True? You Can't change your room with online checkin?

srutko1226

Earning My Ears
I have been trying to decide whether to use it. I want to be able to change my room if it is too far away from bus stop "FOR US" at POFQ. I have read on here that it isn't an option if you do online checkin.

I have a king room and want to try getting river view even if I have to pay extra. But that too would depend on the building.

I will get there by noon. What do you all think?

I have been trying to decide whether to use it. I want to be able to change my room if it is too far away from bus stop "FOR US" at POFQ. I have read on here that it isn't an option if you do online checkin.

I have a king room and want to try getting river view even if I have to pay extra. But that too would depend on the building.

I will get there by noon. What do you all think?
Not true. You will just have to get into another line to speak with a CM/room assigner in order to possibly change your location and you won't be able to designate a room location preference on the online check-in page.

We have asked for and gotten our room changed after we did on-line check in with no problem at all. We did not have to get onto another line to do it.

Not true. You will just have to get into another line to speak with a CM/room assigner in order to possibly change your location and you won't be able to designate a room location preference on the online check-in page.

So maybe it is just better to not do it.

Online check in can be done 10 days prior to your arrival date, but your actual room is not assigned until a few days before you arrive. Things can even change by the time you arrive at the resort.
But honestly, the POFQ is small and compact, none of the buildings are far from the bus stop and the main building you really can't go wrong.

We have asked for and gotten our room changed after we did on-line check in with no problem at all. We did not have to get onto another line to do it.

This! We've also had no problems getting a room change after we arrived at the resort.

I look at it this way, on-line check in is like the Express line at the grocery store. Quick & easy, grab your stuff & go, supposed to be fast.

If you think you want to speak with someone about switching rooms, buildings, views, etc i think the best way is to do regular check in.
I always use regular check in. I think it defeats the purpose of on line check in if you want to change things when you get there. Kinda like the person on the Express grocery line that has a limit of 10 items, but has 20 things in the cart.

The best way to get your room requests is to have them listed right on your reservation. So if you have a certain building you want, phone reservations and have it noted on your reservation. Again, 5 days before arrival I fax the room assigner with my request. It's best to have no more then 2 or 3, listed in order of importance.

Same here too. I had a request on my reservation for a ground floor room to make it easier on my Dad using an ECV, and they had assigned us a third floor room. It took maybe two minutes to make the change. I think, based on the room number, that the first room would have had a better view, but we really needed the ground floor convenience.

I look at it this way, on-line check in is like the Express line at the grocery store. Quick & easy, grab your stuff & go, supposed to be fast.

If you think you want to speak with someone about switching rooms, buildings, views, etc i think the best way is to do regular check in.
I always use regular check in. I think it defeats the purpose of on line check in if you want to change things when you get there. Kinda like the person on the Express grocery line that has a limit of 10 items, but has 20 things in the cart.

The best way to get your room requests is to have them listed right on your reservation. So if you have a certain building you want, phone reservations and have it noted on your reservation. Again, 5 days before arrival I fax the room assigner with my request. It's best to have no more then 2 or 3, listed in order of importance.

Unfortunately, room requests aren't always met for whatever reason, and you don't know until you arrive at the resort and have already waited in the online check-in line. In that case, I have no problem asking during check-in if there is any way our request can be met, even though we've used online check-in. In the two times that has happened to us, the CMs have always been kind and gracious in helping meet our requests.

Unfortunately, room requests aren't always met for whatever reason, and you don't know until you arrive at the resort and have already waited in the online check-in line. In that case, I have no problem asking during check-in if there is any way our request can be met, even though we've used online check-in. In the two times that has happened to us, the CMs have always been kind and gracious in helping meet our requests.

That's true but in this case the OP has two more requests - not far away from a bus stop and a river view but only after seeing what the assignment is. If I'm behind that person in the on-line check in line and I have to wait while he/she gets the perfect room and all I want is *a* room, I'm not going to be happy.

If anyone has any other specific requests or wishes other than what they put into their initial request, please don't use on-line check-in. That's supposed to be for people who just want to get their keys and go. On-line check in should require almost no interaction with the Cast Member.

Going back to that express line check out with a grocery store. Imagine yourself behind someone who has two items in the basket but then goes up and sees they have medium size eggs but they really wanted large size eggs. So now a runner has to go all the way to the back of the store (after the runner is summoned over) and get the large size eggs. It's a pain and one that you did not anticipate when you entered the store already depending on using the express lane for your one item. No one is really at fault but wouldn't you be a bit put off if you had somewhere to be and wanted a quick trip through the express line?

Last year when we used online check in, our request was not honored. But when I asked them if we could change to Jamaica at CBR, they did change it for us. But when we went to the room assigned, the room was still occupied by guests. We then had to go back to check in and get a new room assigned. They were great and for our inconvenience, we were upgraded to waterview in the Jamaica section.

This year we want adjoining rooms in the Jamaica section, so I am not going to do online check in. I will fax my requests a few days before we go.

I love online check in!

I always send my room request 4 days before arrival and do my on-line check in 10 days out. We have gotten what we wanted. If I didn't I'm sure I could ask the CM who hands everything to me to change my room.

This is really a non-issue at the FQ.
It is the smallest of all resorts and the walk is never too long to anywhere.

It is a favorite resort!

This is really a non-issue at the FQ.
It is the smallest of all resorts and the walk is never too long to anywhere.

It is a favorite resort!

:thumbsup2 This!

Honestly, too, unless there is a serious reason for a room request (medical, etc), I personally make a request but don't get too miffed about the room assigned to me. I just make the request when I book, do online checkin, and don't think another thing about it. But that's just me.

What exactly do you fill out for on-line check in? Can you write in specific requests, or are there set ones you can check a box to make the request?

That's true but in this case the OP has two more requests - not far away from a bus stop and a river view but only after seeing what the assignment is. If I'm behind that person in the on-line check in line and I have to wait while he/she gets the perfect room and all I want is *a* room, I'm not going to be happy.

If anyone has any other specific requests or wishes other than what they put into their initial request, please don't use on-line check-in. That's supposed to be for people who just want to get their keys and go. On-line check in should require almost no interaction with the Cast Member.

Going back to that express line check out with a grocery store. Imagine yourself behind someone who has two items in the basket but then goes up and sees they have medium size eggs but they really wanted large size eggs. So now a runner has to go all the way to the back of the store (after the runner is summoned over) and get the large size eggs. It's a pain and one that you did not anticipate when you entered the store already depending on using the express lane for your one item. No one is really at fault but wouldn't you be a bit put off if you had somewhere to be and wanted a quick trip through the express line?

I am with you on this one. If someone has something that is really important to them and will be asking for a shift once there, then regular check in makes more sense. While the room may already be assigned, the rest of the stuff is not yet done like it is with online check in.

My point exactly ;) Which is why I go thru regular check in. I do have my requests noted on my reservation, but if i don't get it, i will politely ask if there is anything available that matches my request.
I feel on line check in is for no changes once you get to the counter.

What exactly do you fill out for on-line check in? Can you write in specific requests, or are there set ones you can check a box to make the request?

Unless you need a fridge (in the values) or a pack'n play, you cannot check off a box to make requests.

Requests should be attached to your reservation and can be made at time of making your reseration until about five days before you check-in, which is about the time the room assigners are receiving the information from CRO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter