Twenty3curls' PJ! SBP/CG - March 12, 2010

What if you did flower wands? I believe they run somewhere between $25-50 through the Disney florist. We're actually going that route. The girls decided they wanted silk rather than real, so I had them made ahead of time from a seller on Etsy.

Good luck with school!!

I know it's been awhile since I last posted...sorry! I'm approaching the final weeks of winter semester and I have so many projects due in the next two weeks, that my school to-do list has reached two pages! :mad:

So, I was taking a study break earlier and looking at different bouquets and whatnot. Do you think it would look weird if my two bridesmaids don't carry bouquets? I plan to have them walk down the aisle arm-in-arm with the groomsmen, so their hands will be occupied. Plus, my MOH will be holding mine during the ceremony... I just don't want to spend $250 (@ 150 apiece) for bouquets that will be used for 25 minutes. I still plan to get bouts for the groomsmen, but their so cheap it's not a big deal.

I know...do you think it will look cheap/silly/out of place?? :confused3

First Off, I love your meeting story, it was really cute. I'm at work so the pictures will not come up, but I'm sure they are lovely :goodvibes . I wanted to do red shoes as well, but my DFi won with the colors and our main color is blue.

Second with the flowers, an idea I was actually going to do with the mothers, you could do pretty clutch bags with a pined corsage (real or fake) attached to it, or a really cool disney pin to remember the day. I can not find the link for were I found them, but they are functional and will be a nice bridesmaid gift as well, a two birds with one stone sort of idea, especially on a budget. For your colors you could find sparkly white ones, probably on ebay, or a good coupon for a department store.

I look forward to more planning details!!

Wow...I've been super absent, haven't I? Well, school is done for the semester, so i'm back in the land of the living!

What if you did flower wands? I believe they run somewhere between $25-50 through the Disney florist. We're actually going that route. The girls decided they wanted silk rather than real, so I had them made ahead of time from a seller on Etsy.

Good luck with school!!

Thanks! I've thought of flower wands. I like them. I should look at some more examples to get a feel for what I could do. I've decided I do want them carrying something. Just not enough flowers to pay for a night at BWI!

First Off, I love your meeting story, it was really cute. I'm at work so the pictures will not come up, but I'm sure they are lovely :goodvibes . I wanted to do red shoes as well, but my DFi won with the colors and our main color is blue.

Second with the flowers, an idea I was actually going to do with the mothers, you could do pretty clutch bags with a pined corsage (real or fake) attached to it, or a really cool disney pin to remember the day. I can not find the link for were I found them, but they are functional and will be a nice bridesmaid gift as well, a two birds with one stone sort of idea, especially on a budget. For your colors you could find sparkly white ones, probably on ebay, or a good coupon for a department store.

I look forward to more planning details!!

Thanks, Belle! Good idea! I had never thought of that. I wonder if there's a thread that shows pictures of some? I'm sure there is. Plus, it sounds kind of crafty...something I can put together, which is what I'm trying to do with everything I can.

Yeah another SBP bride! Love the red shoes, very sassy (plus you can wear them over and over). Can't wait to see how everything comes together. :thumbsup2

I love your invitation ideas. I think I have decided to get a cricut as well you will have to let me know if its easy to use

mwa102306_fal06_clutch_xl.jpg

Here is one pic I found of a flower pinned on a clutch, I can't see the better websites at work, but you get the idea.

Also you could try ribbon roses, I am making some, not sure if I will use them, but they came out nice. I will post pics once I get home.

Yeah another SBP bride! Love the red shoes, very sassy (plus you can wear them over and over). Can't wait to see how everything comes together. :thumbsup2

Thanks, Rachel! I bought the shoes last year and not wearing them has been killing me....and my outfits! But, I want them to be shiny and new for my wedding day, so I'm holding out! Btw...I love that you got engaged at SBP and you're getting married there...so cute!!

I love your invitation ideas. I think I have decided to get a cricut as well you will have to let me know if its easy to use

Thanks, Ann! I think it's super easy to use. Just plop in your cartridge of choice, pick the shape or letter you want to cut, set the dials for size and you're pretty much good to go. Each cartridge comes with a guide book that shows you which shapes/letters you can make and which setting you have to choose for certain features (like bold, italic, shadow, etc.) The only downside I've found is the price of the cartridges. They're about 100 bucks a piece. You can sign up for e-mail coupons via Joann's and get 40% off pretty regularly. But still...at 60 bucks a pop, I'm not going to be running out every other week and buying a new cartridge! Luckily, Jeff bought me the Disney shapes, so I have the Mickey head! PM me if you get one and I can help you out with any questions!

First, I love the shoes. enjoying hearing your plans! looking forward to hearing more! have fun!:goodvibes

Thanks! I want to wear the shoes! Ten more months....then after the wedding I will find an excuse to wear them everyday. Hope my boss doesn't mind!

mwa102306_fal06_clutch_xl.jpg

Here is one pic I found of a flower pinned on a clutch, I can't see the better websites at work, but you get the idea.

Also you could try ribbon roses, I am making some, not sure if I will use them, but they came out nice. I will post pics once I get home.

Thanks for the picture....that clutch is super cute. Plus, it's something they could use after the wedding, which makes me feel like I'd be getting my money's worth. And in reality, I could just order two more boutonnieres and pin those to the clutches. Then they'd match the GMs and I wouldn't have to worry about procuring two single flowers the day of my wedding. Hmmm....I'm onto a whole new plan now! Thanks, Laurie! Oh, and I just started PJ...Puerto Rico...how romantic and exotic!

S...so he tells me I have to unwrap a present before I can do my Easter basket because the basket will give away the gift....so now my interest is piqued. I open the present...IT WAS A CRICUT EXPRESSIONS!!!! I'm so excited!!! He handed me the Easter basket and in it was 3 different cartridge sets, one of which was the Mickey & Friends set, which has Mickey heads! Now I can make the Mickey head fan programs I want to do and the Mickey head invitations I have in mind....and they'll all be uniform and perfectly cut! :woohoo: DF was so cute... because I did sort of scold him for going to so far over the limit we'd set ... "I was so excited when you said you wanted to make our invitations and things...I think that's so cute...I wanted to help!" He's the best! :lovestruc

I think that's so sweet! It's nice when they want to help, isn't it?

I think that's so sweet! It's nice when they want to help, isn't it?

He is sweet! And you're right, it is nice when they want to help...so much better than trying to pull teeth to get opinions or answers! It's one of the reasons we're so excited to do an Escape..it's small enough that we can do some of these crafty things are ourselves with the numbers being overwhelming.

Hi there! Just read through your PJ, and it all sounds great so far!! :thumbsup2 Your guys' story is very cute, and I love those red heels! I'm having a mad hatter cake too. :lovestruc They are too cute.

Looking forward to seeing more of your plans!

Hi there, Emily! I don't think I've posted on your PJ yet, but I'm really excited to read more about your upcoming wedding! Happy planning!! :yay:

Hi there! Just read through your PJ, and it all sounds great so far!! :thumbsup2 Your guys' story is very cute, and I love those red heels! I'm having a mad hatter cake too. :lovestruc They are too cute.

Looking forward to seeing more of your plans!

Mad Hatter cakes are the best! Plus, my dad's nickname is the Mad Hatter, so I think it will be a fun surprise for him. :) And, I just hope I don't kill myself in those heels, a long dress and the boardwalk!! It would be so sad to only be married for one day.. :rotfl:

Hi there, Emily! I don't think I've posted on your PJ yet, but I'm really excited to read more about your upcoming wedding! Happy planning!! :yay:

Hey there! I just noticed you updated your TR...work's been crazy so I haven't made it over, yet...but I will!! Thanks for reading. :)

I'm so excited to confirm my date in July. Once it's confirmed I feel I can really start doing stuff...like save-the-dates, invites, programs, etc.

Hey everyone! Not much new on the wedding front. I CAN'T WAIT to confirm my date in July! I think it will really feel real at that point. Plus, I can start making save-the-dates, invites, programs....all the stuff that may have the date included on it. :)

I am a little bummed, though... I just realized my wedding date falls during Lent. And it's a Friday. :mad: Now, I'm not Catholic, nor do I adhere to any rules regarding Lent. BUT....over half my guest list is Catholic. My DF, his parents, sister and neice; my MOH; my BM... I've been drooling over the main course options at the California Grill, all excited to pick a couple...but I wanted a filet and chicken options... I guess I'm going to have to do filet and a fishy option. I don't know why...I just have a hard time paying $100/plate for fish. lol. Maybe that's because I don't think it's worth the newspaper it's wrapped in! (Unless it's Tuna or Swordfish steaks...mmmm!)

Funny part is my dad's dad, who is attending, is a Greek Orthodox priest (yes, he'll be doing the wedding ceremony, hopefully). The Greeks are even stricter than the Catholics...no meat at all during Lent...so that would rule out my Papou, Yiayia and aunt, too. Luckily, my Papou decided a few years ago he was too old to be giving up meat as often and as arbitrarily as the Greek Orthodox church wanted him to. :lmao: So at least I'll be getting my money's worth with them....filets all around!!

Other update, I guess... Heard from my wedding coordinator!! She seems super nice and very helpful. Also, very quick to respond to my first e-mail...so that's a good sign. I confirmed with her that for $500, I could invite 5 extra guests. I'm INCREDIBLY pumped about this. We can now include our MOH and GM's significant others. Prior to this news, we were thinking we'd invite them to dinner, but not the ceremony. I know that seems really rude...but in all fairness, I haven't even met my MOH's new boyfriend and our GM's wife is horrible! (I've only met her once and she was incredibly rude to me...and she's not all that nice to my DF, despite the fact that her husband is one of my DF's two best friends....If we were having a large wedding I wouldn't care...but to waste one of 18 spots on her, when that would mean eliminating my best friend from college REALLY pissed me off.) BUT...now with the new limit, we can invite them without eliminating people we actually like. ;) :banana:

So that's all for now... On Monday, I made ADRs for my August trip...booked California Grill! I'm excited to try potential wedding dinner items!

Congratulations! I love all of your ideas so far. The red heels are awesome. You should get a red crinoline to match!!

I've been to a couple of weddings where the bridesmaids carried things other than flowers, and it was really nice to have a different touch! One wedding, they all had matching purses - kind of like the pic someone else posted. In another, they carried large butterflies. It sounds kind of wierd, but it was really beautiful! I've seen a pic of a castle wedding at DL where they carried giant pink butterflies too!

Can't wait to read more!

Did you see this cake in the cake thread? This is what yours reminded me of. I love the hidden mickeys on this one. This belongs to DISer PuffPatty:
mycake.jpg

Congratulations! I love all of your ideas so far. The red heels are awesome. You should get a red crinoline to match!!

I've been to a couple of weddings where the bridesmaids carried things other than flowers, and it was really nice to have a different touch! One wedding, they all had matching purses - kind of like the pic someone else posted. In another, they carried large butterflies. It sounds kind of wierd, but it was really beautiful! I've seen a pic of a castle wedding at DL where they carried giant pink butterflies too!

Can't wait to read more!

Did you see this cake in the cake thread? This is what yours reminded me of. I love the hidden mickeys on this one. This belongs to DISer PuffPatty:
mycake.jpg

Thanks, Cinderelli!! If the Dis is any indication, my shoes are going to be the biggest hit of the wedding! I hope Mickey isn't jealous. :) I really like the idea of doing something a little different for the BMs. Plus, we're not home at home...it's not like they could really save bouquets, even if they wanted to. Just seems like so much money to spend on bouquets that will be used for 25 minutes...I'd rather give them something purposeful and cute!

It's funny you mentioned that cake....it's our inspiration picture! When I asked DF what some of the things he really wanted to do, the Mad Hatter cake was top of the list, so we searched for red, white and black ones. THat came up first and DF LOOOOVED it. We'll probably go with 2 tier, though. I mean...how much cake and 25 people eat....and I'm a cake-for-breakfast kinda girl! ;)

Thanks for reading...I look forward to sharing more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter