a teen. Now I'm so white I'm practically glowing. :rolleyes:

I just realized, it's been one month and two days since I last posted – I’m so sorry, I guess I’m not a good DISer!!! But life was kind of crazy and I was happy to keep up reading at least... Thank you all again for your kind posts and wishes!

Oh no! I'm so sorry about nodnol's husband. I'm glad he is finally starting to feel better.

TWO MONTHS!! :yay: :dance3: :banana:

He really started to feel better as soon as he got antibiotics. It was interesting to monitor his progress, everyday he was a little better. Funny thing is, he doesn’t remember much of the first two weeks of his illness... :confused3

Oh no!!! I hope he's feeling better soon and nodol stays healthy! And :thumbsup2 to only two months!

:thumbsup2 I’m still healthy, I can’t believe it! Only one cold so far this autumn / winter!
And after Christmas it will be only ONE MONTH! :yay:

I'm so glad that nodnol's husband is finally starting to feel better. Let's hope that she stays well. pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Kathy

I was quite afraid of catching something when Remy is healthy again or just now before Christmas – I tend to get sick on Christmas :-( But nothing so far! :thumbsup2

Oh dear! ...:sad2:...what a lot of illness to deal with...I am glad that Nodnol's DH got a diagnosis though and it sounds like he is on his road to recovery...:goodvibes (I will keep my fingers crossed for Nodnol...but it sounds like she is going to be ok...she may have developed an immunity...-

(Just be aware...I had walking pneumonia two years ago...after a couple of other illnesses -and it took a bit to feel like myself...even when DH is better...it may take him a month or even more to build up his strength to his usual self...pneumonia really can beat you up...so don't be worried if he still feels tired and not 100%...he may still be a little more tired than usual even at Christmas...BUT he will get back to normal-just slowly...:goodvibes)

It’s strange with pneumonia (actually, I found out I knew nearly nothing about it), but the doctor told Remy to go easy for four weeks after he started to go to work again, so no stairs, but elevators etc. And then he can start slowly to do sports.

Thank you for showing the springerle molds...:) They are very charming...

That’s so funny – you are the first person I EVER met, who had Springerle before!!! and you are in the United States!

I have really enjoyed reading your PTR ::yes:: I just read through the whole thing today at work! :laughing:
So wonderful that you are planning a trip with your sister...and it's fun having you both on here commenting!
Your plane is huge! Looks nice and comfy for a long flight :thumbsup2
I really enjoy seeing your pictures from Germany....a country I have longed to visit. A friend of mine was there when the Wall was torn down.
You have great ADR's at many of my favorite restaurants and of course you are staying at my favorite hotel! :)

Thanks for keeping me company today at work! :goodvibes

Tracy

I’m happy you spent a nice day at work with us ;) Actually, I’m writing thisat work kow as well. There are only two of us at the office today, so I decided to take it easy :goodvibes

Sounds like you had a great day! I love that nodnol was wearing her Kermit the Frog tshirt! :laughing: I love the picture of the two of you in the log !

I love that t-shirt!!! I got it from Flossbolna, she always brought me great presents from WDW :love:

Otherwise, our TA emailed me all of our confirmation numbers for our ADRs and I pulled the up online and added Katharina's birthday as a celebration to every single ADR! :wizard: I was honest about the day of her birthday, but still the trip is a celebration for her birthday! I know that she will love being made a fuss of! :lmao:

:eek::scared1::headache:

The picture on the bottom right shows our souvenir shopping!

Unfortunately the t-shirt got lost somehow, can't remember when and where, but I still have the shorts - should I take them with me? :goodvibesThey still fit, or better - they fit me again :woohoo:

Tracy

Actually I am not so sure Katharina will love it. :rolleyes1 But she will humor me. I have the slight suspicion that if it gets too much for her, she might tell them that I am the birthday girl! :scared1:

I'm not so sure either - so thank you for this great ides :lmao:

We have some snow here as well. I just arrived in Nuremberg (using my mom's computer :goodvibes) after a 4.5 hours train trip through wintery Germany. It was so beautiful! Part of the train trip goes through some rather hilly area with lots of woods an little streams that were rather frozen. Besides the snow it was incredibly cold the last few days. On Saturday the high temperature for Berlin was -13 °C, that's about 8 °F - normally that would be the low temperature on cold nights!! :scared1:

Unfortunately it is supposed to become warm again on Tuesday with rain, so we will have lots of ice on the roads on the main travel day. :sad2: I hope Katharina and her DH will arrive safely on Wednesday here in Nuremberg. But they are taking the train as well so it should work out fine! :goodvibes

It was nice and snowy, then it got freezing cold and today it got ugly, rain on the snow and chaotic traffic on the roads, airports and rail tracks :scared1: The train to Bavaria should be fine though, only the regional trains have problems in Berlin... I'm very much looking forward to the journey, train time = time for reading, dreaming, knitting.... :thumbsup2

The pressure is on for me! :laughing: I hope you like them!

I hope so too!:)

It was nice and snowy, then it got freezing cold and today it got ugly, rain on the snow and chaotic traffic on the roads, airports and rail tracks :scared1: The train to Bavaria should be fine though, only the regional trains have problems in Berlin... I'm very much looking forward to the journey, train time = time for reading, dreaming, knitting.... :thumbsup2

There we were praising the German Bahn (= rail service)... :rolleyes1 It turned out that nodnol arrived with a 50 minute delay due to trains being cancelled because of cold weather - very strange indeed since it was much warmer yesterday than the days before. :confused:

We are busy preparing things for tonight, we are soon off to a lunch of Nuremberg sausages and then we will decorate the tree. Here in Germany trees aren't put up until the evening of the 24th when it will be lit up for the first time! We will try to find the time to post a picture later on. :goodvibes

Nuernberger bratwurst - you're killing me! :worship: I wanted to wish you and Nodnol a Frohe Weihnachten and a great time with your family and friends! :) You are getting so close to the trip - I know it must be exciting!

Heather

Nodnol and I wanted to wish all of you Merry Christmas or as we would say here: "Fröhliche Weihnachten!"

We went to church tonight, lighted the candels on our Christmas tree, ditributed Christmas presents and had a wonderful dinner. Even if the food was absolutely untraditional, the rest of the evening was very traditionally German. We are lucky, we don't have to wait until the 25th to get presents. :goodvibes

Now we are about to end the day and are looking forward to two peaceful and quite days of Christmas! :thumbsup2

I hope all of you have wonderful holidays wherever you are and are able enjoy the peaceful time with loved ones! :goodvibes

This is a picture of our Christmas tree before we went off to church. We actually have real candles on it. While not soo common anymore in Germany, my family still does it that way.

image.jpg

And this is a picture of a gift from my father - he was so proud to have found this. :rotfl: Mickey is mine and Pluto is Katharinas:

image-1.jpg

What a beautiful tree! It must look so pretty with the candles lit! :) Do you have a pickle on your tree too?
What did you have for dinner?
Love the gifts from your father! How sweet of him! :goodvibes
Enjoy your holiday with your family! :)

Tracy

What a beautiful tree! It must look so pretty with the candles lit! :) Do you have a pickle on your tree too?
What did you have for dinner?
Love the gifts from your father! How sweet of him! :goodvibes
Enjoy your holiday with your family! :)

Tracy

Thanks for the good wishes, Tracy! Actually, the supposedly "German Christmas pickle" isn't known in Germany... :goodvibes My family however used to have a pickle my sister and I picked up at a Christmas store catering to American tourists and thought it was hilarious that crazy Americans would have pickles on their christmas trees... :rolleyes1:goodvibes

Nodnol and I actually had a special poject for Christmas day dinner this year: a turkey! Not at all common here in Germany. It turned out quite good and we loved the sweet potato casserole! :thumbsup2

Today in one month at this time, Katharina and I are about to land at MCO shortly!! :banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter