• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tropical Storm Ernesto and I are going to WDW for my B-day! Complete! Posted 10/8

Tictoc

I loved your report! The picture of you and your husband dancing brought a tear to my eyes, what a romantic he is!

Quick question, how much did the profile picture of the kids cost? I am taking my 2 nieces next month and would love to have this done with them and give it to their mother as a birthday gift.

MickeyNicki said:
Tictoc

I loved your report! The picture of you and your husband dancing brought a tear to my eyes, what a romantic he is!

Quick question, how much did the profile picture of the kids cost? I am taking my 2 nieces next month and would love to have this done with them and give it to their mother as a birthday gift.

Thank you MickeyNicki--it brought tears to my eyes as well! He is such a great guy!

The picture is 16 dollars per subject so it was around $50.00. For frontal views I believe it was 25 dollars per person.

Do not give up on me I will try and finish the final day today!

Glad you enjoyed it. I have enjoyed writing the reports from both of my 2006 trips and look forward to writing for my upcoming 2006 trips in November (solo) and December with just Rachel. Pray for me on that second one!

CRSNDSNY said:
I just want to say that I'm about halfway through your TR and I'm really enjoying it! THANKS!

Melody--that is one of the best pictures (from your signature line) I have ever seen! Just beautiful!

Thanks for reading!

I am new to the boards and I read the entire report in one sitting. Sounds like it was a great time for all. I can not wait to read the end!

I am gonna look for your other report too! :banana: :banana: :banana:

tictoc - you are a TRUE DISer, for documenting the roach! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Thanks for noticing Glendamax! Every High Class Trip Report should include photos of the disney husband flipping the camera off and a giant roach!

going to catch up on your report now!

tictoc said:
Thanks for noticing Glendamax! Every High Class Trip Report should include photos of the disney husband flipping the camera off and a giant roach!
going to catch up on your report now!

:lmao:

if I was a poet I would write poems about this report. Or I would be tictocs pal

Glendamax said:
Hey! Is this report over?! Did I miss it?!

Not over yet! Life has kind of gotten in the way this week. Team mother for two baseball teams for three players, dance class, room mother for two classrooms, Assistant Cubmaster for the Cubscouts, taxi driver for a boy and girl scout. . . . .you know the drill (or you will one day Glenda)!

On top of it all, I am making a BIG career decision. Thought it was made and now it all blew up in my face yesterday!

And with another big loss, it has just been an emotional week!

Plus you and Utah Mama keep writing these terrific distracting reports!

However, that is much more than you wanted to know, right?

I will work on another installment tonight becuase I can not leave it at this. I can not leave until you all know Rachel's plan to sneak illegal contraband on the plane. Oh, and by the way it was not a lip gloss filled bra!

So, with that said, I must get to work so I can work on that installment!

tictoc said:
I will work on another installment tonight becuase I can not leave it at this. I can not leave until you all know Rachel's plan to sneak illegal contraband on the plane. Oh, and by the way it was not a lip gloss filled bra!

YAY! Doncha hate how life gets in the way of The DIS!!!

tictoc said:
Not over yet! Life has kind of gotten in the way this week. Team mother for two baseball teams for three players, dance class, room mother for two classrooms, Assistant Cubmaster for the Cubscouts, taxi driver for a boy and girl scout. . . . .you know the drill (or you will one day Glenda)!

On top of it all, I am making a BIG career decision. Thought it was made and now it all blew up in my face yesterday!

And with another big loss, it has just been an emotional week!

Plus you and Utah Mama keep writing these terrific distracting reports!

However, that is much more than you wanted to know, right?

HEY tictoc,
It's me, Goof, I just read the above post and couldn't believe the similarity to my life.........just that it was like that 15 years ago!!
I just want you to know,,that even though you will be a mother forever(and a darn good one you are)....It DOES get easier. I am proof of that..Oh, I'm not saying that it stops...No,No, ! Just that you will someday , get some time to yourself and believe it or not,,,,Miss the frantic , crazed schedule you are living now...In the meantime...keep up the good work, It will all be worth it in the long run, and you will look back on it and be proud. :cheer2:

--------------------------------------------------------jan :surfweb:

GOOFYsince71 said:
HEY tictoc,
It's me, Goof, I just read the above post and couldn't believe the similarity to my life.........just that it was like that 15 years ago!!
I just want you to know,,that even though you will be a mother forever(and a darn good one you are)....It DOES get easier. I am proof of that..Oh, I'm not saying that it stops...No,No, ! Just that you will someday , get some time to yourself and believe it or not,,,,Miss the frantic , crazed schedule you are living now...In the meantime...keep up the good work, It will all be worth it in the long run, and you will look back on it and be proud. :cheer2:

--------------------------------------------------------jan :surfweb:

Well since you seem to have some time on your hands now, will you be available to take Rachel to her brownie meeting tonight???

Just kidding. Life is wonderful. I would have it no other way. It is just these emotional things that have thrown me for a loop this week. I will overcome though! It is actually nice to be fought over at work. The loss of a good friend, though is not making it easier! So I will just lean on all of you for now! :grouphug:

When we got to the platform we asked if we could ride in the front. We were told we would have to wait until the monorail arrived so they could check for availability. I knew that meant that it was not the monorail for that resort for that day. So I was not getting my hopes up! When it arrived the cast member told us they only had room for two people. Drew, gracious as always, offered to sit in the passenger car with me and Malcolm while the young of the clan rode in the front. This kinda worried me because those little ones fight a lot. I could just see the battle breaking out while the driver tried to control them! The two of them were so excited. They were racing to the front when Steven had the idea that he should take the camera with him to record the event. So I handed him the camera and we set off on our journey.

You know, I love having three children. I love chaos and I love to stay busy busy busy. But those few moments when it was just the three of us were very peaceful. It took forever to get to the Magic Kingdom because they stopped to do one of those routine safety checks. I knew we should have walked. Precious time was a wasting! I took a deep breath and reminded myself that this was vacation. A vacation at Disney where there was nothing new to see or do for us. It would be okay to go slow.

So with my renewed outlook on the day we arrived at the station. When we got out the two drivers got their licenses but also got some new trading cards.

49jpft2.jpg

They were so excited and wanted to show me the pictures that they had taken. They took pictures of each other. As I scrolled through the photos I found pictures of them making funny faces. Steven said it had been Rachel’s ideas to make those faces.

2qtip1e.jpg

2d0yhbp.jpg

So now that we were at the park what to do first. I had some really good ideas about a certain pirate, or some rides through the fantasies or even a trek through the future. Instead we headed to a store. Hmmmmmm…… well that was good too. So we grabbed a few goodies and during this shopping trip I became the owner of a new visor. I do not often wear hats, but Malcolm really likes me in hats, so I was game.

My other goal of the day was to get some more group photos for the Photo Pass card. So we stopped three times on Main Street to get pictures snapped.

49gfdra.jpg

Eventually we made it to Fantasyland to ride our way through all of my favorite movies. I love the Disney Classics. Some of my favorite memories as a kid involve those movies. Sunday nights meant sitting on my dad’s lap and watching The Wonderful World of Disney. When a movie was re-released it meant a very rare trip to the movies to see the magic on that humungous screen. That is when this all started for me. This obsession with all things Disney that I am plagued with. I fell in love with a man named Walt and all of his magical creations. I loved when they had the shows on nature and animals, but my absolute favorites were the cartoons. I loved the beautiful shows about love and romance that involved princes, princesses and a promise of happily ever after. So that is why Fantasyland will always be so special to me.

So here we were to say goodbye to all of these rides until our next trip. So we hit Peter Pan first. We got fast passes just in case we were able to come back again, but since there was no wait we jumped in the line for now. Peter pan is my favorite Disney movie. My favorite nonDisney movie is probably Big Fish and To Kill a Mockingbird, but that is a completely different story! As we glide over London we yell goodbye to Nana and the nursery we hold our arms out and pretend it is our silhouette on the moon. We whistle at the mermaids and yell How to my favorite princess; Princess Tigerlilly.

2zqg8ci.jpg

Then we fight off all of those nasty pirates and help Peter Pan save Wendy. We really get in to these rides so if you were in the car behind us and our rowdiness disturbed you, I do sincerely apologize. Caution to you though because next time we ride we will do the same thing. We ended this ride (after saving Wendy of course) by throwing the dreaded Captain Hook over to my name sake Tic Toc.

29y49wx.jpg

So Fantasyland was a little deserted still on this morning. We made it through all of the rides in no time at all. We rode everything too. We went to Philharmagic and smelled the wonderful smells of apple pie and we sang the beautiful songs while wearing the silly 3D glasses. On the way from one side of Fantasyland to the other Malcolm kind of veered in another direction. We had parked the stroller so of course Rachel followed her favorite parent and I was alone. I yelled out that it was fine if they went their way. I heard Malcolm laughing out loud. Really laughing like the funniest line ever from Blue Collar Comedy Hour just played through his head.

Me—“what is so funny?”
Malcolm—“Rachel just said, ‘go ahead Daddy, don’t you want your freedom?’”

Now I can not say Malcolm was not tempted to make a run for that freedom thing, but he stayed strong and remained with me.

We said goodbye to the Quicked Ween. . . .

2mhzlty.jpg

See those two buzzards? Do you know what they represent?

2mqt9ab.jpg

Goodbye Dumbo. . . .

2j14z2d.jpg

Goodbye Ariel. . .

44l0six.jpg

We went to ride those fabulous Hunny Pots next. I do love that bear and pals. I even hand painted those characters on Rachel’s bedroom wall. I did this while 7months pregnant and really feeling bad. I made a hand made tree and a swing for that bear to rest upon. So I have sacrificed for that guy. But you know, I am kind of a traditionalist too and that ride is full of melancholy for me. I miss a certain little toad and his wild ride.

As we rode through the room filled with smoke rings and into the rainy room Malcolm made not of the two watering cans over head.

4dmzz0i.jpg

Malcolm—“see those two watering cans?”
Me—“yes.”
Malcolm—“They are representative of the two buzzards in Splash Mountain.”
Me—“you know so much about Disney. . . . “
In reality, in my head I was yelling that he was wrong wrong wrong!

But that was the spirit of the day. Everything was representative of those buzzards and we looked not for hidden Mickeys but for hidden rocks, and cement and water and anything else that was in plain sight.

After pooh, Rachel noticed Alice was out and about at the teacups so off we went to say goodbye to her new best friend. We stood very impatiently in the line while we waited to see her. Now, even though there was a line, I think it was only three or four people deep. So we were impatient but not for good reason. It only took moments before we were up to Alice.

4hnde8y.jpg

So next up we page Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. . . . . .

Rhonda, Your report was so magical. I really enjoyed all of it.
I felt like I was there with you...wishing you many more wonderful
trips to the greatest place on earth! ;)

Hey! You guys had a great last day! Love the pictures! :thumbsup2

Hi Rhonda:

I have been reading your report and loving it. You have a great looking family and your husband seems like a very cool guy, as a previous poster said I think he enjoys WDW more than he cares to admit.

Why don't you eat at buffets, just curious?

Christian

cgbsilver@hotmail.co said:
Hi Rhonda:

I have been reading your report and loving it. You have a great looking family and your husband seems like a very cool guy, as a previous poster said I think he enjoys WDW more than he cares to admit.

Why don't you eat at buffets, just curious?

Christian

Thanks Christian!

I think Malcolm is a pretty cool guy myself. He did seem to enjoy this trip.

I do not eat buffets because I feel like they tempt you to overeat and I do not need any temptations!

Life is brighter on this sunny Sunday afternoon! I am working on the update for the last day and hopefully will post soon! Stay with me. . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter