Trick-Or-Treat & Birthday Sweets! Oct 2013 PTR *NEW* 11/4 TR Link Posted!

Some of you may know me from my previous TR's (links for them all are in my signature), but for the newbies, here's an introduction to the cast of this PTR and eventual TR.

IMG_3296.jpg

First up, myself & DH! Here's a little about us.

I'm khertz :wave2: 27 years old, wife & mom. I earn money to fund our Disney trips by working as a pediatric nurse at a local hospital. This will be my 11th trip to Disney World, and I was also blessed enough to be given to opportunity to visit DL not just once, but twice last year! I love everything Walt Disney World, most of all, trip planning! My all time favorite attraction is Splash Mountain. My favorite characters are Mickey, Rapunzel, and Stitch. My favorite Disney movies are Tangled, Monsters Inc., the Lion King, and The Little Mermaid. Besides just all things Disney, some of my other favorites include reading, Hanson (Yes, the band who sings Mmmbop), the New Orleans Saints, and scrapbooking.

DH is dduck4life here on the boards, but he doesn't post too much. He works as an engineer in the oil field to fund our Disney obsession! This will be his 10th trip to WDW, and has visited Disneyland 3 times. His absolute favorite character is Donald Duck (in case you didn't figure that out from his screen name), and he loves collecting all things Donald. He also has a large Vinylmation collection and likes collecting and trading them, both in the parks and online. I know his favorite attraction was once the Mad Tea Party, but that may have changed. I honestly don't know which movies he'd call his favorites, but I know he enjoys watching them! DH's other favorites I would say include the NFL and fantasy football, photography, action movies, and Mardi Gras parades.

b4001858-8d03-44fe-9641-7bbaba4f143e.jpg

Rounding out our little family of 3 is our adorable, bright, hilarious, and energetic DS! He is two and a half, and definitely keeps us on our toes. During our trip, we will be celebrating his 3rd birthday. This will be his 3rd trip to WDW, and he traveled with us on one of our DL trips last year, so he is no stranger to Disney vacations. However, I think this trip will be different than last year's trip because of how much he now knows about the Disney Universe! He now recognizes TONS of characters outside of the Fab 5, and can instantly recognize attraction music when it comes on in the car. In fact, his favorite thing to listen to as we go back and forth to daycare every day is the Dream Along With Mickey castle show! His favorite attractions are the WDW Railroad, It's a Small World, Disney Jr. Live on Stage, and the Mad Tea Party. And he LOVES meeting the characters! His favorite Disney characters are Mickey Mouse, Lightning McQueen, Mater, and Buzz Lightyear. So as you can imagine, his favorite Disney movies are Cars, Cars 2, Toy Story, Finding Nemo, and he is crazy about Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. His other interests are trains, Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends, race cars, stickers, and parades (he inherited that from his daddy!).

Photo0679FourBySix_zpsfc014af1.jpg

Here's one more of the 3 of us! One of my favorite Photopass pictures from our last trip. :goodvibes

So now that you have met us, here are the other basics of the trip!

We will be traveling from October 22nd through October 30th. We decided on mid week to mid week for the cheaper airfare now that we have to book three tickets for both flights (last year since we traveled to Disney a few days before his second birthday, DS flew free on the way there!). And we wanted to be home before Halloween so that we could trick-or-treat with DS at home.

We will again be staying in a 2 bedroom unit at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, but with a twist! Our first night will be at the Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal Orlando so we can spend a day at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure with the benefit of the unlimited Express Pass for resort guests! More on that later, but a bulk of our trip, 7 nights to be exact, will be at Bonnet Creek. We bought into Wyndham there while on our Disney World honeymoon in 2007, and have stayed there on all of our Disney trips but one. We still feel close to the magic there since it is smack in the middle of Disney property, and never have felt like we were missing out on anything by being "offsite."

Our ticket situation will be one day park hoppers for US/IoA, 5 day park hoppers for WDW, and we are also attending our very first Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

That's the framework of our trip, and I hope you will join in as I fill in all of the details. :woohoo:

Hey there khertz - you know I'm in.

of my other favorites include reading, Hanson (Yes, the band who sings Mmmbop), the New Orleans Saints

No what, really! You? Hanson? Really?:lmao: The Saints too? Wha....? Next thing you know you'll be telling us you enjoy Mardi Gras!

I think the likelyhood of our trips overlapping are pretty low. Arrows are pointing more and more in an early November direction for us. :( :worried: :sad: Though out "Plan B" would be overlap with the first half of your trip.

Still, looking forward to following along.

I'm glad to see that you're going to finally get to make that trip over to IoA. I think that is a great idea to stay at a Universal resort for a night to get the front of the line privleges. You should have no problem getting through all the headliners in both parks that way! :thumbsup2

Hey there khertz - you know I'm in.

No what, really! You? Hanson? Really?:lmao: The Saints too? Wha....? Next thing you know you'll be telling us you enjoy Mardi Gras!

I think the likelyhood of our trips overlapping are pretty low. Arrows are pointing more and more in an early November direction for us. :( :worried: :sad: Though out "Plan B" would be overlap with the first half of your trip.

Still, looking forward to following along.

I know, I know, what a shock to my loyal readers! :lmao: But I gotta throw out those "other thing" to any new followers who might be confused when a random Hanson or Mardi Gras post shows up in a Disney PTR/TR!

Well, November will still be a lot of fun for you, but it will be a bummer to have our trips just miss each other yet again. :(

I'm glad to see that you're going to finally get to make that trip over to IoA. I think that is a great idea to stay at a Universal resort for a night to get the front of the line privleges. You should have no problem getting through all the headliners in both parks that way! :thumbsup2

I'm so so so excited!! I pitched the idea about the one night stay on property to DH and he was hesitant. But really, it only makes sense for us since we only have one day and will have to ride a lot of rides separately. It will get us through those headliner attractions a lot faster! Plus, I think we get early entry into WWoHP that morning, so another plus for staying onsite there. :goodvibes

I'm in. :cool1:

We may run into each other, as our trips overlap. We'll be at WBC from October 27 through November 2. And we're also celebrating a birthday (DGD...will be 5).

I'm in. :cool1:

We may run into each other, as our trips overlap. We'll be at WBC from October 27 through November 2. And we're also celebrating a birthday (DGD...will be 5).

:welcome: LadyBeBop! I actually had your PTR thread open in another tab yesterday when I was searching for other October PTRs to follow, but I hadn't gotten a chance to read through it yet. Going to do that now!

I'm here too! :wave2:

:woohoo: Happy to see you, Dave!

I'm here! Can't wait to hear about your plans! Great intro! :dance3:

Yay, Jen, glad you are here! :yay:

I am a bad DISer and I suck at following your reports but I'm here non-the-less

I'm in! Haven't been on the dis lately..but your PTR's are worth checking in regularly for!! Looking forward to reading and planning along with you!!

I'm here! Yea for another WBC person! I am so excited to stay there on our trip. We have never been, but I am super stoked. (Did I really just say that???? - WOW)

I am following along. :)

We will be traveling from October 22nd through October 30th. We decided on mid week to mid week for the cheaper airfare now that we have to book three tickets for both flights (last year since we traveled to Disney a few days before his second birthday, DS flew free on the way there!). And we wanted to be home before Halloween so that we could trick-or-treat with DS at home.

I'm in! And I will be there at the same time! I am arriving late on 10/23 and I know for a fact that I will be in MK on 10/24. So if there is anyway are paths might cross, I would love to get a chance to say hi. ::yes::

We will again be staying in a 2 bedroom unit at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, but with a twist! Our first night will be at the Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal Orlando so we can spend a day at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure with the benefit of the unlimited Express Pass for resort guests! More on that later, but a bulk of our trip, 7 nights to be exact, will be at Bonnet Creek. We bought into Wyndham there while on our Disney World honeymoon in 2007, and have stayed there on all of our Disney trips but one. We still feel close to the magic there since it is smack in the middle of Disney property, and never have felt like we were missing out on anything by being "offsite."

That sounds like a great plan. I have always wanted to spend a night there to do the exact same thing!

I am a bad DISer and I suck at following your reports but I'm here non-the-less

It's okay Carla, I like you too much to not understand! :goodvibes Sometimes real life is just too busy!

I'm in! Haven't been on the dis lately..but your PTR's are worth checking in regularly for!! Looking forward to reading and planning along with you!!

Happy to see you here, Kara! :banana:

I'm here! Yea for another WBC person! I am so excited to stay there on our trip. We have never been, but I am super stoked. (Did I really just say that???? - WOW)

I am following along. :)

:welcome:

It's okay, I am super stoked too!!! I am confident you will love WBC as much as we do. :goodvibes

I'm in! And I will be there at the same time! I am arriving late on 10/23 and I know for a fact that I will be in MK on 10/24. So if there is anyway are paths might cross, I would love to get a chance to say hi. ::yes::

That sounds like a great plan. I have always wanted to spend a night there to do the exact same thing!

:wave2: Welcome to the party, Mary Ellen! Okay, so our plans are never 100% concrete until just before the trip, BUT...we will DEFINITELY be in Magic Kingdom on Paxton's birthday! No change in the crowd calendar or park hours is going to change that! So we definitely need to meet up!

We stayed there on our honeymoon, and loved it. And I think it will be a perfect way to see both parks in 1 day without having to spend a lot of time in line. So excited!

Your family is beautiful! We will be in the world a few dates as you. Can't wait to read more :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter