Trip Report

kevankiki

DIS Veteran
Thursday 9th March 2006 – Day One

Caught the 7.05am train into Waterloo, picked up our ‘Meal deals’ from Boots as planned and checked in for the Eurostar. The Disney Express stand was easy to spot and we were soon checked in there too, Kimbee was delighted as they gave her a fun pack (she is now an ‘adult’ really so this was a nce touch). We then went and had a hot drink before it was time to board. We were located in Coach 3 and we discovered on arrival at Marne La Vallee station that this gave us a huge head start, we dashed up the escalator, dumped our luggage at the Disney Express place and dashed out of the station. We could still see people struggling off the train with their luggage and little ones. Then we were running into the park, park tickets at the ready!!! WE HAD ARRIVED!!!! We headed straight for Big Thunder Mountain and grabbed a fast past ticket that was timed 2.15pm – 2.45pm (Our train had only arrived at 1.30pm!). We just had time to do Phantom Manor before returning 5 minutes early, we were still let on, I found BTM scary but thrilling. This was my first time though, it did get easier once I had been on it a few times <g> We then headed off to POTC where we did have a queue a little bit but then we had been spoiled so far! I went on this at DL California and hated it as the mist made me feel queasy. However, having been assured by someone on the board that this one didn’t have that, I decided to give it a chance – it turned out to be my favourite ride of all and we went on 7 times during our trip! By now many of the rides had queues and we were feeling pretty hungry so we stopped at Belle Notte for pizza and pasta. After we had eaten we took the shuttle back to the Hotel Cheyenne and checked in, breakfast times were now limited and with a choice of 7.30am or 10am we opted for the earlier one, even though 7.30am was technically 6.30am with the time difference! We then collected our luggage just as the rain came pelting down. We made a dash for our ‘house’; we were in Doc Holliday, room 75 which was up stairs. We unpacked super quick, by now the rain had stopped so we walked back to the park. We did Pinocchio and then went on BTM as there was not much of a queue. By now it was getting dark. We headed for PM as it looked like there wasn’t much of a queue there either, in reality there was no queue and we found ourselves alone with a scary CM called Vincent, who we didn’t trust when the lights went out so we moved about a lot! Afterwards we went round a few shops before heading back to Hotel Cheyenne on the shuttle – time for bed!

Friday – Day Two (Kimbee’s day)

We had agreed that we would each have control over a day each, while there were things we both wanted to do it gave us the chance to ensure that both of us did the things we really wanted. It would also be the choice of that person which restaurant we ate in for the main meal too. Today it was Kimbee’s Day, she particularly wanted to concentrate on the park itself so there was some deliberation here as Friday should be slightly less busy than Saturday. We were both up soon after 7am and down to breakfast at 7.30am. After breakfast we went looking for the garage by Sante Fe Hotel in order to buy some snacks, we dropped these back to the hotel and headed for the park, the walk took less than 15 minutes and we were there ready for the opening. We did Peter Pan and POTC and then at 11am went and got tickets for the Lion King show at 2pm. After obtaining tickets we went on Honey I Shrunk The Audience then grabbed a baguette and cookie to share to tide us over. Phantom Manor was next, then we walked about a bit before going to enjoy the LK show. The show was excellent and when we came out we could tell there had been a hue downpour of rain while we had remained dry inside! We grabbed fast pass tickets for BTM then did some more rides before BTM We were now hungry for dinner so we headed off to Kimbee’s chosen restaurant – The Rainforest Café. The atmosphere in this restaurant is amazing and we both enjoyed our burgers. We then returned to the park to do some more rides, mostly inside ones as it was cold and raining (we went round It’s a Small World twice as it was so quiet! Then it was back to the hotel for a pyjama party!

Saturday – Day Three (Annette’s Day)

After breakfast (7.30am again!) we headed for the Disney Studios. We started with the Tram Tour before the queues built up, this is definitely worth doing and we felt that the film effects were slightly better than the ones at the Universal Studios, LA – even though the tour itself is shorter. We then went to Disney One Studio and after the tour round we created our own virtual roller coaster (called the Way Cool Trolley!) before testing it out. We reckon we did pretty well, the ride was gentle but still enjoyable! Then we went and joined the queue for Chicken Little but he dashed off so, having got a couple of photos, we gave up on him. After grabbing a baguette again to tide us over we joined the queue for Stunt Action. This how is amazing, a definite must see, it was the one show Annette particularly wanted to see and we weren’t disappointed! The only downside was it was raining and despite being under cover we got very cold indeed. We came out just in time to catch the cinema parade, and after this we went back to the Cheyenne to put on more clothes and grab hats and gloves. Feeling much warmer we agreed we had seen enough of the Studios Park so went back into Disneyland Park. We were just in time to catch the Carnival, though it ended early due to the rain. BTM was closed due to technical problems so we headed to POTC, the 45 minute wait convinced us it was time for a dinner break so we went to Annette’s chose restaurant – Annette’s Diner! Here we had a chocolate and banana milk shake to die for! Kimbee had the Euro Chick and Annette had the Fifty Fifty – a beefburger and chicken breast in a bun with cheese and salad, the best burger ever! After dinner we caught the Carnival again and this time the rain held off. We then did POTC (twice!) before going back to Cheyenne and watching a really good programme on France 3!

Sunday – Final Day

Today we would do anything we hadn’t done that we particularly wanted to (this was basically the Railroad) plus our favourite rides. After breakfast we dropped our luggage and the Express place before heading to the park. Grabbed fast pass tickets for BTM (11.20am – 11.50am) then did Phantom Manor and POTC before we returned to do BTM. After eating pizza and pasta at the Pizza Outpost we returned to POTC again for our final ride there. Then bought some DL Popcorn to die for before doing Casey’s Junior and the Disneyland Railroad. Our last and final ride was Phantom Manor – it was good to start and end our visit with this particular ride! The time was now approaching to leave for the Eurostar so we choked back our tears and went and bought baguettes to eat on the train.

I think this sums up what a wonderful trip we had, I would add some photos but it says I can’t post attachments, does anyone know at what point one is able to do this?

Annette, Kimbee what a brilliant trip report.
You really made the most of your time and great that you enjoyed some of the rides that you were less sure about before you arrived.

Regarding your photographs are you loading them first to DIS photo board, or photo hosting site such as photobucket, imagestation first?
If you need any help with instructions then feel free to PM me :)

Wow, that was so quick - and what a great report!! Thank you!! :goodvibes

Great idea you each having control of a day - and Well Done Annette for going on BTM!! :thumbsup2

What a lovely report, Annette!:goodvibes

I am so glad you both enjoyed your holiday and were brave enough to go on POTC and BTM. :thumbsup2

Would love to see some of your photos! :)

Cyrano said:
Regarding your photographs are you loading them first to DIS photo board, or photo hosting site such as photobucket, imagestation first?
If you need any help with instructions then feel free to PM me :)

Okay, I have had some help from Kimbee using photobucket :yay:

Hopefully these will work:

NetKim.jpg

KimiCorn.jpg

Annettes3.jpg

PJ1.jpg

I hope these are not too big :cool1: :rotfl2: :stir: :yay: :badpc: :crazy:

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments, I feel proud of myself for going on BTM, 4 times too! :woohoo:

I have also now added some photos of our trip :3dglasses

Brilliant report! Sounds as though you had a great time and did all you wanted to do and more! Great photos too!

Yesh, I think it sums up our holiday well...
Its a shame I have to wait 2 years until my GCSE's are over and done with, but I hope I can get it into Annettes head that it would be lovely to go strait after (just us two again) as a "Congratulations" heh, I think it will all be worth it if I have something to look forward to after GCSE's ;)

TAKE ME BACK HOME :(

Great report. Glad you had such a good time and covered all the things you both wanted. :goodvibes

You've added your photos! They are great, I can see you are both having a wonderful time! :sunny:

Im glad you enjoyed your holiday,the trip report is great,I also think the atmosphere in the Rainforest Cafe is superb.Its one of my favourite eateries in the Resort aswell as Annette's.Glad also ye enjoyed BTM & Pirates aswell as Phantom Manor of course!!
:smooth: :smooth:

Thanks for the post, it really gives a feel for everything you did. I am getting very excited as we are going in one week. I have a question for you and anyone that has an opinion. I was concerned that you kept mentioning long waits. I will probably arrive around 1:00 pm the first day, and that seemed to be when you had the worst quese (you'll have to teach me how to spell it!) Is there any tactic or rides you recommend for late arrivals? Thanks so much.

Most rides have a fastpast... Big Thunder Mountain has a fast past, but you have to be quick as some rides do run out of fast pass quickly, you might still have to que for a bit but not as long as others, on one of our days the que to big thunder mountain was for 80 mins... not pretty!

I suggest fastpast or going to eat earlier than you had planned and then go on some rides while everyone else eats (This is a good way to beat the food que too, me and Annette ate in Rainforrest cafe and when we came out they were queing and they had to que for 20 mins or something)

A good time to hit popular or busy rides is in the evening, about 7 or half past. This is the most quietest time, me and Annette went on Its a Small World two times in a row (this line is sometimes longer than an hour, so it proves my point) and another ride we went on was Pirates of the carribean... This was another 2 times round ride ;) oh, and dont forget going on Phantom Manor about half past seven ALONE... (sometimes you have to que for at lease 30 mins)

So, I might not be much help, but I reccomend fast pass, and if they are all run out, fast ques, like on POTC and Phantom Manor, where they do take in many people at a time.

If you turn up at about 1.00 then I suggest eating before, food ques will be quite long...

Travelbug12 said:
Thanks for the post, it really gives a feel for everything you did. I am getting very excited as we are going in one week. I have a question for you and anyone that has an opinion. I was concerned that you kept mentioning long waits. I will probably arrive around 1:00 pm the first day, and that seemed to be when you had the worst quese (you'll have to teach me how to spell it!) Is there any tactic or rides you recommend for late arrivals? Thanks so much.

We arrived at 1.30pm on the first day, which was a Thursday so probably not a busy day, we dashed straight for BTM and grabbed fast pass tickets then went to Phantom Manor where we didn't have to queue at all! (In fact I was trying to send a text message home and didn't have time to send it before we had to go in, I had to send it when we came out again :lmao: ). POTC was next and we did queue a little but I probably wasn't prepared for the one hour queues we saw at the weekend at that point - my idea of 'queuing' was anything longer than 10 mins at that stage :teeth:

You don't say what day you arrive on?

Kimbee and I must be psychic, we've both replied to Travelbug12 at the same time :rotfl:

I think we both give different tips though so hopefully it doesn't look like a double post :blush:

kevankiki said:
You don't say what day you arrive on?

No, but it says they posted: Today, 03:46 AM

So, depending where they are from its about Wednesday/Thursday... yes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter