Trip report - "Dreams do come true" (video complete - pg 45)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all so much, your comments really make my day!! :goodvibes :goodvibes I'm almost done with writing the Wedding Day but there is a lot to write about!

Rocketralph - I have never been on the DCL yet, but am dying to try it!! Hopefully one day soon we will try it!

Thanks again everyone! Hope to be done with the next installment soon!

Mary,

Your vivid description makes me REALLY anticipate my wedding day (this coming Sunday- 5/21). Though it will not be a DFTW, I'm hoping that it's still as magical as yours!

:cool1:

FutureMrsC said:
Mary,

Your vivid description makes me REALLY anticipate my wedding day (this coming Sunday- 5/21). Though it will not be a DFTW, I'm hoping that it's still as magical as yours!

:cool1:

I'm sure you will have a magical, beautiful wedding!! Wow it is so close, I can imagine how excited you must be!!! many congratulations to you and your soon to be husband!!! :goodvibes

Mary, your trip report had my laughing and with goosebumps all over remembering my Wedding Day last June (4th) and Honeymoon in WDW. We had the ears too and its amazing how many people stop you etc but as it was June with a Hurricane passing round the outside of Florida it was SUPER HOT and Matt got a little hot under his Top Hat, us English, not used to the heat you know!

You give such a detailed trip report that I feel I know you and Jim and it's like we are there with you.

My Husband said when he dropped me off at my Mums te night B4 the wedding he nearly cried when he drove off as he felt like it was the last time he was gonna see me!! Bless him!

Can't wait for the next installment and the PICTURES!!

Mary626 said:
My new backpack since my old one was falling apart
143216933_462fac7bc3.jpg

OMG That is so cute I want one. Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

BeckWhy said:
OMG That is so cute I want one. Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

I loved this bag! I happened to find it in the Yacht Club gift shop for $18.00 but I'm sure it's available other places around WDW.

I had been using a backpack very similar to that for the past few years, but on this trip it finally broke completely (the elastic around the straps came off) - and was really sad that it broke! I went to the store to look for just a regular backpack or something, and found this and it was perfect and cheap!!! I use it all the time, it is a very practical bag and light to carry!

Mary626 said:
I loved this bag! I happened to find it in the Yacht Club gift shop for $18.00 but I'm sure it's available other places around WDW.

I had been using a backpack very similar to that for the past few years, but on this trip it finally broke completely (the elastic around the straps came off) - and was really sad that it broke! I went to the store to look for just a regular backpack or something, and found this and it was perfect and cheap!!! I use it all the time, it is a very practical bag and light to carry!

HAHA I have a handful of these mini-backpack purse things. All I need is one more. I can here my bf now....... *rolls eyes*

I'm excited to see the wedding and the rest of your trip. Trips like yours always brings tears to my eyes. It makes me so excited for my upcoming trip with my bf. Its not our wedding or anything, but its our first vacation together. I love how your hubby, Jim, takes pics. I hope I can get Eric into it.

:wizard: This is absolutely hands-down the best trip/wedding/honeymoon report I have ever read!!! I have just spent a loooooonnnnnggg time reading it.

I have having a small wedding with only close family members and then we are off to Disney. You have given me so many great ideas too!

Thanks so much... I can't wait to follow along... :goodvibes

I am loving your trip report so much. I keep getting teary eyed in anticipation of our trip in December. :love: Thank you for taking the time to share so much with us. I can't wait for the next installment! :goodvibes

You all have no idea how glad I am that you are enjoying the trip report!! Thank you all so much for your comments, I sincerely appreciate them!! I'm so glad I can share my memories with everyone, they are so much fun for me to re-live :goodvibes

I'm almost done writing the whole wedding day, but it's going to take me a while to upload more pictures and copy and paste the links into the report, so I thought I would post a little bit here and there instead of all at once. Thank you for taking the time to read my report!

----------------------------

MONDAY – 4-24 – WEDDING DAY DAY 5

The alarm was set for 4:30, but I woke up before the alarm went off, around 4 or so. That gave me a little over 2 hours of sleep. I knew I needed more sleep but was too excited to fall back asleep again, so I just got up and got an early start on getting ready. I hadn’t bothered to steam my petti-coat since no-one would see it obviously, but thought it might be a good idea if I brought it in the shower with me and let the steam in the bathroom get some of the wrinkles out of it (which it did). I took my shower and put on a silk robe Sue had lent me to get ready. She had thought ahead and said I needed to wear something that I wouldn’t have to pull over my head once the cosmetologist was done with my hair. I put a big safety pin at the top so it wouldn’t keep opening or reveal anything. My mom woke up when the wake-up call went off and made the bed and cleaned up a little bit. I made sure all my stuff was ready and decided to charge my camcorder in case my mother or anyone wanted to use it at all today.

Around 5 am, the cosmetologist, Lisa Pena, came to the room and started setting up her curling irons and things. She asked what kind of hair-style I wanted. I told her I wanted it down and curly and left the rest up to her to decide. She got to work on my hair. She said she would do my hair, then my mother’s hair, and then my make-up and veil in that order. She was very friendly and sweet!

My dress hanging up..
147969439_1d99952cee.jpg

My mom putting her make-up on and my camcorder charging on the corner of the bed
147969582_24415be5f2.jpg

My petti-coat hanging up in the closet
147969563_20f1ae9796.jpg

My shoes, nylon, corset, garter, etc
147969624_5842d47486.jpg

Our view in the morning
147969651_b066ec3a0a.jpg

147969692_1fc8345584.jpg

Lisa Pena doing my hair - she was so sweet!
147969709_bf317342af.jpg

Around 5:30, 3 of my bridesmaids – Jenny, Jo, and Lisa came to the room, along with Lisa’s friend Lynn. I had told them all ahead of time that if they wanted to get ready in my room they were welcome to. I was surprised they had all gotten up on time and had decided to come, I was really glad they were there!

One of my favorite things about my wedding day was everyone getting ready in my room. It was so much fun and you could feel the excitement in the air! I was really happy we all got ready together in the same room. I understood Janiece couldn’t come because she had Gracie to take care of, and since Josh was a groomsmen they both needed to get ready until the babysitter they were hiring could come.

While I was still getting my hair done by the cosmetologist, my mom ordered some room-service so everyone could have a little breakfast. I asked for some fruit for myself and some coffee.

Everyone carefully moved my dress over to a different place so they could use the area in front of the sinks to get ready. My mom was so funny, she kept watching over my wedding dress like a hawk. She’d say “don’t get any make-up on the dress!” or “don’t step on the dress!” when ever anyone was near it. We were all joking about how she’d give everyone a dirty look when they got too close to the dress the entire morning.

Lynn smiling brightly
147969956_25a5028d86.jpg

Jo hanging up her dress
147969890_eef2d4870f.jpg

147969912_f770745d1c.jpg

Everyone getting ready
147969937_b6df36188c.jpg

Lisa and Jo getting ready
147969753_fc0794d154.jpg

Jo & Lynn getting ready
147969777_f7cddd4588.jpg

Jenny getting ready
147969820_b0bfa08f9f.jpg

The cosmetologist finished my hair with the tiara in it and I thought it looked beautiful! Everyone agreed and said they loved it. I’m so glad that I used Lisa Pena for my hair and make-up! She then got to work on my mom’s hair. I heard her ask my mom what kind of style she wanted and my mom said something like “I’m not sure you can decide”.

While my mom was getting her hair done, I really had nothing to do. I couldn’t get dressed until my make-up was done. So I took a few pictures and took some video of everyone.

Lisa Pena doing my mother's hair (the first try)
147969857_48acecaac1.jpg

Lynn was doing my sister Lisa’s hair and I commented on what a great job she was doing. She told me she had been a cosmetologist and loved it but had to stop because her skin was developing allergies to a lot of the chemicals. She showed me her hands and all the damage the chemicals did and it looked pretty bad. Too bad because I could tell she had been a really good cosmetologist!

Lynn doing Lisa's hair
147970069_b64cb63c6f.jpg

Jo was doing her own hair with her curling iron and it was turning out really good too. Jenny wasn’t getting her hair done but I think she looks beautiful no matter what. Jo finished getting ready and put her dress on, she was the first one dressed. She looked gorgeous, I couldn’t believe it!! She was so pretty!!

Jo putting on her shoe
147969999_c5957340e1.jpg

And Jo is the first one dressed - BEAUTIFUL!!
147970024_133262d348.jpg

147970044_7fe6e34440.jpg

The breakfast came and I told the guy to put it on the dresser since we were using the table for the hair and make-up. Since Lisa and Lynn were on the floor, I just put the food on the floor next to them so they could eat while getting ready. I kept offering some food to Jo but she wouldn’t take any. I started to eat the fruit. I was just going to have a few bites so I would have some sugar in my system to give me some energy, but I was nervous and pacing around and I ate a lot more of the fruit then I should have without realizing it.

Room service comes
147970142_fe0b58a02c.jpg

Eating the breakfast on the floor
147970229_833e0d7236.jpg

147970373_8b8cdc1661.jpg

147970407_898bf12080.jpg

The bowl of fruit that I ate too much of
147970249_e14108b2ca.jpg

Jenny pouring me some coffee
147970301_89f8ab8ce4.jpg

After breakfast, Jenny put her dress on too and she looked amazing too!! My bridesmaids were so beautiful!!

The cosmetologist finished my mother’s hair, I really liked it but I could tell my mom didn’t. She kept asking me “are you sure you like it?” Finally I said “mom if you don’t like it, she can do something else” she kept hem-hawing about it and said it was fine she had just kind of wanted some curls. We were all like “why didn’t you ask her for curls then?” Ahh my mother is too sweet sometimes. Finally I asked the cosmetologist if she could do another style for my mother, and she said it was no problem, so she quickly got started doing a different style with curls.

Second try with my mother's hair
147970454_4a87eab321.jpg

I saw Jenny taking some candid shots and I was like “oh great Jenny is taking candids” – I have seen my sisters pictures of other people and she always manages to get people at their ugliest lol. So I said something like “Jenny takes the worst photos!” Jenny was like “gee thanks mary!” and everyone was laughing, and then I realized that they thought I meant that Jenny looked horrible in photos. I was like “no, I mean she takes horrible photos of other people! I would never say anything so mean, sheesh!”.

That reminded Jenny of something that happened the day before when she was getting her bridesmaid dress out of my mom’s room, which was right next to Lisa’s. Jenny said “which one was mine?” and my mother said “I would think it would be the wider one”. We were all laughing about that.

All of a sudden I hear Jenny say “crap, I forgot to shave my armpits!” I was like “how could you forget to shave your armpits? That’s really gross!” but I go and get her a razor and a cup of water and she starts shaving them in the middle of the room. I was like “now that’s classy!” and took a bunch of pictures so I could embarrass her later.

Jo zipping up Jenny, and me zipping up Jo
147970477_90b77eecd5.jpg

the razor jenny used to shave her armpits - that's classy!
147970516_4aad6c312c.jpg

Look at the beautiful ladies!
147970562_bfb4d33430.jpg

I don’t usually drink coffee, but I was having some that morning. I figured caffeine in my system might be a really good idea. I was trying not to drink too much though, since I didn’t know how often I’d be able to use the bathroom, and I didn’t know how difficult it might be to get out of my dress to use the bathroom.

Around 6:40 Sue came by to see how everything was going. I didn’t have my dress or make-up on, but she nonetheless told me I already looked beautiful. I thought she was the beautiful one! I loved her dress and told her she looked like a goddess, she looked great! She left before I had a chance to ask how Jim was doing. Her, Jim, the groomsmen, and Jim’s father were all leaving in the limo at 7 so she had to get going.

Sue comes to say goodmorning, jenny helps her to pin her shawl together
147970624_f5a3327cd1.jpg

the sun was coming up - it was getting late!
147970597_424ab6d4ee.jpg

Around 6:50, Lisa Pena finishes my mom hair and it looks great! I liked the first style but I LOVED the second style, so I was glad she did it twice. I sit down and she starts doing my makeup. I told her I liked light tones and nothing too colorful, but other then that I let her have complete artistic control over my makeup. While she was doing my make-up, one of the girls would come by and be like “ooooo you look beautiful” but I wasn’t allowed to see until she finished. When applying the mascara, she was like “man you got some lashes girl!” . I thanked her and told her my eyes were the only feature on me that I actually liked. She was sweet and told me all my features were beautiful.

Time for my make-up!
147970651_3a572e1f72.jpg

While I was in the chair I was facing towards the balcony while she did my make-up. I start hearing a commotion from my sister Lisa, Jenny, and my mother, but I couldn’t see what was going on. I kept asking what was going on, but noone was answering me. Finally I hear Lisa shout, in her Lisa-is-having-yet-another-melodrama-chrisis voice, “My dress doesn’t FIT!”. I couldn’t see anything so I was imagining the worst I hear Jenny say “didn’t you try the dress on after they altered it!?” And lisa was like “no she always does my alterations I just figured she did them right” and Jenny was like “I can’t believe you didn’t try the dress on” and lisa is like “why don’t you shut up, Jenny!!”

I felt bad – that was one of my biggest nightmares for the wedding, my dress not fitting. I asked my mom how bad was it since I couldn’t see anything, and if she could at least pull the dress up, she said yeah she could pull the dress up it just wasn’t zipping. Oh that wasn’t that bad! I kept trying to offer my advice – I had a old-fashioned corset that you tie up that really does its job, I kept telling lisa to put the corset on and I’m sure it would be fine, but nobody was paying attention to me. The cosmetologist was really sweet and told me not to worry about it or stress out, that it would be fine. So I just ignored the commotion and relaxed.

Finally my mom tells me that they got the dress zipped up, but then I hear lisa say “Great, my ****s are sticking out now and I look like a hoochie-mama!!” I was laughing at that. I thought she liked looking like a hoochie. Everyone was assuring her that she looked fine and that everyone would be looking at the bride anyways and not to be so melodramatic about it. I just sat back and didn’t worry about it, I was used to Lisa being like this. Lisa loves drama. The morning of her wedding she got into a huge argument with her fiancé, now ex-husband, about something really really stupid and was fighting with him the whole morning. That’s just who Lisa is, so I just drowned her out and was determined to not let anything ruin my wedding day. I was still having a great time.

I was running a little late though. I asked my mom what time it was and she said 7:20 – crap! I had to be in my wedding dress and in the front lobby by 7:30… The cosmetologist could see that I was worried and she said something like “don’t’ worry sweetie, they’re not going to start the wedding without you!” That made a lot of sense so I relaxed and tried not to worry. She quickly finished my makeup and showed it to me, then quickly attached the veil. I have really thin hair so it didn’t take too many bobby pins to keep it attached. I look in the mirror and she did a great job with the hair and makeup – absolutely perfect!! I really really highly recommend using Lisa Pena for your cosmetology! I didn’t look in the mirror for too long though since it was about 7:23 at this point.

I quickly put on my nylons, corset, shoes, garter, and gloves while my mom and Jenny took down the dress from the hanger. I looked in the mirror before I had my dress on and started to feel bad about how I looked. I tried to tell myself to shut up and that I looked fine (I am an extremely self-conscious person). I got into my petti-coat and the cosmetologist told me that it would be easier if I put the petticoat inside the dress and stepped into both at the same time. That did make a lot of sense! But I already had the petticoat on and had practiced it this way, so I just stepped in to the dress and pushed the petticoat through (I wasn’t worried about the petticoat getting wrinkled obviously). I did this as quickly as I could, it was 7:25 am already. I only had one moment to glance at myself in the mirror, take one picture, and then we headed out the door. For the one second that I had a chance to see myself in the mirror I thought I looked okay. I didn’t feel like a princess like a lot of girls say they feel on their wedding day – I was far too self conscious for that, but I thought I looked okay. I was surprised that I felt as good about myself as I did actually, though it was kind of a conscious effort. Oh well, it was who I was, and Jim always told me he thought I was beautiful, and that’s all that mattered.

I get dressed in like five seconds flat
147970696_310b7343c5.jpg

Time for one really bad picture of me, and then we're off to the limo!
147970720_c2c709b644.jpg

\
more later :)

We made sure all the curling irons were off, grabbed my wedding-bag that had a white sweater in case I got cold at the reception, my wedding slippers to change into later, my camera just in case, an extra pair of nylons, an extra pair of gloves, my “wedding emergency kit” – with all those things they say to pack – tissues, thread and needle, scissors, safety pins, breathmints, clear nail polish, etc. (I never ended up using any of the things in my emergency kit btw), Oh and some sunglasses for some reason.

Jo held up the back of my dress as we walked down the hallway to the elevator. I think most of the conversation along the way was reassuring Lisa that she looked fine and didn’t look like a hoochie. Though I remember that I kept thinking how beautiful everyone looked. I kept telling everyone how gorgeous they were, I was really blown away, everyone looked stunning, my mom looked gorgeous too!

My shoe buckle started to loosen a little on the way through the lobby so I didn’t look very graceful walking around I’m sure. Jenny’s husband, Kevin, was in the lobby too. I looked around to see if any of the other guests were around but didn’t see anyone.

We went outside the front entrance and saw the limo driver waiting for us. The time, according to the time-stamp on some of my pictures, was 7:29 and thirty seconds. Whoo, I made it on time!

The bell hop outside the Yacht Club saw me and said “Now that is the perfect dress for park hopping!” I laughed and agreed with him. Then someone jumped in front of me and snapped my picture – at first I thought it was a random guest, but when he put the camera down I realized it was Jim’s Uncle James. Darnit someone saw me! Ah well.. He said something but I can’t for the life of me remember what it was.

The limo driver opened the door for us. Kevin took two pictures of me before I got in, and then I carefully stepped into the limo and sat down. Janiece arrived and saw me and said I looked beautiful – but I doubt seeing me shoved into the back of a limo was very flattering. I told her I looked better when I was standing up. Janiece, Lisa, Jenny, my mother, and my father got in. Then Lynn started to get in and then we all remembered that she was actually a guest and was supposed to go on the bus. Oh, oops! I felt bad, but there was no room in the limo. I don’t know what we would have done if we had had more bridesmaids?

In front of the limo
135231785_44c321ac5e.jpg

My dad getting into the limo
135232823_8164a1da08.jpg

I asked Lisa if she could fix my shoe buckle and she tried to tighten it as much as possible. That was better. My mother gave me a handkerchief with a poem “to our daughter, the bride” on it. I read through it and it was very sweet! I put it in my bag and said I would have to read it more carefully later.

My mom pointed out Dad’s tie she had bought for him – it was a blue pattern of very subtle hidden mickeys. It was perfect! She said she found it at DownTown Disney. The colors and the mickeys were perfect, it was like someone made it just for our wedding.

I was so excited, we were on our way!!! I asked Jenny to take some pictures of us while we were in the limo with my camera, and said “after we’re out of the limo and with the photographer, I swear I won’t be asking anyone else to take anymore pictures!”

In the limo with everyone
147970791_746a591ac8.jpg

135232240_3e039b81ac.jpg

You can see us pulling away from the yacht club in the background
147970833_d0694bd8d9.jpg

the poem on my handkerchief my parents gave to me
148826985_d3923115a3.jpg

My beautiful mother!
147970878_03f5ecbc57.jpg

My beautiful bridesmaid and best friend Jo!
147970904_b8dd94dfb9.jpg

My handsome father!
147970943_4826bc0b6a.jpg

Even though she looks like a deer caught in headlights there, my beautiful sister lisa, my other beautiful sister Jenny, Jim's beautiful adopted sister Janiece, and my beautiful best friend Jo,, everyone looked so pretty!
147970995_cccfdbeec5.jpg

A close-up of my dad's tie
147970969_cd0deb0156.jpg

I kept thinking how amazing everyone looked, and my dad looked so handsome too! We started to get close to epcot – I could see the back of the American adventure coming up. We were getting close, it was almost here!!

More later :)

Oh, you know how to keep u hanging on for more, I will have to check back later for the next part of the day.

You look beautiful by the way, and not having too long to ponder on your outfit in the mirror is a good thing. I too am self concious and on my wedding day I had 5-10 mins before leaving to eat, drink and get changed! I had no time to panic!

I am loving the report! And your Dads tie!

Yea!!! Thank you Mary for giving us all more, more, more :) I think you look sooo pretty in your pictures. We are having Lisa Pena and a crew of hers ;) come do our hair and make up--there's going to be like a million people crammed into that room :) I love reading your report, you really put us all in the moment with you--and I love it!! So glad that you are putting this all together (so fast, but so detailed!!!) and sharing it with us :) So can not wait for the rest of your tr--I had to read another tr on another board just to tide me over ;)

Hi Mary - I just LOVE your TR! Everything is so detailed and real! It gives me goosebumps everytime I read it and I can't wait for my DFTW! I have a couple of questions for you...

- Where did you get the Mickey and Minnie tip envelopes? I think they are adorable!

- I saw that you did CP in 1999? When were you there? Where did you work? I did CP in the summer of 1999 and worked at Wide World of Sports. I was just wondering if we were on CP at the same time?

Thank you so much, Emmo, Goobergal, and Mindystar!!! :blush:

honeybun7677 - Thank you :) I put the tip envelopes together myself. I made the graphic using 'adobe photosop' - made it to the same size as the envelope, and just put the enveopes through my printer. I was surprised at how easy it was actually! Sorry I thought I had answered your question about the CP before, I must have forgotten. I worked in the fall of 99 at "Mouse Gears" at epcot - which had just opened up. It was an interesting experience, though I was terribly home-sick at the time I did it! (was the first time I was away from family).

Mary you are such a sweet person.... :sunny: ..I love the way you keep commenting on how pretty everyone else looked. Let me tell you...you looked like an absolute princess! princess:
Your Dh is a very lucky man to have a wife so beautiful on the outside and the inside. :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter