Trip Report: * Christmas with Mickey 2010 * "The Surreal Trip!" w/lots of pictures!

DAY EIGHT (Part 4)
FRIDAY - December 17, 2010

We have plans to meet fellow DISers near the Canada Pavilion around 4 PM. So, we casually walked through Future World heading towards World Showcase. I can’t tell you know nice it is being able to walk hand-in-hand with Bill around World Showcase. We saw a group of familiar faces already forming near the Off Kilter Stage.

While waiting for the rest of our merry group, a fellow DISers said she had some Fastpasses for Soarin’ and asked if anyone wanted to go with her and her husband (Thank you Kathy!!!). My Mom and I were game, but Bill wanted to stay back and start drinking around the world. Bill was determined to have a drink in every Pavilion. Will he do it? Stay tuned to find out. After Soarin’, we made our way back to World Showcase. We caught up with the DATW group in the France Pavilion. The group had grown to about hundred people at this time. One surprise face in the group was Disney Legend Bob Gurr. Some fellow DISers befriended him onboard and invited him to Drink Around the World and he actually showed up!

I am not a big drinker. But, decided to partake in “some” of the Pavilion’s libations. Bill (DH) on the other hand had a drink at EVERY Pavilion.

More to come ...

:rolleyes1

I got with Bill (DH) and he gave me his drink list.

Bill's Drink Around the World
Canada - beer
UK - Bass Ale & a Woodpecker Cider
France - Double Grand Marnier Orange Slushie
Morocco - Sultan's Colada
Japan - Sake
America - Sam Adams beer
Italy - Limoncello
Germany - beer
China - Tsing Tao beer
Norway - Carlsburg Beer
Mexico - Tequila flight

:scared1: Yes, he drank ALL that! Note, he was NOT falling down sloppy drunk. He's 6'5" and can hold his alcohol and this was over a six hour timeframe. Also, we took Disney transportation back to our room.

Looking back, I only drank in three Pavilions.

Jennifer's Drink Around the World
UK - Woodpecker Cider (It was very sweet, but good!)
France - Grand Marnier Orange Slushie (I wanted to finally try this after seeing Samantha Brown have one on her travel show. It is good and you CAN taste the alcohol. But, it took forever to drink!)
Italy - Limoncello Slushie (Most people were standing in line to get a shot of limoncello and I found a stand selling the slushie version. I honestly preferred the slushie version better.)

That was enough for me! ;)

I got with Bill (DH) and he gave me his drink list.

Bill's Drink Around the World
Canada - beer
UK - Bass Ale & a Woodpecker Cider
France - Double Grand Marnier Orange Slushie
Morocco - Sultan's Colada
Japan - Sake
America - Sam Adams beer
Italy - Limoncello
Germany - beer
China - Tsing Tao beer
Norway - Carlsburg Beer
Mexico - Tequila flight

:scared1: Yes, he drank ALL that! Note, he was NOT falling down sloppy drunk. He's 6'5" and can hold his alcohol and this was over a six hour timeframe. Also, we took Disney transportation back to our room.

Looking back, I only drank in three Pavilions.

Jennifer's Drink Around the World
UK - Woodpecker Cider (It was very sweet, but good!)
France - Grand Marnier Orange Slushie (I wanted to finally try this after seeing Samantha Brown have one on her travel show. It is good and you CAN taste the alcohol. But, it took forever to drink!)
Italy - Limoncello Slushie (Most people were standing in line to get a shot of limoncello and I found a stand selling the slushie version. I honestly preferred the slushie version better.)

That was enough for me! ;)

I agree:thumbsup2

:goodvibes How was California? Did you like Napa Rose? :worship: I can't wait to go back!!!!!! I hope we can get back to DLR in 2013. I want to go before DD5 is too old for Cars Land. ;)

Hi Jennifer,

Napa Rose food was Great. I think the service was just average... sort of surprised that it was not better.

Cars land is going to be so big I can't wait to see it. I want to ket if open for a little bit before we go back. We are thinking 2013 or 2014... but we are going back for sure.

Take care and see in you on Sep/Oct,

Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter