Two Geeks and A 9/16 At-Home Disney-ish Wedding - We're married!

Yay for getting there! Hopefully you get the job and maybe even the promotion! It's not long until Matt gets there now!

Meeeeep pixie dust that this means what we think it means!! pixiedust:pixiedust: And this is for a full time role, not part time right? I read that correctly? Either way, it's fantastic!

Fingers crossed the car situation works itself out. Almost July now!

Yay for getting there! Hopefully you get the job and maybe even the promotion! It's not long until Matt gets there now!

I'll hopefully have the chance to talk to at least one of my chefs tomorrow, so I'll see what they say. And yes! Just 39 days left! :yay: Right now, the plan is for them to get here on 8/9, but I might be able to finagle 8/8. Not sure.

Fingers crossed for the promotion for you! :goodvibes

Thank you! :teeth:
Meeeeep pixie dust that this means what we think it means!! pixiedust:pixiedust: And this is for a full time role, not part time right? I read that correctly? Either way, it's fantastic!

Fingers crossed the car situation works itself out. Almost July now!

As far as I know, it would probably be part time and wait listed for full time. One of the ladies I work with was part time working full time hours and on the wait list for full time. When a FT position opened up, she was automatically re-statused as FT. I think she said it was only a few months. But I'll find out. Either way, I'm taking it, because it's a position, I'd be working for a company I love, and I'll eventually get FT. But if it's already for FT, that would be fabulous!

I know, I'm starting to get really frustrated with it. I contacted one dealer yesterday and they sent me an information sheet detailing the fees that they charge. The car itself would be $900, but the fees would drive it up to $2600. No. Not paying over a thousand dollars just in fees. So I've been emailing someone I found on the Cast classifieds on the Hub, and I'm hoping she'll be able to meet me somewhere on property this week so I can look at her car and maybe buy it. And yes, it'll be July tomorrow! And then I can say Matt will be here next month! :yay:

Exciting times it's all coming together nicely. Congrats on pushing through the tough times to get to this point.

Exciting times it's all coming together nicely. Congrats on pushing through the tough times to get to this point.

Yeah! Just need the car now :teeth: And thank you. These last few weeks since he went back to Chicago have been really difficult for me.

Moving to Florida, Part 4: The Reckoning

Yes, I'm a nerd and using cheesy horror movie titling tropes.

Anyway! On to the stuff!

I just got another call from casting. I am officially approved for cook II (my current position) and am on the wait list for both full time and part time. That being said, my chef had told me that there are almost always part time positions available, so even if it's not at one of the bakeries I chose, I'm pretty sure I'll be going part time immediately after my program ends. I can check from any computer on property, since it's on their internal servers and I can't check it from my home laptop.

Either way, eventually, it'll happen.

:dance3: YAY! :dance3:

So tomorrow, since I'm off, we're going to be doing some housework around the apartment and then I'll head over to DHS to talk to my chef about something and finally get my schedule for next week (it wasn't done for some reason when I left yesterday, and I was also off today). I can check the status of it from there.

Congratulations on securing your current position! I hope that you score a full-time role.

Here's to you getting a car.

Holy crap! I had no idea fees were like that down in FL. That's absurd!!

Yay for almost definitely having a position!! I'm sure there are tons of PT positions everywhere and one will come on quickly.

Congratulations on securing your current position! I hope that you score a full-time role.

Here's to you getting a car.

Thanks! :yay: It's just a wait list, so it'll happen at some point, just a matter of when. One of my coworkers was on the list for three months or so before she got her FT status.

No kidding! A friend of mine from back home just got here for his program and he has a car, so I might be able to get him to go with me one day. Plus, he's 6'6" and intimidating :laughing:

Holy crap! I had no idea fees were like that down in FL. That's absurd!!

Yay for almost definitely having a position!! I'm sure there are tons of PT positions everywhere and one will come on quickly.

It's because Florida has no cap on dealer fees, so they can charge whatever they want as long as people will pay it. I won't, so I'm most likely buying from a private party. I agree that it's absurd, but there's not much I can do about it short of buying from a person and not a dealer.

Yeah, my chef and I were talking about it yesterday and he said that it shouldn't be a problem for me to switch over to PT immediately after my program ends. He thought I'd just applied for FT, but I told him I'd applied for PT as well and he said something should pop pretty quickly.

Congratulations on your new job! I hope you are moved to FT very quickly. party:

Thank you! :yay:

I hope you work out the car thing, and congratulations on a position, whether FT or PT at least it's a start!

Moving to Florida, Part 5: The Beast

Yes, I'm being silly.

But look!

0D206613-4ACC-4298-93E6-748B40FD4456_zpsfu98s8yc.jpg

We have a car!

:yay: :yay:

It cost a bit more than I expected to get it registered and titled and all that (apparently I was misinformed on something), but it's done, it's taken care of, and we have a car. It runs well, it has working AC and a hitchhiking ghost that glows in the dark on the antenna, and I'm gonna stick a "My other car is a Doombuggy" decal on the back window because I'm a nerd.

Wedding Business

We found out yesterday that Disney is now releasing this option for Wishes couples with only an $8500 minimum as long as it's a brunch or lunch wedding on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday with less than 75 guests. Ours meets that criteria. We've been in contact with a sales rep, Michelle, so I'm going to email her about it tomorrow when I get home. That would make it much easier for us to do this. We'd just need to whittle down his side of the guest list (mine's at about 45 right now, and if I take off certain people I don't want there anyway, it'll be about 30-35).

I also contacted a couple of photographers. I really really really love the Roots, but there's just no way we can afford them, not by a long shot. So I emailed Randy Chapman and the Arndts. I'm not really a fan of Randy's style (the excessive editing annoys me), but when we got his email back, I just felt it was very unprofessional. Matt agrees (and about his shooting style), so he's a no. We got an email back from the Arndts and right now, it looks like they're probably going to be our first choice. They're reasonable, we like their style, and they're available on the day at the moment.

A couple weeks ago, I had an email from Torrid about a flash sale going on, so I decided to check it out. I never find white dresses I like in my size that are reasonably priced. Well... They had one. It came in yesterday and it's SO cute. I have to get to bed in a minute, so I'll post a picture of it later, but I've got it in the back of my closet. I figure I can wear it to our rehearsal. I also got a dress that was on clearance for engagement pictures, if we end up going with a photographer who'll include a session. It's cute, it has a black bodice with 3/4 length sleeves and a floral skirt.

That's about all for now. Now off to bed so I can be up at 2:30am for work :scared:

Congratulations on your new car! I'm anxious to see your potential rehearsal dress. I'm sure that Disney will let you switch to the new pricing structure. Keep us updated on your photography search. The Arndts are a great choice!

Congratulations on the car! It looks nice.

YAY for Wedding Business. You need to whittle down guests? Let me know!
Congrats for sorting out the photographer.
Looking forward to seeing the white dress.

Yay for having a car!! That must be a huge relief! Also really exciting that you can take advantage of the new Wishes structure.

Have you looked at Ashley Jane Photography or E Gilbert Photography? I find their styles to be very similar to The Roots and I've heard they're both a lower price point. Just because you mentioned Roots :)

Last edited:
Congratulation on your new car. Enjoy!

Thank you! So far, it's been a little bit of an ordeal. A DIY A/C recharge at $45, new windshield wiper blades at $12, a replacement for a broken seat belt buckle that sometimes stays latched and sometimes not at $30 (it'll hopefully arrive within the next week and then I should be able to fix it myself), and some other things that need to be addressed, including possibly the headlights, but I'll check that in the morning before work. There's a bit of cosmetic stuff that needs to be taken care of, including annoying stickers that the previous owner put on the car.

But still! Car!

Congratulations on your new car! I'm anxious to see your potential rehearsal dress. I'm sure that Disney will let you switch to the new pricing structure. Keep us updated on your photography search. The Arndts are a great choice!

Thank you! :goodvibes I'll be posting a pic of it in just a minute. It's very pretty, and DF loves it (I showed it to him on Skype when it came in). I totally forgot to email our consultant, but it's Friday, so she wouldn't get to it until Monday anyway, so I'll just email her over the weekend. I definitely will! From what I've seen, the Arndts are very good, and we like their style :)

Congratulations on the car! It looks nice.

YAY for Wedding Business. You need to whittle down guests? Let me know!
Congrats for sorting out the photographer.
Looking forward to seeing the white dress.

Thanks! It's a pretty decent little car. It has its issues, but it's also 18 years old, so that's bound to happen.

You're on the list and not leaving it :p The whittling will occur on Matt's side. Mine has been whittled enough (except for the ten people I really don't want there to begin with).

Well, it's not fully sorted. We haven't paid a deposit or anything.

Dress pic is coming in a minute!

Yay for having a car!! That must be a huge relief! Also really exciting that you can take advantage of the new Wishes structure.

Have you looked at Ashley Jane Photography or E Gilbert Photography? I find their styles to be very similar to The Roots and I've heard they're both a lower price point. Just because you mentioned Roots :)

It really is! And I always said I wasn't the person who named their cars, but we totally named this one. I came up with four and he narrowed it down to two, so it is now the Doombuggy. The other option was Baymax. And also, yes, very exciting that we can use the new pricing. I saw Carrie post about it and was like "MUST TEXT MATT OMG".

I haven't! I'll look at them tomorrow, thank you :) I apparently just have expensive taste :lmao:

Dresses! Of The Non-Bridal Variety!

These are the two dresses I mentioned in my previous update. I know you can't see the full thing, but I don't have a full-length mirror here, and my roommates were busy.

IMG_5489_zpsgumosfbv.jpg

This is the possible rehearsal dress. It's knee length and a very soft lace and I just love it. It's just a little off-white, which is fine with me.

IMG_5490_zpsi6hcombn.jpg

And the possible engagement shoot dress. It's also knee-length. It's a little warm, but that's okay. And for once, the tiny belt that comes with a dress FITS ME! This NEVER happens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter