Two Delicious Birthdays - 8 Days DxDDP/CL - UPDATE 7/12 Sci Fi!!

That picture of the Tavern Fried Cheese is killing me!!!! It is sooooo good!! LTT's burger is also fantastically good - lunch there is one of my WDW favorites!! Carry on with the great reviews and pictures!!:goodvibes

We arrived a bit early to because we were hungry. I had a horrible headache and thought food would help. We were unaware of how they did their seatings and ended up having to wait anyway. As we stood outside, I got bit in the face by a bug and it swelled up. Nice. So our names were called and we got our picture with Belle. I had a big red mark on my face, and my purse didn't match my outfit--thanks for the ugly picture. It was "free" so it'll go in my box and I'll pull it out and laugh at it every so often :) Snow White however told me I was wearing purple, the color of royalty, lol. All the princesses asked me if I brought my prince to dinner with me and offered to take a picture. We weren't feeling pictures that night, so I lied and said I didn't have my camera. I actually had both of our iPhones and my kodak playsport. To be honest... the princesses looked pretty shabby. I've seen costumes/makeup looking pretty close to perfect. The girls they had were no where close. I'm sure a 4 year old wouldn't notice--but I was just kind of shocked on how their character selection has gone downhill. Snow White was the best/closest looking one. When we are at a character meal we always get pics with Goofy, Minnie, etc. Just wasn't feeling it. So on to the meal :)

We chose iced teas (I took some Advil) and ventured to the buffet appetizer bar:

IMG_1180.jpg

Entree:
We both ordered the Pork Chop with Apple Raisin Chutney and Au Gratin Potatoes. Yum this was good. We enjoyed it very much. As the main course is starting, the princesses are starting to roam around. Again, sorry it was so dark in there!!

IMG_1181.jpg

It really was good--I would get it again. Probably won't return till have a little girl (I'm not holding my breath) but it was cute, and the food was good. Just a lot going on. Picture with Belle, getting seated, going to buffet for appies, Ariel, Snow White, Jasmine, and Aurora coming to the closely placed tables, then they interrupt you again with your photo. It's all just very distracting. Not somewhere to go to relax!! Very glad we went for the experience though.

Apparently I was so distracted by the hustle and bustle, my headache and the giant welt on my face that I forgot to take a picture of dessert. It was a sampler of 3 little desserts served on one plate for us to share. I remember eating the chocolate one and fruit from another. Not bad, but not memorable. I really liked my pork chop and potatoes.

Bottom line: If you have a little girl... you have to go here.

Next Up: Cape May Cafe Breakfast!

Hello everyone! Sorry for keeping y'all waiting, but wow what a busy week! I had intentions on busting a lot out last night, but I was watching my DVR'd Grey's Anatomy and it was so disturbing I couldn't function well enough to multi-task. What a crazy finale!! So my goal tonight is to get at least 3 restaurants done. So stay tuned! I'm finishing up my dinner and I'll be right on it!!

We moved this breakfast to Monday instead of Sunday because we were running on no sleep the day of arrival. Because of my medical issues I hadn't had the energy to pack, and he works until 5am on Friday night/Saturday morning. So I got 2 hours of sleep at home (he got none) and we both got an hour or so on the plane. So my genius plan was to move it to Monday. Welllll I didn't look to see that the Magic Kingdom was open till 1am on Sunday night and we didn't get back to our room till about 1:15. Lol, breakfast was at 7:30am and we arrived at 8:00. They were so nice about it and said it happens all the time. Planning mishap #2: It was Typhoon Lagoon day and I had on my swim suit, cover up (not the cutest outfit), undone hair and no makeup. I was not exactly picture perfect for the characters and it made me sad, lol. I'm very weird about my makeup/hair and outfit in pictures and I dropped the ball on this one. Lesson learned. The characters were awesome and fun!! I had been here for dinner before, but this was my first breakfast experience here.

Aside from all that... the food was great. Great variety, fresh, and we had a great server. I love mini Mickey waffles with their Strawberry/Banana topping. It was delicious!! MMM!!!

IMG_1189.jpg

We tried a bit of everything. He likes their cornbread and asparagus. I didn't care much for any of the eggs on property. I am weird about having real eggs. Everything else was good :) I had some fruit too, but I pick at lots of different food and didn't take pix of everything. We both had OJ, he had an iced tea and I drank my weight in coffee, lol. I was still tired and needed a boost! I definately recommend this for a breakfast. I like it better than Chef Mickey's for sure.

I haven't heard too much about this place. We looked at the menu and thought it looked like something we'd like. We also liked the fact they don't take reservations so we didn't have to lock down a time to be back from Typhoon Lagoon. We were starving at noon from swimming, so we left Typhoon Lagoon and arrived at the Boardwalk. It wasn't too busy, but there were some people inside and some were outside on the patio. We took an inside seat. We ordered iced teas, and he got a blueberry beer and loved it. I don't drink beer so I don't know too much about that... but he had 2 and really really liked them.

Appetizers:
IMG_1195.jpg

Okay, so we dug in before we took the pics, but it was yummy! I couldn't decide if I wanted beef or chicken nachos, so they gave me half and half!! So nice!! I got them with cheese and meat only because all that other junk they normally have on it... is not for me! He got the chicken quesadilla and had it finished within a few minutes. He said it was sooo good, then he started on my nachos and wouldn't stop :) Appies were goooooood!!!

Entrees:
IMG_1196.jpg

Dave ordered the Kobe burger with chips. He had trouble ordering because he wanted to try so many options. He has wanted to try a Kobe burger for a while, so he figured he would while he had the chance. I got the New York Strip with Shrimp Scampi. The steak was better than my mess at Le Cellier :) and the shrimp... OH MY the shrimp were fantastic!! The garlic mashed potatoes were yum too! I'm not a snap pea fan, but Dave said they were great. We both can't wait to come back here. I'm getting my same meal, and he wants to try more stuff!! How could this have gotten any better??

Dessert!!!!!
We both got the Chocolate Confusion. We were so full, but it was a nice sweet way to end our meal.
IMG_1197.jpg

If you haven't tried Big River Grille, I highly recommend it!

After this we waddled back to our room at the Yacht Club and took a 4 hour nap :) It was amazing. We woke up in time to fix ourselves up and go downstairs to Captain's Grille. So that'll be up next!!

Don't hear many reports on Big River! With all the talk of LeCellier possibly becoming a Signature, if we decide to still do it, we'll need an OOP dinner. I was thinking Beaches n Cream, but maybe Big River should be it! (Can always go over to Beaches for dessert!) Those nachos looks right up my alley.

So we got up from our nap, nipped on a few club lounge offerings and got ready to go to dinner downstairs. There's something about water park days that make you soooo hungry!! We checked in about 7:45 for our 8:00pm reservation so we went to play checkers in the Yacht Club lobby. We weren't very far into him beating me, lol and our buzzer went off. Going in, we both had studied the menu and knew what we wanted to eat :) The plan was to eat, then go to Downtown Disney to shop! It wasn't extremely busy in the restaurant, but I would call it steady.

The waitress came over after a few minutes and got our iced tea orders (of course). She brought the drinks and the bread and said she'd be right back for our orders. She had a few tables, including a table of 10 next to us. We kind of knew we were doomed, but nothing could stand between me and my crab legs.... I was pumped.

So I'm a bread monster, but get nervous with brown breads because I'm always scared of rye. I don't like the icky flavor, so I almost immediately turned my nose up at it... until David told me it was multi grain and I'd like it. Hmmmm I found my new favorite bread--this bread is also out in the Club Lounge for dinner offerings and I was just finding this out!!! MMMM. I ate this every night after :)

IMG_1198.jpg

So our waitress comes back gets our order. I knew what I was getting, but Dave was caught between a few options. I convinced him on the pork chop because I believe it was a MickeyNicki review that said it was really good (and I wanted a bite!!). A bit later, our appetizers came out:

IMG_1199.jpg

Dave went with the Caeser Salad and really enjoyed it. I went with the Crab Cake. I'm rather picky about crab cakes, and normally only love them from a restaurant called the Bonefish Grille here in the area.... but this bypassed and took the lead as my favorite crab cake. Yum!! I like the crispy outside and the flavor was just awesome. We finished our appetizers, I had some more bread.... just waiting for our dinner. At this point I felt like we should be further along... were we going to make it to Downtown Disney?? The waitstaff were preparing for the next morning. They were filling sugar, setting tables, taking drink menus off tables, etc. I just wanted my crab legs!!

Dinner was finally served:
IMG_1200.jpg

Dave's Pork Chops with fingerling potatoes with apples and bacon---OMG yum!! I thought I liked the pork chop at Akershus? This was great!! He voted it was better as well. Not that the other was bad, because we really liked it--this was just superb!! I had the Crab Legs with Red Potatoes and Corn on the Cob. Everything was cooked perfectly! So good!! I have to have my crab legs in every trip and tonight was my night. All around just yum yum yum!! Most likely my favorite food :) We were so engrossed in our meal that it didn't bother us that the waitstaff were still getting ready for the next morning's breakfast. We both cleaned our plates (which is rare especially for me) and we were ready for something sweet.

Our waitress eventually came over, took our dessert order and several minutes later brought it out. I wasn't really sure what I had ordered, lol, just knew it had chocolate in it.

IMG_1201.jpg

His was a double chocolate cheesecake with berries, mine was a chocolate something or the other (can't find it on the menu). I thought from the picture it was ice cream balls, but they were actually little chocolate creme puffs... and I'm not a fan of creme puffs. Oh well, it was pretty, and I tried it. Not like I wasn't headed to Goofy's Candy Co in a few minutes.

We got the check and I looked at the time... we were there for two hours and 15 minutes!!! Downtown Disney was closing soon!! I never imagined we'd be there that long. Let me say that the service was not bad, it was just slow. Our waitress was very nice, it was just a long drawn out process. In the future I may just make an earlier reservation so it's not near set-up time. We are trying lunch here in November. I want that crab cake and bread again!!!

Of the whole trip, this was my #2 favorite meal. My favorite 1 credit meal yet. Very Very Good.

We did make it to Downtown Disney. I got a gingerbread man, rice krispy treat and a milk chocolate/peanut butter chip pretzel. So I was okay for sweets since I didn't like that chocolate pastry dessert. We didn't make it too far with our time crunch, but I got a glittery zip up hoodie I've wanted for a while from World of Disney, and I ran into Basin for some more bath bombs, a massage bar and a lip balm for Dave. I'm so addicted to their stuff!! Okay, well stay tuned our favorite meal is rapidly approaching!!

Up Next:
Kona Breakfast!

I have long awaited this breakfast :) I had dreams of Tonga Toast for months leading up to this!! We took the bus to the Magic Kingdom and took the monorail over to Poly. We were a bit late due to the transportation system... but it happens... we're on vacation. I was a little nervous about being late, but it was a Tuesday morning and it wasn't busy at all.

Dave gets an iced tea and some kind of crazy juice called Lilikoi (which he liked). I went with Kona coffee (omg yum) and orange juice. I drank a lot of coffee... it was very very good. Service was very good. Meals were served prompt and we were in and out. Very good since we wanted to start our day!!

IMG_1202.jpg

Surprise! I got the Tonga Toast with ham!! Okay, lets talk about this. It was interesting, a bit odd, and I'm not sure I ever mad a clear decision about it. The banana stuffing was very hot, and the toast itself was very sweet. I took a bite and while I was deciding if I like it or not, I ate all the ham which was very yummy. It filled me up, so I continued to pick at the toast. I ate the inside filling, and concluded that warm banana is not for me. I'm picky-what can i say?? It wasn't bad, it was unique. I'm really glad I tried it.

IMG_1203.jpg

He had Steak and Eggs with potatoes and a biscuit. He enjoyed his breakfast steak just as much has his Kona dinner steak! He doesn't eat eggs, so those were pushed aside. It looked really good too!! He likes everything about Kona for Breakfast and Dinner. High recommendations from him!

Like I said before, we arrived, good service, ate, and went on with our day!! Nice to have a quick table service!!

Next Up:
Nine Dragons!!

Yay! More great reviews :thumbsup2 I have to say that Tonga Toast was something I was really looking forward to the most on our trip last Nov, and I really did like it, but didn't care for the warm bananas either. I also didn't eat the strawberry sauce, but DS sure did eat it up! :goodvibes Can't wait for more review! :surfweb:

I have long awaited this breakfast :) I had dreams of Tonga Toast for months leading up to this!! We took the bus to the Magic Kingdom and took the monorail over to Poly. We were a bit late due to the transportation system... but it happens... we're on vacation. I was a little nervous about being late, but it was a Tuesday morning and it wasn't busy at all.

Dave gets an iced tea and some kind of crazy juice called Lilikoi (which he liked). I went with Kona coffee (omg yum) and orange juice. I drank a lot of coffee... it was very very good. Service was very good. Meals were served prompt and we were in and out. Very good since we wanted to start our day!!

IMG_1202.jpg

Surprise! I got the Tonga Toast with ham!! Okay, lets talk about this. It was interesting, a bit odd, and I'm not sure I ever mad a clear decision about it. The banana stuffing was very hot, and the toast itself was very sweet. I took a bite and while I was deciding if I like it or not, I ate all the ham which was very yummy. It filled me up, so I continued to pick at the toast. I ate the inside filling, and concluded that warm banana is not for me. I'm picky-what can i say?? It wasn't bad, it was unique. I'm really glad I tried it.

IMG_1203.jpg

He had Steak and Eggs with potatoes and a biscuit. He enjoyed his breakfast steak just as much has his Kona dinner steak! He doesn't eat eggs, so those were pushed aside. It looked really good too!! He likes everything about Kona for Breakfast and Dinner. High recommendations from him!

Like I said before, we arrived, good service, ate, and went on with our day!! Nice to have a quick table service!!

Next Up:
Nine Dragons!!

we are big Tonga Toast fans. Last trip we got an order to share and we also got the pineapple macademia nut pancakes OMG OMG they should be illegal thay are soo good. I can't wait to get them again.

I feel like to be a true Dis'er, you have to try the classics-- Tonga toast, Dole Whip! Glad you tried it even if you weren't a big fan-- glad you liked the ham and it filled you up! That fresh pineapple on your plate looks really yummy, as do your husband's potatoes!

He didn't show back up until dessert time. Oh and might I mention... my medium/medium well was also served well done. Lame!! Why!! I want to like this place!!

So we choked down our meals, kinda mad, very thirsty... and basically just disgusted. Service was bad, food was bad--maybe something sweet will be nice. When the waiter asked how we liked our meals, we advised that we didn't. He said we should have told him so he could fix it... well we would have if he would have come around.

Oh man! We have planned Le Cellier for our last dinner. :scared1: That meat looks soooo overcooked. Who likes overcooked beef? I mean, I've never heard, "I loved my overcooked beef." Anyways, I hope the rest of your meals were better than that!

Love your reviews! Please keep them coming! I am feeling very sad that I don't have a trip booked

Just fantastic so far. Sorry to hear about Le Cel, that steak looks like something as dry and tasteless as you would get at Goldan Corral.

Cant wait to read more!

I can't believe the bad service you had. We had the best service every in Disney at Le Celliers. Our server was very attentive and fast. Hope when we go back we get what we had and not you sorry to say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter