Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40! Updated 8/31 - As If Goodbye Wasn't Enough! The End

So sorry you encountered so many rude people and in such a short space of time too :sad2: Did these people forget they were in the happiest place on earth? :rotfl:

Glad you had a nice meal though and how sweet you got a little cake :goodvibes

Tracy,

I love this update...the castle looks so pretty inside and your food looks really good too...

It is always so pretty and it's just cool to be inside. The food did look good, just wished it had tasted a bit better. :rotfl: It seems to be good every other time we try it.

I watched the video and was trying to figure out who the rude family was...ot should I saw rude lady...;)

I'm so sorry about the poking mom...what a lousy think to do to any child let alone your own...and its hard to know what to do in those situations because she might just take it out on him later if you saw anything...:sad2:

AS for rude big hair lady at the Castle...)and I have thick curly hair so I'm a big hair lady too...:lmao:...it's times like that that I just wish I had a tazer so I could zap some sense into people...;)

(at least it brought everyone else together...;)

We have no video of the rude big haired lady, only the families we made friends with. You can kind of see her daughter wandering in and out...not standing in line, yet "THEY WERE FIRST!!" :rotfl:

I also didn't want to make it worse for the poor kid we saw on Main Street and I think DH finally thought the same thing. Hopefully it was a one time incident (at least that's what I'm going to think!!) :sad2:

Just found your TR and I'm enjoying it thus far. The videos really give the report an extra spark. I like it.

:welcome: meeko. I passed on to DH what you said about the videos and he was really happy. I then told him to get cracking so I can post more days :rotfl2:.

Cinderella's Royal Table looks so beautiful on the inside. I'm really missing it now since I haven't been in years. I can't convince anyone else to go because no one else in my family likes the food or wants to go to a Princess meal. The desserts look great though.

That stinks about not being able to go to the castle. Could you convince them that dinner is not a princess meal. We kind of dragged out dinner to see the show, but if you time it right, you don't even see the show with the Fairy Godmother and mice. You could also skip the picture with Cinderella if you wanted to do that. It is pricey at dinner and can be hit or miss with the food. But it's just a great experience, at least once. I don't think we'll be back on our next trip.

So sorry you encountered so many rude people and in such a short space of time too :sad2: Did these people forget they were in the happiest place on earth? :rotfl:

I think they must have forgotten, or they figured it was the happiest place on earth where my trip must be perfect and who cares if I screw up someone elses. :laughing: I'd just never seen that much rudeness on any of our trips, let alone in such a short span of time.

Glad you had a nice meal though and how sweet you got a little cake :goodvibes

It was very sweet to get the cake, and as DH says, you go to the castle for the experience and not the food. He used to say that about the steakhouse in the Contempory as well since it was right below the monorail.

UGHHH - why does the drama never seem to end? If anyone has any advice, please please let me know!!

We just received a letter in the mail from ACCC Insurance Company of Georgia asking for all our details for the accident we were involved in on the highway. The problem…we were never involved in an accident. We did get two flat tires while driving in the HOV lane on 175, and immediately pulled over onto the shoulder. But there was no accident. DH called this company and they said someone is claiming we sideswiped them. I called Alamo since we were in their car, and they said the only damage the car had (we were in downtown Atlanta) when we returned it was two flat tires. No other damage. We had also called Georgia State Police since we were from out of town and didn’t know who else to call since we were semi-blocking traffic. The trooper did write a report that we had two flat tire by caused by something on the road.

The letter came with the wrong street name (we had two words and they inserted one in between) and our city spelled wrong. :sad2: The insurance company told DH to return the letter saying we were not involved in any accident, but I really want this taken care of now.

Perhaps it’s also a Georgia law or something, but the insurance company also asked for a copy of our title. I’ve unfortunately been involved in a major accident years ago (I was hit by a drunk driver) and neither company asked for a title.

Something doesn’t seem right here. :confused3 I've also posted this on the transportation board.

Thanks!

Obviously I can't help you with that horribe car/insureance issue! Being from Germany I know nothing about US insurances... But I wanted to say that I am so sorry that you have to go through this. It's just such a sour ending to the memories of your trip which was supposed to make you feel good after what you have be thrrough this year... :sad2: So lots of hugs from me!! :hug::hug::hug:

This sounds like some sort of scam to me but not sure how an insurance company could try to do that. Is the name of the ins. company a well know company? I recently got a call from a Loan place saying they had some money they wanted to deposit into my account and asked for my banking info. Although I did inquire about a loan, it wasn't through this particular company and he got really rude when I asked information from him (address, name of company, phone number, etc.) I sent a letter to them asking that they never contact me again and if I did receive another call, I was reporting them to the FBI.

I hope you get this straightened out. It sounds like you have taken all the right steps so far. Good luck!

Obviously I can't help you with that horribe car/insureance issue! Being from Germany I know nothing about US insurances... But I wanted to say that I am so sorry that you have to go through this. It's just such a sour ending to the memories of your trip which was supposed to make you feel good after what you have be thrrough this year... :sad2: So lots of hugs from me!! :hug::hug::hug:

Thanks Flossbolna - it is a sour ending, but I think more annoying than anything.

This sounds like some sort of scam to me but not sure how an insurance company could try to do that. Is the name of the ins. company a well know company? I recently got a call from a Loan place saying they had some money they wanted to deposit into my account and asked for my banking info. Although I did inquire about a loan, it wasn't through this particular company and he got really rude when I asked information from him (address, name of company, phone number, etc.) I sent a letter to them asking that they never contact me again and if I did receive another call, I was reporting them to the FBI.

I hope you get this straightened out. It sounds like you have taken all the right steps so far. Good luck!

I think it is someone trying a scam as well. I checked on the internet and it does seem like a legit company. I think I will probably our State Attorney General and the one in Georgia as well. It just sucks that there are people out there like this, who will try and pull a scam like this. I also keep thinking they either pulled our info off the police report for the flat tires we had (yes, that's what happened - the spoiler for the last day :laughing:) or it was someone inside Alamo. Either way it just sucks that there are people like this, and I really hope karma comes back and bites them in the butt.

OK - I'm done being mean for now :rotfl: - back to our regular programming!

YAY – finally time to head out to the party. DH was grumbling before we came over that he didn’t know why we wasted our money on this party. It was boring and stupid. I played the it’s my trip card, and we went anyway. After walking on the first few rides in Fantasyland, DH got into a better mood and remembered why we always go. The rides are usually empty and the MK looks kind of cool.
IMG_5238.jpg

IMG_5242.jpg

It was soon time for the fireworks, so we tried to figure out where to watch them. At this point I tried to call Tiggerbell since she was also at the party, but as it turns out, her new cell would not work in Florida. We thought we’d meet up here, since she and DH have yet to meet even though we live in the same town and about ten minutes from each other. Oh well – next time! The debate began again, and somehow we ended up behind the castle. We’d never seen the fireworks from there and it certainly was different. The thing about being there is you have fireworks going off from everywhere so you never know where to look.
IMG_5250.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_5243.jpg

IMG_5254.jpg

And guess who we ran into again…yep – the no ADR family. They were also sitting back there on a bench thing waiting for the fireworks. The only reason we were back there was because we’ve seen them from all other good places. Whoever told this family what to do on vacation could not have been further offbase. At least they weren’t trying to get in anywhere :rotfl2:

We skipped the parade and hit more rides, since we could walk onto things like Dumbo and Aladdin. We could have ridden things over and over. On our way to the Haunted Mansion we ran into these people –
Image008.jpg

When we got the Haunted Mansion that was even empty. While we were walking in we saw the Ghost singing and talking. I was laughing at something and the next thing you know, I’m going back and forth chatting and trading barbs with her. I really wish DH had it on video cause I thought it was funny. We also have no pictures of her! After the ride, we did see our driver from last year there though…
Image011.jpg

Image012.jpg

Collected a bunch of candy and decided to walk back to the CR. It seems like it’s a close walk, but somehow it ended up being really a long one. Not sure why, unless maybe we were tired. We were then drawn in by the blue glow.....

Continued in next post

For some reason, the videos would not post correctly unless they are by themselves :confused3 Here's the fireworks videos:

Click Picture to Play

So sorry about the car thing, I hope you get it sorted quickly :hug:

So would you recommend watching the fireworks from back there? How funny you saw the no-ADR family again, surely if they were watching from back there they must be seasoned travellers!

So sorry about the car thing, I hope you get it sorted quickly :hug:

Thanks Jo - me too!

So would you recommend watching the fireworks from back there? How funny you saw the no-ADR family again, surely if they were watching from back there they must be seasoned travellers!

It was certainly different, which was fine since we've seen them from just about everywhere else. The problem was the fireworks were going off all around us, so you never really knew where to look. So pictures and/or video was difficult to capture as you were always spinning. It wasn't very crowded though, which was kind of nice.

I. NEED. SOME. HALLOWEEN. PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!(i have to wait to next year...well-something to look forward to...;)

Needless to say-I love your Halloween pictures...especially the ones with the HM ghosts...:thumbsup2

(I'm sorry about the insurance/accident scam incident...that stuff is just draining...:sad2:

That is so cool that the fireworks were all around you but I would have to agree that it's not THE best viewing spot. btw what's with the lady standing with her elbows sticking out? :confused3 I always get so peeved when someone stands like that especially in close quarters (if she is a Diser, please don't take offense!! It just annoys just me). Sounds like a great evening in spite of everything (and the annoying ADR family)!

We went to the Pirate & Princess Party in 2008 and aytually liked it much better than I expected. I think I would love to go to the Halloween party since it actually makes much more sense than the PPP! :goodvibes

I. NEED. SOME. HALLOWEEN. PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!(i have to wait to next year...well-something to look forward to...;)

I know how you feel! I love Halloween and we didn't even decorate like we usually do this year. Things were just "off" with projects around the house and getting ready for the holidays now.

BUT - here's a couple of quick pics of how we did at least celebrate with our friends:

Halloween091.jpg

Halloween092.jpg

Halloween093.jpg

Needless to say-I love your Halloween pictures...especially the ones with the HM ghosts...:thumbsup2

Those are the most fun pictures - I totally look for that every year.

(I'm sorry about the insurance/accident scam incident...that stuff is just draining...:sad2:

Yep - I'm always stunned for some reason that there are people out there like that. Don't know if still being stunned is a good thing or not.:sad2:

That is so cool that the fireworks were all around you but I would have to agree that it's not THE best viewing spot. btw what's with the lady standing with her elbows sticking out? :confused3 I always get so peeved when someone stands like that especially in close quarters (if she is a Diser, please don't take offense!! It just annoys just me). Sounds like a great evening in spite of everything (and the annoying ADR family)!

:rotfl: I have to tell you, as I've talked about the rude familes, I've been afraid that they are Diser's and would end up seeing themselves and I'd get an earful! :rotfl2: When your squished, I try and take up just a small space, but not everyone does, as we learned a couple of days later. :rolleyes1

We went to the Pirate & Princess Party in 2008 and aytually liked it much better than I expected. I think I would love to go to the Halloween party since it actually makes much more sense than the PPP! :goodvibes

The Halloween one is a lot of fun. As I said DH was complaining about spending the extra $$$, but once there had a lot of fun. I just love Hallowishes too. My goal some day is to get to a MVMCP. Although I know that's out for the next two years :eek: Maybe for my 50th we'll go in December!! :lmao:

I have to say, the "Eve" costume is HILARIOUS! Oh my goodness! Very creative.

You two look great!!!!! Awesome costumes!

Just read about the rude people-what a pain! And what is up with the No ADR people? I just don't get it. Sure, I get maybe they are a first timer to Disney and had no idea they had to make ADRs, but being polite about things gets you a whole lot further in life! :sad2:

Glad to read the evening improved though! Walk on rides are always good. :goodvibes

I have to say, the "Eve" costume is HILARIOUS! Oh my goodness! Very creative.

You two look great!!!!! Awesome costumes!

Thanks Brook - our friend is a graphic artist and always comes up with the best costumes and decorations for her house. My costume was very "uncreative"...wore it last year, but less make-up and "good girl" hair. This year went for more of the bad girl :rotfl: DH's came up cause he had nothing else, but one that he kept wearing for the last couple of years. It's the first time in 18 years that we had a "couple" costume going.

Just read about the rude people-what a pain! And what is up with the No ADR people? I just don't get it. Sure, I get maybe they are a first timer to Disney and had no idea they had to make ADRs, but being polite about things gets you a whole lot further in life! :sad2:

That's what I thought as well (about being nice) but I think these people either knew and didn't care, or decided to just be mean the whole time since they were trying the same lines at CRT that I had heard the night before at the CR concierge. The we made reservations, but didn't get a confirmation, and then the so and so made them for us, and having nothing made us go hmmmm. And I hate to say it (yes, being judgemental) but just from the way the were dressed (not really for theme park walking) and their whole demeanor (to the CM's) I think they were used to throwing their weight around and getting their way. Didn't work this time though. ;)

Glad to read the evening improved though! Walk on rides are always good. :goodvibes

That is always well worth the extra $$$ to spend on the Halloween Party. That way when we go back, we can just concentrate on our favorites.

As we returned to the CR, we were captured by the lure of the blue glow from The Wave lounge calling out to us. You know how you have to twist our arms to have a late night drink :rotfl:
IMG_5262.jpg

IMG_5261.jpg

IMG_5260.jpg

IMG_5259.jpg

Here’s some of the beers on tap.
IMG_5265.jpg

In we went for a drink and my glow cube quest continued. They made the best Blue Glowtini I had all week.
IMG_5263.jpg

IMG_5264.jpg

And DH took a bunch of pictures and video
IMG_5268.jpg

IMG_5270.jpg

IMG_5273.jpg

IMG_5275.jpg

IMG_5277.jpg

Click Picture to Play

On our way out, he also took a few of the now empty restaurant.
IMG_5278.jpg

IMG_5283.jpg

IMG_5284.jpg

Back up to the room, where we played with the very cool lighting
IMG_5285.jpg

IMG_5287.jpg

IMG_5290.jpg

It was then off to sleep as tomorrow will start the main festivities as Evil Twin and Red will both be arriving and I want to be up early to check in at “Home.” We'll also meet a chocolate explosion!

Love your Halloween Photos...:goodvibes...you look like you were having fun...:thumbsup2

We ate at the Wave and I thought the lounge looked like fun...apparently it is...;)

Thanks for the Wave lounge pictures! Katharina and I are thinking about heading there for a drink after our CG dinner, it looks like a cool place. But it lookes so empty on your pics!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts