Trip Sadly Over - GCH July 19th - 24th

I am part of the first wave. We are down there in 10 days. I think it is going to be crazy.

And your menu and price list you made, I do that stuff, I never use them but i do make them. :goodvibes It's amazing what a person does when they are anxious and excited.

How exciting! That you have only 10 days that is. Not sure about the first wave of WOC. Hopefully you have enough days there that with a little flexibility it will be smooth sailing. Definitely look froward to hearing how it went. popcorn::

And good to hear I not the only one who passes the time making insane lists. :cool1: I do it with the knowledge it may not get used there. But, so far it has helped build a mental inventory of places not pre-scheduled to try, and helps me explain to mom what the options are. :thumbsup2

Now....am I correct that I can cancel PS if need be on short notice? Hoping that will not be needed but having that flexibility is handy. Already have their number saved in the mobile.

How exciting! That you have only 10 days that is. Not sure about the first wave of WOC. Hopefully you have enough days there that with a little flexibility it will be smooth sailing. Definitely look froward to hearing how it went. popcorn::

And good to hear I not the only one who passes the time making insane lists. :cool1: I do it with the knowledge it may not get used there. But, so far it has helped build a mental inventory of places not pre-scheduled to try, and helps me explain to mom what the options are. :thumbsup2

Now....am I correct that I can cancel PS if need be on short notice? Hoping that will not be needed but having that flexibility is handy. Already have their number saved in the mobile.

Oh yeah, as far as I know you can cancel them the day of. I haven't waited that long but if you don't just no show it should be okay.

I am excited that I am going to be there in 10 days but honestly I never would have scheduled for that time had I known about WoC. But, whats done is done and we are going to be there in the parks in 10 days.

I love to think about the places that I want to eat and then I always want to eat at my favorite place because of the location, the Hungry Bear is so nice because it is shady and a great place to sit and watch the world go by.

I love to think about the places that I want to eat and then I always want to eat at my favorite place because of the location, the Hungry Bear is so nice because it is shady and a great place to sit and watch the world go by.

That is good to know. It is on my list and am guessing if July is like June was in '08 we will need a shady spot to hang out and eat. And I do love burgers. :cool1:

Hear you about different travel plans if knew about WOC. I remember over the last year watching the building when we visited and being excited to see it. But having read all the posts on this and the mad house it sounds like it will be...um no.

Still, it just one part of the whole place and no matter I am certain you and the family will have an incredible vacation. :grouphug:

That is good to know. It is on my list and am guessing if July is like June was in '08 we will need a shady spot to hang out and eat. And I do love burgers. :cool1:

Hear you about different travel plans if knew about WOC. I remember over the last year watching the building when we visited and being excited to see it. But having read all the posts on this and the mad house it sounds like it will be...um no.

Still, it just one part of the whole place and no matter I am certain you and the family will have an incredible vacation. :grouphug:

Thanks. If you want to read it we have a crazy pre-trip going on, the link is in my signature.

Joining the party. Going to take a bit to catch up. :surfweb: Good thing I don't sleep. :rotfl2:

Quite a family you got going for the trip. Sounds wonderful. Not sure I could do it. One of my best times was actually last Feb when I got to spend an entire day solo! No one to slow me down. But, I actually do like having the company.

Shall see how much of the PTR I can get through tonight. Extremely excited. And of course will be eagerly awaiting the TR when you get back. :rolleyes1

Joining the party. Going to take a bit to catch up. :surfweb: Good thing I don't sleep. :rotfl2:

Quite a family you got going for the trip. Sounds wonderful. Not sure I could do it. One of my best times was actually last Feb when I got to spend an entire day solo! No one to slow me down. But, I actually do like having the company.

Shall see how much of the PTR I can get through tonight. Extremely excited. And of course will be eagerly awaiting the TR when you get back. :rolleyes1

So am I.:goodvibes

So, apparently I am not so good at updating this. ;) Been too busy reading all the other trip reports on here. So, figured I would post an update - if nothing else so I have something to reflect on. :thumbsup2

Currently trying to make a list of the must-see shows and activities and how to make sure we can fit them all in with our meal ressies as well. Somehow thought this would be easier. :rolleyes1

So far I know the will arrive Monday morning at LB and get a car for the day. This allows us to stop by a grocery store for some provisions on the way to the hotel.

So: Monday

7am Flight to Long Beach arriving at 930am
10am Grab a car. Find store on way.
12pm Check in to hotel. If room not ready store stuff and head to park.
2pm Mom goes to take a nap. I will have been up for a day and a half at this stage. :scared1::scared1:
730pm PS at Tortilla Jo's. Have bday certificate but found out it expires 2 days before we get there. So may switch to HOB (have coupon thanks to help here!!)
9pm Back to park. Maybe fire works or 2nd F! show.

More days and details to follow as I can work them out. Must...stop...procrastinating! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

The questions I have are:

A simple, non-freeway route between LB airport and GCH/DLH with a grocery store along the way.

Anyone know where the car rental place is in DTD as I will drop the car off that night or in the morning.

Any have the bday certificate for Patina and have it expire and still be able to use it? Know it a long shot, but with Dr appt and other stuff no way to come earlier.

Has Stitch been spotted recently in the parks? Had scheduled breakfast at PCH but switched to Goofy's as have heard food and experience is better there.

Ok, that it for now. Thanks for reading and any info you can give.

Cheers

I can answer one of the questions. Sort of, Stitch if he is going to be seem in a park it will be in DCA. And I will be in the park next week so I will know if he is hanging out in the park.:thumbsup2

I plan on visiting DTD so if I happen to spot the car rental place which I think is closer to the DLH I can let you know on that too.

I can answer one of the questions. Sort of, Stitch if he is going to be seem in a park it will be in DCA. And I will be in the park next week so I will know if he is hanging out in the park.:thumbsup2

I plan on visiting DTD so if I happen to spot the car rental place which I think is closer to the DLH I can let you know on that too.

Thanks for that. Both my DD and I LOVE Stitch. Would kidnap him if they would let me. :rolleyes1

And if you spot the rental place - awesome. Trying to be prepared since will have to squeeze in returning it somehow.

Thanks for that. Both my DD and I LOVE Stitch. Would kidnap him if they would let me. :rolleyes1

And if you spot the rental place - awesome. Trying to be prepared since will have to squeeze in returning it somehow.

I am pretty sure that if it is in DTD then it has to be where I think it is.

And Stitch I am sure that it would be DCA where you find him.

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

35 days and we will be wandering the land of Disney. :thumbsup2 Guess this means I should actually try and get a bit more organized. But first have to get through my trip next week. ;)

Keep thinking I got the food all taken care of, but as I read more reviews and think more I am contemplating whether WoC is worth it?! :confused3 The time is not an issue, though giving up several hours for 1 show does kind of get to me. I just not sure it is worth the standing/waiting around and trying to see over people. And how comfortable DD will be for that long.

I am also a bit cranky that they have a big chunk of PP closing so early and for the rest of the night. Means more of that we have to cram into the daylight hours. Guess it back to the drawing board for my m,aster plan. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sigh - have had to wait to do the final booking just in case the Dr said no. But, she finally got the all clear. :cool1::cool1: Such a relief.

So, called Costco today and managed to get my Grand California package with a one way car and return Supershuttle for what I thought was a reasonable price. So now we get to organize and pack. :thumbsup2 Been stalling till now as I was not sure if this trip was going to end up being a last minute trip to Hawaii instead. :confused3

I have the meal stuff done. Almost feel like I may have over planned them, but trying to remind myself that I can cancel if need be. And had originally planned to map out at least part of our days since we want to hit many of the shows. Now, I am almost feeling like maybe we should just go with the flow a little more. I know roughly the times and am thinking we can kind of make a checklist and see what falls into our time as we go. Right now it is DCA that has me most messed up. Closing so much of the park for WoC boggles my mind. But figure we find a way to work with it.

With the Costco package I knew about the priority seating for Aladdin, but apparently you also get it for Muppets, ITTBAB (which we will not do again - thinks poking in the spine is not ok and was quite painful last time.) and Animation Academy. I am a bit confused how these work. If anyone is seeing this and has any ideas I would love to know. :lovestruc

Now, back to reading everyone elses trip reports.

With only a bit over a week to go we decided last night that my DD could pick one special thing extra special thing to do. :wizard: It came down to deciding between Fantasmic dessert or the Walk in Walt's Footsteps. Both seemed equally exciting to her, but finally she decided being able to finally sit and see the Fantasmic show sounded the best.

Was a little nervous calling them today. Had figured they might be sold out so close to our arrival time. With 2 days to choose from I was hopeful. Amazingly enough there were no problems and easily got the 9pm show time on Tuesday. :cool1:

Now I am trying to figure out exactly how this works. Apparently I take the number they give me to a ticket booth and get the tickets there. (Is this the booths where you buy your park tickets?) What I found odd was that she said I didn't check in till 8pm. From what I have read from other posters I thought it was some time earlier that you went and lined up to choose your seat. Has this changed? Hoping someone out there is reading this and can help me out. :confused3

While we do not arrive in Disney for another 9 days - I have a pre-trip so I have 5 days to get everything organized and DD and DMom in line to be packed an ready when I return. :laughing: I oly have approx 9 hours from when I land from one flight to boarding the other! This should be amusing. :rotfl::rotfl:

Leave in 6 days! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Of course I have to have everyone organized and myself packed in about 12 hours. :lmao::lmao: Got to love those double trips. But I have realized I just have to have faith that the two of them will have their stuff together and my 9 hour whirlwind Sunday night will go smoothly. That not too much to wish for, right? :rotfl2::worship::rolleyes1

Wouldn't it be lovely to get home and them be totally ready?:hippie:

Wouldn't it be lovely to get home and them be totally ready?:hippie:

Indeed! My fingers are crossed and have done all I can. Now it up to them. :rolleyes1 Not sure it helps that they have just left for camping for 2 days. :confused3 So hoping when they get back they get their butts in gear.

I can pray for miracles...right? :worship::worship::worship:

Made it back late last night. Hard to believe how quickly 6 days goes by! :sad2: But, for the most part it was a great trip. Few ups and downs, and a couple major snags pre-trip for me. Overall though I think everyone had a good time.

Slowly getting photos on to my computer and sorted. Will try and start the first day and the pre-trip mayhem very soon. Sadly I did not take notes :scared1: so we will be working on my memory. This should be fun. :lmao:

A big thank you to the boards and all the wonderful advice I received. Many of these tips helped us out so much. :love:

Back again soon.

I am so bad about the notes. I promise myself I am going to take notes. I take my binder for note but I never take them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter