Two Delicious Birthdays - 8 Days DxDDP/CL - UPDATE 7/12 Sci Fi!!

LuvLuvLuv

DIS Veteran
Hi! May 8-15 we will be at the YC/CL celebrating my 27th, his 30th, him graduating from college, and a much needed break from a stressful year! He doesn't know we're staying club level yet, but he has mentioned it a time or two and that's his BIG surprise. We're both so excited to try the DxDDP! We had the DDP last time, and we just didn't love counter service. We like to relax and be waited on! Well here's our chance! Lots of pictures to come in the following few weeks!! Enjoy!!

Here's the plan:
(I will try to update the links soon, I'm way behind)

Saturday:
Lunch: 50s Prime Time
Dinner: LeCellier

Sunday:
Breakfast: Cape May Cafe (this gets moved to Monday)
Lunch: Liberty Tree
Dinner: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Monday:
Breakfast: Club Level
Lunch: Big River Grille
Dinner: Captain's Grille

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Kona Cafe
Lunch: Nine Dragons (and Boulangerie Patisserie)
----->> Beaches and Cream
Dinner: Yachtsman Steakhouse

Wednesday:
Lunch: Restaurant Marrakesh (this turns into Mama Melrose)
Dinner: Narcoossee's

Thursday:
Breakfast: Tusker House
Lunch: Yak n Yeti
Dinner: Les Chefs de France

Friday:
Lunch: Raglan Road
Dinner: Jiko

Saturday:
Lunch: Sci Fi

Up Next:
Previous Meals and Comments!
:cheer2:

Hi!!! Just wanted to say have a great trip and can't wait to read your reviews!!!! This sounds like SUCH an exciting trip!!!! You get to surprise him with CL!!! AMAZING!!!!! We stayed CL for our Disneymoon and we are HOOKED!! Your ADRs look great as well. We're also trying Yachtsman Steakhouse on our June trip. Can't wait to do DxDDP as well!!! :cool1::cool1::yay::yay:

So last trip, in November, we had the DDP. We didn't put too much research into the restaurants, and were just picking random places for counter service. We just didn't have much of a plan. Boy did that turn around for this trip!! Here's what we did last time:

Counter Service:
ABC Commissary - We actually liked it--it was quick and good.
Cantina de San Angel - This was my favorite counter service, I love nachos!
Liberty Inn - Eh, we weren't super big fans of this place, totally average.
Cosmic Rays - Again, very average.... but yay for fries and cheese sauce!!
Yak n Yeti Counter Service - this was DBF's favorite counter service, he had the beef.

Table Service:
Cape May Cafe - My Favorite!! This buffet was great, fresh and I love seafood!
Planet Hollywood - This was good. So loud, and so much to look at!
Crystal Palace - Ugh, Awful, We hated this place. The food was terrible-- but we got cute pix with Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet
Teppan Edo - We really it here, interaction was great, food was amazing!
Kona Cafe - DBF's favorite meal!! Great steaks!!!
Tony's Town Square - Very yummy! We liked very much!

Only a week and a half to go!! And when we get back, I'll be able to get my ADRs for November!! Always planning!

Our family will be there too @ POP celebrating DH & I 15 years of being married and not strangling him. LOL. Also celebrating DD's 8th birthday. I wanted to eat a LeCellier but couldn't get a ressie to save my life..

Have a wonderful time!

Well Hello! What a great trip!! I can't wait to get into all the details!! We arrived in Cincinnati about 6pm tonight, got home to see our little doggy that missed us, and ordered a pizza. I've since then taken a few benedryl since the Sci Fi menu doesn't mention that the Peanut Butter/Chocolate cake is made with walnuts in it (not just scattered around--which I kinda freaked out when I saw)... and I'm infested with itchy hives from just one bite--one more bite and my throat would have closed up, lol. I even looked at the menu when we left there to assure I wasn't going crazy. If a dessert is 1/3 walnuts, you would assume it would be mentioned somewhere in the description. Anyway. I'm catching up on DVR, unloading the phones, cameras and camcorders on to the pc, and photobucket--and I'd say starting tomorrow we will be getting a jump on 7 nights/8 days of deluxe dining, club level and some snacks :)

Adding to my previous allergy rant.... I'm allergic to lots of things. Most of them give me hives which I can stand if I really want the food (I'm 27, I know my limits for the most part). Tree nuts are my major issue and will normally close up my throat. I've been to Disney enough that I'm aware of what they do when you're allergic to stuff. They talk to you, then send the chef out, then possibly tell you not to order something you want. With the exception of Teppan Edo (because of the mushrooms for the whole table touching your stuff on the grill), I normally just carefully look over the menu and ask to go without things that may be in question. This has worked pretty well for me, except for twice this week. Something early in the week made my throat swell for 2 days--I had benedryl with me and it wasn't awful, just annoying. Thinking back--it may have even been a clumsy mishap with chlorine and humunga kowabunga, lol---let's just not place blame on that one since I can't really put my finger on what it may have been. I'll check through the pictures and maybe it'll jog my memory :)

Alright, well get ready! Pix and reviews on the way!!
Have a good night everyone!
:cheer2:

Okay! So we were on the Magical Express bus to the Yacht Club, and I was organizing my paperwork in my folder and Dave swiped the coupon folder from me, and saw we were staying Club Level Garden View and he was sooooooo excited!! So we arrived, they said our room wasn't quite ready--which was okay because we only had a few minutes to get over to Hollywood Studios for our reservation for 50's Prime Time. We left our stuff with bell services and got on the boat. While we were eating, conceirge sent a text that our room was ready. We were given an amazing upgrade to a lagoon view right outside the lounge. It was so surprising! Upon our arrival back to the room there were birthday cards for both of us, a graduation card for him, balloons with candy and a hidden mickey book for Dave. We weren't expecting any of this. It was just amazing Pixie Dust and we knew we would have a great trip ahead of us!!

So here's our first meal:

I'm not good with names, but we had a male server who introduced us to everyone we sat around. It was fun, we kept our elbows off the table and he wasn't too overbearing about finishing meals, etc. It was fun, but not too much for 2 adults. We saw some wait staff that we may have been annoyed by--but it may have been fun for kids.

We both got cherry cokes to start.

IMG_1164.jpg

I had Chicken Noodle Soup, he had a Mixed Green Salad. Both were great! I don't eat lettuce or most things on salads... so he will eat lots when he's here since he doesn't get them at home :) I am picky and allergic to lots... so I ask for plain and altered meals :)

IMG_1165.jpg

Entree: I had Pot Roast with Mashed Potatoes. Very good home cooked feel. Nice and tender and delish Mashed Potatoes. If I came here again... I would get this.

IMG_1166.jpg

He had the Chicken Sandwich and subbed Onion Rings for the fries. He liked it. It was a little dry, but it was a sandwich and we were starving :) The onion rings on the other hand, were Fantastic!!! Yum!!

IMG_1167.jpg

Dessert: I had Apple Cobbler and it was so good! I was very full and tried to finish as much as I could! He had a Boston Creme Cupcake and he said it was delicious. Tasted just like a Boston Creme Pie!

We are on a mission to try all the restaurants before repeating too many. We both enjoyed our meals here, but don't think it will be an immediate repeat. It would be fun with kids.

.... and this is what we came back to:

IMG_2038.jpg

View from the Room

100_0064.jpg

Our room was above the lobby on the 5th (top) floor all the way on the left. It was room 5171. You can see it in the corner :)

Next Up: Le Cellier

Everything looked yummy at 50's Prime Time Cafe. We've never eaten there before and I think we might have to give it a try. Your room was awesome. I can't wait to read more!

Awesome start, but sorry to hear about the walnuts! I'm glad we went with 50's over Sci-Fi. Your meal looks delish and very homey. Looking forward to the rest. :thumbsup2

Great review so far! Can't wait to read more. You're dining at a lot of places we have adr's for in August!

Yay you're back!!!! Sooo sorry to hear about the walnuts!! That's awful that it wasn't written in the description :confused3 WOW about the pixie dust in the room!!! How amazing!!! I probably would have cried too lol. Can't wait to read more!!! :yay:

Great start and awesome pixie dust!! I have 50's PT on my list for next trip - I think our DS would really get a kick out of it and play up a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter