True? You Can't change your room with online checkin?

This year we want adjoining rooms in the Jamaica section, so I am not going to do online check in. I will fax my requests a few days before we go.

My DD is a CM at a resort, and she has told me that since they implemented the new system they are no longer looking at faxed requests. Make your request when you make your ressie.

Last year when we used online check in, our request was not honored. But when I asked them if we could change to Jamaica at CBR, they did change it for us. But when we went to the room assigned, the room was still occupied by guests. We then had to go back to check in and get a new room assigned. They were great and for our inconvenience, we were upgraded to waterview in the Jamaica section.

This year we want adjoining rooms in the Jamaica section, so I am not going to do online check in. I will fax my requests a few days before we go.

They have done away with room assigners and it is done by computer. Faxes are discarded and thrown away.

Denise in MI

They have done away with room assigners and it is done by computer. Faxes are discarded and thrown away.

Denise in MI

If it's done by computer, how do they know the requests?
We haven't booked yet, but when my TA makes the ressie I'll be sure to have her note the requests. Do we then just wait until we get there to see where they put us?

If it's done by computer, how do they know the requests?
We haven't booked yet, but when my TA makes the ressie I'll be sure to have her note the requests. Do we then just wait until we get there to see where they put us?

I asked that when I was on the phone having my requests added to my reservation. the CM said the computer can read requests, I think they have to be put in a certain way.

I don't think they've done away with all room assigners? I seem to remember a post by Rustyscupper on this, but not 100% sure.

I asked that when I was on the phone having my requests added to my reservation. the CM said the computer can read requests, I think they have to be put in a certain way.

I don't think they've done away with all room assigners? I seem to remember a post by Rustyscupper on this, but not 100% sure.
In December, I spoke with a room assigner/front desk trainer at the CR when I checked-in. I asked him about the impact the software upgrade has had on the number of room assigners and their jobs. He said that they have not lost their jobs or been re-assigned (yet;)) and that they still review the reservations and assign rooms. While the new system can assign rooms, some room requests are still indeed handled by an actual human being:).

I was able to use on-line check in today for Pop. DD16 wants to be in the 1950's section on the ground floor. I was able to check a box for ground floor. The other boxes were for a refrigerator, pack-n-play, and "near transportation."

So, it looks like I'll have to call and note our request for the 1950's section, right? Is there a better time of the day to call with such requests?

(If we don't get it, it's not a huge deal. In our several stays at Pop, we've only been assigned to the 1950's and we like it over there. Who doesn't love a bowling pin pool?!)

I was able to use on-line check in today for Pop. DD16 wants to be in the 1950's section on the ground floor. I was able to check a box for ground floor. The other boxes were for a refrigerator, pack-n-play, and "near transportation."

So, it looks like I'll have to call and note our request for the 1950's section, right? Is there a better time of the day to call with such requests?

(If we don't get it, it's not a huge deal. In our several stays at Pop, we've only been assigned to the 1950's and we like it over there. Who doesn't love a bowling pin pool?!)

Yes, you will need to call, since you are so close to check-in. A few people have reported you can e-mail requests, but you are too close to check-in.

You can call anytime of day, but I would avoid say 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm (I am in Eastern standard time) as that is lunch hours for the four time zones. Phones seem to be jambed at "lunch hours". I call as soon as I get to work in the morning at 6:30 am and usually get right through.

Yes, you will need to call, since you are so close to check-in. A few people have reported you can e-mail requests, but you are too close to check-in.

You can call anytime of day, but I would avoid say 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm (I am in Eastern standard time) as that is lunch hours for the four time zones. Phones seem to be jambed at "lunch hours". I call as soon as I get to work in the morning at 6:30 am and usually get right through.

Thanks for the advice. I'm in the Eastern zone, too. I'll try around 4:00. I just hate being on hold for 15 minutes or more and that's what I typically experience no matter when I call. I was able to do all of our reservations -- resort and dining -- on line and it is sooooo much easier. Unfortunately, no where to put in requests.

Thanks for the advice. I'm in the Eastern zone, too. I'll try around 4:00. I just hate being on hold for 15 minutes or more and that's what I typically experience no matter when I call. I was able to do all of our reservations -- resort and dining -- on line and it is sooooo much easier. Unfortunately, no where to put in requests.

There are two ways of doing it if you were not going so soon.

You can make requests at time of booking.

You can pick the "Contact Us" screen and send your requests via e-mail; you will get a confirmation back in about a week. That is about how long it took mine.

I don't think you would have time to do it now, but for future reference, that is how to do it.

There are two ways of doing it if you were not going so soon.

You can make requests at time of booking.

You can pick the "Contact Us" screen and send your requests via e-mail; you will get a confirmation back in about a week. That is about how long it took mine.

I don't think you would have time to do it now, but for future reference, that is how to do it.

I was not aware of the "contact us" e-mail option. I'm always learning something on the Disboards. Good to know for the future -- and I'd love to have a paper trail on that (not that they can guarantee anything). We leave on April 1, so I'll just call. Thanks again Missytara!

In December, I spoke with a room assigner/front desk trainer at the CR when I checked-in. I asked him about the impact the software upgrade has had on the number of room assigners and their jobs. He said that they have not lost their jobs or been re-assigned (yet;)) and that they still review the reservations and assign rooms. While the new system can assign rooms, some room requests are still indeed handled by an actual human being:).

Good to know. I'm glad they didn't get rid of the room assignors.

I have been trying to decide whether to use it. I want to be able to change my room if it is too far away from bus stop "FOR US" at POFQ. I have read on here that it isn't an option if you do online checkin.

I have a king room and want to try getting river view even if I have to pay extra. But that too would depend on the building.

I will get there by noon. What do you all think?

I'm sorry, but have you looked at the POFQ map? I'm afraid it's not going to be possible to get a room that's close to the bus stop and also a river view, since the bus stop is at the front of the resort and the river is at the back.:confused3 Personally we like Building 4 courtyard view. If you are right dead center on the top floor you might get a glimpse of the river there and you'd still be close to the bus stop. Click twice on the map below to enlarge it and you'll see what I mean:
http://allears.net/acc/portorleansmap.jpg

I'm sorry, but have you looked at the POFQ map? I'm afraid it's not going to be possible to get a room that's close to the bus stop and also a river view, since the bus stop is at the front of the resort and the river is at the back.:confused3 Personally we like Building 4 courtyard view. If you are right dead center on the top floor you might get a glimpse of the river there and you'd still be close to the bus stop. Click twice on the map below to enlarge it and you'll see what I mean:
http://allears.net/acc/portorleansmap.jpg

Building 1 and 7 look really far away but the others look like they might work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter