Two Geeks and A 9/16 At-Home Disney-ish Wedding - We're married!

Eeeek, sorry about the wrench in your moving plans. Fingers crossed you can get into the apartment even a few days earlier.

I love that you've stumbled into a BatB theme - that Lenox figure is just plain stunning.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh almost penciling in day! I know there's not much to it, and you'll still be a few months from October and all, but it's so exciting that it's almost time for you to reach out to DFTW!

We'll make it work :)

I know, it amuses me :lmao: I just love that piece. It's so pretty! The first time I saw it, I was nervous about showing it to DF because I didn't want him to get weirded out by it, since it was still a while before we got engaged.

Penciling in day is also my "going to Casting to apply" day! But yeah, just a few more months and we can actually book. I'm so excited :teeth:

A few hiccups. Nothing to it. You guys will be fine. I really hope you can get in the place sooner then later.
Seriously, if you 2 can get thru all of this, you are going to be fine. : )

Love the figurine!

We've gotten this far, we can get the rest of the way. Whenever something comes up like this and one of us starts getting worried, the other tells the other that we'll figure it out.

Me too! :yay:

I changed the name of our PJ. The reason for this is that after doing a quick Google search, I found that this was the first listing with just searching for our names, the year, and "Disney wedding". So I changed the title of the PJ. It still describes us, as we are a couple of geeks. I would rather not chance having our family find this. So, name change.

How did you change the name? I'm trying to change mine and can't! I also can't get the ticker to show correctly or change my profile picture. And you are so organized with all of these links! I clearly need to practice because I can't figure out any of that stuff!

Like I said, we'll see. I'm not intending at all to spend thousands on my dress. My mom graciously offered to pay for my dress, so I'm not spending more than $1500 at the absolute most, and that's only if I love the Belle or Cinderella dress. Aside from that, $1000 or under.

I thought I would LOVE the Disney dresses.. and they're beautiful! But I found one under 1000 that I loved and I couldn't justify the extra price tag. I still bought it at Alfred Angelo. I'd love to show it to you but it won't let me upload photos either. I thought I was more tech saavy than this... wth?

Well I'm glad things are moving along. Sorry about the hiccups. I can't quite fathom what is going on with the apartments, but I guess that is the difference between renting from a huge corporation and people like me and Fran. But whatever. I hope it all works out and you guys get your apartment and he gets his job, and you get yours.

How did you change the name? I'm trying to change mine and can't! I also can't get the ticker to show correctly or change my profile picture. And you are so organized with all of these links! I clearly need to practice because I can't figure out any of that stuff!

When you go to the top of your thread, the very first post, there's a little link at the top right corner that says "Thread Tools". Click on that and the "Edit title" option will show up :) As for the ticker, are you sure you have the right coding in for it? Most ticker sites give you like four options for the coding (HTML and BBS boards, usually), so if you grabbed the wrong one, you may need to see if you can get the right one.

I try to be organized! I know that reading these can be tiresome when they get lengthy, and it also helps me stay on track of where things are. I like to keep things organized. It's just how I am.

I thought I would LOVE the Disney dresses.. and they're beautiful! But I found one under 1000 that I loved and I couldn't justify the extra price tag. I still bought it at Alfred Angelo. I'd love to show it to you but it won't let me upload photos either. I thought I was more tech saavy than this... wth?

I love the look of the original Cinderella dress, but it didn't look right on me. It just felt like a costume, and made me look a little bit pregnant. I think the Dis has just been finicky lately. I don't bother with trying to upload things directly to it and just put everything on Photobucket and link to it. Much easier.

Well I'm glad things are moving along. Sorry about the hiccups. I can't quite fathom what is going on with the apartments, but I guess that is the difference between renting from a huge corporation and people like me and Fran. But whatever. I hope it all works out and you guys get your apartment and he gets his job, and you get yours.

Apparently they're doing a little maintenance or repainting or something in the apartment between tenants? I dunno. But they were the only one that was in a reasonable area with a rent in our budget and availability for August. We are definitely set at least for August 10, and my contact said that it doesn't look like we'll be able to get in any earlier. But that's okay. We'll make it work.

Apparently they're doing a little maintenance or repainting or something in the apartment between tenants? I dunno. But they were the only one that was in a reasonable area with a rent in our budget and availability for August. We are definitely set at least for August 10, and my contact said that it doesn't look like we'll be able to get in any earlier. But that's okay. We'll make it work.

I guess they put them up when they go vacant, and anticipate the renovation time. We don't put them up until they are move in ready so that might be the difference. We don't like to anticipate or promise. The only time that we put them up when not completely ready is if there are things that can be finished in one or two days, so that if the tenant puts in the application, by the time that they are approved (which is within 48 hours of application date), we will have the place ready to move in with 48 hours of approval.

We like things to be swift and quickly approved. I have had tenants apply and be approved and then back out before the sign in, so we don't count on anything until we have their deposit and first months rent in the bank and cleared. I'm glad you have a contract and everything ready to go. Whatever you need to do, I'm sure you'll make it work!

I guess they put them up when they go vacant, and anticipate the renovation time. We don't put them up until they are move in ready so that might be the difference. We don't like to anticipate or promise. The only time that we put them up when not completely ready is if there are things that can be finished in one or two days, so that if the tenant puts in the application, by the time that they are approved (which is within 48 hours of application date), we will have the place ready to move in with 48 hours of approval.

We like things to be swift and quickly approved. I have had tenants apply and be approved and then back out before the sign in, so we don't count on anything until we have their deposit and first months rent in the bank and cleared. I'm glad you have a contract and everything ready to go. Whatever you need to do, I'm sure you'll make it work!

Yeah, I don't know what the reason is for the delay. I'm assuming it's renovation, but I don't know for sure. We were approved very quickly, and we had the deposit paid in a few days. They haven't asked for the first month's rent yet, so I figure we'll pay that when we sign the lease unless they ask for it sooner.

Ouch! A gap of 10 days. :sad1:

I hope you sort it out.

YAY for the Lennox.

Well, right now the plan is still for him to leave Chicago on the 31st and stay with his parents for a few days. They're going to be down here on 8/9, since he absolutely has to be there with me first thing on the 10th so that we can sign paperwork and all that. I'm good in housing until 11am on the 7th, so I'm just going to stay at a hotel for a few days until we can move in. I'll have the 7th and 8th to myself and then they'll be here on the 9th at some point, so it's just a couple days.

Yes, yay for the Lenox :teeth:

Stuff! And Things!

So today was our penciling in day! I called a couple of hours ago, so we are officially in their system now. They said it'll take a few days to get a call back, which is fine. But yay! :yay: :yay: I haven't spoken to DF yet since I called them, but he should be off work soon just texted me, so we'll discuss it.

In other news, remember those Belle Vans I ordered? They arrived today.

They are SO cute.

B9AFC4B0-5C20-4D54-B8FA-E2F51628326F_zpsi5jt3xnz.jpg

I love the box! Even the tissue paper they wrap the shoes in has character silhouettes.

C32E2F1E-B257-4A41-A12C-65D8E0F558BA_zpsby4m9i3d.jpg

They really are very cute.

E56AF0CE-5AA6-4BD2-A090-20808A22D174_zpssu9khhlt.jpg

The back.

Buuuut... I have to return them.

I have old, repetitive ankle injuries, which is why I can't wear heels for the wedding. Because of all the times I've sprained or rolled my ankle, I have a hard time finding slip on shoes that fit properly. I thought these might, but they don't. So sometime in the next few days, I'm going to see if my roommate can give me a ride over to the Mall at Millennia so I can return them. The Belle shoes don't come in a lace-up, so it looks like I'm going back to my original idea of Converse.

But they really are very cute!

Those Vans are soooo cute. Such a shame you have to return them. Hope the Converse works out.

I know, I love them :sad: But they're very difficult for me to get on, and are uncomfortable once they're on. So back to Vans they go. I just wish they had a lace-up one.

I'll be fine with Converse. I've been wearing them periodically since I was in high school, and that was my original idea anyway. I can either have a pair custom made, or just buy the stock purple ones they sell online (and in some stores). Once I get my car, depending on how much money I have left over, I might go ahead and buy the jewelry I want. It's not expensive, I'm just trying to pick up what I can now, before things start getting insane :lmao:

I'm sorry the Vans didn't work out! As an almost exclusive Converse wearer for sneakers (I had to invest in "normal" sneakers this year) I think Chucks are gorgeous with wedding gowns. Hey, you've got plenty of time to decide on whatever you want!

Hooray for being penciled in! :goodvibes

Sorry the Vans didn't work. :( I wish they made every style of the Disney ones in both the slip-on and the laces. I really want the Donald ones, but I think I'd like the slip-ons better. But I think chucks look really cute with wedding dresses and they make them in almost every color you can think of, so you have plenty of variety. :)

I'm sorry the Vans didn't work out! As an almost exclusive Converse wearer for sneakers (I had to invest in "normal" sneakers this year) I think Chucks are gorgeous with wedding gowns. Hey, you've got plenty of time to decide on whatever you want!

Yeah, me too. But such is life. Matt was trying to talk me into seeing if I can break them in, but that won't make a difference. And once I break them in, I can't return them.

I used to wear nothing but Converse :laughing: I swap my shoes out depending on what I can afford at the time, usually. Right now I have two pairs of shoes from Walmart. But yeah, most likely going with Converse :)

Hooray for being penciled in! :goodvibes

Sorry the Vans didn't work. :( I wish they made every style of the Disney ones in both the slip-on and the laces. I really want the Donald ones, but I think I'd like the slip-ons better. But I think chucks look really cute with wedding dresses and they make them in almost every color you can think of, so you have plenty of variety. :)

Yup! :yay: :dance3:

Me too. I'm kind of used to slip ons not fitting, but I thought those ones might. I also knew I could return them if necessary. The Donald ones are really cute! I also really like the Pooh ones, but I'd probably never wear them. So yeah, I'm just gonna order some purple Converse when I get around to it.

I'm happy you found an apartment and got penciled in with Disney. The Vans are adorable.

The Vans are adorable. I'm sorry you have to return them. I hope everything with the move goes well!

You might want to keep an eye out at the Converse outlet store too! I know there's one in the outlets on 535, and I think there might be one in the outlets on Vineland too. They have good deals sometimes, I think.

You might want to keep an eye out at the Converse outlet store too! I know there's one in the outlets on 535, and I think there might be one in the outlets on Vineland too. They have good deals sometimes, I think.

Thanks! I think there's one at the outlets right by housing. I'm actually heading over there later today to see if one of the stores there has something a friend of mine asked me to look for. I also have to go to the mall to return the shoes today, since the outlet doesn't take online returns :headache:

Moving to Florida: Part 3

On Sunday morning before work, I put in for full time (and part time, just in case) as a pastry cook II, which is what I'm currently working as. Yesterday, I went to check on it and add something to it, since I'd forgotten to do it on Sunday (I added a non-pastry role, on the chance that nothing was available). I saw that the new role I'd added was under the "pending" tab, so I poked at the other tabs, out of curiosity. Under "active" was my pastry request. It said to call Casting to schedule an interview.

:eek:

So I did that when I got home from work. They offered me the first available phone interview, which was for an hour and a half after I got off the phone. I then proceeded to panic a bit for the next hour and a half.

When the call came, I went through the questions she asked me. It was mostly a sort of "in this season, what would you make" thing, as well as a couple of technical questions. Finally, she told me that I was approved for cook II, and asked why I hadn't applied for cook I, because she thinks I'm qualified. :eek: Cook I is a promotion, as well as a little more money per hour. I explained that I hadn't been sure if I was qualified for it or not. She said that she was going to get in touch with my chef and see if he'd support me in going for cook I, but that I was definitely approved for cook II.

So... I think I got the job? I'm not entirely sure yet, but it really sounds like I did. I'm off work today, so I'll speak to my chef when I go in tomorrow and find out what exactly is the next step.

:jumping1:

Once I hung up the phone, I was completely on edge and couldn't stop pacing. My roommate jokingly asked if I wanted an Ativan. I texted Matt to call me when he got out of work, and once he did, I told him what happened. So that's that, I guess. I think I got it, but I'm not completely sure yet. And we still have to figure out which location Matt's transferring to with his employer. And find a car. Every dealership car is out of our price range (especially because Florida doesn't have a cap on dealer fees and some of them double the cost of the car), and the few individual sellers I've contacted have fallen through for one reason or another. So this is just driving me crazy.

But we're getting there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter