Tut-Tut, it Looks Like Rain! May '09 Trip Report. *Finished! 9/27 Pg. 69.

Hi LL! Sounds like your Epcot day was a busy one. I had a planning "failure" day also, so I get how you felt. :hug: Can't wait to hear how your day wound up.

So glad you got your meal at LeCellier. We eat there every trip!! The pretzel bread AHH my favorite. My DH used to get blisters & then we heard about the Body Glide & also Moleskin & now no more blisters!! I always wear my Nike sneakers & have never had blisters. So sorry you had to deal with that. I hope your trip was good even with the bad feet.

Hi!! I just finished your TR from last year and have caught up on this one! I've been home sick all day and your TR has kept me from going insane!! (I can't stand being couped up all day) I must say I love all of the light fixtures! I have never noticed how many different kinds there are before! I'm sorry you were feeling so crummy in your TR. I hope things get better. I love LeCellier but haven't been there in a few years. I'm going on my next trip with my dbf, and I'm so excited! I'm glad everything worked out with the ADR, see Disney Magic and all! I can't wait to read more about your trip! Oh and from your previous TR, your DH reminds me of my cousin. He's a big goof ball and so much fun and your DH seems like he can be a lot of fun (and a little goofy too!)

This birthday is going to be a big one, 30! :scared1: But, I had a friend who turned 30 a couple years ago and freaked out and dramatized about it for months before and after so I am trying to handle mine with some grace. :angel: I just have to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight before the big day, I mean DD will be 3 1/2, it's time to get back to me a little. :eek:

So I will be working on our birthday, but we are going down to WDW for Labor Day weekend so that is my birthday plan! :banana::banana: We are only staying one night but 2 days in Disney is better than one or none. :)

I love your updates!! You are a lifetime friend too and I simply adore you!!

Le Cellier was great and we did get seated on time if not earlier and I really enjoyed our waiter...although the whole no hockey thing...he's from Canada what was up with that LOL...oh well he brought more bread so I will forgive him this time LOL!

Lunch at LeCellier was truly a highlight for me, it was great food and great companionship and I really enjoyed us being able to have some time together where we could just sit and chat and learn more about each other.

For all the ups and downs I still look back on this trip so fondly because I was able to spend some time getting to know you and that was totally worth it.

Of course on the next trip I'm doubling up on the moleskin and bandaids LOL!!! Right now I'm in a funk to find the right shoes and working on getting in better shape. If I can walk in 113 heat index I can take on EPCOT WOOT!

I would have ordered everything you did except I would have substituted the creme brule for desert. The "moose" is cute but I love me some creme brule.

I know what you mean about the tables being close and feeling insecure about taking foodie pictures there too. I chickened out there then I saw someone writing down everything in a journal beside me and thought shucks I should have been taking pictures.

I am glad to hear that you got in. When we make a mistake it is one thing but when we feel like we let some one else down we feel even worse. But, I am glad it all worked out. Disney World and sore feet certainly do not sound like a good combination. I hope they got better.

Sorry that you were having problems with your feet. Le Cellier looks awesome! Maybe when our munchkin gets older, we will be able to try it. Can't wait to read more of your TR! :)

Oh no! I've messed up the times on my ADRs many times. :hug: Glad they were still able to squeeze you in. The meal looks yummy! ;) (I'm about to post about our meal at Le Cellier in a few installments.)

I'm so feeling for you right now. I hope a rest back in the room helped you feel better and you were able to enjoy the rest of the day!

Oh No to being late for your ADR! You know if could be worse. I read on a TR before (pardon me if you're subscribed to this one!) but they had a reservation at Victoria and Albert's got all dressed up, fancy dressed up mind you, I believe during their honeymoon and they get there and they have the wrong DAY. :headache:It's scheduled for tomorrow! I felt so bad reading that one..had to treck all the way back to their hotel and hurry up for their real reservation, to which the name escapes me at the moment! How horrible though!
Hope to read about your feet feeling better soon!
Oh that is horrible! I know that I will be even more compulsive about making sure I have the right itinerary for the right day!

Oh, I do think we should ask CP to play!:goodvibes

CP was wondering about the game of tag until I came over here. :laughing:

I will play tomorrow. :goodvibes I have to get pictures resized. ;)
Who's turn is it now?

LL, I think having different shoes to wear is a good idea! I usually have several pairs and try to change through them a lot! Wearing one pair in the morning, e.g. sneakers, and then others, e.g. sandals, in the afternoon or so. Works very well for me! :goodvibes
That is what I plan to do for my next trip!

Hi LL! Sounds like your Epcot day was a busy one. I had a planning "failure" day also, so I get how you felt. :hug: Can't wait to hear how your day wound up.
Uh oh! I am so excited for your TR to start, I want to read all about your adventures!

So glad you got your meal at LeCellier. We eat there every trip!! The pretzel bread AHH my favorite. My DH used to get blisters & then we heard about the Body Glide & also Moleskin & now no more blisters!! I always wear my Nike sneakers & have never had blisters. So sorry you had to deal with that. I hope your trip was good even with the bad feet.
It is so good! Deeeeeeeeee-licious. I've been researching socks to help prevent blisters and I am going to look for some this weekend.

Hi!! I just finished your TR from last year and have caught up on this one! I've been home sick all day and your TR has kept me from going insane!! (I can't stand being couped up all day) I must say I love all of the light fixtures! I have never noticed how many different kinds there are before! I'm sorry you were feeling so crummy in your TR. I hope things get better. I love LeCellier but haven't been there in a few years. I'm going on my next trip with my dbf, and I'm so excited! I'm glad everything worked out with the ADR, see Disney Magic and all! I can't wait to read more about your trip! Oh and from your previous TR, your DH reminds me of my cousin. He's a big goof ball and so much fun and your DH seems like he can be a lot of fun (and a little goofy too!)
Kudos to you for catching up and getting through all that reading. :rotfl: That is how Marc is, a big mushy goofball. :lovestruc

This birthday is going to be a big one, 30! :scared1: But, I had a friend who turned 30 a couple years ago and freaked out and dramatized about it for months before and after so I am trying to handle mine with some grace. :angel: I just have to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight before the big day, I mean DD will be 3 1/2, it's time to get back to me a little. :eek:

So I will be working on our birthday, but we are going down to WDW for Labor Day weekend so that is my birthday plan! :banana::banana: We are only staying one night but 2 days in Disney is better than one or none. :)
:rotfl: Good for you...I have a few years to go but lately I can't even remember how old I am. I seriously have to count and figure it out. You will have a wonderful birthday, we thought the crowds were very manageable on Labor Day!

I love your updates!! You are a lifetime friend too and I simply adore you!!

Le Cellier was great and we did get seated on time if not earlier and I really enjoyed our waiter...although the whole no hockey thing...he's from Canada what was up with that LOL...oh well he brought more bread so I will forgive him this time LOL!

Lunch at LeCellier was truly a highlight for me, it was great food and great companionship and I really enjoyed us being able to have some time together where we could just sit and chat and learn more about each other.

For all the ups and downs I still look back on this trip so fondly because I was able to spend some time getting to know you and that was totally worth it.

Of course on the next trip I'm doubling up on the moleskin and bandaids LOL!!! Right now I'm in a funk to find the right shoes and working on getting in better shape. If I can walk in 113 heat index I can take on EPCOT WOOT!
I agree, all the ups and downs were worth it. I would just like more up and less down next time. :rotfl2:

I would have ordered everything you did except I would have substituted the creme brule for desert. The "moose" is cute but I love me some creme brule.

I know what you mean about the tables being close and feeling insecure about taking foodie pictures there too. I chickened out there then I saw someone writing down everything in a journal beside me and thought shucks I should have been taking pictures.
I'm not a creme brule fan but Jen insists that is because I haven't had it a "good" place yet.

I am glad to hear that you got in. When we make a mistake it is one thing but when we feel like we let some one else down we feel even worse. But, I am glad it all worked out. Disney World and sore feet certainly do not sound like a good combination. I hope they got better.
That was it too, I didn't want to let Jen down!

Sorry that you were having problems with your feet. Le Cellier looks awesome! Maybe when our munchkin gets older, we will be able to try it. Can't wait to read more of your TR! :)
It is a really great place to eat! :goodvibes

What happened next? :surfweb:

CP and Wigd are winning. Just saying, they have updated! :rolleyes1
I guess it's my turn. :rotfl: I might try tonight. If not, sometime this weekend. Work has been horrible this week since I've been doing most everything myself since the other person in my department is on vacation.

Oh no! I've messed up the times on my ADRs many times. :hug: Glad they were still able to squeeze you in. The meal looks yummy! ;) (I'm about to post about our meal at Le Cellier in a few installments.)

I'm so feeling for you right now. I hope a rest back in the room helped you feel better and you were able to enjoy the rest of the day!
I pride myself on a good memory but it failed me this day! :rotfl: I love Le Cellier, it is so yummy!

Lady Lallie;32429963 It is so good! Deeeeeeeeee-licious. [COLOR="Red" said:
I've been researching socks to help prevent blisters[/COLOR] and I am going to look for some this weekend.

I guess it's my turn. :rotfl: I might try tonight. If not, sometime this weekend. Work has been horrible this week since I've been doing most everything myself since the other person in my department is on vacation.

Let me know about the socks. I'm going to be getting some for our trip, too, but I haven't had a chance to do much research.

Sorry about all of the extra work. What exciting place did your co-worker go on vacation?

I'll be happy for an update whenever you get around to it. These things can be time consuming. I can't keep up right now since we've got the trip and the pre-trip going, so I'm trying to finish the trip up. We've only got four weeks until we leave!

Let me know about the socks. I'm going to be getting some for our trip, too, but I haven't had a chance to do much research.

Sorry about all of the extra work. What exciting place did your co-worker go on vacation?

I'll be happy for an update whenever you get around to it. These things can be time consuming. I can't keep up right now since we've got the trip and the pre-trip going, so I'm trying to finish the trip up. We've only got four weeks until we leave!

I have been reading that socks with double layers are the best because the two sock layers will rub against each other, instead of a one layer sock rubbing up against your feet. Does that make sense the way I explained it? I have also read that wicking socks work well because they wick the moisture away.
I am going to The Sox Market this weekend. Seriously, that is what it's called. It also happens to be the place of my very first job. I worked there for almost two years in high school. All we sold were....SOCKS. :laughing: I used to have the best sock collection ever. I am hoping that I will be able to find the Cool Max double layer socks there reasonably priced. I know we used to have them. It's in the Kittery Outlets for any of your New Englanders who are familiar with the Outlets. We used to have tourists walk in and wide eyed and say "You only sell socks?" Yep!

I feel like I am way behind on a lot of my subscriptions, work this week has been busy, not the normal DISing time. Coworker didn't go anywhere exciting I believe. Sad. We do have a tenative Disney trip planned for whenever one of us doesn't work here anymore since we can't vacation together now. :laughing:

I am going to The Sox Market this weekend. Seriously, that is what it's called. It also happens to be the place of my very first job. I worked there for almost two years in high school. All we sold were....SOCKS. :laughing: I used to have the best sock collection ever. I am hoping that I will be able to find the Cool Max double layer socks there reasonably priced. I know we used to have them. It's in the Kittery Outlets for any of your New Englanders who are familiar with the Outlets. We used to have tourists walk in and wide eyed and say "You only sell socks?" Yep!
The hundreds of times I've been up there, I've never been in there because I always think "I don't need more socks" :rotfl: I might just have to check it out!

The hundreds of times I've been up there, I've never been in there because I always think "I don't need more socks" :rotfl: I might just have to check it out!

I loved working there, it was one of the best first jobs you could have. :laughing: Just socks and socks. I had the best collection EVER. They also have diabetic socks that I would buy for my grandfathers, they have very loose elastic so it doesn't get too tight on diabetics' feet. It's neat. I haven't been there in awhile but I stop in occasionally.

LL I am caught up (via links but sad) I had a soggy moment this trip where I thought of you! Love the LeCellier pics.... super yummo!

LL I am caught up (via links but sad) I had a soggy moment this trip where I thought of you! Love the LeCellier pics.... super yummo!

Welcome Back!! I can't wait to hear about your trip. :goodvibes Uh oh. I hope it was only ONE soggy moment!

We left off with Jen and I heading back to ASMu, me close to tears and feeling overwhelmed. I needed a break. Jen was kind enough to drop me off at the sidewalk in front of our building to make my walk a little shorter from the parking lot. I waited for her and we walked to our room.

We had a towel animal! I immediately thought the towel animal was a rhino. Jen said a cow...then a hippo. I think pig was thrown out there eventually too.
What do you think it is?
553342263_V3SYj-M.jpg

553341887_TJQxd-M.jpg

553341528_enyhM-M.jpg

I still think it's a rhino due to the little peak on his nose. It remains a mystery towel animal.

I think at this point I called Marc and started to cry. It wasn't that I was having a bad time but I was hot, tired, cranky and my feet REALLY hurt. He made me feel better and it was good to get the cry out.

We both settled down on our beds, we had abc family on. I can't remember what we were watching at this point but we both fell asleep. I also don't remember how long we slept but I did twitter....
"Plans out the window...why do I fret about my itinerary for months? Hehe." at 5:21PM.
We both woke up refreshed and we were able to take a step back and talk about our Epcot Overload. We decided that we had planned too much consecutive time at Epcot. Originally we were supposed to hop over to MK on arrival day but because of the rain we stuck with Epcot the whole day, then we had another whole day planned. Too much Epcot = Cranky LL. I won't call Jen cranky because she wasn't. Hehehe.

We debated going to Saana but we just weren't feeling it. It had started to downpour outside again and I wanted to give my feet a rest. We started watching "The Prince & Me" with Julia Stiles. Jen had never seen the movie and we both got sucked in. We weren't super hungry yet so we sat and watched. This is where I learned something about Jen. She has to know how things turn out in movies, she couldn't handle just waiting until the end, she kept asking me what would happen. It was really funny! I was telling her that they made a "The Prince & Me 2" and that it was horrible. The only actor who was in both was the Prince! So we had a good time watching the movie.

When it was over we waited to see if "The Prince & Me 2" would be on after because we would HAVE to stay and watch it but it wasn't.

It was still raining outside but we decided to brave the rain and walk to the Food Court to eat some dinner. I was hoping the rain would stop so I could take some pictures of the grounds on our way back so I brought my camera.
We both had our umbrellas and it was POURING. We had quite a walk from the Broadway section too but we got to see the pretty grounds of the Jazz and Calypso areas. We made it to the Intermission Food Court. I went to find a table and Jen went to get her food first. And I waited. And waited. The grill area had a HUGE line and Jen was nowhere near the front of it. I texted her to see if she would get my double cheeseburger for me so I wouldn't have to wait in the line after her. She agreed. I took some pictures to occupy myself.

553340050_DadLH-M.jpg

553339499_QGAUS-M.jpg

553339157_3znoS-M.jpg

I am not sure what the point of the last picture was but there you go.

Finally, Jen made it through the line with our burgers and I went up and bought my refillable mug.

553340699_xRwBM-M.jpg

Delicious! Disney Burgers are just yummier then everyday real life burgers.

After we ate we checked out the gift shop. It was cute. I bought a magazine and some pins. This started the pin addiction of this trip. I bought Jen and I each a mystery box of Haunted Mansion pins. I think I bought.......10 of those puppies while I was there. Serious addiction and I still didn't get the one I really wanted!

It was still raining when we left so I didn't get to take any pictures. We settled back into our room in our pj's, watched some tv and went to bed. We had a date with the Magic Kingdom in the morning!

Day 2 Highlights

Jen's Disney Moment of Day 2:
Our Future on Spaceship Earth
Jen's Not So Disney Moment of Day 2: Going through caffeine withdrawal
Jen's Best Food Item of Day 2: Everything at LeCellier

LL's Disney Moment of Day 2: Seeing the manatees.
LL's Not So Disney Moment of Day 2: The worst was thinking that I had messed up our Le Cellier ADR.
LL's Best Food Item of Day 2: Mushroom Filet with Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes.

Day 2 Total Picture Count from Both Cameras: 242

Morning LL!!

Not sure what that towel animal is? Kind of reminds me of my hound dog puppy. :laughing: I think all your guesses are good.

Those burgers do look great. I dont think I have ever tried a Disney burger.

I am so looking for those mystery pin boxes-I always loved grab bags as a child!!

I think EPCOT is exhausting.... and I am sure even more in the rain! Cannot wait to see what fun you had a MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter