Trip #8; But Was It Great? A WDW MAYcation with a side of LegoLand & Celebration, FL!

yeah....I saw it....:sad2: the soft opening starts just after we leave!!! i am a little bummed about it!!Hopefully they will feel a little soft-hearted and let us look at a few things here and there...probably not,..but a girl can hope, right?!

yeah....I saw it....:sad2: the soft opening starts just after we leave!!! i am a little bummed about it!!Hopefully they will feel a little soft-hearted and let us look at a few things here and there...probably not,..but a girl can hope, right?!

Oh that stinks!! :headache: Maybe you should move your trip to the second week in December -- it's Value season!! ::yes:: And Test Track should be open!

Has anyone heard anything recently about Test Track? The WDW site says it's to be done on November 30.....I sure hope they don't move that to any later. Originally it was "fall 2012". And I realize Nov 30 is fall, but dang - it's late fall! :scared1: After being at WDW this spring with most of Fantasyland a mess and TT being down we said we wouldn't come back until a lot of that stuff was open and TT is open. So it better be!!

BTW ~ Happy 4 Months Jodi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1::cheer2::dance3:

Not long now!!!!!!!!!!! pixiedust:

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

:cool1::cool1:

Thank you!!!!!!!!! So excited!!!

Oh that stinks!! :headache: Maybe you should move your trip to the second week in December -- it's Value season!! ::yes:: And Test Track should be open!

Has anyone heard anything recently about Test Track? The WDW site says it's to be done on November 30.....I sure hope they don't move that to any later. Originally it was "fall 2012". And I realize Nov 30 is fall, but dang - it's late fall! :scared1: After being at WDW this spring with most of Fantasyland a mess and TT being down we said we wouldn't come back until a lot of that stuff was open and TT is open. So it better be!!

I can't believe it's going to be open while we are there!! How wonderful!! Looks like we picked a good time to go! Now I hope that TT is open!~!:yay:

:cool1::cool1:

Thank you!!!!!!!!! So excited!!!

I can't believe it's going to be open while we are there!! How wonderful!! Looks like we picked a good time to go! Now I hope that TT is open!~!:yay:

Now if only we could get some set dates for all the GF/Poly stuff! :faint:

We love T-Rex too!! That appetizer was HUGE!! I guess you would have to share that with a small army!!??
You got some great pics in there mine always come out dark. We have never eaten in the ice cave. And we've been there 3 or 4x.
I replied earlier about the interview did you see it?

Shelly- I did reply about the interview but it didn't send. I was driving through the mountains that could be why lol:). It went well they were impressed with all the training and experience I had. We'll see I should find out by Friday.

We love T-Rex too!! That appetizer was HUGE!! I guess you would have to share that with a small army!!??
You got some great pics in there mine always come out dark. We have never eaten in the ice cave. And we've been there 3 or 4x.
I replied earlier about the interview did you see it?

I think next time when we check in I will ask if we can sit in the ice cave!!

Hmm...I don't think I saw anything about the interview. Hope it went well! :wizard:

Shelly- I did reply about the interview but it didn't send. I was driving through the mountains that could be why lol:). It went well they were impressed with all the training and experience I had. We'll see I should find out by Friday.

That is awesome!! :cool1: Is it near where you live?

When I planned our vacation, I wasn't expecting to see any of the new Fantasyland stuff, but then with all the hype and hope that it was to be opened for soft opening in early November, I thought we were gonna get to see some of it...but I guess not...

Your lunch looked yummy!! I have to go back and look, did you post the price? ETA never mind I saw it!

I'm glad you guys will get to see so much of the new stuff!! We won't really see anything, but that was a given. It will probably be a couple years before we go back if our other travel plans actually come to fruition, so it will really look different then! We've got Hilton Head in March 2013, Alaskan cruise in August 2013 and then we're hoping for DL and Aulani in March 2014. Not sure when WDW will be back on the list.

Your DH is so funny - he always looks like he's going with the flow because he knows better than to argue about it! Not that he's not enjoying himself, but you know what I mean? You guys take such nice pictures too!

I don't think the balloon is coming back ever. It sounds like the incident in Hong Kong was due to a serious structural problem and it was very dangerous. But it was not a Disney imagineered ride so you can see why that could happen!

I was just catching up on your report and saw the part about DS10 betting DS 13 to dive into the pool. My only question is what was bet and did DS10 pay up?

I didn't realize they were taking the balloon out for good. :sad2: Darn, I wanted to try that sometime. There's one at DLP, too (as Sheree knows, of course! :) ). When I was there at the beginning of July, it was closed and there were workers CLIMBING ON TOP OF THE BALLOON :scared1::scared1: ! I should have taken a picture of that. But when we went later in July it was open again. :confused3 As far as I know they're not taking it out, so maybe I should try the one here. But on the other hand, if there's something seriously wrong with it... :eek:

Anyway, I can't wait to hear if you got to go on it, Shelly!

LOVE the IllumiNations pics!!! I will be seeing it in just 10 short days!!! :banana: I am beyond excited about the dessert party we're going to and we'll be viewing IllumiNations from Italy. :thumbsup2

We are excited about eating at T-Rex again in Sept. We ate there in Jan 09 shortly after it opened and that's where we met Shawna!!! :goodvibes I'm actually hoping we don't get seated in the Ice Cave. The changing colors would make me nuts. I think we sat a table or two behind your table. We were right under the wooly mammoth. I'm hoping to eat in the "forest" area this time.

Meghan, I thought about that too when I saw those pictures! That was a while back wasn't it?!!! I don't like the room with those changing lights at all!! Headache maker. I might take the kids back to TRex this trip,..they loved it...

Only about a half hour. Not bad at all :)

That's not bad! :goodvibes

When I planned our vacation, I wasn't expecting to see any of the new Fantasyland stuff, but then with all the hype and hope that it was to be opened for soft opening in early November, I thought we were gonna get to see some of it...but I guess not...

That's a bummer. :(

Your lunch looked yummy!! I have to go back and look, did you post the price? ETA never mind I saw it!

I'm glad you guys will get to see so much of the new stuff!! We won't really see anything, but that was a given. It will probably be a couple years before we go back if our other travel plans actually come to fruition, so it will really look different then! We've got Hilton Head in March 2013, Alaskan cruise in August 2013 and then we're hoping for DL and Aulani in March 2014. Not sure when WDW will be back on the list.

Your DH is so funny - he always looks like he's going with the flow because he knows better than to argue about it! Not that he's not enjoying himself, but you know what I mean? You guys take such nice pictures too!

I don't think the balloon is coming back ever. It sounds like the incident in Hong Kong was due to a serious structural problem and it was very dangerous. But it was not a Disney imagineered ride so you can see why that could happen!

It was very good! :)

I was surprised to read that yesterday, looks like we will be there at just the right time for once!! Now if only they would get that mess cleaned up at the GF...

Oh DH has plenty of say in the vacation planning. Actually most of the meals are his choice! Except for T-Rex that is...:rotfl:

That's too bad about the hot air balloon.

I was just catching up on your report and saw the part about DS10 betting DS 13 to dive into the pool. My only question is what was bet and did DS10 pay up?

I don't think any $$ exchanged hands on that one!! :laughing: I think it was more like:
DS13 -- I'd like to jump in that pool right now
DS10 -- you wouldn't do it
DS13 -- you wanna bet??
DS10 -- YEAH!!
DS13 -- In Your Face!!

Me -- um this is supposed to be the "quiet pool" :faint:

:rotfl:

I didn't realize they were taking the balloon out for good. :sad2: Darn, I wanted to try that sometime. There's one at DLP, too (as Sheree knows, of course! :) ). When I was there at the beginning of July, it was closed and there were workers CLIMBING ON TOP OF THE BALLOON :scared1::scared1: ! I should have taken a picture of that. But when we went later in July it was open again. :confused3 As far as I know they're not taking it out, so maybe I should try the one here. But on the other hand, if there's something seriously wrong with it... :eek:

Anyway, I can't wait to hear if you got to go on it, Shelly!

I thought they had taken them down at all the locations until they figured out the problem and thoroughly inspected them all. That's weird that some are coming back and others are not...:confused3
LOVE the IllumiNations pics!!! I will be seeing it in just 10 short days!!! :banana: I am beyond excited about the dessert party we're going to and we'll be viewing IllumiNations from Italy. :thumbsup2

We are excited about eating at T-Rex again in Sept. We ate there in Jan 09 shortly after it opened and that's where we met Shawna!!! :goodvibes I'm actually hoping we don't get seated in the Ice Cave. The changing colors would make me nuts. I think we sat a table or two behind your table. We were right under the wooly mammoth. I'm hoping to eat in the "forest" area this time.

Thanks! :goodvibes Yay for 10 days! I bet the dessert party will be awesome.

The changing colors didn't bother us at all. The forest area would be neat too.

:cool1::cool1:Happy 4 months Shelly!!!:cool1::cool1:

Tomorrow your ticker will have a 3 in it..... just like mine!!!:yay:

I've spent the last three days reading this TR. I loved your last one (seriously -- it's because of your TR that we're staying at the Poly next May!), and I knew when I saw your name that I'd love this one, too. Love all the details and pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter