Triathlon Thread 2009

That's what I was telling you about. Total Rock Star moment. :goodvibes

OH MY GOD Betsy...you were SO right. Thank you VERY much for your notes, thoughts, and ideas, as well as strategery...it was super helpful to both me and training parter on what to expect, and spot on in accuracy.

NOW I understand why people do this more than once...I'll take next season off (but do some 1/2s and olympics) to get my golf game back, but I can easily see doing this again in 2011.

Mike

First, PD to all who need it, congrats to all who earned it!

My PC's motherboard went down, so I'm on a barely functional laptop...I'll check in as I can, but unfortunately won't be able to be on much until I get a new PC built.

I'm still specing out parts, so it might be a couple of weeks...

Thank you...I'll miss you guys.

OK Mike, you have an excuse, not a good one for us waiting to hear all the details, but an excuse none the less :)

Now Matt - where are you? Did I miss your report?

I need the details, please.

enjoy,
Duane

Got the report done through the start of the bike, but got tired just thinking about the bike... Got sidetracked working on the video, which is quite an undertaking as I have quite a lot of material. So eventually it'll all appear. These things take time! ;)

Unfortunately not many - way hard to catch them on the bike by the time you realize it is them....

MATT!! (not on overpass with hat and gloves.. much harder to spot ;) )
DSC03643.JPG

Getting some sunscreen
DSC03645.JPG

MIKE!! He was moving SO fast I only got the back of him. :thumbsup2
DSC03640.JPG

I'm so impressed with our WISH IRONMEN!

Wanted to post my latest happenings:

So, baby steps. I've been swimming and spinning ever since my sprint Tri at the beginning of Sept. I've worked my way up to swimming 1 mile twice a week (about 45 minutes). I haven't been trying any speed drills, but am thinking about asking my super-nice, super-intimidating tri friend to come watch me to help with my form. I've been spinning twice a week, and just got the name of a good bike store/guy not far away. I hope to check out bikes next month. I've been running about 3 times per week but carefully since my PF is flaring up some.

There's a sprint tri on October 11-- it involves ocean swimming and some bridges for the bike.... I could maybe get a bike in time... NOT! I'm going to run a 5k the day before and then drag the kids to cheer like crazy for the racers about 1 mile from the run finish. Are you all proud of me for controlling myself and recognizing my limitations? :laughing:

My new goal is an Olympic Tri in May. I'll be asking for your expert advice on bikes soon. I did want to let you all know how much I appreciate all your tips from the last race. I came away from it happy and wondering if I held back a little too much- exactly what I hoped for!

Jen in GA

That's so awesome, Jen!!!! Will be fun for you and the kids to cheer, but so hard to hold back. Wow\. You are amazing with the swim! Dh and I are gettign a coach this winter. So needed. I shoudl have my firend the IM give me tips, but I hate for her ot see how bad I am. yes, terrible of me.

Did not do the tri today. Been battling the flu since Thursday. :( Went to packet pick up yesterday, walked around a bit and while thinking I may just do it anyway, I got warm, dizzy, queasy and looking at Patrick knew something wasn't right. Told me all the color had just drained from my face. Got some vitamin water & snack, felt better then had the same thing happen 2 hrs later. Not the best condition to get in the water for half mile swim. Slept all the way home.

The thought of getting halfway across the lake and not being able to move any more is pretty much what kept me out. Otherwise I would've been out there....in 50 degree air temps.... Yeah, brilliant I know... Feel like a loser today.

Wow Liz, that had to be disappointing. That is very hard though, knowing when not to start or knowing when to quit. Not easy.

Just think, if you drowned you couldn't come the the Florida 70.3 in 2011. We couldn't have that!

Duane

Liz,

Way to listen to your body. There will be other races to compete in. Racing while sick or injured is not an option.

Get well soon.

Liz - You did the right thing. Sorry that the right thing is so very hard to do sometimes. (((hugs)))

I just added the Halloween Triathlon in Honolulu, 10/31/09.

Short 400 meter ocean swim, 7 1/2 mile ride, 2.8 mile run for charity.

Gonna be fun!

Jeff - that sounds like fun! Our tri season is over so now planning next years!

400 meter open ocean swim 9 minute (estimate). 2 minute transition. 7 mile bike ride 28 minutes. 1 minute transition, 2.8 mile run, 18 minutes. Total time 58.50, for a 9th place overall finish.

Great conditions, great shirt, and great time. Now for the funniest part. 16 people competed. I'll take the top 10 finish any day!!! LOL.

tri.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter