Trip Report: * Christmas with Mickey 2010 * "The Surreal Trip!" w/lots of pictures!

Oh, the dreaded "TO DO" and "To BUY" lists! Those keep me up all night...

:rotfl:

I've had the dreaded "I forgot something at home" nightmares already. :lmao: I will be at peace once the car is packed and we are on the road. :cloud9:

:tinker: Jennifer

:rotfl:

I've had the dreaded "I forgot something at home" nightmares already. :lmao: I will be at peace once the car is packed and we are on the road. :cloud9:

That's bad too! I've also been envisioning us waking at 7am next Wednesday, when we're supposed to wake at 2am to catch a 6am flight :scared1: I'm guna set multiple alarms.

I've got some more items checked off my" To Do" list in my previous post. Also, some things we've done that I hadn't thought of ...

:thumbsup2 Bill brought my watch and jewelry to Jared's to be cleaned today. Also, he had a new battery put in my watch. So, everything is sparkling for the cruise.

:thumbsup2 I paid bills online today.

:thumbsup2 I tried on my fancy dress and was surprised it still fits. However, Emily (DD8) tried on her fancy dress and it doesn't fit. So, I have to try and find her a dress tomorrow. These kids grow so fast!!!!! She wore the dress twice! :sad2:

:woohoo: Bill already got his hair cut. But, I still need to cut the boys hair tomorrow night. Since it is getting colder, I will not do the usual short and spikey hair cut. Will (DS10) complained the other day that I make him bald when I cut his hair. He is getting older and wants to grow it out. So, I am not too sure what I am going to do with his hair tomorrow night. Probably not the best time to try something new. :rolleyes1

:woohoo: My personal hair stylist will color my hair tomorrow night. The things a man does for his wife. Thank you honey! :love: He does a great job! (Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone! ;) )

:thumbsup2 The dry cleaning has been brought and picked up from the cleaners. However, I just bought Bill a new white dress shirt today for our Palo dinner. So, now that has to be brought to the cleaners. :confused3

:thumbsup2 I have made about three trips to the store and think I know have everything we need for the trip. (except Emily's dress)

Since we are missing Christmas Eve dinner with Bill's family, I am making a tray of lasagna for his sister to freeze and reheat for Christmas Eve dinner. Bill is going to bring it over to her on Wednesday after work. So, I will be busy making lasagna and baking cookies tomorrow. I don't think there are enough hours in the day tomorrow for everything on my list. :scared1: It will all get done. I have confidence. :goodvibes

What to pack?!?!?!?!
Have you seen the weather report for Walt Disney World lately???? It is cold!!!!! We've traveled to WDW around Thanksgiving before and the weather was always iffy (cold one day and warm the next). I think we will have to bring a little of everything on this trip because we are going to the Bahamas too. Bathing suits and winter jackets, this will be an interesting packing situation. :lmao:

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: 4 Days Until ...

We pack up the SUV and head down the highway with next stop ... Walt Disney World!!!!!!!!!! :wizard:

Wow! The last few months have flown by. October and November were a blurr. I can honestly say, I am soooooooooooo ready for this trip. Bring it on! :banana:

:cool1: :cool1: 2 Days Until ...

We try to squeeze way too much stuff into the SUV. :lmao:

I have the dining room as a staging area.

:thumbsup2 The kids had a VERY successful donation drive for Give Kids The World. We have three very full trash bags ready to drop off at Give Kids The World Village on Saturday (We changed our itinerary around. So, the items don't sit it our SUV while on the cruise.) Now, we just need to find room in the SUV for the three bags. :scared1:

Will and Emily
DSC01619.jpg

The Donations
DSC01623.jpg

Walt Disney World Paperchain Countdown

Our paperchain countdown has gone from this ...
946.jpg

To this ...
DSC01629.jpg

:woohoo:

Thanks for your pre-trip report. I read the whole thing and cannot wait to read your post-trip report.

My husband and I met each other when we were single parents and never had enough money to take our kids on a vacation and never to WDW although we always wanted to. It is nice to see that your children made a paper chain to count down.

Now, we have been married for 25 years. He is an IT manager and I am an RN. But, our girls (31 and 32) are married and have children of their own.

My husband and I have only been to WDW once together and we stayed off site. We have been to Disneyland once and again stayed off site. Next year, we are staying at The Wilderness Lodge for 11 days around Christmas and are so excited. We plan on going to each of the 4 parks, doing DVMCP and resort hopping.

We have a brand new grandson (4 mos) and told our daughter we would love to take him to WDW when he is 4. She said, sure, if I can come. Therefore, we are hoping to take our whole family there in a few years. That would be great. Hey, better late than never.

Have a great time. Again, looking forward to your post trip report.

Bill (DH) took our DIScat, Minnie, to the boarder this morning. She did NOT want to get into her pet carrier. It was a sight! For a little thing, she is feisty! :rotfl: Now, I just have to remember to pick her up on December 30th. That is a long time to board her. I hope she forgives us. I wish there was a pet-friendly hotel ON-PROPERTY at WDW. :idea:

:surfweb: I do not blog or do live Trip Reports. We leave the laptop at home. So, when we get back, I will turn this Pre-Trip Report into a Trip Report. Bill just bought me a "back-up" memory card with over 3,000 pictures capability. Expect lots and lots of pictures on the Trip Report. :thumbsup2

Until then ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Merry Christmas Jennifer!!

Wishing y'all a safe drive and a fabulous trip!!! We'll be there in just 5 short days!! I'll keep my eyes peeled for y'all!!

Merry Christmas Jennifer!!

Wishing y'all a safe drive and a fabulous trip!!! We'll be there in just 5 short days!! I'll keep my eyes peeled for y'all!!

Time to get out of this Texas cold for some Florida cold. What is wrong with that sentence????? It has been colder in Florida than here. Glad the pools are heated! ;)

Have a safe trip down to the "world".

Wow! What an amazing trip! Now, that is my teaser! ;)

After the New Year's celebrations, I will get to work on this Trip Report. Until then ...

"Happy New Year Everyone! "

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter