Two instances of blatant line cutting this week

First, I'll say I don't like line cutting and I will also stand in the way or put an arm out if I know it's blatant. But I must say that I have a bladder issue and usually can't be away from a bathroom and hour to and hour and a half. Thank goodness I have only had to two this maybe twice, in a super long line, but I have had to get out of line and use the restroom and come back to my family. You guys are scaring me! :worried:

My family and I were in line at Jungle Cruise two weeks ago and we were at the point where you have choose right or left to get through the turnstiles (you were supposed to already be split, but the upstairs part always messes people up) but this group of two moms and 3 kids snuck in from the half door and shoved in front of me and then acted like I was stealing their spot! I believe her exact words were "We have been waiting!!!" umm...no you haven't. My husband started to say something, but I stopped him and let them go ahead. They pretty much had entitlement coming out of their pores (really? matching outfits entirely comprised of lululemon apparel? really?) Anywho, it ended fine, because just before they were to get on the boat, the cm stopped them because the boat was full so they (and we) would have to wait for the next one, so they got out of line and ran off at that point. The whole thing was strange. But hey, we were first on the boat and DS loved chatting with the skipper. I don't get people who cut in line (i feel mortified doing it for a legit reason, like a 3 year old potty emergency) but i'm not going to get upset on vacation. Way better to share the story on the internet after the fact. After all, cutters are not going to reform because you say something to them. They already know it's wrong.

I would have left my family in line and went and found the nearest cm and brought them back and confronted the people breaking in line...

If u call there bluff in front of a cm, most of the time they will fold and leave the line..

And people wonder why this world is going down the tubes because children learn this dishonest behavior from their parents and think its OK.

The world is not going down the tubes. People in the US are far more honest than they used to be. I have noticed far less line cutting than in the past.

I'm not in any way condoning actual cutting (certainly not the blatant cutting in the OP's post here but I wanted to put out there one thing that is worthy of keeping in mind. CM's in city hall do tell people with health problems and non apparent disabilities that they should use the wait-outside-of-the-line-and-catch-up-at-the-front method. This was their first response to me and my 13 year old son a while back (he was 12 at the time). He has Tourettes and OCD and generalized anxiety disorder with panic attacks and he needs to wait in an alternate place for long waits and it was just the 2 of us in the park. At first they said-he seems old enough to wait by himself while you wait in the normal line and he could catch up with you at the front. I said no way would that work because of people thinking he was cutting and if they confronted him he would panic and be in a dangerous situation for his physical and mental health. they agreed with me once I pointed this out but there are surely many others with non apparent disabilities that Disney CM's tell to do this.

I am not saying all people who push through the line are doing it due to a disability but its worth keeping in mind that some may be.

I said no way would that work because of people thinking he was cutting and if they confronted him he would panic and be in a dangerous situation for his physical and mental health. they agreed with me once I pointed this out but there are surely many others with non apparent disabilities that Disney CM's tell to do this

100% true.....not all disabilities are apparent. If someone has never seen or suffered a panic attack they don't understand the gravity/seriousness of them. They are horrible. I'm so sorry your son has to deal with this but how wonderful for him that he is out and about pushing through!

We had our first trip to DL about 3 weeks ago. I will say that we were shocked at the obvious line cutting that we witnessed on just about every ride at DL and CA. We've been to WDW several times and maybe saw it once or twice in the entire week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter