Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40! Updated 8/31 - As If Goodbye Wasn't Enough! The End

Love all the photos :rotfl:

Thanks Jo!

Love your Halloween Photos...:goodvibes...you look like you were having fun...:thumbsup2

We ate at the Wave and I thought the lounge looked like fun...apparently it is...;)

We did have a good time. And the lounge was just very cool to relax in.

Thanks for the Wave lounge pictures! Katharina and I are thinking about heading there for a drink after our CG dinner, it looks like a cool place. But it lookes so empty on your pics!!

We were the only people in the lounge...couldn't believe it! Maybe it hasn't caught on just yet?

And I know I've been a very very bad Disser having disappeared for almost a month! :scared1::scared1: BUT - I hope to show you why very shortly and hopefully get back on track! :flower3:

I promised you all a good excuse of why I’ve disappeared for a month and here they are! First we spent about four weekends getting all this up and installed:

It took a bunch of preparation - we started the second weekend in November (just a few pics….)
IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

Then we finally lit it!
Looking up close from the North
PB290137.jpg

Then a little wider:
PB290136.jpg

Straight up:
IMG_0319.jpg

From the South:
PB290139.jpg

Close ups as if you were walking around the house:
IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

You may have noticed in the wide shots that we did not have the big white tree, snowman, or horse and carriage. The day after we finished our alderman stopped by and told us she would not be using those at her house, so if we wanted them, we could have them….of course we wanted them. :rotfl:

I should also mention I’m waiting for DH to get a video together as most of the lights move, chase or do a combination of things. Oh - and did anyone see the hidden (or not so hidden) Mickey? ;)

After all the decorations were up we then had to plan for my 40TH :scared1: birthday party. I think I was so happy as I was still 39 and still am! My birthday isn’t until the 10th and this was on the 5th.

It was really stressful getting ready as I like everything to be perfect…very Martha Stewart and we were really far behind. So four or five meltdowns later, the party began. We’ll begin with food (of course)…sorry, DH forgot to take a pic of the appetizers until they were half gone!
IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

We also served a main course, which one of my close friends helped me get spread out…this was mostly catered in, so it was just getting it from the kitchen to the table.
IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

Then it was time to finally relax and party…we even invited my next husband, Kevin Sorbo, to join us:
IMG_0352.jpg

And Kevin kept wanting to be in the pictures.
IMG_0369.jpg

The family:
IMG_0376.jpg

Red and her DH were there as well:
IMG_0339.jpg

People had a good time, at least the pictures show they did!
IMG_0353.jpg

A quick toast to my friends:
IMG_0390.jpg

Our bartenders – who made more and more potent drinks as the night wore on:
IMG_0400.jpg

Present time!
IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

Present from good friend who helped me get all the food out:
IMG_0396.jpg

Now for the cake…I have a friend who is just a FANTASTIC and AMAZING baker. When we first talked about having a party, she insisted she make the cake. We got to talking about what would be appropriate and it was decided that a Sleeping Beauty cake would be in order. It turned out fantastic…it was five layers, with Swiss butter cream and strawberries, with a pink fondant…but you can see for yourself how much I enjoyed it.

The first two are from my friends house:
14363_1284226551606_1408382257_3082.jpg

14363_1284226511605_1408382257_3082.jpg

Me with my cake:
IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

Here’s the much more normal piece I did eat! :rotfl:
IMG_0358.jpg

At the end of the night, DH and I realized we probably should have a couple of pics together!
IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

It was a really wonderful night and in the end it made all the stress and craziness worth it…it was a night to remember!

Wow your house is amazing, I bet your electricity bills increase at Christmas time :rotfl:

Happy belated Birthday, looks like you had a very fun party and your cake is amazing :thumbsup2

Wow, amazing lights! Almost like the Osborne Lights at DHS!

The party looks like a huge hit! Happy Birthday! My DNiece is your birthday twin, she'll be 9 tomorrow.

:cake::cake::cake:Happy Birthday Tracy!!:cake::cake::cake:

I hope you have a wonderful day today! I hope there is still some celebrating left for the actual birthday, looks liek you really had a great way of celebrating so far already with WDW and your big party! :goodvibes

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance3:

Looks like it was a GREAT party. Love the pic of you with the giant piece of cake. :rotfl:

And your house looks awesome, as it always does! I remember you sharing pics on the Jambo thread a couple years back, looks like it has grown a bit since then! :goodvibes I spied the not so hidden Mickey too, right up at the top, like the star on the tree...:laughing:

I look forward to the video! My DH wants to do dancing lights on our house too, but hasn't ever taken the time and energy to put together the necessary equipment and plan it out. There is a couple houses in our town that do it though, it's fun to drive by and enjoy it!

Happy Belated Birthday Tracy! I hope it was everything you wished it to be...!
party:

Love all the lights...awesome...you have one of those special Christmas light houses that we always seek out during the holidays when we take the kids out for a night time drive looking for the fun lights!...:lmao:I wished you lived close to me so I could put on you on the list...;) We bring travel mugs of hot chocolate and everything...:thumbsup2

Looking for the video...
popcorn::

Wow your house is amazing, I bet your electricity bills increase at Christmas time :rotfl:

Happy belated Birthday, looks like you had a very fun party and your cake is amazing :thumbsup2

I'm just going to let DH pay the bill for this month! :rotfl: And the party was a lot of fun...took me two days to recover!!!

Wow, amazing lights! Almost like the Osborne Lights at DHS!

The party looks like a huge hit! Happy Birthday! My DNiece is your birthday twin, she'll be 9 tomorrow.

Thank you - we Dec 10th kids are just the best!!! :goodvibes

:cake::cake::cake:Happy Birthday Tracy!!:cake::cake::cake:

I hope you have a wonderful day today! I hope there is still some celebrating left for the actual birthday, looks liek you really had a great way of celebrating so far already with WDW and your big party! :goodvibes

Thanks for the birthday wishes Flossbolna - we did continue to celebrate...all week!!! It was a long one. :laughing:

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance3:

Looks like it was a GREAT party. Love the pic of you with the giant piece of cake. :rotfl:

And your house looks awesome, as it always does! I remember you sharing pics on the Jambo thread a couple years back, looks like it has grown a bit since then! :goodvibes I spied the not so hidden Mickey too, right up at the top, like the star on the tree...:laughing:

I look forward to the video! My DH wants to do dancing lights on our house too, but hasn't ever taken the time and energy to put together the necessary equipment and plan it out. There is a couple houses in our town that do it though, it's fun to drive by and enjoy it!

That was the first piece I cut...we eventually cut it into smaller ones, but had to get that shot.

And I keep telling DH that we need music...he just keeps saying next year!!

Happy Belated Birthday Tracy! I hope it was everything you wished it to be...!
party:

Love all the lights...awesome...you have one of those special Christmas light houses that we always seek out during the holidays when we take the kids out for a night time drive looking for the fun lights!...:lmao:I wished you lived close to me so I could put on you on the list...;) We bring travel mugs of hot chocolate and everything...:thumbsup2

Looking for the video...
popcorn::

Thanks Patricia - the birthday was lovely and it was great to have my family and friends around. Awww - and thanks for the compliment about the house...Mark has said that's why he keeps doing this...for the kids who just stop and stare.

We added another tree to the yard, but DH still needs new video...however, here it is minus that one thing!!

Click Picture to Play

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming :lmao:

It was our final wake up at the CR and the view did not disappoint, although it was a little cloudy and did rain some in the morning.
IMG_5297.jpg

IMG_5298.jpg

IMG_5300.jpg

The plan was to wake up early and run over and check us in at AKV then come back and finish packing. Since I was doing this on my own, the plan actually happened just as planned. I made it over to AKV about 7:30am and there was not much of a line for check-in. I ended up with CM Carlos, the exact same CM who checked us in last year. I remembered as he said he used to live in a town not far from ours. I was hoping this was good luck since we had a great villa last time (well minus the air blowing that made me deathly ill!!) Check-in was quick, room was not ready, so back to CR I went.

DH was stirring so we started to get ready to head out. We remembered to take a picture of what kind of mattress they had as we slept so well on it!
IMG_5300.jpg

I admitted to him I was worried about liking AKV after staying at the CR :sad2:. We were so close to the MK and the lake and lots of other things. Those of you who have read my other trippies may remember I hated AKL when we first stayed there in 2006. I liked it the last day, but pouted the rest of the time. I was really worried that would happen again. DH tried to reassure me as we gathered everything up and headed to DTD.

I had also heard from Red – she was supposed to land around d 11:30am, but her flight was now delayed by an hour or so. This actually worked out a little better for us as we could spend more time at DTD before meeting up. After being sick last year, I informed DH I was going to buy EVERYTHING I wanted to on this one trip…I wasn’t going to chance saying we’d come back and then not doing it.

So in we went to the Christmas Shop where my rewards card blazed a trail and we had many many bags to bring back with us :rotfl:. We shopped a little in some of the other stores, but it was then time for our reservation at T-Rex. Didn’t know much about this place, but it looked cool and I had a gift card from My Points to use.

There was a big line when we walked up, but asked someone where to check in if we had a reservation. We were then directed to the second desk inside. We were seated after only a couple of minutes in what I can only call the forest room. Our room had the meteor shower happen every 15 minutes or so – we very cool.
IMG_5333.jpg

This guy was right next to us –
IMG_5332.jpg

Outside the restrooms
IMG_5330.jpg

Wandering around – the other rooms were pretty cool as well.
IMG_5328.jpg

IMG_5327.jpg

IMG_5325.jpg

IMG_5324.jpg

Our waitress came by, I think her name was Lindsey. Best server we had all week. She took our drink orders and then came back for our food orders. Here is where DH floored me. I ordered my soup and dinner. He ordered his dessert and dinner. Yes – fairly normal, but it was in that order! He wanted his dessert first. He is always complaining he gets too full after eating for dessert and has said for years he was going to order dessert first….well he did. So here’s my Asteroid French Onion Soup:
IMG_5304.jpg

And DH’s Chocolate Extinction

IMG_5310.jpg

IMG_5309.jpg

IMG_5308.jpg

IMG_5307.jpg

OMG – it was HUGE and so cool with the smoke coming out of it. He managed to just eat about a quarter of it.

Lunch came and was fantastic. I had a T-Bone steak…was cooked perfectly and soooo tender (which doesn’t look like it’s on the menu anymore!) –
IMG_5322.jpg

DH had Primitive Pork Shank with a side of ribs!
IMG_5318.jpg

IMG_5320.jpg

This was probably the best meal of the trip. Everything was so good, service was fantastic, definitely on our must do list now.

After we finished up, it was probably about 1:30 and as soon as we walked outside my phone was buzzing telling me I had a message. It was AKV saying our room was ready – an hour ago. YEAH!! It’s time to go home :cool1:…

:santa::santa:MERRY CHRISTMAS
EVERYONE:santa::santa:

Hope everyone who is celebrating today has a very happy and safe holiday with your family and friends.

Click Picture to Play

Henry happened to be on my lap when I played your video - he asked, "What's that?" So I said, "A lady's Christmas lights."

"More lights." So we watched a second time.

"More lights." So we watched a third time...:laughing:

He really, really likes it! (and me too!)

The plan was to wake up early and run over and check us in at AKV then come back and finish packing. Since I was doing this on my own, the plan actually happened just as planned.

:rotfl: That made me laugh out loud! ;) Beautiful pictures at CR!!

So in we went to the Christmas Shop where my rewards card blazed a trail and we had many many bags to bring back with us :rotfl:

:rotfl2: I LOVE the Rewards Card, don't you?! So fun!!

He ordered his dessert and dinner. Yes – fairly normal, but it was in that order! He wanted his dessert first. He is always complaining he gets too full after eating for dessert and has said for years he was going to order dessert first….well he did.

That is AWESOME!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

So here’s my Asteroid French Onion Soup:
IMG_5304.jpg

That looks so stinkin' good.

Yum, those veggies look great too!

I am thinking to get a MyPoints card for our next trip and eat a meal here, Henry will be three by that time, so I think he'll be really into it! He likes dinosaurs now, but I think the noise would frighten him some....do they roar/are they loud? Hopefully by age three he'll like that! :laughing:

Before we continue, here’s the video of the Chocolate Extinction – it was so cool!
Click Picture to Play

My lesson of the day was that my goofy phone does not work in T-Rex. After a couple of minutes outside, not only did I have a message saying our room was ready (YAY!) but that Red had finally made it to Orlando, delays and all and was all checked in. I immediately called her and she said not to hurry back and that she would even meet us. Nope – I really really wanted to see what kind of view we had from our room. I LOVED the one we had last year and didn’t think anything could top it.

So off to AKV we go, we grab our bags and off to the fifth floor we go. We get to the room and just look at each other…is this even really possible?
Here’s a picture of our view from our room last year:
IMG_2306-1.jpg

And here’s the picture from this year
STB_5414.jpg

Looks really similar right, well it should….we had exactly the same room as last year. So view worries were over – I knew it was a spectacular view. I asked DH to take a few pics of the room just in case, and he did. Video and pictures of the studio first.
IMG_5355.jpg

IMG_5356.jpg

IMG_5357.jpg

IMG_5358.jpg

IMG_5359.jpg

IMG_5360.jpg

IMG_5363.jpg

IMG_5364.jpg

IMG_5365.jpg

IMG_5367.jpg

Click Picture to Play

Then it was on to the one bedroom space.
IMG_5369.jpg

IMG_5378.jpg

IMG_5375.jpg

IMG_5376.jpg

IMG_5377.jpg

IMG_5371.jpg

IMG_5372.jpg

IMG_5373.jpg

IMG_5374.jpg

Taking the pictures made for one of the harder moments of the trip for DH and I didn’t even think about it until he said something…but the last time we were in these rooms were with his parents. His mom was healthy then (or so we thought) and we had a lot of fun. I offered to see if we could switch rooms, but he said it would be fine, it would get better.
Continued in next post....

This meant I got to keep my most favorite view!!

Click Picture to Play

I think at this point having my friends with us was a great idea, as a moment later Red was with us and the mood totally switched back to fun. She had a standard room booked and was given a SV room. So I checked it out, without the camera, of course!

Red and I decided to relax by going swimming for a bit…DH stayed behind and played on the puter of course. We still hadn’t heard from Evil Twin, so I was hoping her flights were all on schedule.

After swimming a bit, we decided to walk over and check out Kidani. I’m glad we did. The walk was not bad at all and it was great to see it in person.

Lobby
IMG_5383.jpg

IMG_5387.jpg

IMG_5382.jpg

Store
IMG_5384.jpg

Check In
IMG_5386.jpg

IMG_5385.jpg

Sanna Bar
IMG_5391.jpg

Lookouts
IMG_5392.jpg

IMG_5396.jpg

Out on the Savannah
IMG_5397.jpg

IMG_5398.jpg

IMG_5401.jpg

Walking
IMG_5402.jpg

Bus Stop
IMG_5403.jpg

Pool
IMG_5407.jpg

IMG_5408.jpg

IMG_5409.jpg

Video tour of Kidani
Click Picture to Play

We then got a call the Evil Twin was on ME and on her way. While we had been checking out Kidani, here’s what she was seeing ;)
IMG_5411b.jpg

IMG_5410b.jpg

Continued in next post....

She soon arrived and the party began. She and Red knew each other from my wedding and had hit it off there, so it was like a bunch of friends being back together again.

We had decided with all the planes that day, we would take it easy that night and stay at the resort. So it was dinner at Jiko. I was looking forward to some Mac and Cheese as I remembered from the one time I had it, it was outstanding.

We started with the assorted breads, which were pretty good. So good we forgot to take a picture! :rotfl:

I had the Filet & Mac and Cheese and it was sooo yummy. I did have them put the sauce on the side.
IMG_5420.jpg

Evil Twin also had the Filet and really like it!
IMG_5422.jpg

I can’t remember who had what, but I think DH had the Hlibut
IMG_5418.jpg

and Red had the Short Ribs
IMG_5419.jpg

We did order desserts to split among us:
Celebration dessert before
IMG_5423.jpg

and after :rotfl2:
IMG_5428.jpg

We also had the Crème Brulee
IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5427.jpg

Everyone LOVED their dinner and we were off to a great start.
IMG_5425.jpg

IMG_5426.jpg

We had had some wine with dinner and the ladies who had flown in were a big travel lagged. So Red came back up to our room as I said I needed to give everyone something. One of my two BFF’s made a crack about wearing matching shirts and I laughed. Couldn’t wait to give them the matching shirts. I think I knew by my laugh that’s what they were getting…so here’s what they did:

Click Picture to Play

The one comment – “OH, they are not as bad as I expected them to be.” :lmao: I promised next time they would be worse :stir: It was then off to sleep as tomorrow is a full long park day in our matching t-shirts.

Hey Tracy glad that you're writing again...:goodvibes

I loved your review of T-Rex...I wasn't really sure if the food would match up to the atmosphere and it sounds like it did...:thumbsup2 What a fabulous dessert...it's like an entire experience...:lmao:

I'm glad that evil twin arrived safely so the evil can now begin...;)

Henry happened to be on my lap when I played your video - he asked, "What's that?" So I said, "A lady's Christmas lights."

"More lights." So we watched a second time.

"More lights." So we watched a third time...:laughing:

He really, really likes it! (and me too!)

Sorry Brook, somehow I missed your post!! I love hearing that about Henry and the lights. We've seen multiple families stop this year and the little kids go crazy. It has really inspired DH and he wants to make it even bigger and better next year.

:rotfl2: I LOVE the Rewards Card, don't you?! So fun!!

DH may even sign up for Mypoints so we can try and get even more of those for T-Rex!

That looks so stinkin' good.

It was! :rotfl:

I am thinking to get a MyPoints card for our next trip and eat a meal here, Henry will be three by that time, so I think he'll be really into it! He likes dinosaurs now, but I think the noise would frighten him some....do they roar/are they loud? Hopefully by age three he'll like that! :laughing:

Ours startled us at first but they weren't too bad. Maybe ask to sit anywhere but in the dinosaur room?

Hey Tracy glad that you're writing again...:goodvibes

I loved your review of T-Rex...I wasn't really sure if the food would match up to the atmosphere and it sounds like it did...:thumbsup2 What a fabulous dessert...it's like an entire experience...:lmao:

I'm glad that evil twin arrived safely so the evil can now begin...;)

Hi Patricia - trying to be better now about writing since the holidays are over...although now we have to take everything down. :lmao:

T-Rex was a great surprise. The food we had was fantastic and so was our server. I'm really really bummed they took the steak off the menu...I'm still hoping they'll bring it back.

And I think having to deal with me, Red and Evil Twin got to DH right away...at least a picture from the next day makes it look that way! :rotfl2:

What a fun update!! I am looking forward to all of you wearing the t-shirts! ;)

I think I had the standard room just below your DVC room once and I agree it is one of the best pool views you can have! I am really hoping for a view like that in 16 days!! :woohoo:

Sorry I totally missed your T-Rex post!

Wow the dessert looked awesome, what exactly was it? And too funny that your DH ordered it first :rotfl:

I'm glad you liked the view from your room and how wonderful that you got to meet up with friends. I had the fillet and mac and chesses last December and although I thought it was a very odd combination (us Brit's have different tastes to you guys :rotfl:) it was nice :thumbsup2

Great update! We'll have to try TRex next time, the kids love RFC so I'm sure this will rate up there with them too! DSis and I went out to dinner a long time ago and got dessert first (Death by Chocolate at Bennigans-yum!).

Don't you just love AKV? The rooms at Kidani will blow you away, so big!

Will have to check out your videos later, can't get youtube to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter