Twin Sisters on the Fantasy - Eastern Caribbean

Yeah, we had to pay for the smoothees. The one in St. Martin was 4 euros (5 dollars) and the one on board was 4.75 I think.

Your pictures are great and your formal dresses are beautiful! Very pretty ladies...very pretty.

Thanks!

2nd sea day

After the busy day at St. Thomas and around the ship the day before, it was nice to have a day when we could sleep in and relax. The problem is...I don't exactly remember what we did this day lol. I asked DS and she doesn't really remember either.:confused3 I will try to reconstruct my memory through our photos and videos.

I think we got up and had some breakfast at Royal Court. Then. time for more atrium pics!

There..lots of detail on Mademoiselle Minnie:cool1:

Then we decided to buy some prints we wanted to get framed at Shutters. Some for our parents and some for ourselves. While we were up there, we staked out a place to watch Jack-Jack's Diaper Dash to be mc'ed by CM Anthony again..we waved down to him:wave2: and gave him a "woop-woop" (he told people to do this whenever they saw him).

There was only one trouble...no babies showed up for the diaper dash!

Calling once, Calling twice...no babies! So Anthony got some teenagers and adults to do it and announced them as "previous, returning champions"! I think a teenager won and got the diaper dash trophy:lmao:

We then went and did another Mid-Ship detective agency game - the case of the stolen puppies:

video

and took video of some enchanted artwork. I love this one...reminds
me of a certain ride ;)

Then it was time for Palo Brunch:woohoo: We went back to our rooms
and changed into something semi-formal (what a coincidence, tonight was semi-formal night as well. Aren't we good planners?)

Food pics ahoy!

Everything from the buffet was great..and some was super good! We shared tips after our first round (i.e. did you know this pastry also has strawberry inside) and went back for seconds.

Then it was time for our entrees...and already I was almost full!

I got the chicken parmesan

and DS got the Margherita Pizza

Although I felt more than full, couldn't leave without trying the dessert buffet;)

Great experience. And of course, Ivan from Hungary was true to his word and we got him as our server again. He remembered that we didn't drink alcohol and instead of mimosas, he brought us some non-alcoholic drinks that tasted like fizzy apple cider.

We went back to our room to digest and then went to see Believe in the Walt Disney Theatre. I liked this one a lot better than Wishes and even a little better than Aladdin. I think DS still liked Aladdin the best.

I really have no idea what we did for the next 4 hours before dinner (nap maybe). But tonight was the animation show in Animator's Palette!

DS and I in all our sem-formal glory. I confess, mine are just work clothes. I think DS was a little more formal than I :p

Our servers had told us the night before to come about 15 minutes early for dinner because we would be drawing our toons for the show. So we dutifully showed up and waited...

and waited...and waited. By this time, a long line was forming in the hallway for Animator's Palette. And poor DS was wearing the shoes from hell again! So much for showing up early. I think we got in at the regular time.

Anyway, the Animation show was really neat. DS's toon even got to dance with Cinderella.

DS drew her cat, Wally

And I tried to draw Figment but he ended up looking like a demented Grover

At Dinner for the Animation show, you don't get a lot of choices. Everyone gets the same appetizer sampler:

Popcorn soup:

Pork, I think:

Dessert sampler:

We returned to our room to get a good night's sleep before Castaway Cay!

Next update will probably be after the July 4th weekend.

Castaway Cay!

Got up early to get our stuff together and apply the sunscreen. Met out in the hallway and waited for the "rope drop" to let us off the boat. And who was there...CM Anthony again!

We got off in the forward section and were one of the first groups off the boat.
We took the tram to the snorkel beach area to rent snorkel fins. Well, I made the mistake of (a) getting fins which were too big for me and (b) trying to put the fins on on the beach and trying to walk into the water....and promptly fell onto my behind! I thought, "the heck with this" and abandoned my fins on our chair and decided to swim without them.

It worked out ok and DS took her underwater camera with us this time. But the "points of interest" like the Nautilus and the Mickey statue were waaaaay out there. Quite a swim for us. I got confused which buoys they were at and we went to the wrong set of buoys first, Finally asked one of the lifeguards where the heck the Mickey statue was and he pointed which colored buoy to go to. If I had to do it all over again, I would ask questions first! Then we swam the looong way back to shore. We were probably in the water snorkling for about two hours and although we had planned to check out Serenity Bay, we were pretty tired and decided to go back to the ship. Oh well, something to look forward to for the next cruise!

We saw another Barracuda!

One of my favorite shots. The ship from the snorkeling lagoon:

On our way back, we got shots with Mickey and Chip and Dale in their beach outfits. DS has vetoed the posting of the Mickey photo due to aesthetic reasons :rotfl2: but here's Chip and Dale:

Next: some nice views from the ship and a movie!

Castaway Cay!

Got up early to get our stuff together and apply the sunscreen. Met out in the hallway and waited for the "rope drop" to let us off the boat. And who was there...CM Anthony again!

We got off in the forward section and were one of the first groups off the boat.
We took the tram to the snorkel beach area to rent snorkel fins. Well, I made the mistake of (a) getting fins which were too big for me and (b) trying to put the fins on on the beach and trying to walk into the water....and promptly fell onto my behind! I thought, "the heck with this" and abandoned my fins on our chair and decided to swim without them.

It worked out ok and DS took her underwater camera with us this time. But the "points of interest" like the Nautilus and the Mickey statue were waaaaay out there. Quite a swim for us. I got confused which buoys they were at and we went to the wrong set of buoys first, Finally asked one of the lifeguards where the heck the Mickey statue was and he pointed which colored buoy to go to. If I had to do it all over again, I would ask questions first! Then we swam the looong way back to shore. We were probably in the water snorkling for about two hours and although we had planned to check out Serenity Bay, we were pretty tired and decided to go back to the ship. Oh well, something to look forward to for the next cruise!

Next: some nice views from the ship and a movie!

Great underwater shots, and I love the pic of the ship from the snorkeling area too! Thanks again for posting your report and pics!! :sunny:

Great underwater shots, and I love the pic of the ship from the snorkeling area too! Thanks again for posting your report and pics!!

Thanks! DS gets all the credit for the underwater shots. I was really happy with her photos:hug:

DS and I headed back to our room to take showers. Then proceeded to a virtually deserted Cabanas for lunch (I do not believe Royal Court was open on this day). It just seemed like it was us and some of the ships crew lol. While we were up there we got some nice shots of the island:

these are mainly looking down at the boating area/boat rental/sailing lagoon

Don't have clear water like this in the Gulf!

the jet ski excursion looked like it was returning:

The view of the Castaway Cay Dock from a porthole:

A nice painting of London from Peter Pan:

And the Royal Court sign because...umm, I took its picture lol:

While we were onboard, Monsters University had opened. While we did not stay up to see its Premier at 12:01am last night, we now had time to see it. It was really cute and the Walt Disney Theatre was not crowded at all (as most people were still on Castaway Cay).

While waiting for the theatre to open, I noticed that the roof outside of it had characters depicted as astrological signs:

Now one of the things we had on our "bucket list" for our cruise was to have a nice drink in Skyline. I just thought the bar looked so neat. Neither of us drink alcohol, but the bartender - Lee from the UK - was nice enough to get us Virgin Pina Coladas from another bar!

We also took a few pictures in Ooh La La before heading to the "See ya Real Soon" Show:

I finally got to sit in the balcony as well!

Unfortunately, DS's stomach was feeling a little upset and had to leave the show before it was over and missed the ventriloquist, Lynn Treska (sp?) who was really funny. DS did try to make it through dinner, but also had to leave that a little early.

Our last night's dinner in Enchanted Garden:

Salmon Three Ways

Lobster and Crawfish Bisque

Cranberry Salad

Beef Wellington

Baked Alaska

Our servers and tablemates (minus poor DS who wasn't feeling well)

We had been packing throughout the day and put our luggage outside our door before we went to late dinner. It was taken by the time we had finished.

Got up in the morning for Disembarkation. DS picked up the photo CD and we got breakfast at Enchanted Garden. Porters helped us find our luggage and our Dad was there to pick us up for the ride back home.

I hoped everyone enjoyed our trip report. Your trip reports on this board were very helpful to us before we left on our cruise. We're already talking about doing another cruise in the summer of 2015 ...maybe Western Caribbean next time or a back to back Bahamas. Either way, we had a great first time experience and there's lots of stuff that either we didn't get to do or would love to do again. Until then, I'll be thankful for our WDW and Universal passes and I'll be doing what I did before our cruise trip report...living vicariously through all of yours!

Fin.
`

Those are great pics of Castaway Cay! As nice as they were, it made me sad that I have over a year to go to be back!

I really enjoyed your TR! I'm sorry to see it end.

Great Trip report! We were on the same cruise. Seeing the photos brought back some good memories! (and even found us in one of the Photos in the Tube.)

I really enjoyed your TR and pics, especially since my family and I were on the same cruise! You got some beautiful photos of everything! I took tons of pictures too and still I saw some that you took that I wish I had remembered to take. My husband and I and my daughter, her husband and their children ages 4 and 6 were on your cruise. It was the first Disney cruise for all of us (not our first cruise but our grandchildren's first one). We all had such a good time. We even went on the same excursion you did in St. Maarten. I took lots of pics of the fish when we were under the sea. My husband and I took our grandchildren while their parents went scuba diving. We had been to Marigot and St. Maarten before so we liked the boat ride the best. We had such great weather and smooth seas for most of the cruise, except St. Thomas of course.
Thanks again for a great review of our cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter