Twin Sisters on the Fantasy - Eastern Caribbean

First Sea Day:

We started our first today by getting up too early (at least for me). This turned out to be a recurring theme on the trip...maybe DS was still on work time:confused3

But we were up and ready to take some picures in the lobby. It was around 7:30 am so it was really quiet and peaceful.

The Outlook Bar in the Lobby...keeping with the lobby peacock theming

The Lobby is so beautiful...I miss it already.

notice the little crowns around the top of the chandelier?

Royal Court was open almost every day for sit down breakfast at 8am. We both prefer sit down over buffet so we got our first look inside Royal Court (we also had sit down lunch at Royal Court on several occasions so we go to know this restaurant very well - I'm glad we ate there the most; I thought it was the most beautiful of the rotational restaurants).

the view

Ok, I admit it, I love chandeliers:blush:

Ok, I don't remember the exact name of this, but it was a blended yogurt/strawberry/granola thing and it was delicious! We had it everytime we ate breakfast at Royal Court. It was blended really thin, so you could drink it or eat it with a spoon...not sure which is the proper etiquette:confused3

DS's breakfast of Pineapple Stacked French Toast. She liked it but the first day she thought the bacon tasted weird...but on following days she said it was fine.

My breakfast of waffle/french toast/pancake combo...and the bacon tasted fine to me;)

See...another chandelier!

I loved the tilework murals...reminded me of the inside of Cinderella's castle at WDW.

The coach light fixtures

It was almost time for our 9:30am Art of the Theme tour. We were told to wait in the Meridian lounge between Remy and Palo:

The check-in area for Remy and Palo

the chandelier of blown glass for Palo

Still a little early in the morning for me:rotfl2:

On the bar in Meridian they had welcome in different languages

Next: the Art of the Theme Tour with CM Anthony:thumbsup2

Oh, also forgot to mention our room host, Axton. We saw him once at the beginning of the cruise and a couple of time later in the hallway. He did a great job cleaning up our room and turning the couch into a bed!

At 9:30am our Art of the Theme guide Anthony arrived in Meridian Lounge. I think there were about 18 people on the tour. We started off in Remy....where Anthony pointed out how the little stools were for womens' purses and the little crystal Remy on the ceiling. He also pointed out lots of other little details in Remy and we took some pictures:

The Gusteau room in Remy's:

We then went down to Europa - the adult bar/nightclub area themed after European regions. Anthony shared a fun fact that in the London scene in the Skyline bar, the projected people you see walking were designed by the developers to look like Jedi! Obi-Wan even has an apartment and you can see Mickey Mouse waving from a window!

Skyline bar:

Outside of the London themed Tube nightclub:

Inside Ooh La La- the French themed bar. If you turn the chair upside down
it's supposed to represent a Can-Can Dancer's skirt:

In the La Piazza bar:

It was a fun tour and Anthony pointed out other great details about the ship that I have promptly forgotten;)

As we left, we saw the first Princess gathering of the cruise in the lobby:

Next, back to La Piazza for some Disney Trivia!

After the tour we went back to La Piazza for Disney Trivia!

The restrooms near La Piazza:

CM Kelly (from the U.K.) and CM Leo administered the Disney trivia.

And our team won with a score of 22/25! Our prizes were Disney Cruise Line water bottles.

I think this day we ate lunch at Cabanas. Then we went to the animation class in the D-Lounge given by....CM Anthony again!

DS hard at work on drawing Mickey:

Our Mickeys turned out ok, but our Donalds seemed to have jaw dislocation problems:eek:

We still had time before the Aladdin show, so we walked around deck 4
and took some more pictures:

After that, we headed down to O'Gills do to some more trivia...this time 50's and 60's music trivia. My DS left a little early cause she thought we might miss Aladdin (we didn't...we made it on time). So I finished up the trivia with another couple....and won again! This time we won a pair of Disney cruise line earbuds. I then hurried over to the theatre to join DS in seeing Aladdin.

We then went to see Aladdin in the Walt Disney Theatre. We both really
enjoyed the show...the "Whole New World" scene was very cool and it was
neat to see the "nerdy dad" from yesterday's show as "Jafar" in this show.
That was part of the fun of seeing the shows...spotting who is playing who
on certain nights.

Tonight was formal night. We had reservations at Palo tonight, but got dressed
up a little early so we could get formal pictures (tip: if you're going to stand in
line to get formal pictures, make sure you really test out your nice shoes
beforehand. DS thought the shoes she bought were ok, but after standing in some lines and walking around the ship, she never wanted to see those shoes again :mad:

Some formal pictures:

At 6:30pm, we went up to Meridian and checked in for our reservations at 7pm for Palo:

Our server at Palo was Ivan from Hungary. He was very nice and attentive. When we told him we were coming back for Palo brunch later in the week, he said he'd request us as a table and sure enough, we had him as a server again:)

Now, we were kinda self conscious about taking food pictures at a fancy restaurant (don't worry, we got over that fear when we ate at Remy's - there will be lots of food pictures there), but we did get pictures of our dessert...the chocolate souffle of course!

A nice CM was walking around taking pictures of diners at Palo (funny, they didn't have any photographers at Remy's...oh well) and it wound up being one of my favorite pictures taken of DS and I on the cruise:

In Meridian, there are doors where you can go out on the aft deck, so DS and I went out to get some nice pics of us and the sunset:

We had a great meal at Palo's. I remember having:
-the Grilled Portobella Mushroom with Polenta (I discovered during the cruise that I really love Polenta)
-the Oregano and Parmesan Crusted Rack of Lamb
With Sangiovese Roasted Shallots, Olive Oil baked Roma Tomatoes, Potato Pave, and Herb Jus

and DS had:
-Mozzarella and Plum Tomatoes
-Beef Tenderloin "Palo"
Topped with melted Gorgonzola Cheese or Palo signature Barolo Red Wine Sauce (DS chose the cheese sauce)

We both got an antipasto platter before our appetizers and we both had the chocolate souffle for dessert.

We then turned in for the night:

Thus we ended our first full sea day. The next sea day...princesses, trivia and Remy's!

Looks like you both had a great time on the cruise. I am going on a 7-night Cruise on the Disney Fantasy this November with my DH and four daughters and I am happy to say that my identical twin sister is joining me on this cruise. This will be my 8th Disney Cruise and my twin sister's 1st Disney Cruise. Finally, after years of telling her how much fun Disney cruises are, she caved and decided to check it out for herself. I know she will love cruising and I know this will not be her last cruise. I hope to get as many photos with my twin sister on this cruise as you did with your twin sister. I really enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing all the great photos. Thanks for sharing

Looks like you both had a great time on the cruise. I am going on a 7-night Cruise on the Disney Fantasy this November with my DH and four daughters and I am happy to say that my identical twin sister is joining me on this cruise. This will be my 8th Disney Cruise and my twin sister's 1st Disney Cruise. Finally, after years of telling her how much fun Disney cruises are, she caved and decided to check it out for herself. I know she will love cruising and I know this will not be her last cruise. I hope to get as many photos with my twin sister on this cruise as you did with your twin sister. I really enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing all the great photos. Thanks for sharing

What date are you going? I will be going on the 30th! cAN'T WAIT!

Great pictures!!!

2nd Sea Day

Got up to a lovely view from our virtual porthole:

Then on to another delicious breakfast at Royal Court.

DS vigorously using her hand wipes:

Took some more pictures around the ship:

It was time to get in line for the Princess Gathering in the Lobby. We got in line about 15 minutes before it started so we were pretty close to the front. While we were waiting, Aladdin came to take pictures with the people in line:

Then the princesses arrived (video):

We got pictures and made small talk with the princesses:)

Later in the day, they even had Minnie in her princess outfit on the 4th floor:

After that, I think we started the Muppet Detective agency game (we didn't finish it all in one day...it's nice that the card they give you saves your game). The detective agency games were not working when we first tried at 9am - it was not registering your card (there was even an error message on screen on the 5th floor kiosk). We let quest services know and it was fixed when we tried it after seeing the princesses.

Then it was more time for...trivia! This time TV tunes trivia in O'Gills Pub again:

We seemed to be getting a reputation...when we walked in, another family was in there playing jenga before the trivia started and remarked that we would probably win this one, too. Guess what...we did!:cool1:
I blame Songpop on facebook for being able to recognize tunes with only a few seconds of music provided (plus, too much pop culture knowledge). Our prize...more Disney cruise line earbuds!

Then it was back to Royal Court for lunch (did I mention we prefer table service over buffet::yes:: )

Antipasto appetizer

chilled duck appetizer

Banana Smoothie

Chilled Strawberry soup

Pasta and Meatballs

Kebabs over couscous

After that I think we went back to the room for a bit and rested before we left to see the 3pm showing of Wishes in the theatre:

We both thought the show was ok, but liked Aladdin and Believe better.

We then went back to the room and started to get dressed for Remy.
Cinderella was going to be out again and we both wanted a picture of us in our second formal dresses with her. Besides, we would sort of match, with us being all in blue:

We proceeded up to Meridian again and checked in for our 6pm seating at Remy's.

If you look closely, you can see DS wearing her figment pin with the Swavorski crystals :-)

Remember that fancy Gusteau room from before? We actually got to eat in there!

Our server, Gerard from the U.K. was wonderful. He informed us that if we don't drink (which we don't..just never liked the taste of alcohol) that instead of the Colette cocktail they had a non-alcoholic cocktail call the Linguini....it was delicious and had a pomegranate-type flavor. This was a nice surprise as I had never read about this before.

We did not get pictures of the tomato soup cube or the ratatouille with olive oil ice cream, but we did get pictures of all the other food. So now...

Remy Food Pictures

a type of lobster salad

Remy's version of a pizza

Gazpacho soup in a glass

i think this was lobster again

Boeuf de Wagyu — Tacos

Tourte de Pigeon — Epinards

Kurobuta Pork — Belly, Potato Pave

Then, the cheese selection was wheeled to us. DS was a little more adventurous than I:

Dessert time. We got new napkins for dessert:

We both got the chocolate cherry tart:

I told her she had to do it...quick, before our server come back!

:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter