Tron with an invisible disability

ShannyMcB

DIS Veteran
Hello. We are planning an August trip, likely will not be using DAS as my spectrum kiddos were ok on our last trip and their sensory issues have been improving since then.
My question regards the ride vehicles for tron. If my middle DS wants to ride and we can get virtual queue/ILL/whatever they are doing would he be allowed to ride in an accessible seat? I worry he may not be able to really comprehend the traditional lightcycle restraints enough to be safe.
I am hoping to try Hagrids while at UO but plan on him sitting in the side car. May also try flight of passage as I think he can handle this now. My concern with tron vs flight is the roller coaster vs simulator situation.
Will cast members let him ride an accessible seat even without the "visual" of it being neccesary?

Anyone can request to ride in the accessible seat. The last time we were there, a woman didn't feel comfortable riding the cycle and she rode the accessible train. I think the only issue is that you may have to wait a little longer since it's just the one car.

Agree with PP -- anyone can ask to use the accessible seats regardless of reason. My only thought is if anyone is younger than 7 and thus requires an adult to ride next to them. If you have 2 adults and can split between regular cycles and accessible seats, no worry.

Agree with PP -- anyone can ask to use the accessible seats regardless of reason. My only thought is if anyone is younger than 7 and thus requires an adult to ride next to them. If you have 2 adults and can split between regular cycles and accessible seats, no worry.
He will be 9 so if neccesary I can go with him and his older brother (12) can ride in front of us.

As someone who rode a sports motorcycle for years, it was a pleasure to ask and get the rear car (accessible seat). It has a huge advantage in my mind.; I could see the entire track and effects ahead without any stress on my neck.

Absolutely it is for anyone. And yes, just tell them you all want to sit together and they will put your other DS on the motorbike in front of you. We ride the "race car" and they don't ask any questions. Just say you want the car and be together and they will put you to the side for your turn. Usually only a few minutes more to wait.

As someone who rode a sports motorcycle for years, it was a pleasure to ask and get the rear car (accessible seat). It has a huge advantage in my mind.; I could see the entire track and effects ahead without any stress on my neck.

I have only been in the "race car" OR the front row. Both are awesome POV! for different reasons.

Hello. We are planning an August trip, likely will not be using DAS as my spectrum kiddos were ok on our last trip and their sensory issues have been improving since then.
My question regards the ride vehicles for tron. If my middle DS wants to ride and we can get virtual queue/ILL/whatever they are doing would he be allowed to ride in an accessible seat? I worry he may not be able to really comprehend the traditional lightcycle restraints enough to be safe.
I am hoping to try Hagrids while at UO but plan on him sitting in the side car. May also try flight of passage as I think he can handle this now. My concern with tron vs flight is the roller coaster vs simulator situation.
Will cast members let him ride an accessible seat even without the "visual" of it being neccesary?
Others have answered your questions re: accessible car, but I wanted to add my thoughts on the bike in case it’s helpful: we have ridden Tron several times in China and the U.S. and those bikes are more secure than they look. They put locks behind the knees so that it is nearly impossible to intentionally get out while the ride is in motion, let alone unintentionally. Not at all trying to push you outside your comfort zone (and I want totally clear if you meant for your child’s safety or that they might panic if confined)— for what it’s worth, I have more trouble on FoP (feeling trapped even though I am a 100lb woman) than Tron, but I think it helps that Tron is usually about a minute from station to station and it feels like FoP goes on forever. There are also two demo bikes outside the Tron line that you can have your kids demo before making a final decision, if you’d like (I don’t think the demo bikes have the locks behind the knees, but they do show how the back of the set secures you in the vehicle.

As others have said, you only need to tell the CM that you want the accessible seat and you want to ride together. I was there over spring break (busy time) and we didn’t have to wait any extra time. I had leg/knee surgery and didn’t feel like I could comfortably sit on the cycle. Nobody asked for any explanations.

Hello. If it is a comfort to know, my son is on the profound end of Autism spectrum, and he has rode the bikes multiple times without challenge. As others have said, it is very secure and sandwiches riders in place once positioned. If memory serves, there are tester bikes before you get to ride. If you at all feel uncomfortable, all are welcome to request to stationary seat. I hope you and your family have the best time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter