TTC thread take 2

oh yeah btw...I can't remember if I mentioned this but I am another YEAR closer to 30!!

I turned 28 Monday. I've got 2 years to reach my goal! Of course that means I have about 14 months to get pregnant......

BUT he11, I hope it doesn't take THAT long! :guilty:

Haha, I know what you mean. My goal was to have 2 by 30. I would have to be pregnant this month to even have one by 30 now.

Whoa, we all came on and posted at once. Sorry D&D :hug:. So frustrating.

yeah I noticed that! :laughing:

It's just one of those days!!!

So...I made an appt for my annual tomorrow...I had been putting it off b/c of all the RE visits. And they kept asking if I had done it, and I said "No, because I don't have time to take off work for my pap because I'm here so much!" :rotfl:

Okay, admittedly, I also put it off b/c it's just plain uncomfortable and I'm already going through ENOUGH uncomfortable things involving my lady parts. I used to keep up with my annuals only b/c my bcp would show that my refills were almost out, and there was no other way to refill them. LOL

But the only appt I could get tomorrow (my day off) was at 8:15 am...and the office is almost an hour away. And I am thinking about cancelling because do I REALLY want to wake up before 7 am on my day off???? :sad2:

oh yeah btw...I can't remember if I mentioned this but I am another YEAR closer to 30!!

I turned 28 Monday. I've got 2 years to reach my goal! Of course that means I have about 14 months to get pregnant......

Happy belated honey! I hope the same for you!

Hey, I'm another year closer to 40!:scared1: That will be next year! I'd kinda like to at least have a more clear idea by then of where I'm going. What I want and what God's plan is are usually similar in nature but His plan takes a little longer to figure out...:goodvibes

OK so here's a good one. So I have absolutely NO clue when my cycle is going to start this month:confused3 Seriously! This is the first week that I haven't had spotting or anything in quite a while! I was even thinking that I may do some ovulating checks tomorrow cause the bubbies (ala Teresa from NJHWives) are feeling a bit outta whack. I hope if AF is going to arrive she will do so before the 4th weekend as we are going to NY to visit with my parents for the weekend! :cool1:

Happy belated honey! I hope the same for you!

Hey, I'm another year closer to 40!:scared1: That will be next year! I'd kinda like to at least have a more clear idea by then of where I'm going. What I want and what God's plan is are usually similar in nature but His plan takes a little longer to figure out...:goodvibes

thank you!

I hear that...I have no idea what He's doing right now! LOL

I had an awful dream last night after watching that special called My Monkey Baby on TLC. I dreamt that I got a baby monkey and pretended that she was my child and I threw a lady bug themed birthday party and people didn't want to come because they thought I was crazy :eek: (which the people on that show unfortunately are crazy). Even worse, I kept losing the baby monkey, so I wasn't even a good monkey mom in my dream, haha.

Okay, sorry for such a long post. Sending baby dust to everyone!

That's kinda funny.
sAni_babymonkey2.gif
Sorry...sometimes you just have to laugh, you know. I've had dreams like that. Not about a baby monkey, but pretty close.

Happy belated b-day to you!
The good news is you have time on your side. After all our medical help I finally got pregnant at 32. I'm with esbrick. Now at 40 every day the clock ticks louder and I have to start coming to grips with the fact that it may never happen again. :sad1: UGh!!! I'm not ready to move onto another phase in my life. Didn't even finish this one as far as I'm concerned. :sad2:

thanks D&D.

well, thanks for making me feel better...but I think you are NOT THROUGH YET...

Just look at Celine Dion! :thumbsup2

I'm not saying it doesn't suck...cause it sure does suck for all of us going through the struggle. I'm so glad that we have each other to talk to along the journey though

That's kinda funny.
sAni_babymonkey2.gif
Sorry...sometimes you just have to laugh, you know. I've had dreams like that. Not about a baby monkey, but pretty close.

Happy belated b-day to you!
The good news is you have time on your side. After all our medical help I finally got pregnant at 32. I'm with esbrick. Now at 40 every day the clock ticks louder and I have to start coming to grips with the fact that it may never happen again. :sad1: UGh!!! I'm not ready to move onto another phase in my life. Didn't even finish this one as far as I'm concerned. :sad2:

Me too. . .

Is it beer:30 yet?

The good news is that you are getting into a great habit of monitoring everything.:thumbsup2 The bad news is that unfortunately if your fertility care is covered at all by insurance it is status quo that they wait a year to monitor your progress before assessing for treatments. It is seriously tedious:headache: and can drive you batty:crazy2:. Again, it definately helps that you are monitoring it on your own. You may want to keep a log of monthly dates and times you are testing prior to your cycle, the results of the tests, and when your cycle begins and it's length. My protocol was that tested first pee in the am which usally gives you highest LH reading and first pee when I got home from work to see how the day was going. Again, this was our protocol which worked for us. When you have done this for 6 months give your Dr. another call and tell her/ fax her your results. She may see/hear something that sticks out and changes her mind about when she will see you. It is smart to be proactive when it comes to this stuff so good for you!:thumbsup2

i did make sure my insurance plan did cover IVF and anything else before we started TTC. but i will def. have to ask about the yr thing. i didn't know ins comps did that. i'm def. going to try to keep better track of everything from now on.

Another month older and another one down the drain. (Literally!) :headache:

:-( it's amazing how long a month seems sometimes!!!

If you haven't been getting positive OPKs (that was one of my issues) then I'd definitely try temping for a few months to see if you see any patterns. So have you had your period? How many days apart are your periods if so?

I can't remember if you said you were on birth control (sorry I seem to have a terrible memory lately)....but for me, I was on BCP for 7 years (low dose the past 2) and my cycles were always about 2 months long for the first 8 months off of the pill. My temperatures were all over the place, but I could still tend to tell when I ovulated. I loved using fertilityfriend and putting in my temps everyday, and waiting for that ovulation line. However it was certainly frustrating waiting because my temps would be up, down, up up, and then just when I thought maybe I had ovulated, they'd come down again. Once I had ovulated, they were still kind of rocky, but a tad higher than the previous temperatures. I would definitely recommend buying a good BBT and charting, I really think it would help.

The good thing is that if you are charting your temps, you have something concrete that you can print and show your doctor. So, lets say, you have long cycles as evidenced by your charts--or you have no significant temperature rise and therefore are having anovulatory cycles (no ovulation), or you have extremely low or rocky temps which could be an indication of cysts, etc. Hopefully you can get some answers soon. I know that when I started TTC, I wanted to be pregnant like...YESTERDAY, so it's safe to say you probably feel the same way!

If you have any questions, I'm an open book! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

i'm going to start temping this month. i wasn't before, but if i can't rely on the OPK tests, i need something else. i was never on birth control and my periods are usually pretty regular. i just need to firgure out how many days my cycles are. they are def. more than 28. and yeah, i wanted to be pregnant yesterday. i remember my husband saying, "don't worry babe. first shot and we're done!" YEAH RIGHT!!!

I had an awful dream last night after watching that special called My Monkey Baby on TLC. I dreamt that I got a baby monkey and pretended that she was my child and I threw a lady bug themed birthday party and people didn't want to come because they thought I was crazy :eek: (which the people on that show unfortunately are crazy). Even worse, I kept losing the baby monkey, so I wasn't even a good monkey mom in my dream, haha.

Okay, sorry for such a long post. Sending baby dust to everyone!

omg! that is so funny. i keep thinking that if i don't get pregnant i'll turn into one of those women who buy those "real babies" and actually think it's a baby! ahhh!!

yeah I noticed that! :laughing:

It's just one of those days!!!

So...I made an appt for my annual tomorrow...I had been putting it off b/c of all the RE visits. And they kept asking if I had done it, and I said "No, because I don't have time to take off work for my pap because I'm here so much!" :rotfl:

Okay, admittedly, I also put it off b/c it's just plain uncomfortable and I'm already going through ENOUGH uncomfortable things involving my lady parts. I used to keep up with my annuals only b/c my bcp would show that my refills were almost out, and there was no other way to refill them. LOL

But the only appt I could get tomorrow (my day off) was at 8:15 am...and the office is almost an hour away. And I am thinking about cancelling because do I REALLY want to wake up before 7 am on my day off???? :sad2:

i def. wouldn't want to get up that early on my day off. but sometimes it's easier to get it over and done with. LoL

BTW, thanks so much girls for all the advice. I'm so glad i can rely on you guys to answer my questions!!! if not, i'd be freaking out!! :grouphug:

omg! that is so funny. i keep thinking that if i don't get pregnant i'll turn into one of those women who buy those "real babies" and actually think it's a baby! ahhh!!:

My husband and I were out walking our dog a few weeks ago and we passed an older couple pushing a stroller and I leaned over smiling trying to see the baby and it was a dachshund! :rotfl:

I hear ya. I had hoped to be preggers by 31. I'm now 33. Oh well....

Hey, guess what? Today is the day four years ago, I became Mrs. Farringer! I can't believe it's been 4 years already. :cool1::confused3

Gonna make steak tonite. Steak and fries.

Gabbie

Hi Ladies! Just wanted to give once quick update. I had my viability ultrasound today and saw the baby and the heartbeat! The u/s tech actually had to ask me to hold my breath so she could measure the heartbeat because I was SO nervous. She saw what she thought was a small bleed, so I was sent up to my Dr.

My Dr doesn't seem concerned at all. She said it's teeny tiny and might be leftover from implantation or just fluid. I haven't had any spotting. She said my numbers are good...measuring at 6.2 weeks and heartbeat was 124. Based on when I normally ovulate, 6.2 weeks is just about right.

I go back for another ultrasound in two weeks to check on the bleed. I'm still a nervous wreck. DH is ready to tell the world, but I keep telling him I'm not ready yet. I'm not sure what to do. Let DH tell everyone, enjoy it and what happens happens....or make DH wait longer.

Anyways...this will be the last update I post on this thread. I know from experience, it is great reading about successes, but it hurts just the same. The last thing I want to do is hurt anyone on this thread as I couldn't have made it this far without this thread!

Hi Ladies! Just wanted to give once quick update. I had my viability ultrasound today and saw the baby and the heartbeat! The u/s tech actually had to ask me to hold my breath so she could measure the heartbeat because I was SO nervous. She saw what she thought was a small bleed, so I was sent up to my Dr.

My Dr doesn't seem concerned at all. She said it's teeny tiny and might be leftover from implantation or just fluid. I haven't had any spotting. She said my numbers are good...measuring at 6.2 weeks and heartbeat was 124. Based on when I normally ovulate, 6.2 weeks is just about right.

I go back for another ultrasound in two weeks to check on the bleed. I'm still a nervous wreck. DH is ready to tell the world, but I keep telling him I'm not ready yet. I'm not sure what to do. Let DH tell everyone, enjoy it and what happens happens....or make DH wait longer.

Anyways...this will be the last update I post on this thread. I know from experience, it is great reading about successes, but it hurts just the same. The last thing I want to do is hurt anyone on this thread as I couldn't have made it this far without this thread!

My goodness what a day. I'll be thinkin of you and your peanut. I'm happy and sad at the same time to see you go! I am so happy that I get to see you graduate though!:goodvibes Send me a PM now and again to let me know how you are doing and I'll update the girls, especially as you get closer to your due date. As we all have shared our sad moments together it would be lovely to hear about your happy day too. We're friends after all and that's what we do, and believe me we've all shared more then most!:laughing:

We all know that being around people who are pregnant is hard! Crud, I was surrounded by them yesterday! They turned up EVERYWHERE! I said to a friend of mine I really couldn't be too mad because after what I/we have gone through you never know the journey that someone has taken to get to that special time so after the groan I can smile because they give me hope and so do you!:goodvibes

Bonne Chance mon ami! Laissez les bon temps roulez! :hug:

I'm pretzeled for ya!:goodvibes

and a little misty. . . :upsidedow

Please check in again Skuttle! At least when your little one comes. We want to be able to celebrate the victories on here! It makes me so happy to hear from those of you that have gone on to have healthy, happy babies... it gives me hope.

Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy, and I know what you mean about being cautious about telling people, but I think when I finally get pregnant I won't be able to stop myself from yelling it from the rooftops! I bet that little heartbeat was the best sound in the world :goodvibes

Mornin! What a cool weekend! We decided on a last minute trip to WI on Saturday cause of weather and it was lovely! Didn't get time to hit the computers so couldn't reach out to D&DD but I will next time;) It was nice to go into the sun and tan for a while without getting to burned.

Should be a slow week this week. Nothing new on the horizon for me until next Monday when I get my test results. How's everyone else doing?

I haven't been on the TTC thread in forever since I've sort of given up on myself.... but I had to pop in and say CONGRATULATIONS skuttle!

That is awesome news and actually gives me hope that sometimes... it just happens when you least expect!

I'm so happy for you! :)

Good luck to everyone else here, too. Even though I don't post, I still lurk every so often and hope to see many more BFPs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter