Trip Report

What a great set of Meet and Greet pictures.

Looks like you and Miss Tilly were having fun. Hope the boys were as well.

What an awful start to your hol. I can imagine how terrible it was. After such along travel time with the kids I would have been frantic as we waited and waited..glad Disney came through at the end for you and hope we have no more mishaps to read about!

sorry for delay crazy crazy work ......
so we finished at BBB and I finally get to meet up with the rest of my family, we headed over to Adventure land, they guys had all done Indiana Jones we went on some pooh bear ride, a train I think it was very slow little kids ride Hamish (15) was very unimpressed lol

We then went to hungry bear restaurant, pretty good value for what we brought total was approx $50 including tax
Salad for me was quiet refreshing

My Hungry Bears

[URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/veeh1234/media/20131103_083159_zps9bfab763.jpg.html]

My Cute Hungry HIPPO!

NOW its time for SPLASH

20131103_070944_zpsaa99fd5c.jpg
[/URL]

Now this ride is all fun and games till you get to the top... not to mention the drop in the dark that you dont expect :eek:
So you get to the top and over you go and OMG my butt lifted off the seat and i thought i was gonna go head first

Im not a great fan LOL

Hamish loved and had convinced saxon he will love it... "Its awesome sax it just cruises around on the water its real slow not like space mountain"

Hamish at the front saxon in the middle and my partner... loving it and poor saxon totally freakin out

They lined up again, as they loved it soooo much lol

We then headed over to tomorrowland to do autopia, star tours and a few other rides, as being it was a saturday in the park it was starting to get pretty packed.

The kids loved Autopia it was a big hit

Hamish is smiling as he had a great plan for saxon, "Yeah matey you can drive and im gonna slam the brakes on ya the whole way" They had fun.

We were getting really tired and thought it was time to go, we had an amazing day in the park and had achieved alot, here are some cute shots on our way out.

20131103_105804_zps1d0fd49d.jpg
[/URL]

We went through downtown disney and checked out the shops in there loved the disney store, spent sooo much in there but there was just disney everything :) The kids loved the lego store and seriously way way more cheaper then here at home, if i thought about things properly i could have got christmas presents.

We had reservations at Rainforest Cafe that evening, I guess there are two reasons you must do this, one just to check it all out , the indoor aquarium is pretty cool, and the other to try the CORONARITA'S now the place is really loud and we had to ask to sit in a quieter area as miss tilly was not having anything to do with the snakes or monkeys screaming out LOL

As per usual with all the food in america the portions are on a massive scale, seriously how is a girl supposed to get through a salad!!!

Its a mountain

Here is some other food pix that the guys ordered

But wait for it here is the best drink on the planet!!!

I was ordering them two at a time YUMMO, with sax in my ear saying
"Mum oh my god you are going to get a headache"
Hahahaha wrong!!! No hangover headache cure is better than to shop, as we were heading off to citadel the next morning.

We went back to the hotel and seriously we were all out to it straight away, hmmmmm short lived as i had a symphony of snorers in my room. After hours of tossing and turning i couldnt cope with the snoring tenors, so at 3 am i went to mickeys gym, it was awesome mickey on everything and of course I had it to myself so that was even better!!!

I'm heading away for the next few days so Ill continue with report when i return

What is that drink? It looks a bit like the Coronarita my husband loved at Bubba Gumps, except yours looks frozen (even better).

I agree about Lego prices. We got some in the States, but my DH wishes we got more. Next holiday we are heading to Walmart and stocking up.

Have a great time away.

We loved the food at Hungry Bears too. And that Coronarita looks like a mighty hangover.

Joining in as I love to hear about fellow Aussies at Disney :-)

Not a great start upon arrival at LAX but you guys are making up for it. Good job. Looking forward to more when you get the chance.

Congrats on the engagement :love:

Enjoying your TR :goodvibes

What a horrible first day! I can't believe you arrived first thing in the morning and didn't even get to DLR until that night :scared1: Your kids are all troopers! But honestly, I don't think it would have mattered who were flying with - it would have been chaotic and no communication.

Glad the DLH stepped up with an upgrade to add some much needed pixie dust to your trip :goodvibes I think I would have cried when I finally arrived there too!

Looks like a fun-filled first day. DH was reading over my shoulder and said 'that little girl doesn't look very impressed considering she's at Disneyland' :rotfl: I'm not much of a morning person either, but at Disneyland it I'm happy at any time of day!

It's great that the princess meet and greet is included with the BBB package. It would certainly add much more value. Your DD looked very cute, and I'm glad it cheered her up :goodvibes Sounds like the boys had a great day too!

We will definitely be heading to the Rainforest Cafe on our next trip. Mum, Dad and I went when we were in DLP, and Mum thought it was great! They went back another couple of times after I'd left. I don't think any of us would be interested in a coronarita though :crazy2: And that salad really is a mountain!

Looking forward to the next instalment.

And congrats on your engagement!

Great trip report! You sure had a unique welcome to the US didn't you? Glad the DLH sprinkled some much needed pixie dust over your family :)

A Coronarita was on my to do list last trip, but somehow I forgot to try one. I'll put on the top of my list this year, lol.

Thanks for sharing x

Looks like you had an awesome time! Too bad about the timing of arrivals, we were in Hawaii at the time, and thinking what trouble it would have been if we'd been heading to LA...I'm sure after a day in Disney those memories began to fade! I can't wait to head to Disneyland next year for their 60th Anniversary!

Day 2.
Sunday and we are heading to Citadel for a days worth of shopping :dance3: we had arranged for the citadel shuttle to to pick us up at Paradise Pier. Highly recommend the shuttle, as it takes you direct and the Onsite hotels are the first drop off points on return so after a days worth of shopping, this is great as the last thing you want is to be going to hotel after hotel.

We arrived at approx 10:00am we decided it would be best if we split up my partner taking the boys and me and tilly and we were going to meet up for lunch.
HOT TIP: If you go to customer services, you can hire a really cool toddler car shopping trolley for free!!!! It has a steering wheel and room for two toddlers, they will store your pram for you too. This is great for keeping little ones entertained, but you need to get there early as the complex fills up very quickly.

Me i headed straight to NIKE :worship: 3 floors of bliss!!! We did Calvin Klein, PUMA, Under Armour, Adidas, Sketchers, GAP, Children's Place all before lunch.

Met my partner and boys for lunch where the food court was absolutely packed!!! I think the guys got a massive slice of pizza for lunch, for me it was all about the coffee as I was still feeling the CORONARITAs from the night before LOL

Round two of shopping after lunch and we spotted this

Tilly was pretty happy with that from memory it was some kind of street wear shop. Tilly was doing a great job shopping choosing outfits for me, she has some fruit and fell asleep in the trolley LOL, passers by were asking me where did i get the trolley from. Now the trolley does take a bit to maneuver so going through all those little aisles can be a bit tricky.

We finished up at 5:30 and i believe i brought something from every shop. Favorite was NIKE, Under Armour and Calvin Klein.

We had to buy a suitcase for our hoard but, but had a feeling we would need more. About 1 hour in traffic from LA back to Paradise Pier, drop off point.

A quick easy dinner tonight so we thought we would give Tangoroa Terrace a try at the DLH.
Highly recommended this place is great you walk up and order off the screen pay then collect your order, they have great variety and even have a section where you can get milk, yougurt fresh fruit and other breakfast items

This was a lovely quiet place with beautiful surroundings

In the above picture Tilly thought her daddy was going to eat her chips... LOL

Here is some of the food we had:

TOFU SALAD- couldnt finish it

HAMBURGER WITH SWEET POTATO FRIES

FLAT BREAD PIZZA

STEAK WITH DEEP FRIED BEANS ... (YUK)

We had a great meal and wandered around onsite for a while and headed to the laundry room which is around from goofys kitchen, Miss TIilly spotted Minnie, to her delight and yelled HI MINNIE from outside, yes Australians are very loud Minnie Heard her lol

Forgot to add that for our spending money and food money in the states we used our velocity travel cards, acquiring one point for every $ spent it was great, you got an email each time the card was used with a balance, so you can easily keep track. We used our cards for shuttle transfers too.

We returned back to our room as it was early morning entry to California Adventure Park the next day.

Great updates. The pool/dining area of the hotel looks so lush and peaceful. I particularly like all those outdoor lanterns.
I'm getting excited about spending a night there. :)

Ooh must find out about the Velocity cards! Is there fees involved in the initial loading? We are off in a few months so need to get something sorted for our spending money :-)

Thanks for the update.....looks just divine there it really does!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter