Tropical Storm Ernesto and I are going to WDW for my B-day! Complete! Posted 10/8

So after Fantasyland, it was time to wander over to see that hot pirate. You know the one, Captain Johnny Jack. So as we wandered into Adventureland a litty diddy played through my head. You know the one, the one that starts out “Yo Ho, Yo Ho” but this one had a little difference to the lyrics. It went kinda like this “Yo Ho Yo Ho it is a Dole Whip for me!” So a Dole Whip it was. I veered to the right and into the Dole Whip line before the rest of the travelers knew what hit them. The boys, they don’t like no stinking Dole Whips but that girl of mine loves them. So I tossed my room key on the bar and demanded two Dole Whips please.” Now those Dole Whips are good on any given day, but on the final day they are so so so good. The knowledge that it will be a while before another whip passes the lips just makes them so much better.

So we wandered toward the Pirates of the Caribbean to see my favorite pirate. There was absolutely no line so we could have flown to the boarding station but not in today’s agenda, flying that is. Except on Dumbo of course. And well, we had already done that today. We had already said goodbye to the elephant this was all about the pirate. So we soaked in all of the scenery along the way. It kinda got us in the mood for the swashbuckling. We stopped to cheer for the skeletons playing chess and of course bought one of those POTC Chess sets at the store in the unloading are. But I get ahead of myself. . . .

On our last visit the ride was down so they could add in the additions. We have always loved the POTC.

2hyw5e8.jpg

We have a redhead. My oldest son is red headed. He is often mistaken as the not oldest son due to his short stature, but Drew the red head is the oldest. Back to topic we love to ride through the ride and yell out “We want the red head and watch Drew blush!

2rppdhf.jpg

So as you go into the ride Captain Davy Jones tells you that “Dead men do tell tales.” Davy is on a screen of smoke that looks like a screen of water so it is not until you actually go through it that you are satisfied that you will not be all wet. And there are a few opportunities to spot old Captain Johnny Jack himself and he is a hottie even as an animatronic device. He is not quite as hot in a gorgeous sort of way as Will Turner, but seems oh so much more dangerous and that is good.

So after the ride we bought some loot and headed out. Rachel noticed Captain Hook and Mr. Smee across the way and really wanted to go see those guys. So across the street we bound and it happened. Just as we approached the line, the line with only one family ahead of us, the cast member announced that the line would be closed for a few minutes so the captain and his first mate could check on their ship. Well, that did not seem like an unreasonable request so we had a seat on the bench.

It was about then that the gate next to where we were lounging opened and out came a pirate. He fled across the street to the area next to the POTC ride. So Malcolm and the young buccaneers headed across to see the show while the momma pirate held our place in line. While I was waiting I saw a very close look alike to Captain Jack come out of that gate and dance across the street to the show area. I could not resist. In the time I had sat there no one had lined up behind me. I mean why would they??? CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW WAS RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET!!!!

2luasec.jpg

So I ran across the street as well. I watched as all of my kids were inducted into the life of a pirate. They were all sworn in as official pirates. It was quite exciting I might add to see the heights to which my offspring could climb.

3yq2epz.jpg

4hb9vsx.jpg

After all of the pirate stuff and finally getting to see Hook and Smee we realized Chef Mickey’s had long since worn off. Not really, but we still had about 14 counter service credits and needed some grub. So we headed to Pecos Bills, home of the famous fixins bar. Yum Yum give me some! I got in the line to order the food while Malcolm shuffled the kids to a table. While in line, I struck up a conversation with the people behind me. They asked my opinion of the food at Pecos Bills and in doing so I discovered what they were planning to have for lunch. I asked them if they would mind if I buy their lunch and they balked at first. Once I explained I had all of these credits, they let me do the deed. I had paid for several table service meals because we really like doing the table service.

After I wished them a happy day it was time to consume all of that food. I do not remember what we ordered, but I do remember that we did not eat much of it. We had all five desserts left over of course and so we gave them to the kids at the next table.

It was time to ride Splash Mountain.

2m28hft.jpg

2ryt72g.jpg

You all know that mountain. The one where Rachel exits declaring “I want to do it again!” As we approached the entrance Rachel insisted that she would not ride this ride. It was sooooooo scary. Hmmmmm? I went ahead and went to the place to get on and she started screaming! Now all of these people were looking at me as though I am the meanest mother in the whole world. I felt compelled to explain to them that she had ridden this many times and loved it. But out of shame I hung my head low and slithered across the boat to the exit.

At the exit I waited for the male members of our party to return. I had planned for the Splash Moutaineers to become Big Thunder Mountaineers while I waited behind with the chicken, because even though in May 2005 this was her favorite ride, in May 2006 she decided it was the worst ride in the world. Well, to my surprise she insisted on going on the ride. Demanded that she be taken on the ride. Declared it to be her right. So off we all went up the trail to the queue. Ride it she did. She did insist on sitting between me and Malcolm in case she was to hit her head she had said. Whatever, just get in the train seat. So we rode and she giggled and hollared and gave a big wahoo.

We took this photo on the ride. . . .

4dwx3pk.jpg

Then as we disembarked she requested to ride on Splash Mountain. This girl is too much.

So back to Splash Mountain we trekked for a last chance to see the two buzzards. As we approached the top of the big drop, the one where Brer Rabbit says “Go ahead and roast me. . . “ Malcolm let us all know that the two buzzards at the top of that hill were representative of the buzzards from Splash Mountain. . . .. . Hmmmm that was what I was thinking too.

So as we went through the ride I snapped a ton of photos and ended the ride with a view of my all time favorite Hidden Mickey. I love the Hidden Mickey that is a silhouette in the clouds.

After Splash Mountain it was time to finish out Tomorrowland and Rachel was lobbying for a final ride on Goofy’s Barnstormer. So this happy, almost finished with this trip, family headed for Tomorrowland. We grabbed fast passes for Space Mountain and then went to ride Buzz Lightyear. We would have time to do Buzz, Space Mountain and Goofy then go by the VMK shop one final time to trade in those last scavenger hunts for playing cards.

As we parked the stroller Drew realized he did not have his hat. He loves that dirty, silly little hat and he had a melt down. It is not often that Drew has a meltdown, but he was having one at that moment. Malcolm had walked ahead of us and was oblivious to the problem as he stood at the entrance to the Buzz Lightyear Space ranger Spin. So instead of realizing he left the hat behind, he got mad at me and Malcolm for not telling him he did not have the hat. He did remember the last time he had it was at Pecos Bills. He kept blaming Malcolm and Malcolm was not happy. I was talking to the cast member to see if he could call Pecos Bills to check for it. Rachel and Steven were anxious to go into the ride. Malcolm just walked off. He does not take meltdowns well and just walked away. Which was a good solution, better than joining in the meltdown, but that left me with three hysterical kids. All hysterical for different reasons so I could not fix it all.

So I gathered the kids and went to where Malcolm was. He took Drew by the hand and headed toward Frontierland to look for the hat. It was tense. It was very tense. Steven, Rachel and I waited by the stroller for their return. This would not the heck out of our schedule and I doubted the hat would get found. I emailed my friend and told him of the drama of the last day. Lucky was I though that this was the first real drama of the trip! Within a few minutes here they came down the walkway. Father and son walking hand in hand and Drew had a hat on his head. Whew disaster averted.

2m2cleh.jpg

Now time was really of an essence. We rushed through the queue at Buzz and saved the empire from Zurg.

2rr05sm.jpg

The dilemma was left though of what to do to end our trip. Believe it our not we decided to skip Space Mountain. Malcolm took Rachel and Drew (and his hat) to ride Goofy’s barnstormer and I took Steven to the VMK shop and to get my photopass CD.

While I was waiting for the CD to copy all 144 pictures Malcolm and the gang approached. Now his idea was that he would leave me with all of the kids while he went and shopped across the street. I said okay that would work. I still had some snack credits I wanted to use! After my CD was ready I took the kids to the candy shop where we got some chocolate bars, 3 giant lollipops and 4 large bags of pretzels. I still had two credits to use for drinks on the way out. I met Malcolm in the big store on Main Street and gave him the kids. They had a couple of souvenirs still to buy and I wanted to go to Casey’s.

I also had seven counter service meals left. I am not sure if it is the right thing to do to buy other guests meals with those credits. When I pay for the credits, I think it is fine to share with others. However these credits were free so I am in an ethical dilemma. I went to Casey’s to get two bottles of water to take on the plane. . . . just kidding! Those bottles of water were for drinking on the way to the plane. I asked the cast member at Casey’s what she thought about sharing the free credits. She said she thought it would be fine. She said Disney purposely avoids making rules about those type things so that people would not have to feel like they were not doing the right thing when spreading the magic. So there happened to be a lady in line and I happily paid for seven counter service lunches for her large group!

Now it was time to meet the family and head to the car. We never really cut it close at airport time, but I always get nervous. One time when I was returning from MCO alone it took over an hour and a half to get through the scanners and I was the last passenger on the plane. It was a close call and since this was the last flight out I wanted to take no chances! Malcolm had graciously missed work for this trip and I did not want to push it by risking him not being able to get back the next day!

As soon as I saw the glub faces standing in the corner of the store I knew something was wrong. Malcolm met me with the question of the day: “have you seen my Debit Card?” What! My husband who has never lost a credit card in the fourteen years that we have been married has lost two on this trip. Plus there had been the tale of the missing Aggie Cap! Would you people please keep up with all of your crap??? He was trying to be calm but I sensed panic! I was the calm in this storm.

Me: “When was the last time you used it?”
Malcolm: “I am not sure.”
Me: “Well what have you paid for today?”
Malcolm: “Your hat this morning.”
Me: “Then you must have left it there in that store.”

So Ii sent him to Town Hall while I went back to that store. It was not in the store but they did have a few last minute things my kids could not live without. I was really dreading telling Malcolm the card was not there. He walked through the tunnel with a smile on his face and the card in his pocket. He had left it at the store and they had turned it in. What a relief. Now, let’s go before we lose on e of the kids!

This time I chose the mode of transportation and we walked to the Contemporary to our illegally parked Massachusetts van. We were after all the family from Mass for just a few more minutes!

The ride to the airport and the return of the car were uneventful. The kids were probably a little disappointed in this. When I am alone with the kids on our trips we always get lost on the way to the airport. It is usually very exciting. Then once we get to the airport I almost always go the wrong way for rental return. Not this time though, Sorry kids Daddy is here and he knows how to follow signs.

We got Burger King while waiting for the plane. The kids were eating and relaxing while Malcolm walked through the airport shops.
Me: “Guys be sure and drink up, because you can not take liquids on the plane.”
Rachel: “Well, I am glad that I got milk instead of liquid so I can drink mine on the plane ride.”

Of course the boys thought that was hilarious.

The plane ride home was a great ending to the best trip ever. We landed without misery, but it was so fun to listen to Malcolm and the kids review the events of the trip. We took the park and ride back to the van and were home before we knew it. I can say this was a great trip. I hope we can all go back soon as a group, but if not I will always have this great gift for my thirty-eighth birthday!

Here is my final attemtp at getting a photo of that castle. . . . .

2w33uxl.jpg

FAAAAAANTASTIC..

You make me want to be in Disney, even more, I will not make it back for a while but I sincerely hope you make it back soon so you can keep sharing the magic.

Have a nice day Rhonda,

Christian

Oh no, it's over! What a great great report! I've enjoyed reading about your last 2 trips so much.

When is the next trip?? You must have some idea, right? :confused3

I was excited about writing a trip report for our upcoming November trip until I read yours! It would definitely pale in comparison!

Thanks again for sharing your memories! :wave:

That was a great report...sounds like your crew had a blast, thanks for sharing :goodvibes

Sad that it is over. Great story! Go on another trip, so I can read about it! puhLEEZE! :lmao:

kimwim8 said:
Oh no, it's over! What a great great report! I've enjoyed reading about your last 2 trips so much.

When is the next trip?? You must have some idea, right? :confused3

I was excited about writing a trip report for our upcoming November trip until I read yours! It would definitely pale in comparison!

Thanks again for sharing your memories! :wave:

Coincidentally the next trip is in November! November 11-15th to be exact and this one will be kidless. Just me and staying off property. It is a work trip, but I will have evenings and one extra day to spend in the world!

I really want to read your report so please indulge me. I hope to read all about it as soon as you return. I know that it will be great.

Please tell me you wouldn't have let your kids get away with harrasing this poor man if he had been polite enough to keep his opinons to himself? Because right now you kind of sound like the exact kind of parent I have Disney nightmares about... you know the one with kids whose parents I'm going to have to threaten with a lawsuite because they wont stop their kids from bashing me in the head with a Buzz light year toy.

I don't agree with what he said. If kids misbehave long enough to become a nusiance it's not the kid - it's the parent that's letting it continue. I have no problem with kids, I have problems with parents who wont parent. I sometimes think that parents become so used to their own children's behavior that it never occurs to them how obnoxious it is to have your chair repeatedly kicked, or have a high pitched wail spiking through your ear drums. (Not to mention physically painful)

Maybe next time you could set a better example for your kids, stop your kids from fighting when they start, before anyone has a chance to get annoyed, and if someone is rude enough not to give you the chance - rise above and show your kids what real class is. Because all allowing your child to harrass this man really did is reinforce negative behavior - for them and for the "gentleman" in question.

Ok I should have read the whole report before I opend my mouth - it seems the incident on th plane was an isolated event. Still not sure it was handeled in the best way possible, but I do have to admit when I overreact. :confused3 Blame it on the literal nightmares I've had about the scenerio above after reading a certain WDW board that I never should have been on in the first place... blame it on the CT I have in about an hour that's going to start the prelimanaries of telling me whether I have cancer... blame it on any host of things and it still comes down to I overreacted and I'm sorry.

I am not offended by your comment. I agree with what you said about parents needing to parent. I did stop the fight as soon as it began. What I thought was unreasonable was that he immediately made a rude remark without giving me the opportunity to correct the kids. He stated that my kids should have to ride outside of the plane just because they are children. And I did not by the way let Rachel kick his chair. i was just really tempted to!

I am praying for you right now. As we speak, I am sending as much pixie dust your way as I can possibly muster. i hope that the tests come out well with a negative diagnosis and a positive prognosis. i work with cancer patients every day and the good news is there is so much advanced technology these days. Please PM me and let me know how the tests go. I will keep you in my thoughts until I hear from you.

tictoc said:
What I thought was unreasonable was that he immediately made a rude remark without giving me the opportunity to correct the kids. He stated that my kids should have to ride outside of the plane just because they are children. And I did not by the way let Rachel kick his chair. i was just really tempted to!

I just don't understand people like that. Being a parent is one of the hardest jobs on earth. And I have nothing but patience for good parents, the thought of not allowing a parent time to correct their child's behavior just dazes and confuses me... I don't get why anyone has to be like that.

The only time I have problems with parents and misbehaving kids (kids will be kids - that's why they have parents) who don't do anything about it (obviously - not you). Just the other day I was at the phone company and shocked when three kids started crawling all over the artwork, and moving stuff, and yelling and screaming, while the two adults with them did nothing... those are the people I get upset with.

I'm sorry about the misunderstanding about Rachel kicking his chair. I have this horrible habit of beliving what people tell me. Now - note because there are no voal inflectins here - that I'm not being sarcastic. It really is a horrible habit - esp when combined with my habit of taking everything people say litterly. It has gotten me into trouble more then once over ensuing misunderstandings. Everyone else on here figures out you're joking - I'm actually seeing the behavior being carried out. Sorry.

I will PM you with the details since you asked - it certainly couldn't hurt me to have a friend who knows something about what's going on... thank you for your concern and your prayers.

Hi Rhonda,

congrats on finishing your TR. It was awesome.

Can't believe I am finally going on my trip. Only 2 more days!! :cheer2:

Your family (including Malcolm) really looked like they had a great trip!

See you in chat!

Sue

P.S. Hey Rachel can you give me a "woo hoo", I am almost on my way to the most magical place on earth!!!!!!

tictoc said:
Coincidentally the next trip is in November! November 11-15th to be exact and this one will be kidless. Just me and staying off property. It is a work trip, but I will have evenings and one extra day to spend in the world!

I really want to read your report so please indulge me. I hope to read all about it as soon as you return. I know that it will be great.

How cool to "have to" go for work! Maybe some day.... :wizard:

We'll be there at the same time! Our trip is Nov 7th - 15th! I'll definitely write a trip report, so keep your eye out for it! :thumbsup2

Enjoy your solo trip!! Can't wait to hear about it!

Boo99 said:
Hi Rhonda,

congrats on finishing your TR. It was awesome.

Can't believe I am finally going on my trip. Only 2 more days!! :cheer2:

Your family (including Malcolm) really looked like they had a great trip!

See you in chat!

Sue

P.S. Hey Rachel can you give me a "woo hoo", I am almost on my way to the most magical place on earth!!!!!!

I am so excited for your trip. Kinda sick I guess but I was actually thinking about your trip this morning. I am so excited for you and Vicki and I know you will have a blast together. I love going with a large group. I am very jealous that you will be checking out Nemo first! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I love the TR Rhonda..I'm sad thats its over.
You'd better get there again and fast so I
can look forward to more good reading. Now
I look forward to Sue and Vickie's report! The
reports really help bring some magic and pixie
dust into my life. I can get lost in them and
actually picture myself at the most magical
place on earth!! Its heaven! :wave:

Hi Tictoc, (Rhonda)
It took me all day to read your TR, darn boss and work kept getting in the way.

I have a question:
I do not get to use Magical Express. I must have a car. So, I always have to trudge my own luggage to the hotel. Now let me tell you what I found out on this trip. If you are staying at a Disney Hotel, you can use magical express for your luggage even if you do not take the magical express bus to the hotel. The cast member told me to just mark it with my yellow bands and it would still be delivered to my room. I can not wait until my next on property trip so I can try this out.

I have read that you cannot use luggage service if you do not register with ME.

I hope I can make it to chat more, but my dh has me doing his paper work, puting it in a Word document and sending it to his phone, so he has the info for his meetings the next day. Thank goodness it is on the computer and I can sneak back and forth.

If you don't mind, I'll move this up to the "completed Reports" this weekend.
OhMari
aka Marisa

OhMari said:
I have read that you cannot use luggage service if you do not register with ME.

If you don't mind, I'll move this up to the "completed Reports" this weekend.
OhMari
aka Marisa

Marisa,

First, thank you for reading my trip report and giving it life again temporarily! I called ahead and registered for ME prior to leving the house just liek if I was using the service. I asked the ME baggage people at the airport if they would take the luggage if it had yellow tags on it but you were not riding the busses and they said yes. I also used the check in service at the hotel to check my baggage but did not ride the bus back to the airport. Hope this answers your question!

And yes, you may move my report to the completed section this weekend.

It was nice chatting with you last night!

Thanks for clarifying the ME. I will be coming in at 6:30 p.m. and we will be using ME, but I thought we should pick up our own luggage. I keep hearing how people don't get their luggage that nite and they finally get it the next morning.

I have used ME six times and have always gotten my luggage usually within an hour of arrival at the hotel. just FYI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter