Turkey Legs: I don't get it...

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Kermie, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Kermie

Kermie Earning My Ears

Our APs expire in a few days. This was our last weekend, so, my daughter and I decide to try an infamous turkey leg. Maybe because the shirts are cute, or we have seen so many people "enjoying" them, who knows?

I do know that I am now set for life. It was just alright, nothing more. I needed some protein that day, and it helped.

I am still wondering what the fascination is....

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Im with you. I find them disgusting. And I love meat, and turkey, but I just dont enjoy turkey legs at all.

4. Disneykidsdad

Disneykidsdad Mouseketeer

Agreed...I tried one a few years ago and was not impressed. To me it didn't even taste like turkey. It tasted more like ham to me.

5. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO <font color=deeppink>It's part of the charm<br><fo

I tried one, once and only once, made a mess of my hands and the smell, Oh! I think it's the level of smoke they use, but now the smell of them just makes me gag! Thankfully my son who eat anything not nailed down, does not like them either!

6. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

Same here! I tried one at the RenFest this year. Looked and tasted like ham and the outside was so darn tough to get through!

7. Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's Skipper DIS Veteran

We love them, always a must for me and if the kids are with us, them as well.:thumbsup2

The reason it tasted like ham is that its a *smoked* turkey leg.

AKK

8. dvcterry

dvcterry DIS Veteran

We tried it, but it was dry and hard on the outside.

9. JeRmS

JeRmS Mouseketeer

I can never get past the viens and tendons and such that run through the meat ... :crazy2:

10. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

While I am not a fan, DS is and we indulge him.

I guess like everything else to each their own.

:goodvibes

11. shells4

shells4 Mouseketeer

I agree, not a big fan. My hubbie however, LOVES them. I enjoy a few bites with a side dish. Can't eat the leg by itself. My husband even has a turkey leg air freshner for his truck--yuck. LOL

12. Kermie

Kermie Earning My Ears

I guess I was surprised that I did not like it, since there are really only two or three foods I will not eat...

It was much more difficult to get the meat off than I thought.

I still think the shirt is great!

13. wintotty

wintotty Mouseketeer

Turkey leg is the 1st thing my DH requested when I asked him what he wants to do at WDW..............:confused3

14. JimmyV

JimmyV Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

What's not to get? A year's worth of fat and sodium dressed up in the shape of a club with inedible tendons and cartiledge running through it. For some, that all spells "culinary greatness". For others, that spells "wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole". It's County Fair food, and many people crave the stuff. Me? Not so much. But not really due to the taste, but instead for the way it makes me feel afterwards. Dirty, and a little violated.;)

15. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

:sick: Me neither! :scared::crazy2::crazy2:

16. princessSunshine

princessSunshine Mouseketeer

This is exactly what I thought - DH had to try one once because of the hype, but has never gotten one since:goodvibes

17. parkhopping

parkhopping DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

Not only do they seem messy and greasy, I just can't imagine eating that on a hot day. My stomach is queasy at the thought of it. Now, if they would pull the meat off the bone and offer it on a plate with a couple of sides, I'm sure I'd enjoy it after the sun goes down...

18. disney212

disney212 DIS Veteran

I agree. To me the worst part is seeing folks pass them around to 3 or 4 other people to "share". Makes me gag thinking about it, all those germs!:scared1:

19. Kermie

Kermie Earning My Ears

We actually got it on a plate (HS) and mostly used a knife and fork. Now, fried chicken is a different story!

I have never had the "pleasure" of witnessing the share, but we have always giggled at people walking around and eating them. Seems so silly, but that is probably why we chose to partake with the plastic-ware!:clown:

We will now be sampling food outside the parks...

20. NeverlandClub23

NeverlandClub23 DIS Veteran

I'm not a turkey leg fan at all, but I think I would like them more if they were oven roasted and not smoked.

21. SnapesGirl

SnapesGirl Mouseketeer

We thought we were the only ones! We saw everyone enjoying these things, both my mom and I took one small bite and into the trash it went. Had no taste, just grease! :sick: