• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip report - "Dreams do come true" (video complete - pg 45)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary,
You look great and the trip report is wonderful! I was telling my fiance Ryan about your Jim and he thinks he is awesome! Does Jim like Halo?? We have Halo parties all the time here!

I can't wait to see you at WMU in the fall! It will be so much fun to have someone to discuss a Disney wedding with!

Thank you all again so much!! I'm having a hard time with the next part, because I have it written but I don't what to do for pictures, since I wasn't taking them at the time and I haven't gotten back the professional photos yet. I was hoping that my professional pics would be up this week and then I would have something to add to the story.... ah well I will think of something soon!!

Honeybun7677 - feel free to use the tip envelope idea however you like - I actually got the idea for that and the door hanger on this forum! I'm sure yours will look great :)

Mommy poppins - I think I will print this out when it is done, that is a good idea! Thank you so much for your kind words, Jim does say the exact same thing. I guess guys named Jim are a good catch ;) I am really looking forward to reading your report!!!

JJClemson - I agree with you completely, but of course DH would rather be playing video games then writing ;) After I read the bit that he wrote, I told him he should write the whole trip report! I am glad he wrote the little bit he has though, so I could see what him and the guys were up to before the ceremony!

LUV2DzNee - I'm sorry to hear about "everwood" being cancelled - even though i've never seen it. Glad I could make you feel a little better though!

Beana9802 - thank you so much, you have me blushing! :goodvibes

disneyheaven - You are so sweet!! Thank you so much for the very kind words! :goodvibes I will try to answer some of your questions but I don't know the answers to a lot of them.. Jim picked out the Tuxes at After Hours - he picked out the colors and everything! He doesn't remember the style numbers I'm afraid and I wasn't with him when he picked it out so I know nothing about them! The girls dresses were from David's Bridal and they are a royal blue color. I think they might have a different "official" name, but that's the color that they were :). Sorry I can't be of more help! That's so cool that you'll be wearing the same bridesmaids dress - I'm sure you're going to look fabulous!!

nkkilala - thank you so much and that is so cool that I will "know" someone when we move this summer!! For some reason it makes it seem a little less daunting! That's awesome that you have "halo" parties! Jim plays halo and I think he said that sounds really cool! :) Though his current obsession is currently World of Warcraft, so he'll have to practice "Halo" a little bit before we move! :rotfl: I look forward to seeing you at WMU and hearing about your upcoming Disney Wedding!

Thanks again to everyone who's been reading the report and to those who've posted - I'm really glad you are enjoying the report and really appreciate the compliments! :grouphug:

I will try to post some more before the end of the night :)

Mary...you are an absolutely gorgeous bride! :love: :love: I'm really enjoying your trip report. Jim's report is great too. You seem to have done a great job relaxing yourself with the bumps in the road wedding morning. It's reports like this that make me sad that it'll be 2 whole years til my VR.

:grouphug: Much love and HuGGz

it really DOES read like a fairytale, your narration is beautiful and so full of life. I cannot wait to read the rest! i'm on the edge of my seat! (Like i don't already know you get married! haha) :love:

Tinkerbellz and HeatherLynn - thank you both so much! :)

Okay I FINALLY got my sister to email me some of the pictures my mother took before the ceremony so I could have some photos to fill in the gaps, thanks Jenny!

---------

The limo stopped at a security gate for a second and then proceeded forward into epcot. I thought they were going to drop us off right behind the American adventure, but to my surprise the limo kept driving forward until we were on the promenade around the world showcase. How cool! There was Italy! The limo driver dropped us off right at the front of Italy.

148291255_532b387d10.jpg

I couldn’t believe how beautiful everything looked! When we walked around Epcot during a normal theme park day, we knew the place was pretty, but it looked SO much more elegant and beautiful with very few people around. All the flowers were out for the Spring & Garden festival and they really added a lot to the pavilion. It was beautiful! I didn’t have a chance to look around or gawk much, since time was limited and we had a lot of pictures to take! I saw Stan the videographer in the background getting some establishing shots of the pavilion. The coordinator came up to us and said goodmorning and Randy (the photographer) came up and introduced himself. The coordinator handed me my bouquet – my gosh it was beautiful! It wasn’t exactly as I pictured it, but then things seldom are, but it was so pretty! I put the bouquet up to my nose to smell them. Randy asked “Mary did those flowers smell good?” and went to snap a picture. I said “yeah they did” and I heard the coordinator laugh, then Randy asked me to smell them again so he could take a picture… Ahhh that’s what he meant, okay lol. Then I noticed my hidden mickeys inside the bouquet, oh yeah I had forgotten about those, how adorable!! I pointed them out to Randy and he snapped a few pictures of them. I loved the hidden mickeys, there were three of them in my bouquet along a few other blue crystals here and there, added just enough sparkle to the bouquet, it was perfect! Pictures do not do my bouquet justice!

I noticed the morning mist was out and you couldn’t see Spaceship Earth in the background at all. That worried me a little since the ceremony arrangements and alter were centered around spaceship earth being the backdrop. Ah well, I could see the sun shining brightly behind the mist and hoped it would soon burn the morning fog away.

I also noticed that they were playing Disney music in the futureworld part of epcot pretty loudly and was wondering if that was going to interfere with being able to hear the music in our ceremony. I didn’t worry about it though. It was enjoyable music, I love listening to Disney music, so it was nice to have that playing in the background while we took photos.

Randy put me next to one of the columns in the Italy courtyard and just started snapping away. He put us in different combinations of bridesmaids and mothers, mother and father.. mother and father and sisters.. etc.. I kept trying to keep my veil kind of in front of my arms because it made me a little less self-conscious. Randy saw that that’s what I preferred, so he would let me know when to fix it or not, he was great about that!

One of the assistants pinning the boutonierre (or however you spell that) on my father
148881937_9ca782b3b8_b.jpg

The lady about to pin the corsage on my mother
148882695_47fe02fe7b.jpg

me pointing out the hidden mickey on my bouquet to Randy (we didn't get any good close-up shots of my bouquet, but I know the photographer did, so I'll add in some more pics of that when I get the professional photos)
148880978_6426a15cc7.jpg

The morning mist hovers over us as me and Jenny take some pre-ceremony photos
148881325_7ced3577d6_b.jpg

A good shot of the train of my dress
148882912_7677335c87.jpg

Randy getting on top of the bench to take my photo from above
148930107_bf8529ef95.jpg

Another one of Randy getting on the bench to take my photo as the bridesmaids gossip
148882164_04ec23bde6.jpg

I saw Barry (Jim’s dad) sitting at a table in the courtyard with my father. I didn’t have a chance to go say anything to him, but I think I waved to him. I think I remember him saying “you look beautiful” which was sweet of him.

Sue & Barry sitting around waiting
148882510_76adfbd758.jpg

Sue listening to Barry’s heartbeat?
148881669_8cffd79fc1.jpg

Since I was pretty much in all of the photos, I really didn’t have a chance to look around much and only caught a glimpse of the ceremony site once. It had looked beautiful, but I kept trying to sneak more peaks at it to see what it looked like again. There were a few poses were Randy would tell me to stand there and look behind me, where I felt like my head was turned 180 degrees lol.

I knew the Groomsmen and Jim were all in the Alfredo’s restaurant in the corner of the pavilion. The coordinator assured me that Jim was not allowed to move from his seat facing the opposite direction. But at one point someone said “there’s Chris, he’s peaking!” I got a little worried that Jim was looking too, but someone assured me it was just Chris.

At one point the officiant came by and introduced herself to me. She was very sweet!

Even though it was still foggy out, Randy took us over to the Isola for a few more pictures.

Walking to the Isola
148883152_94d04ba302.jpg

148883446_6bdb4405cb.jpg

Jo, lisa, janiece and me with our backs to the isola. You can see the officiant to the right
148887117_d35074fdf0_b.jpg

148887327_ad4e5fdd6d_b.jpg

The bridesmaids and me on the bridge to the isola. You can really see the fog in this picture. I have no idea who those people are to the right
148887544_0114b26bb2_b.jpg

148887752_84cf24acbf_b.jpg

148887937_a3208d418d_b.jpg

When I was taking some pictures with the bridesmaids on the bridge of the isola, I forget how it got brought up, but I think we were talking about the “something old something new”. I hadn’t worried too much about that whole adage, but I had borrowed my sister’s old garter to wear so I would at least have “the borrowed” covered. I wasn’t going to worry about the “blue” part because blue was everywhere in my wedding – the flowers, the bridesmaids dresses, etc… but I said “I guess it worked out because I couldn’t find the white underwear I was going to wear, so I wore some that are blue” and then I laughed and said “and I guess that could be the old too”, and then I heard Stan say “at least it’s not the something borrowed” which we all thought was pretty funny.

Randy took a few more shots of just me, and I hear all the bridesmaids laughing and being silly. We look over and they were taking some pictures with this fake donkey pulling a cart of flowers by the Italy pavilion, Randy snapped a few candid shots of them being silly. Can’t wait to see them!

Here’s a few my mom took
148892976_ba09c90929.jpg

148893172_a38a4db08f.jpg

Towards the end of the picture taking I notice that the sun was shining brightly and all the mist and haze from the morning was gone and it was a beautiful, clear day!

Stan asked me to say a little message to Jim to the camera. I knew he was going to ask me something, but I didn’t have anything prepared and just figured I would say something from the heart when the time came. I don’t remember what I said exactly, I will have to wait to see the video to remember!

Stan records a message from me to jim as I continue to contort my neck
148893677_619cf0d995.jpg

Some more pictures from the morning
148911563_6e6a81463e.jpg

148911633_339008097a.jpg

148911671_fdf32defc3.jpg

148911715_50e8d3404e.jpg

144950870_de9f35b99e.jpg

148911768_52f3a5fbf8.jpg

148911806_de9406ce9c.jpg

The picture taking didn’t seem to last very long – it was already going by so quickly! I have no idea how long we were actually taking photos for. It was such a blur and I don’t remember much of what happened. I’ll have to wait to see the photos to try to piece it together!

Before I knew it, it was time to take our places!! The limo drove back up to the pavilion and the coordinator walked me and my father over to it. On the way to the limo, I saw Chris (jim’s brother) walking towards the ceremony site. Oh yeah, he was going to hand out programs! I waved to him and shouted “how’s jim doing?” He shouted back “Jim’s good! He’s happy and nervous – he keeps smiling a lot!” Awwww how cute, I could just picture it!

The coordinator asked if I was ready and I was like “I guess!” But then I realized my shoe buckle was loose again and asked if she could tighten it for me (since it was very hard for me to reach down to do it). She tightened it as much as she could and then me and my father got back into the limo. I started to get nervous and excited!!

The fog is starting to lift as my mother helps me walk towards the limo. You can see the ugly construction wall in the background
148893342_4d333f5bf3.jpg

Some basic shots of the Italy pavilion
148883527_8f31c9910d.jpg

148883515_33d8081b76.jpg

148883556_26b195f398.jpg

148883572_f3c5e0a1e7.jpg

148883582_4cb6727fff.jpg

Spaceship earth through the barber poles by the isola
148883505_e0f205e073.jpg

The unity candle table
148883474_51504ff02b.jpg

One of the programs and a bag of rose petals on a guest chair
148883593_d996c82d97.jpg

A close-up of one of the flower arrangements at our altar, with spaceship earth in the background
148883605_45f83c87ee.jpg

Everything looks beautiful, especially YOU! I love your dress and the location and everything! :love: I was so excited to see a new installment of your trip report. :Pinkbounc Can't wait to read more.

I would LOVE to have a wedding in Italy. Wish I could afford a custom, but it's just not in the budget. :rolleyes: So, I'm living vicariously through you right now. :teeth:

Hi Mary! :wave:

I love reading your TR! You were gorgeous and I LOVE the blue of your BM dresses! Can't wait for the next installment... :)

c

Can't wait to read more of your wonderful wedding and story.

I have a couple questions for you if you have time....
What time was your wedding ceremony scheduled for?
How did you choose Italy for your pre-ceremony photos?
How did you choose your wedding ceremony location?

I wish you all the happiness with your marriage. I am celebrating 11 + years myself and have been blessed with two children. I wish you the same (if you want kids someday..... : )

Ohhh I love this!!! The pictures are sooo beautiful!!!!!!! :) So nicely told!!!

This is the best story! It's like a fairy tale! The pictures are great, you were a beautiful bride. Let's see the rest of the pictures! Keeping us in suspense, eh? Boy it's tough to be patient. :teeth:

Thanks so much for sharing these. It must have been an incredible trip for you, I'm so happy for you!

Thank you all again for your comments, they are really sweet! :goodvibes

Disney Hot Mama said:
I have a couple questions for you if you have time....
What time was your wedding ceremony scheduled for?
How did you choose Italy for your pre-ceremony photos?
How did you choose your wedding ceremony location?
Thank you, Disney Hot Mama! :) ... Our ceremony was scheduled for 9 am bright and early (which means the guys were there for photos at 7 am, me and the bridesmaids were there at 7:30 am... guests were picked up by chartered bus from 7:45 - 8:15 and were seated at the isola at 8:40 am...) the ceremony lasted until 9:30 am. It was a very early wedding!

We took our pre-ceremony photos in Italy because we were getting married on the little island that juts out from the Italy Pavilion (called the "isola") :)

I chose our ceremony location to be the isola because I thought it was beautiful!! I really wanted to get married IN a theme park, epcot being the only real choice for wedding location in a theme park, I chose epcot.. I love epcot anyway though so it wasn't a hard choice!! I looked over Disney's official wedding website and looked through their (very limited) picture selection. While I thought all the country locations were beautiful, the isola was my favorite. I love that it is overlooking the lagoon and looking out on the world showcase.. seemed less like "italy" and more like "epcot" if that makes any sense! Some of the other location choices seemed a little too confined or shadowy. While they are beautiful, I wanted something bright and sunny (although our location was a little too sunny lol). I loved the bridges that took you over into the isola - of course I didn't know until 4 days before the wedding that one of the bridges was going to be under refurbishment and have a big ugly construction wall around it!!

I hope that helps answer your questions, let me know if you have any more :)

Our guests had boarded the Chartered Disney-cruise-line bus starting around 7:45 to 8:15 (it picked them up from 3 different hotels). The bus dropped them off right behind the American Adventure around 8:30 am right as I was finishing up the pictures and getting into the limo. Around 8:37 they started walking to the isola as the limo with me and my dad were safely behind the scenes. (love those time-stamps on the digital pictures!)

The disney cruise line chartered bus
148290571_734217924e.jpg

Everyone aboard
148290503_15a4de89fe.jpg

Jim’s nephew, William looks bored
148290252_9de0e756c8.jpg

Unloading the bus
148290755_1824c1cfa0.jpg

148290837_d28fb0af32.jpg

Jim’s neice, mia, chillin
148291019_0184773f97.jpg

148291075_1a5a517ed4.jpg

Walking to Italy..
148291347_0aa93b6dfc.jpg

In the limo…
148291155_af62477101.jpg

From this point on – I have no idea what was happening at the ceremony. The limo drove us to behind the American adventure area again and we waited and waited and waited for what seemed like an eternity. I couldn’t see anything that was happening and I couldn’t hear any of the music or anything. You don’t really think about that when you’re planning the wedding! In your minds eye you think you’ll be able to see everything for some reason.

I had no idea if the ceremony had started or what was going on. I started to make sure I didn’t have anything in my teeth or up my nose lol. I noticed there was make-up on the fingertips of my gloves, but didn’t think anyone would notice.

The limo driver didn’t say anything to us the entire time, so I really had no idea what was going on. It seemed like it was taking a LONG time. I had no idea what time it was either. My dad told me a joke to help pass the time. “An atheist is walking through the Himalayas when all of a sudden this giant big foot creature jumps out and is about to devour him.. the man drops to his knees and screams ‘God please help me!!!’… then he hears a booming voice say ‘I thought you didn’t believe in me??’ and the man responds ‘well a second ago I didn’t’ believe in Big Foot either!” I chuckled and then went back to being nervous. Then we see the Disney Cruise line chartered bus pull up in front of us, and see two guests pile out and start running towards the ceremony – I wasn’t sure at the time but I thought it looked like two family friends of Jim – Ali & nene. I guess they had missed the bus, maybe that’s why it was taking so long! – must have been late, guess that was what they were waiting for. Okay, it would probably be any minute now..

During the rehearsal, when the coordinator was practicing with my father about how to “give me away”, after the coordinator asked “who gives this women away” (or however they phrased it) – my dad had responded “her mother and father do” and we had all laughed and said “aren’t you the father?”. So I went over again with my dad what he was supposed to do and say at the ceremony. But mostly I just sat and waited impatiently.. I think that was the hardest part of the entire day - just sitting and waiting and not being able to see what was going on!!

At the ceremony…..
I wished I could have heard some of the music, we had a guitar and flute duo. For the seating of the guests they were playing a medly of Disney love songs such as Bella Notte, Once upon a dream, and a dream is a wish your heart makes.. then the parents would be seated to “Circle of life”.. Jim’s dad first, then my mother and Jim’s mother would walk down the aisle together to light the side tapers of the unity candle…. Then the officiant, Groom, and groomsmen would walk down and take their places to the tune of the love theme from the superman movies (“can you read my mind”)…. Then the bridesmaids would walk down to “When you wish upon a star”.. and then it would be my turn. I still haven’t seen any video footage of any thing that happened before I was there, so I have no details to add there! Here are a few pictures, mostly taken by Kevin (my brother in law)…Still don’t have the professional pictures, so my choice of photographs is limited…

Guests walking towards the isola (I hope the ugly construction wall didn’t stick out too badly!)
148291416_7c5d2b065f.jpg

Jim’s brother, chris, handing out programs in a newsie accent.. “pay-pahs!!… get your pay-pahs here! hot off the presses”
148291485_be31e4d4ca.jpg

171177193_977fe3576e.jpg

171176834_18733df73b.jpg

on the isola…
148291563_f07a0b904e.jpg

148291619_1e266c40ab.jpg

148291661_10bf409a19.jpg

I don’t know why, but I have NO pictures of the altar arrangement until the middle of the ceremony. I will have to fill in this gap later on when I get more pictures!
edit: here's one.. You can't see the flower arrangements very well in it though, they didn't place them where I had wanted them for some reason.. no big deal
171162995_03e4a150dd.jpg

the unity candle arrangement
171163348_1c603bae1f.jpg

Guests take their seats and look over the programs…
149295402_a48071f98c.jpg

Here are some pictures of the program we made (i took these pics back at home, except the first one...)

148883593_d996c82d97.jpg

programoutside1a.jpg

DSC07327.jpg

the back
programoutside1b.jpg

The parents and groomsmen assemble
148291729_351d8fa559.jpg

148291788_12d8cca745.jpg

Barry (jim’s dad) walks over the bridge to be seated as “the circle of life” plays on the guitar and flute
148291849_ffab6478c0.jpg

148291910_a732707119.jpg

My mother and Jim’s mother walking over the bridge (Sue is obstructed by the light pole)
148291989_01cd7e1bb0.jpg

They light the unity candle side tapers as Randy snaps a shot of them
149294125_4104c93a1a.jpg

Here's a link to the music played during this part of the ceremony, my DH transferred it to mp3 for me :)
http://jimcorbin.homestead.com/files/Superwedding.mp3

The music changes to “Can you read my mind” (Superman love theme), as the officiant, Joann, walks over
148292189_56fd69e0da.jpg

And there’s Jim! Doesn’t he look so handsome!
149295432_abe0781616.jpg

148292288_111c351f33.jpg

awww!
148292389_62cf9f67fd.jpg

The Groomsmen follow after Jim…
The best man, Matt
148292484_0f91391b62.jpg

Chris (jim’s brother)
148292544_74849639a0.jpg

Jim’s friend, Corey, with the sun in his eyes
148292611_c6d73e1e6a.jpg

Jim’s adopted sister’s husband, Josh
148292710_f744184174.jpg

How dapper they all look!
148292776_c32eca0cfa.jpg

149295337_b05bc152b1.jpg

The music changes to “When you Wish upon a star” as the bridesmaids begin their processional
Janiece walks over…
148292841_2e3281aeb1.jpg

Jo walks over..
148292950_1e627058f4.jpg

(when talking later to Jo and her fiancé (also named Jim), Jim said when he saw Jo walk by he was like “damn my girlfriend’s hot!” lol)
148293013_47c26e0c28.jpg

Lisa walking down the aisle
148293169_5cc044a2d5.jpg

Jenny walks over..
148293099_8ef61397af.jpg

Jenny walking by
148293226_623d4b99c8.jpg

Stupid sun was in everyone’s eyes!
149295461_a568830e3b.jpg

149294210_744fbec9ca.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter